BBA in Risk Management is a 3 years UG program. Risk Management involves the identification, analysis and response to risk factors that threatens an organization’s business. These risks could be financial, legal, management errors or accidents or natural disasters.
Candidates who wish to take admission to this course should have completed their 10+2 of education with a minimum of 50% score.
Admissions to BBA Risk Management are based on merit in the last qualifying examination. Some institutions conduct their own entrance test for admissions. Some colleges may also prefer a personal interview process for admissions.
Top Colleges for BBA Risk Management are Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science, HSA Degree College, Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, etc. The average course fee for this course is INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs.
Subjects like research method, business mathematics, risk management, operational research and industrial relation are taught in this course. The course is spread over a period of three years and has five semesters.
A course in risk management helps to identify, mitigate impact and manage risks in the BFSI Industry. Due to the critical nature of business and the risks involved in that business, a risk manager plays a very important role in the organization.
Top recruiter for the program are Deutsche Bank, TATA Consultancy, HDFC, HSBC, CITI BANK, Bank of America, China CITIC Bank, Barclays, CT Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative, BPO, Citibank, Credit Suisse, etc with an average salary of INR 2,50,000 to 17,00,000.
BBA Risk Management: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||BBA in Risk Management|
|Eligibility||10+2 in science from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and counselling|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 2,50,000 to 17,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TATA Consultancy, Bank of America, China CITIC Bank, HDFC, HSBC, CITI BANK, Barclays, CT Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative, BPO, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank|
|Job Positions||Analyst, Associate, Market Risk, Credit Risk Senior Examiner, Data Analyst, Deputy Head of AML Compliance, Director Credit Risk Modeling, Quantitative Researcher|
BBA Risk Management: Admission Process
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance test. In addition to 12th std marks, candidates need to perform well in the entrance exam.
- Candidates need to appear for an entrance test conducted by individual colleges like MET for admission to the BBA course at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Selected candidates will get a call for a personal interview.
BBA Risk Management: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates wishing to apply for BBA in Risk Management will have to clear the eligibility criteria set up by colleges of one’s choice. The minimum eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Clearing 10+ 2 examination from any recognized board with at least 45-50% marks.
- The minimum percentage for admission to BBA program is different for different colleges.
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for admission.
- Please check the admission process of colleges on their website before applying.
BBA Risk Management: Entrance Exams
MET: Manipal Academy of Higher Education conducts its own entrance test. For the academic year 2021, the exam will be centre based or remote proctored as per the condition at that time.
- If the exam is conducted centre based, the students are requested to book for the entrance exam on the basis of their city, day and slots. Online Test Booking System (OTBS) will be open for slot opening 15 days prior to the test date. In case there are a lower number of candidates in a particular city, candidates are requested to take the same at the closest centre to them.
- Remote Proctored Online Test: If the test is conducted remote proctored, candidates can book for the day and slot in the OTBS all subject to availability of seats. OTBS will open 15 days prior to the test.
- The OTBS password will be generated 15 days prior to MET 2021. You need to login to the OTBS with user id, application number and OTBS password. Books are done subject to seat availability. Booked slots cannot be changed.
MRNAT: The Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test known as MRNAT is conducted for admission to the undergraduate course at all Manav Rachna Group of Institutions.
- This is an online computer-based test.
- This exam is conducted once a year.
- It is a 90-minute exam covering XII syllabus. In order to prepare for this test students can look at the previous years question paper and practice them.
- The Institute also accepts banking tests conducted by IFBI.
- To apply for this test students need to register and provide their educational details, personal details, and submit relevant documents along with scanned copies of these documents.
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|MET||11th December, 2020||Last week of April, 2021|
|MRNAT||9th November, 2020||12th April, 2021|
How to get admission to a Good BBA in Risk Management College?
- Candidates aspiring for a career and admission in BBA in Risk Management should secure at least 50% in their 10+2 exam (commerce).
- Preparation for the entrance exam is important to get admission to a good Institute.
- Practice old question papers that are available online to gain more understanding of the pattern and syllabus of the entrance test.
BBA Risk Management: What is it About?
Risk management is a branch of BFSI that is a study to assess and mitigate any risk that might impact an organization whether it is financial, technical, nature and health-based. These threats could arise from different sources. It could be financial uncertainty, legal liabilities, strategic management errors, accidents and natural errors. Especially for digitized companies, risk management includes analyzing threats related to digital assets, intellectual property and corporate data. Unexpected and harmful risks cause severe financial burden for a company, hence the role of risk management is important to help mitigate and avert these risks before they happen. Putting in place a risk management plan helps the corporate save money and protect their future.
Why Study BBA Risk Management?
Companies need to have a good risk management plan if they are to secure the future of their company and reduce their financial burden due to unexpected risks. Hence risk management specialists are in great demand in the BFSI sector. Risk management graduates can even opt for higher studies.
BBA Risk Management: Top Colleges
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||INR 4,59,000|
|Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science, Kolkata||INR 2,70,000|
|HSA Degree College, Farrukhabad||INR 3.41 L|
|Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad||INR 4.55 L - 7.38 L|
|MAKAUT - Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||INR 48,200|
BBA Risk Management: College Comparison
|Parameter||CEG Chennai||Jadavpur University||JMI New Delhi|
|Objective||Manipal Academy of Higher Education is a premier institution based in Mangalore, Karnataka that offers a range of UG and PG courses. The institute ranks 14th and is among the top institutions in India.||Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies is an institute based in Faridabad, UP offering UG and PG courses in Management studies.||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science offers is among the top 5 B-schools in West Bengal. B.Tech in Pharmaceutical Engineering. Though the institute is ranked 165, it is One of few colleges in India offering this subject.|
|Location||Mangalore, Karnataka||Faridabad, UP||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|NIRF Ranking 2020||14 NAAC 'A' Grade||-||6th Rank in B-school survey 2019, Kolkata, Business Today|
|Average Annual Fee||Rs. 4,59,000||-||INR 2.7 L|
|Average Annual Placement Package||INR 4.4 LPA||INR 2.76 LPA||INR 3.8 LPA|
|Top Companies Visited||TCS, Northern Trust, ICICI, Axis||KPMG, ICICI Direct, BSE||Syndicate Bank, TCS, HDFC Bank, Federal Bank, Indiabulls|
Distance Education in BBA Risk Management
A BBA in Risk Management can be completed either through the online or offline mode. There are some institutes offering this course through distance education mode like KL University of Distance Education. The average course fees ranges from INR 12351- INR 20631 per year.
How to Apply?
- To apply for the offline mode, students are to visit the University Official Website where one can download the application form.
- After filling the entire application form candidates have to attach a passport size photograph.
- All signed copies of the documents required need to be attached with this form.
- Thereafter, candidates should take a demand draft, along with application form and the required documents and then submit the same either by post or by physically submitting the document.
All candidates who have cleared their 12th std securing 45% are eligible for this course.
BBA Risk Management V/s BMS: Which is Better?
|Parameter||BBA (Business Administration)||BMS (Bachelor in Management Studies)|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Purpose||BBA focuses on core studies and students who prefer to specialize in a niche subject can do so. BBA graduates are involved in the overall administration and management of business.||BMS provides a more general view of all management related subjects. BMS focuses on the logical and analytical skills for business management.|
|Specializations||Finance, Banking And Insurance, And Foreign Trade.||Entrepreneurship, Finance, And Marketing.|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognised board or school with more than 50% marks.||10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognised board or school with at least 45-50% marks.|
|Admission Process||Merit based or Entrance test||Merit based or Entrance test|
|Annual Course Fee||
INR 50,000 - 2,00,000 lakhs
|INR 1.5 lakhs|
BBA Risk Management: Course Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Structural & Spoken English||Business Mathematics-II|
|Principles of Management||Organizational Behaviour|
|Business Mathematics-I||Business Environment|
|Fundamental of Economics||Principles of Accounting-II|
|Principles of Accounting –I||Managerial Statistics|
|Introduction to Business||Legal Environment of Business|
|Moral Value Education||Personality Development|
|Computer Lab Practical||Computer Lab Practical|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Research Method||Direct Tax|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Business Communication|
|Risk Management & Insurance||Cost Accounting|
|Money & Banking||Small Business Management|
|Business Economics||Marketing Management-I|
|Environmental Studies-I||Environmental Studies-II|
|Functional Management||Indian Economy|
|Office Management||Disaster Management|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Management Accounting||Financial Management-II|
|Salesmanship||Logistics & Supply chain Management|
|Financial Institutions||Strategic Management|
|Financial Management-I||Industrial Relations|
|Operations Research||Indirect Tax|
|Marketing Management-II||Project Management|
|Operations Management||Advertising Management|
|Human Resource Management||Business Analytics|
BBA Risk Management: Job Profiles
A BBA in Risk Management touches every aspect of our lives. Understanding risk management helps businesses and our economy to operate smoothly in spite of knowing that risks exist everywhere. A risk management graduate can have diverse career interests reflecting the wider role risk management plays in corporates. BBA graduates can also look at opting master-level programs. These are the following fields in which a risk management graduate can apply.
- Data Analyst
- Quantitative Researcher
- Credit Risk Senior Examiner
- Deputy Head of AML Compliance
- Policy Advisor-Regulatory Affairs
- Financial Analyst
|Designation||Minimum Salary||Maximum Salary|
|Data Analyst||INR 2 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
|Risk Analyst and risk managers||INR 5 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
|Underwriters||INR 3 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Claims professional||INR 2 LPA||INR 4 LPA|
BBA Risk Management: Skills Required
- Decision making
- Desire to help people
Job Profiles with description
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Data Analyst||Data Analyst examines and analyses data that can benefit the business as a whole. and reporting capacities.||INR 5 LPA|
|Risk Analyst and Manager||Risk analysts and risk managers identify and analyze potential risks and threats that exist inside and outside of their organization. This may include approaches to control, prevent, and reduce the losses that a business can have.||INR 12 LPA|
|Underwriters||Underwriters evaluate insurance applications by analysing the risks that their insurance company is being asked to assume, determining an approximate coverage and price, to create a balance between the insurance needs of the marketplace and maintaining a profitable insurance operation..||INR 10 LPA|
|Auditors||Auditors are involved in reviewing the accuracy of financial records and ensure compliance with the tax laws. They protect businesses from potential fraud, highlight discrepancies in accounting, and help in increasing the operational efficiency of companies.||INR 5 LPA|
|Claims professionals||Claims professional look at the circumstances of incidents, determine insurance coverage, and settle claims to help people and businesses rebuild and get back to normal after a negative event. Although, it is a challenging career, it will also be the most rewarding.||INR 4 LPA|
BBA Risk Management: Future Scope
- The stakes are higher and businesses are increasingly at risk with globalization and complex regulatory requirements, the risk management job market is only growing. Where earlier businesses had only one or two risk managers, today, there is an entire team to manage the show.
- Risk professionals balance the complex task of ethical consideration, compliance and finance to minimize risks and maximize profits. Hence, in this digital age risk managers can guide the slightest misstep through their well thought out decisions.
- Candidates who have completed their BBA in risk management can work as Analysts, Consultants, Risk Managers, Treasurers, Auditors, Investors, Regulators, etc in the corporate sector.
- Those who wish to pursue their higher studies can complete their MBA or opt for a certificate program in Applied Financial Risk Management for those who want to grow in senior roles in the field of Risk and Compliance, Risk Consulting, Financial Risk Management etc.
BBA Risk Management: FAQs
Ques. What other BBA specializations are available apart from Risk Management?
Ans. BBA offers many other specializations that can be taken up according to the candidate’s career aspiration. The subjects offered are finance, foreign trade, information technology and banking and insurance in their BBA. Like BBA in risk management, the duration of the course is 3 years and there are six semesters.
Ques. What is the basic difference between BBA and integrated MBA?
Ans. BBA is a 3 year course and an integrated MBA is a 5 year course. BBA prepares students for a basic study of management and business world whereas integrated MBA teaches students logistics, field-specific education, and case studies. After completing BBA, students can get entry-level position in reputed organization whereas since integrated MBA is an advanced program students are able to get middle or upper management role.
Ques. What is the difference between BBA, BMS and BBM?
Ans. BBA, BMS, and BBM are very similar courses but each course has its own salient features. All these courses are good for students who wish to make a career in management. BBA focuses on the overall administration and management of business, BBM on taking key managerial and personnel management and BMS develops logical and analytical skills concerned with business management.
Ques. What are the best risk management certification course?
Ans. The best risk management certification course is given by Global Risk Management Institute which offers a 1-year Post graduate programme on campus to working or non-working graduates who have an interest in learning risk management. It covers all aspects of risk management namely Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Financial Risk Management (FRM), Regulatory Compliance and Supply chain management. IIM-Kozhikode also offers a certificate program in Applied Financial Risk Management for working professionals who wish to grow into senior roles in risk management.
Ques. Is BBA a better course than opting for B.Com?
Ans. This depends on what are your career goals. The B.Com course is for students who wish to make a career in finance, accountancy and taxation. BBA equips students with an overall understanding of business management and entrepreneurship.
Ques. Why Insurance and risk are related?
Ans. Insurance is an important component of risk management but not the only one. To offload a negative impact or damage, insurance is needed in order to put a financial value on risk. It helps the business to survive any ensuing financial onslaught that can result from risks. Hence risk goes hand in hand with insurance.
Ques. What are qualities required to be a good risk analyst or facilitator?
Ans. To be a good risk analyst, one needs to have a good understanding of the overall business and direction of your organization, and the business value chain. One also need to be familiar with the risk management practices and processes adopted in your organization. Lastly, one should have adequate subject matter knowledge on risk management.
Ques. Who should opt for a career in risk management?
Ans. Students who aspire for a career in risk management should have good communication skills, ability to handle customers, basic understanding of the industry, basic specialization in credit appraisal skills, and understanding of foreign exchange.
Ques. What quantitative skills are necessary for risk management?
Ans. Risk management has changed from mathematical purity and rigor and one needs to have a good understanding of trade to understand the risks. You might need to have an understanding of a programming language for data processing and a solid understanding of excel sheets.