BDes Fashion Communication is a 4-years duration, full time undergraduate course which centers around the refinements of fashion designing. The basic eligibility criteria for BDes Fashion Communication is 50% marks in 10+2 examinations from any recognized board.
Check: BDes Admissions 2021
Several BDes Fashion Communication colleges grant admission based on the entrance tests endured accompanied by an interview . Direct admission to BDes Fashion Communication is also available. The average BDes Fashion Communication fees ranges between INR 0.79 LPA to INR 7.13 LPA.
Graduates after BDes Fashion Communication are employed as Area Operations Manager, Fashion Advertiser, Fashion Assistant, Fashion Consultant, Fashion Designer, Fashion Journalist etc. The average salary package ranges from INR 60,000 PA to INR 8 LPA.
BDes Fashion Communication: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Design in Fashion Communication|
|Examination type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% aggregate marks in any stream|
|Admission Process||Entrance or Merit based|
|Course Fee||INR 0.79 LPA - INR 7.13 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 60,000 - INR 9 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Marks & Spencer, Madura Garments, Shoppers Stop, Christian Dior, Lifestyle, Benetton, Tommy Hilfiger, Liberty, Freelook, Lopez Design, Marie Claire, Images|
|Job Positions||Graphic Designer, Visual Merchandiser, Retail Space Designer, Fashion Stylist, Fashion Photographer, Fashion Journalist|
BDes Fashion Communication: Admission Process
Most of the top-notch universities and colleges offering BDes Fashion Communication admit students based on their rank in entrance exams conducted at national, state or institute level. Some institutes also provide direct admission based on the applicant’s performance in his/ her HSC examinations. However, the admission process usually differs across universities.
- Candidates can avail the application form facility either online or offline.
- Candidates can appear for national, state or institute level entrance exams for entrance based admissions.
- NPAT, NIFT, UPES DATE, AIEED are some of the most popular entrances.
- Candidates shortlisted will then be required to appear for counselling, personal interview or group discussion round.
Read More: BDes Cut Off 2021
BDes Fashion Communication: Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria for BDes Fashion Communication is mentioned below:
- Candidates should pass 10+2 examinations from a recognized board in any discipline.
- Candidates must also have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates must also appear for entrance exams for admissions to colleges providing entrance based admissions.
BDes Fashion Communication: Entrance Exams
|Entrance Exam||Application Form Last Date||Exam Date|
|FDDI AIST||June 15, 2021||July 7, 2021|
|NID DAT||February 17, 2021||March 14, 2021|
|UCEED||November 17, 2020||January 17, 2021|
|NIFT||January 21, 2021||February 14, 2021|
|NPAT||June 17, 2021||June 27, 2021
July 2, 2021
July 4, 2021
|UPES DAT||April 4, 2021||April 8, 2021|
|AIEED||February 15, 2021||February 25 – 28, 2021|
Checkout: BDes Entrance Exams in India
BDes Fashion Communication: Top Colleges Admission Tips
Below mentioned are some of the useful tips to help candidates get the best college:
- Placement opportunity is a must on the checklist, wherein the past few years' records will help you to understand the placement condition of the college.
- Investigate and attempt the subjects that can be fundamental for the assessment as it is helpful and has an ideal usage of the time and scores remarkable inscriptions.
- Get answers regarding the timetable for the examination to make it to the college of your dreams.
- Keep a track of the course curriculum, regularly visit faculty as well as exposure, the internship will help the candidate to get the best possible college.
BDes Fashion Communication: What is it About?
- BDes Fashion Communication is a well-reputed degree in the designing discipline at the undergraduate level. It offers varied specializations in the field of Fashion Designing, Accessory Designing, Interior Designing, Textile Designing and lot more.
- Over the years, the BDes degree has unfolded to offer several design specializations focusing on Multimedia Designing, Graphic Designing, Visual Communication, Game Designing and VFX Design.
- The scope of BDes Fashion Communication is widened with fresh and reliable career prospects, opportunities in several industries and new technological training options.
- The program curriculum incorporates product development, marketing, CAD, CAM, specialization explicit subjects, elective subjects, vocational subjects and personality and skills advancement subjects.
- Candidates who seek a B.Des course gain experience with the designing industry with internships, expositions and events at the national as well as international level.
BDes Fashion Communication: Course Advantages
- BDes Fashion Communication provides self-employment opportunities and generates jobs for other regions as well.
- The candidates can expect glamour, fame and success and higher salary packages on being successfully qualified. This course will help you build a professional career in the fashion industry.
- With this degree, you can easily find jobs abroad like Canada, USA etc.
- One can take part in exhibitions and auctions of your creative works that can be organized in various parts of the world.
- Candidates get hired as Promotion & Merchandising Officer Fashion Assistant, Fashion Advertiser, Fashion Stylist, Teacher & Lecturer, Fashion Designer, Fashion Journalist, Sales Executive, Fashion Consultant, Area Operations Manager, Fashion Consultant etc.
BDes Fashion Communication Course Comparison
The comparison between Bachelor in Fashion Technology and BDes Fashion Communication is something that many students need to emphasize in order to have more clarity about both programs. Below tabulated is the comparison on the basis of different parameters:
|Parameter||BDes Fashion Communication||BFTech|
|Name of the Course||Bachelor of Design in Fashion Communication||Bachelor of Fashion Technology|
|Overview||BDes Fashion Communication deals with the study of fashion designing and develops a unique sense of fashion through its curriculum.||BFTech deals with the various technical aspects associated with the apparel-manufacturing sector.|
|Duration||4 Years||4 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with at least 50% marks in any stream||10+2 with PCM as subjects from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination, Direct Admission (Rounds of interview or tests may follow)||Entrance Examination, Direct Admission (Rounds of interview or test may follow)|
|Course Fee||INR 0.79 LPA - INR 7.13 LPA||INR 40,000 – INR 2,70,000|
|Average Salary||INR 60,000 - INR 9 LPA||INR 2,00,000 – INR 4,50,000|
|Job Positions||Promotion and Merchandising Officers, Fashion Assistants, Fashion Advisers, Fashion Stylists||Fit Analysts, Production Controller, Merchandising Executives, Apparel Production Manager, Illustrator, Apparel Merchandiser|
|Top Recruiters||Marks & Spencer, Madura Garments, Shoppers Stop, Christian Dior, Lifestyle, Benetton, Tommy Hilfiger, Liberty||Arvind Mills, Pantaloon, Raymonds Pvt Ltd, The Shirt Company, Madura Garments, Celebrity Fashions|
BDes Fashion Communication: Top Colleges
|Name of College/ University||Average Fees|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi||INR 2,70,900|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Navi Mumbai||INR 2,70,900|
|Satyam Fashion Institute (SFI), Pune||INR 1,50,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune||INR 4,20,000|
|Amity University of Fashion Technology [ASFT], Noida||INR 1,52,000|
|MIT Institute of Design (MITID), Pune||INR 3,98,000|
Know More: BDes Top Colleges in India
BDes Fashion Communication College Comparison
|Parameters||National Institute of Fashion Technology, Navi Mumbai||Amity University of Fashion Technology, Noida|
|Overview||NIFT, Navi Mumbai is an institution of design, management and technology for international fashion brands and was established in 1995. It was ranked 2 for Fashion Design by Indiatoday 2019||Amity University of Fashion Technology is a private institute offering design courses and was established in 2006. It was ranked 11 for Fashion Design by Indiatoday 2020 and 12 for Fashion Design by Indiatoday 2019|
|Eligibility||10+2 in any discipline from a recognized institute||10+2 in any discipline from a recognized institute with 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance based||Written Test followed by Personal Interview|
|Average Fees||INR 2,70,900||INR 1,52,000|
|Top Recruiters||Raymond, Madura Garments, Pantaloons, Shopper Stop, Remanika, Sheetal||Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Puma, Pantaloons, Amway|
BDes Fashion Communication: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Fundamentals of Arts and Design (2D)||Fundamentals of Arts and Design (2D)|
|Art representation and transformation||Image representation and transformation –II|
|CAD – Photography and Videography||Typography Fundamentals and exploratory printing|
|Designing and Human evolution||World of images & objects|
|Applied Science for Designers||Knowledge organization and communication|
|Design studio I – problem identification||Design studio II – Problem Analysis|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|2D Visual studies I – word & image||Elective- 3D Form Studies II or 2D Visual Studies II|
|3D Form studies – Aesthetics, Identity & Expressions||Communication Theories, Visual Perception & Semiotics|
|Creative Thinking Process and Methods||Design, Storytelling & Narratives|
|Design, Society, Culture & Environment||Design Studio III – Creative Explorations|
|Design, Society, Culture & Environment||Summer Project|
|Environmental Studies – Science & Engineering||Design Studio IV - Prototyping|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Design, Technology & Innovation||Design Management, Planning & Professional Practice|
|Collaborative Design Project||System Design Project|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Global Design Thoughts and Discourse, Re-Design Project, Design Research Seminar||Projects|
BDes Fashion Communication: Job Prospects
BDes Fashion Communication caters to students who wish to develop their careers in the fashion and lifestyle industry. Fashion Communication degree holders have a large number of opportunities to work as marketers, advertisers, public relations, journalists and fashion designers. Below tabulated are some of the job profiles along with their description and salary:
|Job Title||Average Salary|
|Senior Fashion Designer||INR 7.5 LPA|
|Assistant Brand Manager||INR 7 LPA|
|Fashion Consultant||INR 2.75 LPA|
|Fashion Stylist||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Fashion Merchandiser||INR 4.65 LPA|
BDes Fashion Communication: Future Scope
BDes Fashion Communication opens a wide variety of opportunities such as Fashion designers, Fashion journalists, Graphic Designers, Fashion Marketing Managers, Sales Executives, Fashion Advertisers etc with handsome pay packages.
- Opportunities are open for the graduates in Media houses, Advertising Companies, Retailing Companies, Consultancies, Colleges or universities, etc, and entrepreneurs as well.
- Candidates can also opt for MDes program in related fields.
BDes Fashion Communication: FAQs
Ques. Is a BDes course in Fashion Communication worth it?
Ans. A person holding a Bachelor's in Design and in Fashion Communication specialization has an increased chance of widening his or her career options via a design job, with an increased level of your income. For instance, the average salary package of a fashion designer is INR 4 LPA - INR 6 LPA whereas, people working with large companies such as Apple can expect a high salary package.
Ques. Which subjects are taught under BDes in the Fashion Communication course?
Ans. Some of the subjects taught under B.Des in Fashion Communication course is Elements of Design, Surface Modelling in Computer-Aided Vision, Model Making, Design Documentation, Product Modelling and Identity, Design Management, Fundamentals of Fashion design, CAD/CAM, Typography Fundamentals and Font Designing, Applied Ergonomics, Multimedia Designing, etc.
Ques. What can I do after completing my BDes Fashion Communication course?
Ans. After completing the BDes course, you may choose to pursue MDes (Master of Design), Master of Arts (MA – Fashion Design) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA – Fashion Design) as per your interest.
Ques. Is it possible to do an MBA after the BDes course?
Ans. The candidate is eligible to take admission in MBA after obtaining B.Des in fashion designing, for which the criteria is to hold a graduation degree from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in B. Des degree.
Ques. Is BDes Fashion Communication a professional degree?
Ans. BDes Fashion Communication is a professional 4-year undergraduate program offering various specializations in Product Designing, Industrial Design, Fashion Designing, Textile Designing, Fashion Communication and a lot more, involving a thorough study of creating and innovating original designs in garments, jewels, luggage, industrial items, accessories, fashion, footwear, etc.
Ques. Which are the most popular designing courses?
Ans. Following are 5 most popular designing courses one can pursue to build a career in the design industry: Fashion Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design, Industrial Design, etc.
Ques. What are the areas of employment after BDes Fashion communication?
Ans. As the candidates get to work with the brand images of clients mostly, and either are exposed to manage and be part of a team, skills as well as developing effective linkages play a vital role. It requires a lot of patience and reliance on your team to translate the client's requirements into actual designs and execution of such plans efficiently. In the case of managers, effective delegation of work is something that is most important.