BDes in Interior Design deals with the art and science of understanding people’s behavior to create functional spaces within a building. It is a 4-Year under-graduation course dealing with balancing creativity with sensitive, pragmatic design thinking.
To be eligible for this course, a candidate must have completed (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics as subjects.
Know More About Interior Design Courses
BDes in Interior Design Top Colleges with Ranking
|College/ University||Annual Fees|
|PSG College of Technology||INR 87000|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology||INR 50000|
|Chandigarh University||INR 160000|
|Aurora Group of Institutions||INR 37000|
|Rajas International Institute of Technology for Women||INR 140000|
The Candidate must meet eligibility requirements as per the various selection criteria laid by universities. Bachelor of Design or For Diploma Holders Lateral Entry is possible in the second year. The course opens the gateway to enter the domain of Interior Design. This Course is having a lot of benefits available for creative and artistic minds.
After the successful completion of 4 years of this under graduation course, a student is awarded a degree. A graduate is eligible for either jobs or higher studies as per wish. The BDes in Interior Design starting salary offered to differ at entry, medium, and expert levels.
BDes in Interior Design Admission Process
The admissions to the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design program are based on both selection tests and legitimacy based upon the University or school.
The Candidates who are applying for the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design program must be having their graduation results from the separate board/colleges. There are certain colleges wherein Entrance Exams are required.
- Candidates can fill the affirmation structure online through the school website or offline by visiting the school grounds.
- Candidates have required fill subtleties alongside the existing reports.
- Candidates are exceptionally encouraged to view the rundown of Entrance Exams which are applicable for Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design as referenced on websites of various Universities.
- Candidates ought to qualify in the selection test with the necessary eligibility of imprints for the specific college/school.
Also check Top Interior Design Colleges in India
BDes in Interior Design Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility measures for the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design program are referenced below:
- The Candidate probably finished graduation with business or expressions with a minimum of 45% to half total imprints from a perceived college or board. The eligibility rate shifts according to various colleges and universities. Hence, applicants are exceptionally encouraged to visit the particular school website for additional subtleties.
- Some Institutions take direct confirmation based on imprints obtained at graduation level but the vast majority of the institutions take selection tests of their specific college or school.
BDes in Interior Design Entrance Exams Details
|Entrance Exam||Application Form last date||Exam Date||Result Date|
|IIT JEE (MAINS + ADVANCED)||May 24,2020||January 06 to 11, 2020||January 31, 2020|
|VEE||April 30, 2020||MAY 13,2020||3 rd week of May|
|MHT-CET||February 29, 2020||01 Oct to 15 Oct 2020||Yet to be announced|
|VITEEE||15 Jul 2020 31 Jul 2020||CANCELLED||CANCELLED|
|BITSAT||May 11, 2020||16–23 Sep 2020||Yet to be announced|
BDes in Interior Design Entrance Exams Preparation Tips?
A competitor needs to have great abilities and information sets to meet all requirements for the selection test for Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design. A couple of tips to assist you with developing for incredible execution in the test are given below:
- Learning about the syllabus for the selection test: The absolute initial step is to download a duplicate of the syllabus from the particular school/placement test website available. It is extraordinary to need to point out realities of the syllabus that can assist one with knowing the profundity of the subject which is included in the course.
- Reading and revising past themes: Do peruse and try to amend subjects that can be amazingly fundamental for the point of the examination as it can assist with having an ideal use of the time and score great imprints. Revising old books or themes likewise assists with gaining calculated learning that makes it much simpler for the up-and-comer at the test time.
- The Golden principle of "Careful discipline brings about promising results": A Candidate should practice and change all the ideas before the test the same number of times possible so the last second pressure can be buried away.
BDes in Interior Design College: Admission Tips?
To tie down admission to a decent quality Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design College, a few variables come into activity. A portion of the following guidelines will be useful in that watch.
- Always get a note of the top schools in the territory that you wish to examine.
- Select specific schools according to models like expenses, straightforward entry, area, and so on of your decision.
- Check the school websites and comprehend the eligibility and affirmation measure.
- Make sure to seek after the instructions given by the schools.
- Always remain refreshed on the universities that you need to apply and in the event of doubt make a point to get associated with a call or mail to the administration.
- As careful discipline brings about promising results hence make a point to comprehend earlier years question papers the greatest number of you can explain.
BDes in Interior Design: What is about?
- BDes in Interior Design is a 4 Year UG course that deals with the art and science of understanding people’s behavior to create functional spaces within a building.
- Students studying design ecologically sound and sustainable interior and spatial environments for the clients.
- BDes in Design provides a thorough understanding of contemporary professional practice and all facets of project management in the field of Interior Design.
- This course focuses on providing professional training in the development of creative design solutions for interior spaces through project-based learning.
- The average fee for this course lies around INR 20,000 to INR 1,50,000. Graduates of this course can earn around 3 LPA to 7 LPA depending upon their skills and knowledge.
BDes in Interior Design Course Highlights
|Degree||BDes in Interior Design|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Design in Interior Design|
|Duration||Course Duration of Bachelor Of Technology is 4 Years And Lateral Entry for diploma candidates is 3years.|
|Maximum age limit||23 Years|
|Minimum Percentage||(10+2) 60% AND ABOVE for B.Tech and Lateral Entry diploma with 50% in all semesters.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 10k-5lacs(Depends Upon University and Colleges)|
|Similar Options||B.E or B.Sc|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5lacs- 12lacs per annum|
|Employment Roles||According to this specialization, job opportunities are available in the textile designer, graphic designer, Fashion Designer, etc.|
BDes in Interior Design College: Course Advantages
- A BDes in Interior Design group will be an autonomous organization that has a group of individuals who will work together for a common goal.
- The individuals share a common interest over the economic, social, cultural needs, and aspects of society.
- Students will be provided knowledge about technical tools such as AutoCAD, hand-drawing, and model making, as well as verbal presentation skills.
- A candidate pursuing this career will have many roles and opportunities available.
- Students who wish to imbibe critical thinking and problem-solving approach to provide a creative solution through collaborative team efforts at different levels of society must opt for BDed in Interior Design..
- The requirement for BDes in Interior Design graduates will always be into existence for an upcoming time therefore the employment ratio would always be increasing.
BDes in Interior Design Course Comparison
Below given is a course comparison between BDes in Interior Design and Diploma in Interior Design.
|Parameters||BDes in Interior Design||Diploma in Interior Design|
|Full Name||Bachelor of Design in Interior Design||Diploma in Business Administration in Organizational Behaviour|
|Overview||It is a full-time course that enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of Interior Design. The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunities in the field of Design that is Creative and art-related.||This is a diploma course which enables a candidate to pursue a career in the field of Interior Design.|
|Degree Type||Graduation Level||HSC|
What are the Top BDes in Interior Design Top Colleges with Fees, Salary 2021?
|Name of College/University||Average Fees||Average Salary|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Navi Mumbai||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 9.75 LPA|
|Pearl Academy||INR 3.2 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)||INR 3.3 LPA||INR 4.75 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 7 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Kannur||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 4 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Bangalore||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Bhubaneswar||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 8 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Chennai||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Srinagar||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 3 LPA|
BDes in Interior Design Top College Comparison
|Parameters||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Navi Mumbai||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi|
|Overview||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Navi Mumbai is a private university established in 1995. The institute offers courses based on Design, Management, and Technology.||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi is a college situated in New Delhi. It was founded in the year 1986. Initially, it started with The interior design Course.|
|Location||Navi Mumbai||New Delhi|
|Admission Process||Merit List + Entrance||Merit List + Entrance|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 2.15 LPA||INR 2.15 LPA|
|Average Placement Salary||INR 5 LPA||INR 9.75 LPA|
BDes in Interior Design Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Basics of Structure 1||Basics of Structure 2|
|Hypothesis of Design||Research Planning Design Process|
|Freehand Drawing and Geometric Construction||systematic Drawing|
|Material Exposure||Fundamentals of Photography|
|Relational abilities||Humanities, Art, and evaluation|
|Prologue to Computers 1||Prologue to Computers 2|
|Basics of Design 1||Basics of Design 2|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction to History of Crafts and Interior Design 1||Basics of Building Services 1|
|Fundamentals of Interior Materials 1||Fundamentals of Interior Materials 2|
|Anthropometry and Ergonomics||Elective (Poetry and Literature/ Journalism)|
|practical drawings and Computer Applications||Advance Computer Application|
|Introduction to Interior Construction 1||Introduction to Interior Construction 2|
|Fundamentals of Interior Design 1||Fundamentals of Interior Design 2|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Basics of Building Services 2||Basics of Building Services 3|
|Fundamentals of Interior Materials 3||Analysis of Cost Estimation|
|Elective (Dance and Music/ Theatre and Film Making)||Elective (Human Interaction/ Marketing)|
|Introduction to Materials and Processes 1||Basics of Arts and Crafts|
|Theory of Interior Construction 3||Practical Uses of Interior Construction 4|
|Fundamentals of Interior Design 3||Fundamentals of Interior Design 4|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Basics of Building Services 4||Seminar/ Thesis Topic|
|Practice session||Case Study|
|Introduction to Specifications and Controls||Project work|
|Fundamentals of Product Semantics||-|
|Analysis of Interior Landscape||-|
|Basics of Interior Design 5||-|
BDes in Interior Design Job Prospect
|Profession Title||Description of job||Average Salary|
|Interior Designer||They are responsible for making interior spaces practical, safe, and beautiful by determining space prerequisites and selecting ornamental things, for example, shadings, lighting, and materials||INR 4 to 9 LPA|
|Teacher||They make exercise plans and show those designs to the whole class, individually to understudies or in little gatherings||INR 2 to 5 LPA|
|Researcher||While ventures are in the planning stage, Research Officers and Managers work with colleagues to recognize venture objectives, research strategies, and other test boundaries||INR 3 to 7 LPA|
|Theatre Designer||They are responsible for designing and creating the sets that show up in movies, on TV programs, just as in the theater||INR 2.5 to 6.5 LPA|
|Consultant||They offer guidance and skill to associations to assist them with improving their business execution regarding activities, profitability, the executives, structure, and technique||INR 3 to 5 LPA|
|Exhibition Designer||They are responsible for the design and format of shows and exhibitions, including presentations and exhibitions for historical centers, displays, and nearby businesses||INR 2.7 to 8 LPA|
- The program has been designed to bring to the table eligible understudies specialization in a wide scope of ideas and procedures involved in organizing, managing, and planning the interiors of habitations and buildings, by understanding individuals' behavior and necessities.
- The point is to refurbish the spots with the goal that it mirrors the decisions and nature of individuals occupying it.
- Interior Design is a famous branch of workmanship, with Interior Designers required in clinics, shopping centers, lodgings, eateries, town planning division, and so forth Upon effective finishing of the course, graduates can function as Teachers/instructors, independent experts, among others.
BDes in Interior Design Future Scope
- A candidate after a productive finish of a degree in BDes in Interior Design can take occupations in various administration regions. They can opt for Masters’s course in the same field or they can opt for MBA course.
- They can also work abroad with multinational companies on the basis of their talent and capabilities.
BDes in Interior Design FAQ’s
Ques: What is the qualification for affirmation in Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?
Ques: What archives are needed for the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?
Ques: What are the minimum and most extreme compensation attained from Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design course?
Ques: What is Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?
Ques: What Job Opportunities are accessible after the effective finish of Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?
Ques: Am I qualified for administration work after doing a Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design from distance learning?
Ques: What is the advantage of choosing the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design program?
Ques: What is the minimum participation prerequisite?
Ques: Is distance learning accessible for this program?
Ques: What is the charge range for the course of Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?
Ques: Is there any grant accessible for the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?
Ques: How are the placement tests for Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design?