What is BBA Event Management?
BBA in Event Management is an undergraduate course which is of 3-year duration. This course is also considered one of the Strategic Marketing and Communication Tools by the organizations as with this students will be able to communicate with the potential clients.
Check top BBA Colleges in India here.
In this course events such as concerts, fashion and celebrity shows, musical shows, exhibitions, political rallies and film awards are included.
While pursuing thisd course, students get proper training for an event organization, planning, execution, and conceptualization.
In order to be considered eligible to apply to this program, students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
Admission to this course will be done on the basis of the candidate's performance in the entrance exams or on the basis of their performance in the Class 12 examination.
There are various public and private institutes that offer this course. The average course fees for the program ranges between INR 10,000 and INR 5,00,000.
The job profiles available to BBA Event Management degree holders include Promotion Manager, Brand Development Manager, Marketing Manager, Public Relations Officer, Event Manager etc.
They usually get employment in areas like Software Companies, , Newspaper Houses, Hotel, Travel and Hospitality Industries, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Parties, Event Management Consultancy, Advertising Agencies, Public Relations Firms etc.
The average placement package that can be expected by fresh graduates of BBA Event Management usually ranges between INR 3,00,000 and INR 20,00,000.
What is the BBA Event Management Admission Process?
Admission to the course is usually based on the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam. Some of the major entrance exams conducted for this purpose are CUCET, DSAT, BUMAT etc. Some colleges also offer admission on merit basis. The various steps involved in the admission process are given below.
Candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps in order for Merit-Based admission:
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you wish to seek admission into.
- Get a good score in Class 12 exams.
- In due course of time, colleges release their merit lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
The guide to apply for entrance exam based admission is as follows.
- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves online by visiting the official website of the conducting body.
- Filling up of Application Form: Fill up the application form with all necessary details with care.
- Upload documents: Scan and upload all required documents like mark sheets. Documents need to be uploaded in a specific format only, as specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Application fee: Pay the requisite amount of application fee
- Download admit card: Admit cards are released once all applicants are judged for eligibility. The admit card must be downloaded and printed out to be used on the day of the examination.
- Examination: Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers. Appear for the examination on the date announced.
- Results: Results are announced after a couple of weeks of the exam day. If a candidate is successful in qualifying the entrance examinations, they can move on to the next round.
- Counseling and admission: Counselling is held for students who have cleared the entrance examinations. The student can now take admission in the BBA Event Management course.
What is the BBA Event Management Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for BBA Event Management aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will differ from institute to institute.
- Students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 in Commerce Stream or must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in Class 12.
Which are the popular BBA Event Management Entrance Exams?
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the BBA Event Management program.
Listed below are some of these popular BBA Event Management entrance exams.
CUCET: CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by ten central universities jointly. It is a combined entrance exam which is conducted for providing admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by the central universities across India.
DSAT: It is a university level entrance test which is conducted by the Dayananda Sagar University for admission to various UG and PG courses in DSU.
BUMAT: The Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (BUMAT) is a national-level entrance exam which is conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. The exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission to BBA & BCA courses offered by the university and its affiliated colleges.
The dates of application and examination for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Entrance exam||Application Deadline||Exam date||Exam mode|
|CUCET 2021||To be announced||Fourth Week of May, 2021(Tentative)||Offline|
|DSAT 2021||To be announced||To be announced||Remote Proctored Mode|
|BUMAT 2021||June 13, 2021||June 20,2021||Offline|
How to prepare for BBA Event Management entrance examinations?
To help candidates prepare better and efficiently for the entrance examinations, the following pointers can be referred to.
- Prepare a timetable for studying. Include each topic in every subject and stick to the timetable. This will ensure the entire syllabus is covered at least once. Allocate time daily to studies.
- You have to start early for your aims, so that you will be able to prepare well for the entrance exam.
- Clear up the basics. The basics will form the base for the more advanced chapters later on. A strong understanding of the basics will be useful.
- Allocate time separately for the more difficult topics. If needed, approach a teacher or a tutor to help go over the topics again.
- Don’t forget to revise things. This is the most important aspect of one’s preparation.
How to get admission in a good BBA Event Management college?
To secure admission into a top-ranked BBA Event Management college, a number of factors come into play. Some of the following tips will be helpful in that regard.
- Be aware of the types of questions and the difficulty level of the questions asked in entrance exams.
- Since questions are asked from the syllabus covered at the 10+2 level of schooling, going over the material and notes would be sufficient. Revision of all basic concepts must be done.
- Be aware of all dates and deadlines. Examination application dates, exam dates etc. are changed and advertised in all major newspapers. It is important to keep track of any such news.
- Take a look at the daily news and affairs of the world regularly. Keeping up to date with the news will help in preparation for the exam and counseling round but also act as a break from studying.
BBA Event Management: What is it about?
Information and details about the BBA Event Management program are as follows.
- This course is also considered one of the Strategic Marketing and Communication Tools by the organizations as it is a tool to communicate with potential clients.
- BBA Event Management courses offers specializations in management, marketing, advertising, presentation event catering, venue management etc.
- The sole aim of this program is to equip students with an advanced understanding of Event Accounting, Marketing, Sponsorship Skills, Brand Administration, Event Catering etc.
- The main components of study included in the BBA Event Management are Planning the logistics, devising the event concept, distinguishing the targeted audience etc.
BBA Event Management Course Highlights
Highlights for BBA Event Management program are provided in the table given below:
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Administration in Event Management|
|Examination Type||Semester/ Annual|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with a minimum 50% of average marks with Mathematics/Commerce as compulsory subjects|
|Admission Process||Entrance/ Merit-based|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000- 5,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 - 20,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Apex Resource, Thriive Art and Soul LLP, Homebazaar.com, Morgan Stanley Advantage Services, LogiNext Solution, The Hiring Story etc.|
|Job Positions||Promotion Manager/ Executive Brand Development Manager, Voice Artists, Anchors for Birthday parties, Printing executive, Event Manager/Coordinator|
Why Study BBA Event Management?
The goal to attain a BBA Event Management degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue this course are as follows.
- This course is very beneficial for the development of your personality. In this course, you will learn everything like organizing an event, presenting an event, arranging all the necessary decorations.
- You will be able to develop your interpersonal skills. Not only will this, after pursuing this course, but you also get a chance to meet clients from various fields.
- Students will inculcate communication skills, personality development skills after pursuing this course.
- Students will learn to organize and host any kind of event that may be big or small. The experience of hosting national and international events is a completely different experience and they will gain new experience in every event.
- In the future, you can get a chance to work with some international event management company and can able to experience a completely new experience. This course is all about developing your personality and experience. The more you experienced the possibility of working with reputed brands is higher.
- On completion of this program, students will be able to get handsome salary packages ranging between INR 3,00,000 and 20,00,000 depending on candidate’s expertise in the field.
BBA Event Management vs BBA Hotel Management
|Parameters||BBA Event Management||BBA Hotel Management|
|Overview||This course is not so broad. It is occasional depending on functions, ceremonies, meetings etc. This course is good for developing your personality and coming out of your introverted nature.||This course is broader in terms of job security, salary and placements. This course is good for communication skills|
|Duration of Course||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.||Passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance-Based||Merit-Based/ Entrance-Based|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 - 5,00,000||INR 70,000 - 3,00,000|
|Job Positions||Public Relations Executive/Manager, Promotion Executive/Manager, Marketing Executive/Manager, Designing Executive/Manager, Administration Executive/Manager etc.||Restaurant Manager, Front Office Receptionist, Department Manager, Sales Executive etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 - 20,00,000||INR 3,50,000 - 7,00,000|
Source: College Websites
BBA Event Management Course Specializations
The specializations for BBA in Event Management course are as follows:
- Management and Marketing: Students should manage all the meetings, functions, and any types of events and as a process of marketing, students have to promote their company, brand services and products.
- Venue Management: Responsible for deciding the correct and nearby venue for the event to be organized with the arrangement of the parking facility.
- Advertising, Presentation Event Catering: Responsible for the proper advertisement for their company with sponsors. They should also have to do proper catering including beverages, food, and drinks available for the guests.
Top Colleges for BBA in Event Management
The table below shows the Top colleges for BBA in Event Management colleges offer the course in a full-time mode.
|Name of the College/ University||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|MIT World Peace University, Mumbai||Entrance-Based||INR 2,35,000||INR 7,85,000|
|EMDI Institue of Media and Communication, Mumbai||Merit Based||INR 2,25,000||INR 6,50,000|
|Sage University, Indore||Merit-Based||INR 50,000||INR 5,35,000|
|RIMT University, Gobindgarh||Merit-Based||INR 51,000||INR 8,24,000|
|GEMS B School, Bangalore||Entrance-Based||INR 2,50,000||INR 6,55,000|
|Sandip University, Nashik||Merit-Based||INR 1,10,000||INR 7,26,000|
|IIEM, New Delhi||Entrance-Based||INR 2,50,000||INR 8,75,000|
|TIEM, New Delhi||Entrance-Based||INR 1,20,000||INR 8,35,000|
|NDIEM, New Delhi||Merit-Based||INR 3,20,000||INR 9,25,000|
|Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management, Indore||Merit-Based||INR 23,380||INR 5,55,000|
Source: College Websites
BBA Event Management College Comparison
The table given below depicts the comparison made among the three top BBA Event Management colleges in India.
|College Name||MIT World Peace University, Mumbai||SAGE University, Indore||RIMT University, Gobindgarh|
|Overview||MIT World Peace University is ranked 101-150 among the ranked institutions in engineering category by NIRF and ranked 14 in all Private Engineering institutes in India. This deemed university offers various . degree and doctorate programs in the discipline of Engineering, Pharmacy, Law, Journalism, Management, etc.||Sage University is among the top universities in India. This deemed university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in the field of Engineering, Law, Management etc.||RIMT offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs to its students in diverse streams.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Class 12 from a recognized board.||Passed Class 12 from a recognized board.||Passed Class 12 from a recognized board.|
|Average Fees||INR 2,35,000||INR 50,000||INR 51,000|
|Average Salary||INR 7,35,000||INR 5,35,000||INR 8,24,000|
|Top Recruiting companies||Apex Resource, Homebazaar.com, Morgan Stanley Advantage Services.||Thriive Art and Soul LLP, Homebazaar.com, Morgan Stanley Advantage Services, LogiNext Solution, etc.||LogiNext Solution, The Hiring Story, etc|
Source: College Websites
Top Colleges for BBA in Event Management: Cities
Here are the list of top colleges for BBA in Event Management according to the top cities in India
BBA Event Management colleges in Delhi
Here is the list of top BBA event Management colleges in Delhi:
|Impact Institute Of Event Management - [IIEM], New Delhi||INR 250,000|
|Tritya Institute Of Event Management - [TIEM, New Delhi||INR 120,000|
|New Delhi Institution Of Event Management - [NDIEM], New Delhi||INR 320,000|
BBA Event Management colleges in Mumbai
Here is the list of top BBA event Management colleges in Mumbai:
|Whistling Woods International - [WWI], Mumbai||INR 500,000|
|Ironwood Sports Management Global Academy - [ISMGA], Mumbai]||INR 225,000|
|Anil Surendra Modi School Of Commerce - [ASMSC], Mumbai||INR 302,000|
|Amity University, Mumbai||INR 223,000|
BBA Event Management colleges in Pune
Here is the list of top BBA event Management colleges in Pune:
|MIT World Peace University - [MIT WPU], Pune||INR 235,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University - [BDVU], Pune||INR 79,300|
BBA Event Management colleges in Bangalore
Here is the list of top BBA event Management colleges in Bangalore:
|Gems B School - [Gems], Bangalore||INR 250,000|
|Jain University - [JU], Bangalore||INR 150,000|
|Ebenezer Group Of Institutions, Bangalore||INR 115,000|
|International School Of Management Excellence - [ISME], Bangalore||INR 545,000|
|CMR University - [CMRU], Bangalore||INR 100,000|
|Dayananda Sagar University - [DSU], Bangalore||INR 160,000|
The subjects taught for the BBA Event Management program are almost similar in most of the engineering colleges. The semester-wise syllabus for the entire BBA Event Management course is as follows.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|English-I Language-I Financial Accounting Communication of Business Management Process Study of Environment||English-II Language-II Value Education -Human Rights Services for Advertising Management Organizational Behavior Economics for Executives|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction To PR and Event Management & Women Rights Process Event Production Planning of Event Management Skill-based Subject-I Communication Skills I (Practical)||Event Cost Accounting and Finance Management Occasional l Events (Wedding Planning & Live Events) Management of Human Resource Communication Skills II (Practical) General Knowledge PC Software (MS Office) Theory and Practical Event Finance Management and Cost Accounting Event Sponsorship and Marketing|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Event Law and permission, hospitality Resource Management Event Team and Crew Management Event Special Corporate and MICE events Brand Management Practical on Campus life to corporate life||Media Management Public Relations Tourism and Marketing Project Management and Entrepreneurship Project work and Viva-voice Practical on Soft skill training for business Training Reports and extension Activities|
Which Books Can I Refer to While Pursuing BBA Event Management?
Tabulated below are some of the BBA Event Management subject books that can help students to have a broader and better understanding of the course:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Event Management||Gopal J Kalantri|
|Principles of Management||Dr. S.C Saxena|
What are Job Prospects and Career Options after BBA Event Management?
This course is highly engaging and students can easily enroll themselves in reputed companies after completing this course. The various job prospects for the BBA in the Event Management course are the following
- Available career options of this course are Promotion Manager, Brand Development Manager, Public Relations Manager, Marketing Manager, Administrative Manager, Designing Manager, Voice Artists, Anchors for Birthday parties, Printing executive, and Event Coordinator
- The various areas of employment are, Fashion and Cultural shows, Birthday parties, a Newspaper company, Hotels, Advertising agency, Consulting firm for Event Management, Software companies, Corporate companies, Political parties, Religious Functions, News channels, etc.
- After completing this course, students can engage themselves more in private sector jobs than government jobs. Students also can start their own business.
Some of the most common job profiles that a BBA Event Management degree holder can opt for along with job description and salary package are mentioned in the table below.
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Promotion Manager||Responsible for arranging policies for advertisement and delivering materials for insurance like coupons, contests, and posters, etc.||INR 6,55,000|
|Marketing Executive||Responsible for working as a representative for promotion, market research, deals of their company||INR 2,73,000|
|Public Relations Executive||Responsible for working with various other organizations, customers, officials for the correct way of seeking the company’s goals.||INR 5,70,000|
|Design Manager||The job of a Design Manager is to manage designs and innovative graphics for the team||INR 3,30,000|
|Brand Development Manager||A Brand Development Manager is responsible for developing highly effective market strategies. They have to look after all the departments of the organization.||INR 9,15,000|
Source: College Websites
Event Management after BBA
After the completion of BBA Event Management Course, candidates can opt either for future studies or take up lucrative job offers.
The different job profiles in Event Management after BBA are Promotion manager, Marketing executive, Brand Development manager, etc.
Apart from the jobs the aspirants can also improve their knowledge and career option by pursuing the following PG courses in Event Management after BBA.
|Course Name||Top Colleges||Duration||Average Fee|
|MBA in Event Management||Chandigarh University, Sage University, Adamas University, Parul University, GEMS B School, etc.||2 years||INR 200,000-INR 300,000|
|M.A in (PR and Event Management)||Amity University, Noida, Amity University Kolkata||2 years||INR 105000|
|PG Diploma in Event Management||NIEM, EMDI, GD Goenka University, etc||1 year||INR 150,000|
|PG Diploma in Event Management and Public relations||Amity School of Communication,Noida, National Institute of Media Services, Ahmedabad, PIMR Indore, etc||1 year||INR 2,30,000|
What are the Future Scopes of BBA Event Management?
The BBA Event Management degree holders can prefer doing jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a BBA Event Management degree are as follows.
MBA: Most of the BBA degree holders choose to go for higher education and pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Having a BBA degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that graduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
- Certificate Courses: Students can opt for Certificate Courses in Management on completion of this course.
BBA Event Management FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions pertaining to the BBA Event Management program are provided below:
Ques. What is the total duration of this course?
Ans. The total duration of this course is 3 years
Ques. What is the mode of admission?
Ans. The mode of admission is both online and offline.
Ques. Should I appear for any entrance exam before pursuing this course?
Ans. Yes, you have to appear for entrance exams to seek admission to this course.
Ques. Is it possible to do an MBA after completing BBA in Event Management?
Ans.Yes. you can pursue MBA in Event Management after completing BBA in Event Management
Ques. Do government jobs available for students after completing this course?
Ans. Private jobs are available more than government jobs for this course.
Ques. Can I pursue this course without Mathematics?
Ans.No, you can not do this course without Mathematics. Students must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject to seek admission to this program.
Ques. What subjects are needed for this course?
Ans. Mathematics and Commerce subjects are needed to pursue this course.
Ques. What are the minimum marks required for appearing in the entrance examination?
Ans. For appearing in the entrance examination a student must require to get a minimum of 50% of marks.
Ques. Should I choose BBA in Event Management after 12th?
Ans. Yes, this is an undergraduate course. So, you can pursue this course after completing your Class 12.
Ques. What is the average salary of a fresher after pursuing this course?
Ans. The average salary of a fresher after completing this course ranges between INR 4,00,000 and 5,00,000.