Bachelor of Business Administration is an Undergraduate Degree of 3 years. It is a regular degree provided by UGC recognized universities. This course related to management activities in Resort and Hotels like Hotel and Catering Management,Property Management.
The BBA in Hotel Management Syllabus covers Management, Finance, Hotel Operation, Food and Beverage making the student highly skilled in just three year span.
Multiple entrance examinations are conducted nationally like AIMA UGAT, NCHM JEE,CUET,State HM (MAH CET HM,WBJEE HM, AIHMCT WAT), PUTHAT, majority of which is conducted online with MCQ based paper.
A minimum of 55% in the last qualifying examination is required followed by admission test or direct admission. BBA includes internship in the Second year itself to make the candidate prepared for the hospitality.Institute of Hotel Management and Indian Institute of Hotel Management are some of the old reputed institutions for BBA in Hotel Management. From concept and nature of Management to Basic Accounting,Components of Computer Software to Ownership Structure of Hotels BBA in Hotel Management covers everything related to Hotel & Hospitality Industry.
The average expected salary of a fresh graduate is 5,00,000 INR. The job profiles offered after BBA in Hotel Management are Front Office Manager,Hotel Operation Manager,Food and Beverage Manager.
BBA Hotel Management: Course Highlights
The major highlights of this course at a glance is mentioned here
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 55%/UGAT score|
|Admission Process||Mostly direct admission on the basis of 10+2 score|
|Course Fee||INR 90,000 to 3,00,00|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000 to 7,00,000 (varies country wise)|
|Job Profile||Hotel Manager,Customer Service Executive,Food and Beverage Manager ,Front Office Manager|
|Employment Area||Hotel,Multinational Companies,Cruise,Airline, Hospital administration and catering.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Shangri-La,The Park,Jumeirah,Hyatt regency, JW Marriott,The Lalit,Radisson,Taj|
What is the Admission Process of BBA Hotel Management?
In Hotel Management Undergraduate degree students are mainly selected on the basis of the HSC score or there are special entrance examinations conducted by few institutes such as Common Sage University Aptitude Test , Undergraduate Aptitude Test which are conducted in a year with a rather easy set syllabus.
- Few institutes take direct admission in the BBA Hotel Management course.
- In case of Entrance exams it is required to keep an update on the notification of following BBA Hotel Management Colleges.
- After the announcement for application,candidates for offline application can purchase the registration form or can apply online by visiting the website.
- Essential documents during registration should be uploaded correctly according to the instruction given.
- Test centres are mentioned in the portal to help the candidate in choosing centres according to their convenience.
- After the examination on the given date results will be announced on the following website.
- Candidates who manage to clear the set cut off marks by the institutions will be called for counselling.
- Producing original documents in the counselling date and completing the admission procedure candidate can secure their position in their choice of college.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for BBA in Hotel Management?
For BBA Hotel Management the eligibility criteria is applicable for both Merit based or Entrance based examination.The minimum eligibility criteria for this course is listed below
- The candidates must have cleared the last qualifying examination which is Class XII Boards.
- In order to get admission in BBA Hotel Management the minimum aggregate is 55% from a recognized board.
What are the BBA Hotel Management Entrances?
Generally the admission is directly on merit basis depending on the marks obtained in 12 boards.There are particularly some institutions which conduct their own entrance examination .Candidates who qualify the entrance test are called for an interview. Admission is done on the basis of the performance both in tests and personal interviews.
|Exam Name||Mode||Application Period||Exam Date|
|NCHMCT JEE||Online||January-February 2021||Last week of April 2021|
|Undergraduate Aptitude Test||Online||1st week of January 2021||2nd week of May 2021|
How to prepare for the entrance examination for BBA in Hotel Management?
The entrance examination are of two hour so candidates should be prepared beforehand to clear the cut off and get admission in one of the top Hotel Management Institutes.Here are few important tips for preparation:
- The candidate should be aware of the latest changes in the examination pattern due to Covid-19.For that they can keep an eye on the official websites of the following entrance exams.
- Knowing the detailed syllabus for BBA HM entrance of preparation.A total of 130 MCQs from different sections such as English Language, General Knowledge,Numerical & Data analysis and General Intelligence.
|English Language||Verbal Reasoning,One word substitution,Syllogisms, Idioms,Analogies,Antonyms,Sentence Correction, Contextual usage|
|General Knowledge||Business,Economy,History,Geography,Current Affairs.|
|Numerical & Data Analysis||Geometry,Number System,Ratio Proportion, Percentage,Average, Profit Loss, Geometric Progression.|
|General Intelligence||Visual Reasoning, Puzzles, Arrangement,Series, Numeric Grid, Critical Reasoning, Statement Conclusion.|
- There is no negative marking in most of the entrance still candidates need to be certain to answer the questions.
- To build the confidence candidates need to practice mock tests from the sample papers or some of the test series mentioned below.
- Reading the newspaper on a regular basis will be helpful for the General Knowledge section which has 30 questions.
- Solving papers in the given time without break can be effective for the exam day.
- Previous year question papers of the entrance should be solved as chances are questions can be common from the last five years.
- Practising regularly and effective studying for four to five hours a day is more than enough for securing good marks in the entrance test.
Few books which will help in the preparation for the entrance examination are as follows:
- Hotel Management Exam Guide by LearnX
- NCHMCT-JEE Previous Year Papers Solved by RPH Editorial Board
- Wiley’s ExamXpert BBA Entrance Exam by Wiley India
- Manorama Year Book by K.M Mathew and M.Mathew
- 30 Days Wonder Maths by S.Chand
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by Dr. R P Datson.
How to get admission in a reputed BBA Hotel Management College?
Candidates who wish to get admission in the best colleges then they should smartly plan their schedule and get prepared to clear the entrance exam.
- Candidates need to have the minimum eligibility criteria of having 55% in Class XII boards.
- A good preparation for the entrance exam is always a safe option.
- Preparation must be started after announcement of application fill up that doubles up the chance of doing well in the exam.
- For the interview as well, the Current Affairs part candidate should be reading the newspaper and checking the trends and market of Hotel Management.
- Checking the course curriculum,regular and visiting faculty as well exposure ,internship will help the candidate to sort out the best college for them.
- Placement opportunity is a must on the checklist .The last few years record will be helpful to understand the placement condition.
Why study BBA Hotel Management ?
The choice to study Hotel Management completely depends on the candidates aspiration.Some of the merits of learning BBA are :
- BBA in Hotel Management prepares with the required skill set for the Hospitality Business world. This degree will provide the candidate in depth training on how to manage all the departments.
- Hotel Management is largely an operations oriented subject so the curriculum is designed accordingly with subjects like Food Operation, F&B Operation,Housekeeping Operation.
- This degree will ensure excellent placement opportunities in India as well as abroad by almost every institute.
- Quick decision making through Personality Development and Managerial Communication classes is a part of the syllabus of BBA Hotel Management.
- Learning from the professionals of this industry is also an opportunity during the course and internship in the 3rd or 4th Semester as often the professionals are visiting faculties of the Hotel Management Institutes.
- The average starting salary of a fresher can be somewhere in between 3.5 to 6 LPA.
Top Colleges/Universities for BBA in Hotel Management
These are known to be the best colleges for BBA in Hotel Management in India given below in the tabulated form with the location as well as course fee and placement package
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Indian Institute of Hotel Management||Kolkata||INR 2 Lac||INR 5 Lac|
|Indraprastha Institute of Technology and Management||New Delhi||INR 1.35 Lac||INR 4 Lac|
|Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition||New Delhi||INR 1.32 Lac||INR 3.5 lac|
|IHM Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||INR 67,200||INR 5 Lac|
|Andhra University||Visakhapatnam||INR 99,614||INR 4.7 Lac|
|Manipal University||Jaipur||INR 1.53Lac||INR 6 Lac|
|IIHM Bangalore||Bengaluru||INR 1.88 Lac||INR 3 Lac|
|LNCT University||Bhopal||INR 45,000||INR 4.3 Lac|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management||Kolkata||INR 1.30 Lac||INR 6 Lac|
|Uttarakhand Technical University||Dehradun||INR 53,200||INR 4 Lac|
|Amity Global Business School||Noida||INR 2.7 Lac||INR 7 Lac|
BBA Hotel Management: College Comparison
The top 3 colleges for BBA Hotel Management have slight differences which are categorised according to some parameters as mentioned below:
|Parameters||IIHM Bangalore||IIHM Kolkata||IHM Bhubaneswar|
|Overview||IIHM Bangalore was established in 1994. IIHM Bangalore has excellent infrastructure facilities with multilingual students.||One of best IIHMs established in the year 1994 by Suborno Bose that has affiliations both with MAKAUT and IGNOU.||IHM Bhubaneswar was established in 1973.It is affiliated to NCHMCT.|
|Eligibility||10+2 E-Chat||Class XII passed from recognized board E-Chat||NCHMCT JEE 10+2|
|Admission process||Entrance based||Entrance based||Entrance based|
|Average Fee||INR 1.88 Lac||INR 1.72 Lac||INR 1.09 Lac|
|Average Salary||INR 7 lac||INR 7 Lac||INR 6.8 Lac|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hyatt Regency,Taj, Novotel||Swissotel,Taj,The Park,Oberoi||Four Seasons, Hilton,The Leela,Taj|
What is the BBA Hotel Management Syllabus?
The BBA students have to learn about Hotel Management to Hospitality also Finance throughout the six semester over a period of three years .The given syllabus is given according to the semester
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Fundamentals of Management||Hospitality Marketing|
|Hospitality Accounting||Business Communication|
|Basic Computing Skills||Human Resource Management|
|Basic of Front Office Operation||Basics of Food Production|
|Managing Housekeeping Operation||Basics of Food & Beverages Service|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Financial Management||Organisation Behaviour|
|Food Production Techniques||Service Marketing|
|Restaurant & Bar operation||Room Division Management|
|Banqueting Management||Personality Development|
|Housekeeping Management||Communicative English|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Legal Studies||Event Management|
|Project and facilities planning||Institutional Catering|
|Food production management & Control||Managerial Communication|
|Information Technology||Transport Management|
|Industrial Relation||Statistics for Manager|
Important Books of BBA Hotel Management
These are some of the basic books of Hotel Management which can help them sail through the semester easily.To learn more about different skills and techniques books will play very important role in BBA Hotel Management
|Professional Hotel Management||Dr. Jagmohan Negi|
|Hotel Revenue Management : From Theory to Practice||Stanislav Ivanov|
|Food and Beverage Service||R. Singaravelavan|
|Hotel Housekeeping Management & Operation||Sudhir Andrews|
|Hotel Front Office Management||James A.Bardi|
|Food Production Operations||Parvinder Bali|
BBA in Hotel Management Job Prospects
This course is so versatile and dynamic candidates can expect job offers for variety of roles related to Hotel Operation Management
- Students after completing Bachelor in Business Administration can join any Hotels or Hospitality Chain.
- Skilled Hotel Managers are valued and even the pay package is really well.
- Even the Government Tourism Endeavours are a secured place to start the career after graduating.
- HR Manager and Accounts Manager are the two offset jobs that are also offered to fresh BBA graduates .
- With the rise in need for Hotels,the job prospect in this field is regularly rising.
|Job Roles||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Front Office Manager||To supervise the work of Receptionists,Reservation and Information Clerk and to ensure that the requirement of the guests are catered on time.||INR 4.50 Lac|
|Restaurant and Food Service Manager||To keep a check on the stock of the kitchen cutlery,utensils requirements and arrange equipment maintenance ,repair.||INR 4.30 Lac|
|Housekeeping Manager||To supervise the working of the housekeeping, cleaners with timely ordering of cleaning supplies.||INR 3.80 Lac|
|Department Manager||To train the newcomers in various departments from the office work ,F&B as well as housekeeping.||INR 4.20 Lac|
|Sales and Marketing Executive||Responsible for the sales and service of the product line of the company||INR 4.96 Lac|
|Banquet Manager||Working with the catering department and the food & beverage department related to special events.||INR 4 Lac|
Future Scope of BBA in Hotel Management
A hotel management graduate is open to work in variety of fields which are Multinational Companies,Travel and Tourism,Aviation,Corporate Business, Entrepreneurship,Event Management, Government Tourism Sector and Academician
- The starting salary ranges from 3,50,000 to 15,00,000 as a Senior Level Manager after gaining experience of more than five years.
- As in India, tourism and travel are growing gradually. The sector has a huge potential in the future.One can be a specialist in any particular department.
- Candidates with excellent communication and networking skills can promote easily in their job and can rise up to a position of Director of Hotel Operation wherein the candidate needs to develop strategies to make the operational procedure more feasible and smooth.They are also responsible for effective employee coordination and creating a productive working environment.
- The Hotel Management Industry is generating revenue of more than US$600 billion every year globally.With the spike in growth, the generation of jobs have also increased.
These are some of the Academic Future options for the candidate who do not want to join the Hotel Management Industry right after BBA –
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Post Graduation Certificate Course In Hotel Management
- Post Graduation Diploma Courses.
BBA in Hotel Management: FAQs
Ques :What is the difference in job profile of Hospitality Management Graduate with Hotel Management graduate ?
Ques :What is the average annual salary of a BBA graduate ?
Ques:Is BBA specialization in Hotel Management too expensive as a course ?
Ques :What is the duration of the course ?
Ques:What is the admission process of BBA in Hotel Management ?
Ques: What is the most popular entrance examination for UG courses in Hotel Management ?
Ques:What are the academic options after BBA in Hotel Management ?
Ques:What is the course fee for Masters courses in Hotel Management ?
Ques:What is future scope or the position that one can get after a few years of experience ?
Ques:Name some of the top recruiters for BBA Hotel Management.