What is BEd Mathematics?
BEd Mathematics is a 2 years’ teaching program that enables you to pursue a career in teaching Mathematics and other fields.
Bachelor of Education in Mathematics is a profoundly acclaimed degree in India as it is the base necessity for educating in any rumored school or school of India.
BEd Mathematics admissions are based on merit basis or entrance basis. The aspirant must be a graduate securing a minimum of 50% of marks from any recognized university and should qualify in the entrance examinations to pursue this course.
Below given is a list of few colleges that offer BEd Mathematics in India.
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Annamalai University||Entrance Based||INR 42,000||INR 4,00,000|
|Shadan College of Education||Entrance Based||INR 8,500||INR 3,00,000|
|St. Alphonsa’s College of Education||Entrance based||INR 40,000||INR 3,80,000|
|KMCT College of Education||Entrance Based-Merit based||INR 29,000||INR 5,00,000|
|DMI College of Education||Merit-based||INR 55,000||INR 5,20,000|
The average fees charged for this course are INR 10,000- INR 1,00,000 per annum. Graduates of this course can also opt for MBA Courses after completing BEd Mathematics.
In the future a lot of job opportunities are available for the students pursuing BEd Mathematics. The average salary that is offered for these job profiles ranges from INR 2,00,000-6,00,000 per annum.
Further students can pursue MEd in Mathematics course to discuss the related fields of Mathematics and mind consisting of conscious and unconscious phenomena in a detailed study.
Checkout: Top BEd Mathematics Colleges in India
What is the BEd Mathematics Admission Process?
The admission Process in BEd Mathematics is based on the merit and scores obtained by the student in the concerned entrance examinations conducted by the colleges and universities. Students also need to get good marks in the personal interview and group discussion round.
- The application forms for these entrance exams are released in April month every year. Online and Offline mode is accepted for the application of the forms.
- Once a student successfully cleared the entrance exams, then they will be called for the personal interview round and group discussion followed by admission.
How to Apply for BEd Mathematics?
Entrance based online admission is conducted in some colleges for B.Ed in a Mathematics course. The rules of this admission process is mentioned below:
- Students must register their names by providing email ids, mobile number, and password and other required details.
- Fill all the necessary columns by providing personal information and educational information
- Candidates must be present in the entrance examination on the given date.
- After declaring results, selected students will be called for a personal interview (PI) and then the admission process will start.
What is the BEd Mathematics Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for pursuing this BEd Mathematics course are mentioned below:
- The student must be a graduate from a recognised university or board.
- The student must get a minimum of 50% of the aggregate of marks from any recognized university or board in graduation.
- Clearing cut-off marks in the entrance examination are the prime requirement for getting admission to this course.
- The students also have to do well in the Personal Interview round.
Which are the BEd Mathematics Entrance Exams?
All the colleges/universities conducted their entrance exams for pursuing this B.Ed in a Mathematics course. These exams are the following:
- University of Delhi Entrance Exam: This entrance exam is conducted by the University of Delhi to select candidates for pursuing B.Ed courses.
- Lovely Professional University Entrance Exam: LPU conducted LPUNEST for selecting candidates to pursue B.Ed courses.
|Entrance Exam||Mode of Examination||Duration of Exam||Availability of Application||Date of Examination||Announcements of Results|
|DU B.Ed entrance exams||Online||2 hours||August 31, 2020 (extended)||September 6-September 11, 2020||TBA|
|LPUNEST||Online||2 hours||March 14-June 15, 2020||October 1, 2020||TBA|
Note: the dates may be changed for the COVID-19 Pandemic
How to Prepare for the BEd Mathematics Entrance Exams?
All the entrance examinations which are being considered for admissions in BEd Mathematics are similar and follow an objective evaluation based upon the aptitude, reasoning, mathematics and language evaluation. Here are certain tips which need to be taken care of while preparing for the entrance examination:
- Know your skills and judge yourself for BEd Mathematics as per the assessment pattern followed.
- Get the mathematics and statistics better with in-depth information and daily practice on the same for the entrance exams.
- To improve time control in the entrance test, practice passage-based questions, aptitude questions and reasoning-based questions daily.
- To complete the syllabus on time, split all the parts properly and learn each subject carefully to score well and get the desired college.
- Create a powerful command at regular intervals on the analysis of data and language segments with regular experience.
- Solve mock test papers on a daily basis and review your progress and keep an eye on the required topics that need to be planned.
How to Get Admission in a Good BEd Mathematics College?
To secure your admission into a good BEd Mathematics college, the aspiring candidates had to follow the below-mentioned useful tips in mind:
- Admission to BEd Mathematics course study widely depends on the performance in the entrance exam. To secure the admission, you need to have a good percentile in one of the most popular entrance exams.
- Start preparing for the entrance examination and personal interview round one year before the entrance exam date.
- Be updated with latest news, current affairs, banking rules and educational terms and regulations to clear the interview round.
- For the merit-based admission process, candidates should score well in the qualifying examination.
- Narrow down the list of top BEd Mathematics colleges in India and keep the target colleges or universities in mind.
- Remember to apply on time, otherwise your application will be rejected by the concerned college.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest application date, entrance exam date, admission period etc., so that you don't miss any important details about the exam.
- Browse through the official website of the respective universities and check out the course curriculum.
BEd Mathematics: What is it About?
B.Ed Mathematics is an interesting and career-oriented course. The details of this course are discussed below:
- This is a postgraduate Bachelor of Education in Mathematics course of 2 years comprising 4 semesters.
- This BEd in Mathematics courses deepens their knowledge and understanding of Education, developing competencies & skills that contribute to make an effective teacher.
- This course trains and creates quality human resources with a positive attitude towards learners, leading to specialization in either elementary education or secondary and senior secondary education.
- BEd Mathematics program is best to solve all the mental issues and develop a sense of ethical duty among the students
- This BEd in Mathematics course teaches students good verbal skills, measurement skills, and all the problem-solving procedures, etc.
BEd Mathematics: Highlights
The main highlights of the BEd Mathematics course are as follows:
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Education in Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Must be a graduate securing a minimum 50% of marks from any recognized university and should qualify in the entrance examinations.|
|Admission Process||Entrance based and merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 – INR 1,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 – INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Coaching Centers, Publishing Houses, Education Consultants, Education, Departments, Home Tuitions, Private Tuitions, Research and Development Agencies, Schools & Colleges.|
|Job Positions||Teacher, Administrator, Counsellor, Assistant Dean, Content Writer, Education Researcher.|
Why Study BEd Mathematics?
This is a postgraduate degree course and the importance of this BEd Mathematics course are mentioned below:
- Once pursuing BEd Mathematics, students can develop patience, analytical thinking, and compassion within themselves.
- The major advantage of this course is that students are able to deal with any type of issue solving abilities and develop a sense of ethical duty.
- Students are able to work in various employment areas after completing this B.Ed in a Mathematics course. The various employment areas are the Coaching Centers, Publishing Houses, Education Consultants, Colleges, and Universities, etc
- The various job positions for this course are Teacher, Administrator, Counsellor, Assistant Dean, Content Writer, Education Researcher.
- A student after completing BEd Mathematics can earn an average of INR 2,00,000 to INR 6,00,000 per annum as a starting salary.
Course Comparison: BEd Mathematics vs MSc Mathematics
There are some similar courses like B.Ed in a Mathematics course. These courses are B.Ed in Mathematics and MSc Mathematics. The comparisons among these courses are mentioned below:
|Parameter||MSc Mathematics||BEd Mathematics|
|Full-Form||Master of Science in Mathematics||Bachelor of Education in Mathematics|
|Overview||MSc Mathematics provides in-depth knowledge to the students in advanced applied mathematics and prepares them for various research activities.||BEd Mathematics is taken up by those aspiring students who wish to become teachers and go into mathematics related professions.|
|Average Fees||INR 10,000 - INR 1,50,000||INR 5,000 - INR 1,20,000|
|Job Positions||Mathematics Specialist, Professor, Quantitative Developer, Quantitative Risk Analyst, and others||Teacher, Administrator, Counsellor, Assistant Dean, Content Writer, Education Researcher|
|Average Salary||INR 2 LPA - INR 8 LPA||INR 3 LPA - INR 10 LPA|
What are the Top BEd Mathematics Colleges?
Below given are the colleges that offer the BEd Mathematics course are the following:
|College Name||Average Annual fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Annamalai University||INR 42,000||INR 4,00,000|
|Shadan College of Education||INR 8,500||INR 3,00,000|
|St. Alphonsa’s College of Education||INR 40,000||INR 3,80,000|
|KMCT College of Education||INR 29,000||INR 5,00,000|
|DMI College of Education||INR 55,000||INR 5,20,000|
|Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women||INR 25,505||INR 4,00,000|
|DR. GR Damodaran College of Education||INR 40,000||INR 3,20,000|
|Shri Shikshayatan College||INR 35,910||INR 2,80,000|
|Gujrat Vidyapeeth||INR 13,300||INR 4,50,000|
College Comparison: BEd Mathematics
The comparison of the top 3 colleges that offers the B.Ed Mathematics course are the following:
|Parameter||Annamalai University||KMCT College of Education|
|Overview||Annamalai University is one of the best Colleges to pursue the B.Ed Mathematics course in Tamil Nadu.||KMCT College of Education is one of the popular and reputed institutes in Kozhikode offering various educational courses.|
|Location||Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu||Kozhikode|
|Annual fee||INR 8,500||INR 29,000|
|Average placement offer||INR 3,00,000-INR 4,00,000||INR 3,00,000-INR 3,50,000|
|Recruitment Areas||Coaching Centers, Publishing Houses, Education Consultants, Education, Departments, Home Tuitions, Private Tuitions, Research and Development Agencies, Schools & Colleges.||Coaching Centers, Publishing Houses, Education Consultants, Education, Departments, Home Tuitions, Private Tuitions, Research and Development Agencies, Schools & Colleges.|
|Top Job Profiles||Teacher, Administrator, Counsellor, Assistant Dean, Content Writer, Education Researcher.||Teacher, Administrator, Counsellor, Assistant Dean, Content Writer, Education Researcher.|
What is the BEd Mathematics Syllabus?
The syllabus for BEd Mathematics course includes both theory and practical courses. The syllabus for this BEd Mathematics course is the following:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Theory Subject||Learning and Teaching|
|Childhood and Growing up||Curriculum and Knowledge|
|Education in India -Status, Problems and Issue||Teacher as a Counsellor|
|Language across the curriculum Part 1||Learning Assessment|
|Curriculum Development and School||Pedagogy of School subjects|
|Management and School Organisation||Language across the curriculum|
|Preliminary School Engagement-I||Preliminary School Engagement-II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Reflecting and Reading on texts||School Internship|
|Internship-I||Curriculum and Knowledge|
What are the BEd Mathematics Course Recommended Books?
The names of the important books along with authors name for the BEd Mathematics Course are the following:
|Mathematics of Learning||S.Parveen|
|Mathematics of Teaching-Learning Process||Dr. G.Q. Sheikh|
|Essentials of Educational Mathematics||S.K. Mangal|
|Advanced Educational Mathematics||K.P.Singh Trilok Chandra A.J.S Parihar|
What are the BEd Mathematics Job Profiles?
The best job profiles with description for this BEd Mathematics Course are the following:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary in INR|
|Administrator||He or She is a person responsible for carrying out the administration of a business or organization.||INR 4,00,000 - INR 5,00,000|
|Counsellor||He or She is a senior officer in the diplomatic service.||INR 2,00,000 - INR 3,00,000|
|Assistant Dean||They work in schools, colleges and universities where he is responsible for planning the agenda and various activities for a department.||INR 4,00,000 - INR 5,00,000|
|Teacher/Lecturer||He/She is responsible for teaching Mathematics to the students. Lecturers create course material, lesson plans, and curricula, conduct research and fieldwork, engage with students, assist with processing applications, and also attend interviews||INR 3,00,000 - INR 4,00,000|
What is the BEd Mathematics Future Scope?
A lot of scopes for the future are available for the students after completing the B.Ed in a Mathematics course. Let’s discuss below elaborately the future scope of this course:
- BEd Mathematics graduates can pursue an M.Phil degree or a doctorate in Mathematics course and can increase the patience level in studying a case. They can also develop their analytical thinking capacity.
- They can also apply for a Ph.D. Mathematics course and research on the related topic of their choice. They can later publish that research paper for future Mathematics enthusiasts.
BEd Mathematics: FAQs
Ques. What is the total duration of this BEd Mathematics course?
Ques. What is the average salary of a B.Ed in Mathematics Course?
Ques. What is the minimum percentage required for pursuing B.Ed in Mathematics course?
Ques. What are the entrance exams for pursuing a B.Ed Mathematics course?
Ques. What is the average course fee of a B.Ed in Mathematics course?
Ques. Can I pursue a BEd Mathematics course on distance education?
Ques. What are the basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a BEd Mathematics course?