BCom Finance is an undergraduate commerce course. The duration of the course is 3 years (Full time /Part time), divided into six semesters. The subjects included in the course are principles of financial planning, economic theory, micro & macroeconomics, money and banking system, trade & its characteristics etc.
Know More About Finance Courses
Read more about BCom.
The basic eligibility for this course is completing 10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized board or university. The aggregated marks will differ among the colleges.
The average BCom Finance course fee is around INR 10,000 but can go up to INR 6lakhs depending on the institutions.Apart from their 10+2 merits, several institutes conduct entrance exams for granting admission to their students.
Most of the top colleges of India offer this course to their students. Colleges such as St. Joseph, AIMS, JNU, and Symbiosis are the top choices among students.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Location||Average Fees||Admission Process||Average Salary Package|
|19||St. Joseph’s College||Calicut||INR 70,450||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||INR 4 LPA|
|61||Guru Nanak College||Chennai||INR 60,000||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||INR 4-5 LPA|
|67||AIMS Institute||Bangalore||INR 49,667||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||INR 4.92 LPA|
|73||Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce||Pune||INR 25,000||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||INR 8.5 LPA|
|81||Christ University||Bangalore||INR 96,666||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||INR 6.85 LPA|
This course can also be completed through distance learning mode from many reputed colleges and Universities. Reputed open universities like Alagappa University, University of Mumbai, Bharathiar University, etc., provide this course through distance learning mode. The average annual fees for studying BCom Finance through distance learning is INR 4000-INR 25,000.
The course opens up the world of financial trading to their students and can also help them to land a job in any of this sectors such as a Money Market Dealer, Financial Research manager, cash & Credit Manager, Risk Analyst, Security Analyst, Financial Planning Associate, Personal Finance Consultant, Actuaries, Auditors, Investment Manager, etc.
The average annual salary of a BCom Finance graduate can be anywhere around INR 1.5 LPA to INR 10 LPA which depends on the capability of the candidate.
This degree course gives a good base for higher degree programs like Master of Commerce in Finance, Master of Commerce in Auditing, Master of Commerce in taxation, etc. the popularity of finance is increasing day by day.
What is the Admission Process for BCom Finance?
BCom Finance admission process is done either on the basis of 10+2 merit or an entrance exam that is conducted by the university that you are applying for admission. In most of the cases, the entrance exam is followed by a personal interview round to evaluate the students logical thinking capability and knowledge on other aspects of the course.
- Basically the admission is based on merit and few colleges offer direct admission. You can apply either online or offline respectively.
- Then aspirants have to submit the application form on the date fixed by the Institute. And submit the documents required as well.
- Some colleges conduct entrance exams for the admission in BCom Finance course.
- Then the colleges shortlist the name of the candidates who have cleared the entrance exam of the particular Institute, then the selected candidates go for the Interview process with their required documents.
- After the final selection of the aspirants after interview they have to submit their original required documents to the Institute at the time of admission.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for BCom Finance?
- The basic eligibility of BCom Finance is, the candidate should have passed out from 10+2 with minimum 55% marks scored in the exam from any recognized board throughout the country.
- Candidates must have subjects like Accountancy/ Business Studies/ Economics/ Mathematics as their main subject at 10+2 level.
- Candidates with conditional passing (Compartment yet to be cleared) are not eligible for admission.
- Applicants pursuing IB curriculum must have 3HL & 3SL with 24 credits.
- Applicants pursuing GCE Excel must have a minimum of 3A level.
What are the Popular BCom Finance Entrance Exams?
We provide you with detailed information about each exam in India which includes general information about the exam, eligibility criteria, important dates, syllabus, preparation tips and much more.
- DUET - Delhi University Entrance Test is conducted by Delhi University at National level for the admission of the aspirants in courses like PG, UG, MPhil, PhD programs. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts DUET on behalf of Delhi University. It’s an online mode exam i.e., computer-based test. Candidates must have secured at least 60% aggregate in four subjects in Class 12 to appear in this entrance exam.
- NPAT – NMIMS Program after Twelth is the official entrance test for admissions to Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programs offered by constituent schools, at Mumbai, Shirpur and Bengaluru Campuses. Overall NPAT difficulty level is moderate. NPAT exam duration has been extended from 100 minutes to 120 minutes.
- IPU CET - Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test conducted by the Indraprastha University, offers admission to the various UnderGraduate and Postgraduate courses. Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is a National Level Exam. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have also passed these subjects individually. Candidates should also have passed English as a subject of study.
DSAT - Dayanand Sagar Admission Test is a national level examination conducted every year by Dayananda Sagar University. It’s both Online and Offline mode of exam. And you would get2 hours to solve all the 75 questions.
BHU UET - Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Exam conducted by the Banaras Hindu University for admissions to various undergraduate courses offered by the university and its affiliated colleges. It’s an online mode of exam. And you would get 2 and a half hours to solve all the questions.
|Exam Name||Exam Date||Application Date||Exam Mode|
|DUET||June 2-June 9, 2020||March 2 -March 22, 2020||Online|
|NPAT||May 9-May 10, 2020||April 30, 2020||Online|
|IPU CET||To be announced||March 3,–May 25, 2020||Online|
|DSAT||July 14-July 16, 2020 August 3- August 4, 2020||Three Days Prior to Every Exam||Offline/ Online|
|BHU UET||August 16-August 31, 2020||January 30–March 12, 2020||Online|
How to Prepare for the BCom Finance Entrance Exam?
- Unlimited practice is must, where you can solve maximum to maximum questions.
- First of all, try to focus more on practical subjects like Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation and try to learn and solve the questions by shortcut tricks.
- And then focus on General Knowledge in which you should read newspapers daily, watch current affairs special programs on news, make your strength your plus point.
- And after that Verbal Ability, initially, try to study expected questions, previous year test papers, model papers then step by step guide in re-learning basic grammar & composition concepts. And then solve books which contain 10,000 solved MCQs.
- Then preparation analysis which helps you compare your score with students all over India & can also find out areas where you need to work more.
- The examination will be conducted in computer based mode.
- There will be multiple choice questions (MCQ) asked in the exam.
- Lastly you need to score as per the cut-off list of the specific college.
How to Get Admission in A Good BCom Finance College?
- The admission in best colleges of Bachelors’ of Commerce in Finance course is a difficult task for many students. However, you can avoid difficulties in following the process of getting admission B- schools. There are two main grounds or pillars of the process of getting admission in top institutes.
- You should have the ability to study a topic in depth and so candidates’ needs to possess the required skill-set and dedication along with being extremely hard working while pursuing this course.
- On getting good information about these two, you will have great ease in getting admission in any B-school.
- Your percentage in 10+2 percentage should be minimum 55% in the exam from any recognized board throughout the country along with this your entrance exams rank should be in the cut-off list of the specific college in which you have given the entrance exam. So in that your rank should be very good only then the students will be able to take admissions in a good college.
- Prepare for on-campus interviews in the best way as you can if required by colleges.
What is BCom Finance About?
- Since finance courses offer such a wide range of subjects, they prepare students for a similarly wide range of finance careers.
- BCom in Finance degrees are often offered in conjunction with a related subject, such as accounting, business or economics.
- Indeed, finance is part of the interconnected FAME group of subjects (finance, accounting, management and economics), which are some of the most popular courses at both undergraduate and graduate level.
- BCom Finance degree usually covers a combination of technical and theoretical knowledge, including the basic finance skills you will need to enter finance careers.
- You will learn how wealth is measured and also how finance influences and shapes the way companies behave. Economics and statistics are also covered, since they are crucial to the understanding of finance.
- Other important finance topics which will probably be taught include accounting, mathematical methods, macro and microeconomics and information technology.
Highlights of the Course
Arranged beneath are a portion of the real highlights of the course.
|Full Form||Bachelor of Commerce [BCom] (Finance)|
|Eligibility||10+2 with at least 50% Marks in Aggregate|
|Admission Process||Merit Based or Entrance Followed by Interview|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 10,000 – 6 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 5 LPA-10 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Educational Institutes, Industrial Houses, Public Accounting Firms, Policy Planning, Foreign Trade, Banks, Budget Planning, Inventory Control, Merchant Banking, Marketing, etc.|
Why Opt for BCom Finance?
- Students considering studying finance can take many different routes. This course can prepare you to work in corporate and government financial management, banking and financial planning.
- Finance revolves around planning and analysis, studying finance and becoming more financially literate enables people to make better personal financial decisions.
- BCom Finance can also help you to improve your critical thinking and problem solving skills, which you can then use to make sound financial decisions.
- Studying BCom Finance can prepare you not only for careers in the financial services sector, but also for tasks in your everyday life.
BCom Finance vs BCom Accounting
Accounting and Finance are the most preferred subjects among the students looking forward to pursuing BCom.
Though both the courses deal with transaction and analyzing risks, the primary difference between the two are the depth of the subject they deal with. While finance focuses more on professional processes and principles, on the other hand, BCom Accounting deals with finance deals with day-to-day management of records and financial reports of the business world. Here is a tabulate where more about it is explained in detail.
|Basis||BCom in Finance||BCom in Accountancy|
|Overview||Analyzes data driven from accountancy to predict the future growth of a company and to also analyze expenditure.||Focuses on management of financial records and reports. It analyzes financial reports and utilizes the data for bringing in profit for the company.|
|Specialization||Specializations include investment banker, investment analyst, market analyst, corporate analyst.||Specializations include business strategy, business & employment law, advanced accounting theory, forensic accounting, financial planning, risk management, behavioral economics & international taxation practices and so on.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate||10+2 with English & Mathematics.|
|Admission Process||Merit based/ Entrance test followed by Interview.||On the basis of merit prepared on the basis of aspirant’s performance in higher secondary examination/ entrance test/ some colleges conduct interviews too.|
|Average Tuition Fees||INR 10,000 to 6 Lakhs||INR 5,000 to 5 Lakhs|
|Job Roles||Money market dealer, Security Analyst, Cash & Credit Manager, Risk Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Investment Manager, Insurance Manager, etc.||Accountant, Auditor, Consultant, Company Secretary, Sales Analyst, Stock Broker, Economist, Business Development Trainee, tax Accountant etc.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 5 LPA to 10 LPA||INR 1.2 LPA to 10 LPA|
Which Are the Top BCom Finance Colleges?
With the range of colleges available, choosing the right one can befog students. So, here is a tabulate that will help students to pick up the best BCom Finance colleges based on their ranking, average fees, and average placement package.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College||Location||Average Fees||Average Salary Package|
|15||Xavier University||Bhubaneswar||INR 4.5Lakhs||INR 5.5 LPA|
|19||St. Joseph’s College||Calicut||INR 70,450||INR 4 LPA|
|61||Guru Nanak College||Chennai||INR 60,000||INR 4-5 LPA|
|67||AIMS Institute||Bangalore||INR 49, 667||INR 4.92 LPA|
|73||Symbiosis International University||Pune||INR 25,000||INR 8.5 LPA|
|81||Christ University||Bangalore||INR 96,666||INR 6.85 LPA|
|151||Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu||INR 70,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Unranked||IGNOU||Delhi||INR 20,000||INR 2-4 LPA|
|Unranked||Rajiv Gandhi South Campus||Mirzapur||INR 30,000||INR 5 LPA|
Which Are the Best BCom Finance Distance Education Colleges?
Students' admissions can be done through the online/ offline process; it depends on the college whether the college’s admission process is online or offline.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees|
|21||Bharathiar University||Coimbatore||INR 4,080|
|44||Punjab University||Chandigarh||INR 9,685|
|64||Alagappa University||Karaikudi||INR 6,875|
|95||University of Mumbai||Mumbai||INR 5,523|
|Unranked||Karnataka State Open University||Mysore, Karnataka||INR 5,450|
Best BCom Finance College Comparison
The most preferred colleges based on their infrastructure, faculty, environment, and curriculum are the AIMS, Guru Nanak College, and St. Joseph’s College. All these three colleges offer lucrative placement opportunities along with multiple other facilities. Here is a tabulate where all of it is explained elaborately.
|College||AIMS Institute||St. Joseph’s College||Guru Nanak College|
|Overview||AIMS Institutes, formerly Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), is a private, self-financed institution in Bangalore affiliated to the Bangalore University. AIMS got a place in India Rankings 2019: Management (Rank-band: 76-100). It was ranked by NIRF||St. Joseph’s College also known as Devagiri College, offering graduation and post graduation courses in arts and science. Students and alumni are called ‘Devagirians’. St. Joseph's College, Devagiri is an autonomous college. It has autonomy in all academic matters and from the stage of admission to the conduct of examination to the publication of results.||Guru Nanak College is situated in Velachery, Chennai, India with a playground maintained by India Cements.|
|NIRF 2020 Ranking||67||19||61|
|Admission Process||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview||Merit/Entrance followed by Interview|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 49,667||INR 70,450||INR 60,000|
|Average Annual Package||INR 4.92 LPA||INR 4 LPA||INR 4-5 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Cognizant, Flipkart, Amazon, ICICI Bank, HCL, HP, Kotak, Bandhan Bank, Federal Bank, City Union, CCD etc||Federal Bank, Wipro, TCS etc||.HCL, TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, MRF, IGATE, DELL, Wipro, Axis Bank, Just Dial, TNQ, Scop International, Cognizant etc|
What is the BCom Finance Syllabus?
Here is a tabulate that includes all the subjects that will be covered in each semester of BCom Finance.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Financial accounting||Financial Accounting II|
|Principles of Management||Business Environment|
|Business Communication||Banking Services|
|Managerial Economics||Indian Economy|
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Advanced Company Accounts –I||Advanced Company Accounts –II|
|Principles of Finance||Entrepreneurial Development|
|Legal System in Business||Business Taxation|
|Marketing||Human Resource Management|
|Business Statistics - I||Business Statistics II|
|Corporate Finance||Organizational Behaviour|
|Insurance and Risk management||Bank Credit Management|
|Open Elective - I||Open Elective - II|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning –II||Communication Skills|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Practical Cost Accounting||Management Accounting and Practices|
|Income Tax Law and Practice -I||Management Accounting and Practices|
|Research Methodology||Internet Concepts|
|Computer Applications in Accounting||Project work and Viva voce|
|Financial Management||Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management|
|Customer Relationship Management||Working Capital Management|
|Introduction to mutual fund analysis||Financial Derivatives and Risk Management|
|Practical Auditing||Development of Small Business|
|Environmental Studies||Personality development|
What are the various BCom Finance Job Prospects and Career Options?
After completing the 3-years course, some of the top career opportunities after BCom are:
- Financial Risk Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Manager
- Money Market Dealer
- Equity Research Analyst
- Personal Finance Consultant
- Money Manager
Listed here are some of the prosperous job positions offered to successful graduates of the discipline with the corresponding job descriptions and salaries offered.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Financial Risk Manager||A financial risk manager identifies and analyzes threats to the assets, earning capacity, or success of a business. Financial risk managers work in sales, loan origination, trading, marketing, financial services, or private banking. Many specialize in areas like credit or market risk.||INR 10.6 LPA|
|Personal Finance Consultant||Advising clients on taxes, retirement planning, investments, and insurance decisions, depending on their financial goals. Assessing how certain life changes and financial status changes affect clients' financial plans and adjusting such plans accordingly.||INR 9.1 LPA|
|Money Manager||A money manager is a person or financial firm that manages the securities portfolio of an individual or institutional investor. Typically, a money manager employs people with various expertise ranging from research and selection of investment options to monitoring the assets and deciding when to sell them.||INR 7.7 LPA|
|Security Analyst||Monitor computer networks for security issues. Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents. Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Financial Management||Typical duties include reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts. Financial managers also investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions||INR 1.7 LPA|
What are the Further Study Options After BCom Finance?
There is no end to education. After completing B.Com Finance, students can further pursue higher courses for better job opportunities and salary packages. Here are some of the best courses to pursue after completing BCom Finance.
|MCom Finance||Students who want to engage in professorship or research, M.Co Finance, is the best choice for them. After M.Com, they need to apply for Junior Research Fellowship and UGC NET to build their careers as professors or researchers.|
|MBA Finance||MBA Finance provides students a kickstart to their corporate career. Students can opt for it after completing their UG courses. MBA opens up a spectrum of opportunities for the students in the world of Marketing, Finance, IT, and a lot more.|
|Chartered Accountant (CA)||For decades, CA has been a common choice for students after completing their B.Com course. Some of the primary reasons behind this are endless career growth opportunities, lucrative pay scales, etc. The best part is, students can prepare and appear for C.A and B.Com contemporaneously as both the courses have similar syllabus and subjects.|
|Company Secretary (CS)||Both CA and CS have a lucrative pay scale. The only difference is, CS is focused more on the legal part of a business and will be working as an executive secretary to the Managing Director (MD) and the Chief Executive Officer(CEO).|
|Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)||Students who want to build their career as an investment professional, CFA, is the best choice for them after B.Com. CFA provides international employment opportunities, and it is one of the most respected certifications among employers from around the world.|
|Certified Management Accountant (CMA)||CMAs are an asset to companies. With a lucrative pay scale, they provide companies by writing audit reports, helping them prepare their tax returns and other executive-level duties.|
|Actuarial Science||Firms like banks, insurance firms, and other financial institutions require an actuary on board to help them maintain their insurance's economic stability and evaluate risks.|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)||Teaching is the noblest profession. Students who want to share their knowledge as a teacher can opt for B.Ed after completing their B.Com. It helps teachers develop their pedagogical knowledge and skills that would aid them in teaching elementary students|
BCom Finance FAQs
Ques. Can I pursue MBA finance directly after BCom Finance?
Ques. What are the job profiles available after doing BCom in Finance?
Ans. Personal Finance Consultant, Actuaries, Auditors, Money Market Dealer, Investment Manager etc.
Ques. What is the scope of BCom in Finance?
Ans. This degree course gives a good base for higher degree programs like Master of Commerce in Finance, Master of Commerce in Auditing, Master of Commerce in taxation, etc. the popularity of finance is increasing day by day.
Ques. What are the top colleges of BCom in Finance?
Ans. Quantum School of Graduate Studies, Sree Narayana Guru College of Commerce, Gargi College, Daulat Ram College etc.
Ques. How can I crack the entrance exam to take admission in BCom in Finance?
Ans. You should upgrade observation & visualization, you should improve speed, try to solve maximum sample papers.
Ques. What are the subjects we have to study in BCom in Finance?
Ans. Financial Accounting, Direct Tax Laws, Indirect Tax Laws, Financial management, Cost & Management Accounting etc.
Ques. What is the admission process for BCom Finance?
Ans. Merit based or Entrance followed by interview.