B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a 4-year under-graduation level degree aimed towards imparting knowledge and applying the concepts of electrical and electronics engineering to solve industry-related problems and issues.
The eligibility criteria required for the B.E. EEE course is that the interested candidate must pass 10+2 Boards with Science as the major discipline with at least 45%-50% marks from any well-known and recognized Institute or Board or any of its equivalent.
The admission process is done through Online and Offline mode. Admission is either Merit-based or Entrance-Based, it varies according to the institute. The course is completed after undergoing 8 different semesters.
See more: B.E. EEE Colleges in India
B.E. EEE, the course deals with different but real-time problems associated with theoretical learning and practical control and operation of power systems and electrical as well as electronic machines and objects.
B.E. EEE course is available in many engineering colleges like BITS Pilani, IITs or Panjab University etc. The average course fee is INR 2,00,000 to INR 450000.
After studying B.E. EEE course, students gets a salary of INR 4 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs. The main recruiters include Wipro Lighting Corporate, Bajaj Electricals Ltd, Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd, Schneider Electric, EMCO limited, Havel’s India Limited, Eveready Industries India Ltd, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd., ISRO, JTO, NTPC, Exide Industries Ltd, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
B.E. EEE: Highlights
|Course Level/Type||Undergraduate (UG) Level|
|Duration of the Course||4 Years|
|Program Type||Full-Time/ Part-Time|
|Examination Type||Semester System/Yearly System|
|Eligibility||10+2 Pass with at least 45%-50% score|
|Admission Process||Either Merit-based or Entrance-Based (Depending on the institute)|
|Course Fee||INR 3-9 LPA|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 55,000-7,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies/Organizations||Wipro Lighting Corporate, Bajaj Electricals Ltd, Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd, Schneider Electric, EMCO limited, Havel’s India Limited, Eveready Industries India Ltd, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd., ISRO, JTO, NTPC, Exide Industries Ltd, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd., Advance Engineering Company, Tata Electric Companies, Adani Power Ltd, PTC India Ltd., Finolex Cables Limited|
|Job Positions||Electronics Engineer, Aerospace engineer, Research Engineer, Broadcast engineer, Graduate Engineer Trainee, CAD technician, Electrical engineer, Control and instrumentation engineer, Design engineer, etc.|
B.E. EEE: Admission Process
B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Admission process is either done through:
- Entrance-based, depending on the institutes.
Few of the institutes might carry several other admission rounds such as interviews and group discussions.
The candidates can apply to the colleges providing admission in B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, through both online and offline mode while following the below-mentioned steps that one is required to follow while applying for the M. Com in Banking and Financing course:
- The interested candidate must visit either the official website of the Institute for the online application form OR the college campus/ admission office of the Institute/college itself for the B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering admission application forms.
- Next, He/she must fill in the application form as per the instructions prescribed and upload (if online) or present (offline) the required attested documents and photocopies in the prescribed dimensions.
- Finally, after the processing of applications, the final list of the selected candidates/merit list is released after other admission rounds such as Group Discussions and Personal Interview (if any).
|Bachelor of Engineering [BE] (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) in Tamil Nadu||Bachelor of Engineering [BE] (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) in Karnataka|
Entrance-Exam Based Admissions
- The interested candidates will be required to sit for the entrance exam.
- He/she must be accompanied with the required documents and essentials as prescribed or instructed.
- Once, the candidate qualifies for the entrance exam after obtaining a valid score, a merit list of selected students is released.
- The selected students are invited for the counseling round, Personal Interview Round, or Group Discussions (if any).
B.E. EEE: Eligibility Criteria
The basic B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Eligibility Criteria is that:
- The interested candidates must have completed their class 12th/10+2 with Science as a major discipline with at least a minimum aggregate of at least 45% - 50% marks from any recognized and approved Board OR any of its equivalents from known and recognized institutes.
- Few of the institutions/colleges might also consider the individual score in each subject particularly and some institutes might judge on the basis of score scored in the entrance test by the candidate.
B.E. EEE: Entrance Exams
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam with a valid score is selected for other admission rounds, Personal Interview or Group Discussions:
|Exam||Last to Date to Apply||Exam Date|
|BITSAT 2021||May 29, 2021||June 24-30, 2021|
|VITEEE||March 30, 2021||2nd or 3rd week of April 2021|
|COMEDK||TBA||June 20, 2021|
|SRMJEEE||March 31, 2021||1st or 2nd week of April 2021|
B.E. EEE: How to Prepare for Entrance Exams?
Students preparing for B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering must update themselves with the syllabus, the pattern of the entrance exams. The following steps must be taken care of before the exam-
- The candidate must practice using B.E. EEE previous entrance exam question papers.
- Cover the syllabus first and once you identify your weak points, work on them.
- Study and make revision notes daily.
- The 10+2 NCERT syllabus of particular subjects must also be covered properly and thoroughly.
See more: B.E. EEE Cutoff
B.E. EEE: How to Get Admission into a Good College?
The admission in B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering course is done through both Merit-based and entrance-based.
- So, if the candidates want to get admitted to any institute granting admission merit-based admission, then a good cut-off score is a must in the prior qualifying examination and a valid score in the entrance exam conducted.
- The candidates must also visit the official websites and keep themselves updated with the course curriculum, entrance exam dates, admission process, and so on of the particular colleges.
B.E. EEE: What is it About?
B.E. EEE involves the study of fundamental concepts related to Electronics and Electrical and application of electrical systems for use in different environments as well as basic electronic courses
- The B.E. EEE program/course is mainly aimed towards imparting knowledge of fundamental concepts and making the students more active, aware, and professionally more involved in the field of electronics and electrical industry.
- This is the perfect program for students interested in a career as Electrical engineers or positions in the Electrical and Electronic area or eager to acquire knowledge, learn and apply the concepts of electrical and electronics engineering to solve industry-related electrical and electronic problems and issues.
- In order to enter this sort of occupation, the interested candidate requires a bachelor’s degree (B.E.) in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, or electrical engineering technology.
Why Study B.E. EEE?
Any student with great interest in our day-to-day equipment and its details must opt for this course. B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the most selected engineering disciplines.
- It is concerned with the study, application, and design of electrical and electronic equipment and devices.
- This field is also preferred for students with a high caliber in Mathematics and Physics.
- This out of the other engineering fields provide better and more job opportunities.
B.E. EEE: Course Comparison
B.E. EEE and B.E. ECE has the study of Electronics in common but the differences are listed below:
|Parameters||B.E. Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)||B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)|
|Course Objectives||Concepts related to Electronics and Electrical and application of electrical systems for use in different environments as well as basic electronic courses||Concepts related to electronics associated more with communication and scientific learnings of the behavior and effect of the electrons to develop devices|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1 to 3 LPA||INR 1 to 4 LPA|
|Duration||4 Years||4 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 in any relevant stream.||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 in any relevant stream with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as the main subjects.|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based or Entrance-Exam Based||Merit-Based or Entrance-Exam Based|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3 to 10 LPA||INR 2 to 7 LPA|
B.E. EEE: Top Colleges
The following are the top institutes/colleges for the BE.EEE course in India for the year 2021:
|Top Institutes/Colleges||Fee Structure||Average Placement|
|BITS Pilani- Hyderabad Campus, Hyderabad||INR 18,62,600||INR 12-15 LPA|
|Panjab University||INR 96,300||INR 5-10 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology||INR 8 LPA||INR 20-30 LPA|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||INR 2,35,224||INR 8-10 LPA|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||INR 2,37,024||INR 6-8 LPA|
|Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||INR 380,000||INR 6-10 LPA|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 4,80,000||INR 10-15 LPA|
B.E. EEE: College Comparison
|Parameter||BITS Pilani||Panjab University|
|Overview||BITS Pilani is UGC and AICTE approved. It is also accredited by NAAC with an 'A' grade. The Institute offers different courses.||Panjab University is a central university located in Chandigarh. It was established in 1882. The courses are AICTE approved. It also has been graded with an ‘A’ by NAAC.|
|Average Fees||INR 1,862,600||INR 96,3000|
|Average Package Offered||INR 12-15 LPA||INR 6-10 LPA|
|Placement Companies||Oracle, It Space, Micron, Cisco, Amazon||Deloitte, IOL Petrochemicals Ltd, ZS Solutions, Infosys|
B.E. EEE: Syllabus
The following is the B.E. Electrical and Engineering course syllabus:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Mathematics – I||Applied Mathematics – II|
|Applied Physics – I||Applied Physics – II|
|Applied Chemistry – I||Applied Chemistry – II|
|Manufacturing Process||Introduction to Programming|
|Introduction to Computers and Autocad||Engineering Mechanics|
|Communication Skills – I||Electrical Science|
|Impact of Science & Technology on Society||Communication Skills – II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Applied Mathematics – III||ElectroMechanical Energy Conversion – II|
|Analog Electronics-I||Analog Electronics-II|
|Circuits & Systems||Power System – I|
|Electrical Engineering Materials||Control Engineering – I|
|ElectroMechanical Energy Conversion – I||Electromagnetic Field Theory|
|Data Structures||Power Station Practice|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Object Oriented Programming using C++||Power System– II|
|Communication Systems & Circuits||Power Electronics|
|Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation||Digital Signal Processing|
|Database Management Systems||Utilization of Electrical Energy|
|Organizational Behavior||VLSI Design & its Applications|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Electrical Drives||Advanced Control Systems|
|HVDC Transmission||Flexible A.C. Transmission Systems|
B.E. EEE: Job Profiles
|Aerospace Engineer||The person with this position is primarily responsible to design spacecraft, satellites, aircraft, and missiles||INR 2-3 LPA|
|Manager||The person with this position is responsible for all the job work scheduling and management||INR 7-8 LPA|
|Sales Engineer||The person with this position is responsible for knowledge of different products' parts and functions.||INR 3,05,366|
|Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers||The person with this position is responsible to install or repair a variety of electrical and electronic equipment in, transportation, utilities, telecommunications, and other industries/companies.||INR 1 LPA|
|HR Manager||The person with this position is to manage all the human resources and schedule the job and location for an organization or company||INR 5-6 LPA|
|Research Engineer||The person with this position is responsible for the research project in a particular domain of the organization||INR 4-5 LPA|
|Engineering Managers||The person with this position is responsible to plan, coordinate, direct activities in architectural and engineering companies or organizations.||INR 30 LPA|
|Purchase Manager||The person with this position is responsible for buying and selling the components for the organization/company||INR 4-5 LPA|
|Graduate engineer trainee||The person with this position works on all the tasks assigned by the company or the organization||INR 2-4 LPA|
B.E. EEE: Future Scope
Any student who has graduated and completed B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is eligible for Higher or further studies, Government or private sector jobs as well as placements in MNCs (Software) or other related industries.
- The candidate can apply for various job positions in various Electrical and electronics industries and companies.
- The candidate can go ahead with the post-graduate program – Master of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (M.E. EEE) or Masters of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (M.TECH. EEE) or MBA or a Ph.D. further to grasp a better hold in the same.
B.E. EEE: FAQs
Ques. Can a student after the completion of a B.E. EEE degree eligible for job opportunities in countries other than India?
Ans. Yes, a candidate is definitely eligible for jobs outside India once the degree is completed.
Ques. Can B.E. EEE be completed in less than a duration of 4 years?
Ans. Yes, fast-track courses are available but it requires an extra share of hard work.
Ques. Is it possible to do an MBA after the completion of the B.E. EEE program?
Ans. Yes, any candidate can pursue MBA after the completion of his/her prior course.
Ques. What are the compulsory subjects one must study in class 12th to be eligible for the B.E. EEE course?
Ans. The interested candidates must have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, (PCM) and English as the main subjects.
Ques. Is B.E. EEE a valuable course?
Ans. B.E. EEE is a highly valuable course for students with an interest in Electrical and Electronics study and application.
Ques. Is B.E. EEE a tough course?
Ans. No, the course is not tough or difficult but a challenging one. It entirely depends upon the student’s learning capacity and interest. If the candidate has interest and aptitude inclined towards the Electrical and electronics field, then it is easy and engrossing. Having some prior skills and knowledge help grasp the concept easily.
Ques. Is there any delay in the B.E. EEE admission process due to Covid-19?
Ans. No such official announcements have been made yet. Students must keep themselves updated by visiting the official and authorized websites of the colleges individually.
Ques. Can a candidate who had not taken up Mathematics in class 12th eligible for B.E. EEE?
Ans. Like most colleges, few institutes might not consider mathematics as the main subject. Entrance-Based admissions may allow too. Candidates must check the institute’s websites.
Ques. What is the evaluation system in this course?
Ans. Every institute has its own evaluation criteria/system. Usually, semester examinations with assignments and practicals are conducted.
Ques. Is a bachelor of engineering in EEE a professional course?
Ans. No, a bachelor of engineering in EEE is a professional course.
Ques. Are scholarships and financial help offered under the B.E. EEE course to the students?
Ans. Yes, most institutes offer scholarships and financial help offered under the B.E. EEE course to the students. Students must visit the official site or the main campus for more information regarding the scholarship policies of the institutes/colleges.