What is BCom Accountancy?
BCom Accountancy or Bachelor of Commerce in Accountancy is a 3-Year under-graduation course. The Course is generally having 6 semesters but it can vary upon Institutions Rules and Regulations.
Read more about BCom .
The BCom Accounts Course enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of accountancy and management. The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunity in the field of commerce that is banking, accounts, taxes, and management.
The basic eligibility for BCom Accountancy is (10+2) or a diploma degree. The admission process for the BCom Accountancy usually is based upon the entrance examination or merit. The fee structure for the course ranges between INR 3,000 to INR 1, 00,000.
The top Five College according to the NIRF Ranking 2020 that provides BCom Accountancy courses are mentioned below along with the City, fee structure, and admission process:
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Location||Admission Process||Annual Average Fees||Average Package Offer|
|1||Miranda House||New- Delhi||Merit Based||INR 14,160||INR 1,50,000|
|2||Lady Shri Ram College for Women||New- Delhi||Merit Based||INR 10,000||INR 7,50,000|
|3||Hindu College||New-Delhi||Merit Based||INR 17,560||INR 4,50,000|
|4||St. Stephen’s College||New-Delhi||Merit Based||INR 40,420||INR 6,50,000|
|5||Presidency College||Chennai||Merit Based||INR 1,267||INR 3,50,000|
An undergraduate degree enables a candidate to gain knowledge of a certain subject. BCom Accountancy program teaches candidates about how to impose that gained knowledge to the field of commerce sector. Those Candidates who are obtaining advanced degrees in this program also accompanies the experience as well as greater knowledge.
The Candidates who will be pursuing this degree will have the opportunity to work in various sectors and roles as an Accountant Manager, Finance Manager, Operations Manager, Account Executive, Financial Analyst, Executive Assistant, Chartered Accountant, etc. The salary package of graduates in the course ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000.
See Also: Top BCom Accountancy Colleges in India
What is the Admission Process for BCom Accountancy?
The admissions to BCom Accountancy program are based on both entrance examination and merit-based depending upon the University or college.
- Candidates can either fill the admission form from the college website or offline that is by visiting the college campus.
- Candidates have to fill in the required details along with the existing documents.
- Candidates are highly advised to have a look up on the list of Entrance Exams which are applicable for BCom Accountancy as mentioned on websites of different Universities.
- Candidates should be sure that they qualify in the entrance exam and merit as required eligibility criteria with the minimum marks as per the particular evaluation process.
What is Eligibility Criteria for BCom Accountancy?
The eligibility criteria for the BCom Accountancy program are mentioned below:
- The candidate must have completed (10+2) with commerce or arts from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum of 45% to 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
- The eligibility percentage varies as per different universities and colleges.
- Candidates are highly advised to visit the respective college website for further details.
What are the top BCom Accountancy Entrance Exams?
There are a few universities and colleges in India which have an entrance exam for admission for this course. The detailed information about various entrance examinations is given below:
- Banaras Hindu University undergraduate entrance test (BHU-UET): BHU-CET is an offline examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. BHU-CET is held once a year.
- DUET: Delhi University Entrance Test is an online entrance examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours. This examination is for all candidates who want to take admission in Delhi university affiliated colleges.
- Christ University EntranceTest (CU-ET): CU-ET is an online entrance test for the Undergraduate level. Generally, the duration of this test is 2 hours and the format is Multiple Choice Questions are asked.
- IPU CET 2021: Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is an online entrance examination for both undergraduates and postgraduates. The charge for this entrance examination is INR 1200.
- NPAT 2021: it is an online entrance examination which accounts for a duration of 2 hours. The examination is computer-based which means multiple-choice questions are asked.
- UPES DAT 2021: The mode of examination is Online. The duration is 1 hour. Basically, Multiple choice questions are being asked in the examination.
- AMU Entrance Exam: The mode of entrance examination is online. The duration of this entrance examination is for 2 hours.
- Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam: The Mode of entrance examination is offline. The duration of this examination is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Some important dates of these entrance examinations can be given in the table shown below:
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|Banaras Hindu University undergraduate entrance test (BHU-UET)||BHU||Sept 9 - 14, 2020||Offline|
|DUET||Delhi University||Sept 6 - 11, 2020||Online|
|Christ University EntranceTest (CU-ET)||Christ University||May 17, 2020.||Online|
|IPU CET 2020||IP University||NOT DECLARED||Offline|
|NPAT 2020||NMIMS||May 26 – 28, 2020||Online|
|UPES DAT 2020||UPES||July 04 - 05, 2020||Online/Offline|
|AMU Entrance Exam||Aligarh Muslim University||Nov 8, 2020||Online|
|Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam||Jamia Millia Islamia||NOT DECLARED||Offline|
How to Prepare for BCom Accountancy Entrance Exams?
A candidate needs to have good skills and knowledge sets to qualify for the entrance examination for BCom Accountancy. A few tips to help you develop for excellent performance in the exam are given below:
- Learning about the syllabus for the entrance exam: The very first step is to download a copy of the syllabus from the respective college/ entrance exam website available. It is great to have to point out facts of the syllabus that can help one to know the depth of the subject which is included in the course.
- Reading and revising previous topics: Do read and make sure to revise topics that can be extremely essential for the point of the examination as it can help to have a perfect usage of the time and score good marks. Revising old books or topics also helps to gain conceptual learning that makes it a lot easier for the candidate at the exam time.
- The Golden rule of “Practice makes perfect”: A Candidate should practice and revise all the concepts before the exam as many times possible so that the last moment stress can be buried away.
See Also: BCom Entrance Examinations
How to get admission to a good BCom Accountancy college?
To secure admission to a good quality BCom Accountancy College, several factors come into action. Some of the following guidelines will be helpful in that watch.
- Always get a note of the top colleges in the area that you wish to study.
- Select particular colleges according to criteria like fees, ease of access, location, etc. of your choice.
- Check the college websites and understand the eligibility and admission process.
- Make sure to pursue the instructions given by the colleges very causational.
- Always stay updated on the colleges that you want to apply to and In case of doubt make sure to get connected by a call or mail to the management.
- As practice makes perfect therefore do make sure to solve previous years question papers as many you can solve.
BCom Accountancy: What is it about?
BCom Accountancy has been planned to furnish qualified candidates with the mandatory skills needed to operate in the field of Statistical and Management of co-operative institutions and associated enterprises.
- The Course enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of accountancy and management.
- The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunity in the field of commerce that is banking, accounts, taxes, and management.
- For BCom Accountancy, the candidate must complete the degree in Minimum 3-Years and Maximum 5-Years of duration.
- The Time period for competency can vary as per the different universities or colleges policies and syllabus provided.
- There are enormous job opportunities accessible after the successful completion of the course.
- The admission process for the BCom Accountancy usually is based upon the entrance examination or merit.
- The salary package of graduates in the course ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per annum. The fee structure for the course ranges between INR 3,000 to INR 1,00,000 per annum.
BCom Accountancy Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Commerce in Accountancy|
|Duration||Course Duration of Bachelor of Commerce in Accountancy is of 3 Years.|
|Age||There is no specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||A minimum of 45% to 50% is required in (10+2) to be eligible for admission in the course|
|Subjects Required||(10+2) Commerce stream|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 5,000 to INR 1,00,000 per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Every year Companies from the sectors of various Business Consultancies /agencies, Educational Institutes (both private/government), Industrial Houses, Public Accounting Firms, Policy Planning, Foreign Trade, Banks, Budget Planning, Inventory Control, Merchant Banking, and Marketing, etc come for the recruitment of candidates.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 20,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per annum|
|Employment Roles||Accountant, Finance Manager, Operations Manager, Account Executive, Financial Analyst, Executive Assistant, Chartered Accountant, etc.|
Why Study BCom Accountancy?
The requirement for BCom Accountancy graduates will always be existing. In the upcoming time, the employment ratio would almost be increasing. Some interesting facts about why people choose to pursue BCom Accountancy:
- The course explores subjects such as economic, social science, cultural needs and aspects.
- It is made sure that they are functioning democratically and also found in rural areas.
- This helps to save and protect the member’s interest in this field. A candidate pursuing a career has many options available.
- A candidate can decide to study further in the field as the aspect ratio is high and this field is evergreen.
- The candidates who complete their bachelor's degree can opt to work either in the public sector or the private.
Course Comparison: BCom Accountancy vs BCom Finance and Accounting
BCom Accountancy and BCom Finance and Accounting are similar yet are very different. Following are the points of difference and similarities:
|PARAMETER||BCom Accountancy||BCom Finance and Accounting|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|based||Focus more on the Accountancy sector of big organizations and banks||Focus much more on the concept of accounting that is a major in practice and develops application-oriented, problem solved, and analytical skills.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based + Entrance examination||Merit-based + Entrance examination|
BCom Accountancy Top Colleges
The top colleges that provide BCom Accountancy are mentioned in the table below along with the location and fees:
|NIRF RANKING 2020||NAME OF COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY||LOCATION||AVERAGE FEES|
|1||Miranda House||New- Delhi||INR 14,160|
|2||Lady Shri Ram College for Women||New- Delhi||INR 10,000|
|3||Hindu College||New-Delhi||INR 17,560|
|4||St. Stephen’s College||New-Delhi||INR 40,420|
|5||Presidency College||Chennai||INR 1,267|
|23||Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 95,200|
|25||Symbiosis college of arts, science, and commerce||Pune||INR 11,000|
|57||Nalanda College of Arts and Science||Kasargod||INR 30,055|
|46||Don Bosco Arts and Science College||Kannur||INR 15,823|
|45||Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 96,000|
BCom Accountancy College Comparison
Some of the top colleges offering BCom Accountancy are compared on various parameters:
|PARAMETERS||Don Bosco Arts and Science College||Chandigarh University||Lovely Professional University|
|Overview||DBASC was established in 1992.||Chandigarh University known as CU is a Private University accredited with A+ Grade as per NAAC.||Lovely Professional University formerly known as LPU is a Private University.|
|NIRF RANKING 2020||46||45||23|
|Average Fees||INR 15,823||INR 96,000||INR 95,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 3,00,000||INR 4,00,0000||INR 3,50,000|
|Recruiting Companies||Various Companies like The company's wipes, TCS, Malayalam Manorama, etc||Bank of America, Axis bank, Vistara, ITC group of hotels, IBM, ICICI, Dell, Spice jet, etc||Capgemini, Decathlon, Tata Motors, etc|
BCom Accountancy Syllabus
BCom Accountancy Job Profiles
Private and Public sectors provide good opportunities to BCom Graduates. Some of the popular professional jobs open to booming graduates of this course are listed below with the equivalent salaries offered for the respective positions:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Business Analyst||The role of a Business Analyst is to build up practical solutions for business-oriented issues for sorting progressive sales of the company’s efforts, starting with modifying, analyzing, and documenting necessities.||8,65,699|
|Finance Officer||Finance Officer’s role is to develop techniques for financial organizations by giving suitable recommendations to enhance deliberate thinking and direction, financial and accounting information, and analysis. They are also responsible for establishing functional targets in line with organizational targets.||3,40,950|
|Sales Analyst||The role of a Sales Analysts is to prepare, collect, and analyze sales forecasts information to estimate the given sales goals. They are responsible for the research and estimation of the ongoing economic conditions that can affect the organization's capacity to sell its products or services in the marketplace.||5,00,000|
|Tax Accountant||The role of a Tax Accountants is to organize and plan central, State, and local tax returns for a particular business, organizations, and individuals. These professionals are often skilled in business concepts and government policy.||5,60,000|
|Business Development Trainee||The role of a Business Development Trainees is actually to help their companies obtain new customers and sell additional products or services to accessible ones. This position is vital for any business as it helps in expanding the customers.||5,69,674|
BCom Accountancy Future Prospects
After graduating from BCom Accountancy the candidate can choose to study further or opt for job opportunities:
- The candidate can choose to opt for a professional degree such as Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship, Cost and Works Accountancy, so on.
- MBA Finance and MCom are preferred courses after completing BCom.
- If the candidate wants to excel in academia then further choose to pursue PhD in the area of their liking.
- The graduate can take jobs in various sectors like Company Law Assistant, Relationship manager, Assistant Manager/Consultant, Articled Trainee, Sales Officer Accounts, Accounts Assistant, Tax Assistant, Accountant, etc.
- The prospect of this course is high and estimated to increase. The banks and the organizations will always require commerce people for various work procedures.
BCom Accountancy FAQs
Ques. What is the eligibility for admission?
Ques. What documents are required for the program?
Ques. What is the minimum and maximum salary obtained from BCom Accountancy?
Ques. What Job Opportunities are available after the successful completion of this course?
Ques. Am I eligible for a government job after doing a BCom Accountancy from distance learning?
Ques. What is the benefit of choosing the BCom Accountancy program?
Ques. Which entrance exams are required?
Ques. Is distance learning available for this program?
Ques. Is there any scholarship available for the course BCom Accountancy?