What is B.Com E-Commerce?
B Com e-commerce is a 3 year undergraduate course which deals with the accounting principles related to e-commerce. E commerce is a new trading method with the essence of internet and technology. B com in e-commerce is designed with an aim to provide theoretical and practical knowledge to the students about future commerce and trade practices. Candidates are eligible for pursuing this course if they hold a 10+2 degree with Accounts, Business Studies and Economics from a recognized board.
Read more about BCom.
Read more about colleges offering B com e commerce
There are many colleges in India and abroad which offer the undergraduate degree of B com in e-commerce. Some of the top Indian colleges among them are:-
|College Name||City/ Location||Admission procedure||Average Fees per annum||Average Placement Offer|
|Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College||Sivaganga||Merit Based||INR 5,000||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Bishop Heber College||Tiruchirapalli||Entrance Examination||INR 13,500||INR 2-3 lpa|
|DAV College||Chandigarh||Merit Based||INR 22,000||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University||Aurangabad||Merit Based||INR 8,400||INR 3-4 lpa|
|Dr. G R Damodaran College of Science||Coimbatore||Merit Based||INR 16,500||INR 2-3 lpa|
See Also: B.Com e-commerce Top Colleges
Students can enter into this undergraduate program either with regular or distance mode of education. The job prospects in the course are prosperous, both in the private sector and the government sector. However, the starting salary is nominal.
The average initial package after completing this course is around INR 3-6 LPA. Major subjects taught in the course are about commercial accounting, management, taxation and programming. A student pursuing this course is likely to bag a job as an accountant, bookkeeper, finance manager, marketing manager etc. Various foreign trade companies, banks, business consultancies, inventory control, Treasury and Forex department etc.
There are many Institutes offering this course. The average fees per annum to pursue this course are around INR 5k – 30k.
Students have the option of doing an M.Com or MBA Course. MBA Jobs have higher salaries as compared to others. Some of the future career options include Master of Business Economics, M.Com Business Administration, M.Com Accountancy etc
Check Out : MCom Jobs
B.Com E-Commerce Course Highlights
|Course Level||Under Graduate Course|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Commerce in e-commerce|
|Examination Type||Semester Examinations|
|Eligibility||Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations with at least 50% marks.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/Entrance examinations|
|Course Fee||INR 5K-30K|
|Average Salary||INR 3-6 lpa|
|Top Recruiting Area/Organization||Banks, Business Consultancies, Foreign Trade, Industrial Houses, Inventory Control, Educational Institutes, Investment Banking, Public Accounting Firms, Marketing, Merchant Banking, Policy Planning, Public Accounting Firms, Working Capital Management, Treasury and Forex Department, among others.|
|Job Positions||Accountant, Bookkeeper, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, Assistant Manager, etc.|
B.Com E-Commerce Eligibility
A candidate who is willing to take admission in B com e commerce should pass the following eligibility criteria:-
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations with minimum aggregate marks of 50% and more from a recognized board.
- The candidates who have passed 10+2 examinations from commerce background are preferred.
B.Com E-Commerce Admission Process
The admission process for B.com in e-commerce varies as per the institute or college. Some of the colleges accept admission on the merit basis and some of the colleges conduct their own entrance exam to test the candidates for admission.
The detailed admission process followed by the universities is as follows:-
Merit Based Admissions
Some of the universities grant admission to students based on their performance at 10+2 examinations. The marks scored at 10+2 examination are taken into consideration and the merit list is formed for admissions. Counselling procedure is followed thereafter.
Admissions based on Entrance Examination
The candidates are required to follow the below mentioned steps to register for admissions in B com e commerce based on the entrance examinations:-
- Candidates should visit the college website or portal to fill the registration form.
- The registration form has columns for details, both personal and academic which need to be filled properly.
- Documents that are required to be attached should be uploaded with the registration form.
- Download the registration form after fee payment.
- Download the Admit Card and appear for the entrance examination conducted by the university itself.
- The merit list is uploaded by the respective university based on the individual score of the entrance examination.
- Interview and group discussion is followed in the counselling procedure after passing the entrance examination.
- Candidates are selected collectively on the basis of overall performance in 10+2 examination, entrance examination, interview and group discussion.
B.Com E-Commerce Entrance Exams
Most of the colleges admit students based on the merit score of their 10+2 level. However, some of the colleges prefer taking admissions based on the entrance examinations. There are no central level examinations available for this course. However, colleges conduct their own entrance examination for the evaluation of the students.
How to prepare for B com e commerce entrance examinations?
Following points one should keep in mind while preparing for entrance test:-
- Go through your entrance exam syllabus thoroughly and follow the time table to complete the full syllabus on time.
- You should have some background or knowledge in the respective subject and strong command of the language.
- Practice previous year question papers to keep a check on exam patterns.
- For the general aptitude test, practice more questions related to logical reasoning and aptitude.
How to get admission in a good college offering B com e commerce?
For getting admission in a good college for B com e commerce, following points needs to be considered:-
- Do proper research about various colleges in the area and filter out the best as per the preference.
- Connect with alumni on social media to get a better knowledge about the fee structure and placement pattern.
- Visit the college site and follow the admission procedure regularly.
- Be fluent in the respective subject by gaining appropriate subject matter knowledge.
- Make a strong command on the language.
- Prepare for the 10+2 examination or the entrance examinations well.
B.Com E-Commerce Syllabus
Semester Wise Syllabus which is followed by most of the university in the course of B com e commerce is:-
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|English-I||Language-II||Principles of Marketing|
|Principles of Accountancy||English-II||Object Oriented Programming with C++|
|Business Organization and Office Management||Advanced Accounting||Cost Accounting|
|Introduction of Information Technology||Database Management System||Statistic for Business|
|Computer Applications: MS Office||Computer Applications: Oracle||Computer Applications: C++|
|Language-I||Mathematics for Business||Commercial Law|
|-||Education – Human Rights||-|
|Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Principles of Auditing||Software Engineering||E-Commerce-II (Strategy and Applications)|
|Internet and Web Designing||Management Accounting||Software Development with Visual Basic|
|Executive Business Communication||E-Commerce Technology||Computer Applications: Visual Basic|
|Computer Applications||Java Programming||Elective|
|Principles of Management||Computer Applications: Java Programming||Cyber Law|
|Company Law||Banking and Insurance Law||Project Work|
|Income Tax Law & Practice||Supply Chain Management|
|Brand Management||Financial Markets|
|Fundamentals of Insurance||Business Finance|
|Indirect Taxes||Entrepreneurial Development|
Important Books which can be followed while studying B com e commerce are-
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Fundamentals of e-commerce||Taxmann|
|Concepts of e-commerce||Adesh K. Pandey|
|E-commerce: fundamentals and applications||Henry chan and Raymond Lee|
*Various books and research guides are available for the course of B com e commerce based on a particular subject.
B.Com E-Commerce Top Colleges
Listed below are some of the top institutes offering the course in India:-
|College Name||City||Average Fees per annum||Average Package Offered|
|Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College||Sivaganga||INR 5,000||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Bishop Heber College||Tiruchirapalli||INR 13,500||INR 2-3 lpa|
|DAV College||Chandigarh||INR 22,000||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University||Aurangabad||INR 8,400||INR 3-4 lpa|
|Dr. G R Damodaran College of Science||Coimbatore||INR 16,500||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Government Arts College||Coimbatore||INR 1,250||INR 2-3 lpa|
|GTN Arts College||Dindigul||INR 22,500||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Gurukul Institute of Management and Technology||New Delhi||INR 20,000||INR 2-3 lpa|
|Nizam College||Hyderabad||INR 5,330||INR 3-4 lpa|
|PSG College of Arts and Science||Coimbatore||INR 18,800||INR 2-3 lpa|
|PSGR Krishnammal College for Women||Coimbatore||INR 1,500||INR 2-3 lpa|
There are various colleges offering B com e commerce. Below is a detailed comparison of top 3 colleges for B com e commerce
|College Name||DAV College||Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College||Bishop Heber College|
|Overview||DAV college is a private university which offers multiple courses and is situated in Chandigarh||Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College is a private co-ed university established in 1963. The university for years is famous for its entire undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral course.||Bishop Heber college offers various UG , PG and doctoral courses and is known for its excellent services and education.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 20k||INR 4K||INR 13.5K|
|Eligibility||Higher Secondary Examination (10+2)||Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) with 55% minimum marks||Higher Secondary Examination (10+2)|
|Admission||Merit Based/ Entrance Test||Merit Based + Personal Interview||Merit Based|
|Average Annual Placement Package||INR 2-3 lpa||INR 2-3 lpa||INR 3-4 lpa|
Why study B.Com E-Commerce?
B.com e-commerce offers various perks for the students including a good package, interesting job profile, secured job etc. Below are some points which make it worth choosing:-
- Diversified Career Options: - B com e commerce opens various career options in different fields and organizations. The student with this course can work in the private sector like accounting firms, private banks etc. Government jobs like policy planning, public accounting, treasury and forex department can be bagged by the B.com e commerce students.
- Deals with Accounting and technological aspect:- The course curriculum is novel and deals with technological advancement in the accounting sector.
- Popular:- Since the course is designed in a way to cope up with the latest e-commerce study and most people are into using technology for commerce related work, hence it is popular.
- Interesting Subjects:- The study of accounting and commerce subjects with an essence of technological advancement makes the course interesting.
B.Com E-Commerce Course Comparisons
B. com in e-commerce and B. com in taxation are confused with each other a lot of times; however the course structure is very different for both the courses. Let’s find out the major differences between these two courses:-
B. com e- commerce Vs Bcom in taxation
With a different subject approach in both the courses, below is the table differentiating both on various aspects:-
|Parameters||B. com in e-commerce||B.com in taxation|
|Qualification||Bachelors of commerce in e- commerce||Bachelors of commerce in taxation|
|Course Overview||B com e commerce is a 3 year undergraduate course based on semester system which deals with the use of novel technological development in the transactions and any other commerce related service.||B. com in taxation deals with bookkeeping, monetary arranging and monetary hypothesis along with the tax evaluation.|
|Eligibility||10+2 examination from a recognized board||10+2 examination from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Entrance examination/ Merit Based||Entrance examination / Merit based|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 3K to 15K||INR 5K to 5 lakhs|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs||INR 2 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs|
|Colleges||DAV College, Nizam College, Bishop Heber College etc.||St. Alberts College, Ernakulam, Sacred Heart College, Bharat Mata College, Kochi|
|Recruitment sectors||Banks, Business Consultancies, Foreign Trade, Industrial Houses, Inventory Control, Educational Institutes, Investment Banking, Public Accounting Firms, Marketing, Merchant Banking, Policy Planning, Public Accounting Firms, Working Capital Management, Treasury and Forex Department||Google, Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Adobe, Reliance, Hdfc bank, Just dial, Apollo, Genpact, Motorola, Newgen, HP, Dell, Park Ascent, ITC Infotech, Claridges, HCL, L&T Infotech, Godrej|
|Top Job Profiles||Accountant, Bookkeeper, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, Assistant Manager, etc.||Tax evaluator, accountant, bookkeeping manager etc.|
B.Com E-Commerce Distance Education
Distance Education is gaining a lot of attention lately. The distance course or correspondence course is done by the students who are doing some other course or job with the B com e commerce course. However, regular course students are given more importance in jobs. There are various universities and institutes in India offering B com e commerce Distance Learning programme. The syllabus and curriculum for both distance learning and regular course is the same. The only difference between both of them is that students with regular courses attend lectures and practical classes, however in distance learning, students have to study at home and attend semester examinations.
The eligibility criteria for admission to a correspondence program or distance learning of course is same as the regular course
Top distance education universities for B com e commerce are mentioned below -
B.Com E-Commerce Scope
B com e commerce is a holistic and interdisciplinary course. The person with B com e commerce can choose from a lot of options for future prospects and career options. Some of them are:-
- Students with B com e commerce can work as Accountant, Bookkeeper, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, Assistant Manager, etc.
- Students can also go for various government jobs in banking, taxation, forex sector etc.
- Students who want to pursue further studies can opt for Masters and then PhD in the same field. Higher Studies in the same course will brush up the knowledge of a student and will develop a more research thinking. MBA courses are also available after completing B.com e-commerce
B.Com E-Commerce Jobs
B com e commerce is a course which opens doors for the students in various sectors. There are ample job opportunities and a number of fields where a student can work after completing this course. From the education sector to banking sector, there is a huge demand everywhere for this course. There are decent jobs after B com e commerce in finance sectors and e commerce platforms.
Such graduates are lucratively hired in different areas of employment like:
- Accounting and management firms
- Organizations dealing with electronic transactions
- Banks and financial organizations
- Networking and marketing firms
- Accountancy departments of State/ local/ central government.
Below is the list of major roles in which people after this course are hired:-
- Actuaries Personnel, Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst
- Cost Estimator, Stock Broker
- Bookkeeper, Budget Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Finance Manager, Marketing Manager
- Personal Financial Advisor
Below is a detailed description about the Job opportunities after B com e commerce and the salary trend:-
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Marketing Manager||Marketing Managers are responsible for developing strategic marketing plans that are implemented and executed for an entire organization, business, and brands. They work towards attracting potential customers and retaining existing ones.||6-12 lacs|
|Budget Manager||Budget Managers work with Program and Project Managers in creating an organization's budget. They review managers’ and other executives’ budget proposals for adherence to company law, accuracy, and compliance with rules and other regulations. Besides preparing budget reports, they monitor institutional spending.||3-6 lacs|
|Finance Manager||Finance Managers review financial reports, monitor accounts, and prepare activity reports and financial forecasts of the company. They also investigate ways to improve profitability and cut down costs. Their duties also include analyzing market trends for business opportunities such as expansion, mergers, or acquisitions.||9-12 lacs|
|Accountant||Accountants prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries. They compile and analyze income and revenue expenditures. Additionally, they document financial transactions and recommend financial actions.||6-10 lacs|
B com e commerce offers vast job opportunities with a firm package. The starting salary per annum after B com e commerce is between INR 3 lacs to 10 lacs. After an experience of a few years, the salary package doubles.
B.Com E-Commerce FAQ
Ques: What is B.com e- commerce?
Ques: What can be done with a B.com in e commerce?
Ques: Is B com e commerce hard?
Ques: How common is B.com e-commerce?
Ques: What are the growth prospects for a person in e-commerce sector?
Ques: Which colleges in Delhi offer B com e commerce?
Ques: What is the basic fee structure in B com e commerce?
Ques: What are the documents required for admissions in B com e commerce?
Ans: Following documents are required for admissions in B com e-commerce:-
- Migration Certificate
- Passing certificate/ Degree certificate
- Age proof
- No objection Certificate
Ques: Is there any central level examination for B.com e commerce?
Ques: Is it compulsory to have a commerce background for pursuing B.com e commerce?