B.Ed is a teaching profession for those who keep a passion for teaching and learning. Admissions for B.Ed in Chandigarh are conducted by Punjab University Chandigarh. The course lasts for 2 years and is divided into 4 semesters. Applicants who apply for B.Ed admissions in Punjab are offered colleges affiliated with Punjab University. Applicants who are interested in securing a seat in the Bachelor of Education course in Chandigarh must appear in the Joint B.Ed Punjab Admission entrance exam.
Chandigarh B.Ed Admission: Highlights
|Course||Bachelor’s of Education|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Entrance Exam||PU B.Ed|
|Conducting Body||Punjab University, Chandigarh|
Chandigarh B.Ed Admission: Important Dates
|Application form made available||July 2021|
|Deadline to submit the application form||July 2021|
|Deadline for fee payment through SBI challan||July 2021|
|Merit list||August 2021|
Chandigarh B.Ed 2021: Eligibility
- Applicants should have secured at least 50% score in Bachelor or Master’s degree in Science/Social sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce/Home science/B.B.A/B.C.A, B.A.LL.B., B.Com.LL.B, or any other equivalent degree.
- B.Tech candidates should have secured at least a minimum of 55% score in their degree.
- Applicants should have studied the major subject of their subject choice for at least 3 years at Bachelor or 2 years at Master’s Level
- Applicants who are appearing for the final examination or whose result have not been declared are also allowed to apply provisionally
Chandigarh B.Ed 2021: How To Apply?
- Visit the official website of the Punjab University
- On the homepage, click on login and register yourself on the website
- You will get your login credentials. Use them to log in
- After that, the applicant will need to fill up the application form
- Enter your details, signature, photographs, qualification details, and any other required documents
- Payment of application fee
- Submit your application and take a print out for future reference.
Documents Required for Uploading and Verification
The applicant will need to keep the following documents in original as well as photocopies during the time of verification.
- Marksheet of class 10th
- Marksheet of all semester of graduation
- Mark sheet of all semester of post-graduation if any
- Character certificate
- Reservation certificate
- UT pool certificate if applicable
Chandigarh B.Ed 2021: Counselling
Applicants whose name appears in the final merit list are eligible to take part in the counseling process. During the process, applicants will be allocated institutes according to their rank on the merit list.
Two rounds of counseling will take place, the schedule for which will be notified by the University to eligible applicants. The counseling process will be done through virtual mode and document verification of applicants will also take place during the counseling process. The counseling will have the following steps.
- Eligible applicants will be notified of the counseling schedule
- After that, they will need to appear before the counseling committee on the specified date and time
- Candidates will then be allotted seats based on their rank on the merit list
- After that document verification will take place
- Then they will need to report to the allocated institute to finish admission formalities
Chandigarh B.Ed 2021: Reservation Policy
|UT (60% reservation)||SC||15|
|General (40% reservation)||SC||15|
Note: UT pool includes applicants who have graduated from Chandigarh administration recognized institutes while the General pool includes the rest. 60% of the seats are reserved for UT pool and 40% for General pool.
Colleges Offering B.Ed Admission in Chandigarh
Some of the top colleges in Chandigarh are:
- Government College of Education, Chandigarh
- Dev Samaj College of Education, Chandigarh
- GRIID, Chandigarh
- Govt. College of Yoga Education & Health, Chandigarh
- Brahmrishi Yoga Training Centre, Chandigarh
Chandigarh B.Ed: FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee?
Ans. Those belonging to the general category will be required to pay INR 2,175 while those from SC/ST/PwD will be required to pay INR 1,088.
Ques. What is the total intake of seats?
Ans. A total of 270 seats are available for B.Ed. courses during the counseling process. They are spread across 5 colleges.
Ques. How many subjects are available?
Ans. A total of 17 subjects are available for B.Ed. courses. Also, B.Ed. yoga and B.Ed. special education is also available.
Ques. What if the applicant has his score in CGPA?
Ans. If the applicant has his qualifying score in CGPA, then he will need to convert it into a percentage when applying for the course.
Ques. Can corrections be made?
Ans. There is no provision for corrections. Applicants should make sure to double-check the information they enter before submitting.