BDes Accessory Design is a full-time bachelors course of four-years duration which deals with the designing of accessories that can be paired with ethnic and modern attire including designing of jewellery, hair accessory, belts, scarves, footwear, bags etc.
The basic eligibility criteria for BDes Accessory Design is that the applicants must have passed 10+2 in any stream or equivalent from a recognized board. Admissions in BDes Accessory Design is done on the basis of both merit and entrance exams as some colleges accept admission through entrance tests whereas some colleges accept admission through merit-based. The average fees for BDes Accessory Design ranges INR 2 LPA - INR 5 LPA.
Read More: Top BDes Accessory Design Colleges in India
BDes Accessory Design course deals with the invention, creation and experimentation of ideas with material into designs that includes production, management and method. In this course, aspirants are taught various methods, consumer dealing, marketing business, and fashion trends.
BDes Accessory Design graduates will be able to make their career in the fashion fraternity. The employment areas include Accessory Manufacturing Units, Retailing departments, Design Studios and workshops, Freelancing, Jewellery Stores etc. The average salary after BDes Accessory Design is INR 4 LPA - INR 10 LPA.
BDes Accessory Design: Course Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor of Design in Accessory Design|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream|
|Admission process||Entrance or Merit based|
|Average Course fee||INR 3,00,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4 LPA to INR 10 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||PP Jewellers, Tanishq, Pantaloons, Biba, Jabong, Ajio, Titan, ITC Wills Lifestyle, Snapdeal, Caratlane, Jabong, Flipkart, Amazon, Purple, Aurelia, W, FBB|
|Job Profile||Visual Merchandiser, Designer, Fashion stylist, Jewellery Designer, Jewellery Stylist, Accessory Stylist, Footwear Designer, Handicraft Designer, Teacher, Accessory Designer|
What is the BDes Accessory Design Admission Process?
Some colleges offer admissions to BDes Accessory Design on the basis of entrance exams conducted at national/ state or institute level while some offer admissions on the basis of merit in last qualifying examinations.
- Candidates can avail the application facility offline/ online.
- Candidates can appear for the entrance exams such as NIFT, NPAT, UPES DAT etc on the provided examination date.
- The institute will release the merit list and cut off lists will be prepared based on which students will be called for the counselling sessions.
- After the counselling sessions, students need to submit their documents for the verification process.
- At last, students need to fill the college or institute admission form and college or institute admission fee for getting admission in Bachelor of Design [B.des] Accessory design.
Check: BDes Admissions 2021
BDes Accessory Design: Eligibility Criteria
For admissions to BDes Accessory Design, applicants must fulfil the given eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 in any stream or equivalent from a recognized board or institute.
- Candidates must also appear for and qualify entrance exams conducted by various colleges/ institutes.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2. Some institutes also provide relaxation to SC/ ST categories.
BDes Accessory Design: Entrance Exams
BDes Accessory Design: What is it About?
- BDes Accessory Design involves creating and experimenting the objects that can be used as accessories. The course imparts knowledge and practical ability in the planning and functioning of accessories.
- BDes Accessory Design covers domains such as the history of fashion, modern fashion, usage of ancient hand made accessory to modern machine-made accessory etc. The knowledge of pairing various accessories together to make the outfit and the look beautiful.
- Students of Accessory design will get an in-depth knowledge of design concepts and the ability to draw and sketch effectively, understand textiles and raw material and also about the latest trends across national and international markets.
- Students are also trained practically, will visit the field, get internship projects and also prepare their own portfolio.
- The average fee structure ranges from INR 3,00,000 - INR 5,00,000 and graduates get hired as Designer Brand Manager, Product Manager & Entrepreneur, Teacher, Accessory Designer etc.
BDes Accessory Design: Course Advantages
- BDes in Accessory design poses a prestigious job as the demand for the designer accessory is raising the prestige of the occupation is rising as well.
- The demand for the Accessory Designer is rising, simultaneously increasing the scope for Accessory Designer.
- Candidates can also go for various private and corporate sector jobs or become an entrepreneur.
- The pay package offered varies from INR 4 LPA to INR 15 LPA depending upon the type of job and the company hiring.
BDes Accessory Design: Course Comparison
Tabulated below is the comparison between BDes Accessory Design and BSc Fashion Design to help students choose the best course for them:
|Parameters||BDes Accessory Design||BSc Fashion Design|
|Name of the Course||Bachelor of Design Accessory Design||Bachelor of Science Fashion Design|
|Overview||BDes Accessory Design deals with apparel and apparel based products including design of items like jewelry, footwear, bags etc||BSc Fashion Design deals in the area of fashion design, such as accessory and jewelry design, garment design, interior design etc|
|Duration||4 years||3 years|
|Admissions Procedure||Merit or Entrance based||Merit or Entrance based|
|Course Fee||INR 3 LPA - INR 5 LPA||INR 1 LPA - INR 2 LPA|
|Eligibility||10+2 in any stream||10+2 in any stream|
|Job option||Visual Merchandiser, Designer, Fashion stylist, Jewellery Designer, Jewellery Stylist, Accessory Stylist||Freelance Designer, Product Manager, Stylist, Brand Manager, Virtual Merchandiser|
|Average Salary||INR 4 LPA to INR 10 LPA||INR 3 LPA to INR 10 LPA|
BDes Accessory Design: Top Colleges
|Name of College / University||Average Fees|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi||INR 2,70,000|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara||INR 1,37,000|
|National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad||INR 2,22,000|
|Pearl Academy, New Delhi||INR 3,20,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune||INR 3,30,000|
BDes Accessory Design: College Comparison
|Parameters||Pearl Academy, New Delhi||National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi|
|Overview||Pearl Academy is an independent academy whose objective is to work hard to make students expert in the fashion field.||NIFT has a worldwide and nationwide reputation as a top fashion institute. The objective of the institute is to educate and train the best designers for the fashion fraternity.|
|Location||New Delhi||New Delhi|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized institute||10+2 from a recognized institute|
|Admission Process||Entrance based||Entrance based|
|Average Fee||INR 3,20,000||INR 2,70,000|
|Top Packages||INR 13 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Walt Disney, Manish Malhotra, United Colours of Benetton, H&M, Amazon, Myntra, Yash Raj Films||Bureau Veritas, Future Group, Max, Lifestyle|
BDes Accessory Design: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Design||Fabric Embellishment|
|Construction and Geometry||Design Process|
|Drawing and Sketching||Drawing and Sketching 2|
|Material Understanding||Fashion Studies|
|Elements of Design ;||Textile Studies|
|History of Design||History of Fashion|
|Basics of Computer||Advanced Computer Application|
|Essential of management||Business Communication|
|English Communication Skills||Photography|
|Environmental Studies||Environmental Studies 2|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Fashion Forecasting||Quality Control|
|Consumer Behaviour||Methods of Production|
|Fashion Illustration||Fashion Illustration 2|
|Pattern Making||Pattern Making 2|
|Marketing||Business Communication 2|
|Garment Construction||Garment Construction 2|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Apparel Merchandising||Leather Understanding|
|Accessory Design||Leather Garment|
|Fashion Illustration 3||Internship|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Creative Pattern Making||Internship|
BDes Accessory Design: Job Prospects
The career opportunities that are available for graduates of BDes Accessory Design are mentioned below:
|Job Profile||Job Profile Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Designer||The role of Designer is to design accessories, apparels and textiles.||INR 4,80,000|
|Footwear Designer||The role of footwear designer is to design shoes, layouts and models for footwear.||INR 5,00,000|
|Brand Manager||The role of Brand Manager is to create advertisements and promote the products designed by the designers.||INR 4,50,000|
|Accessory Stylist||The role of Accessory Stylist is to style and pair accessories with apparels.||INR 3,80,000|
|Accessory Designer||The role of Accessory Designer is to design hair accessories, scarves, belts etc.||INR 4,00,000|
|Visual Merchandiser||The role of Visual Merchandiser is to work in the retail industry. Highlighting and optimizing the products and accessories are also the work of Visual Merchandiser.||INR 4,00,000|
|Jewellery Designer||The role of Jewellery Designers is to design jewellery according to the trend in the market.||INR 4,00,000|
BDes Accessory Design: Future Scope
After completing BDes Accessory Design, students can join fashion firms in suitable positions. Some of the future prospects are mentioned below:
- Candidates can opt for MDes course in various specializations such as Fashion Accessory. Higher study and a postgraduate degree create career opportunities with a high salary package for students.
- Candidates can opt for various job roles such as Brand Manager, Accessory Stylist, Accessory Designer, Visual Merchandiser etc at various reputed firms.
BDes Accessory Design: FAQs
Ques. What is accessory design?
Ques. Which has more scope accessory design or fashion design?
Ques. What is the difference between fashion designing and accessory designing?
Ques. Which college is best for pursuing a BDes Accessory Design course?
Ques. Is it a good option to pursue a BDes Accessory Design course?
Ques. Which NIFT institute is better for pursuing a BDes Accessory Design course?
Ques. Can I pursue a BDes Accessory Design course after completing my diploma in fashion designing?
Ques. Can I get a job outside India after completing a BDes Accessory Design course?