BE EE deals with the topic of electrics, electronic, electro-magnetic, mathematics, thermal power plant, hydro-electric plant model, electric power, electric energy system and control etc. It is an undergraduate degree programme of 4 years duration.
To take admission in BE EE, a student has to pass the 10+2 grade in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. They also have to appear for the various Entrance Examinations which are conducted by the National and State level Testing Agencies.
BE EE Top Colleges with Fees
|Institution Name||Average Annual Fees (INR)|
|IIT Madras||INR 2,30,100|
|IIT Delhi||INR 116,450|
|IIT Guwahati||INR 149,530|
|IIT Indore||INR 93,000|
|NIT Rourkela, Odisha||INR 1,12,500|
BE EE fees lie around INR 80,000 to INR 2,00,000. However salary packages offered to the person are different according to various job positions is around INR 20,600-46550 (per month).
For higher studies, the students must have to pass the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam and after that they can take admission into Masters in Electrical Engineering or M.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
The BE EE graduates can start their career in government and private industries and also can go for higher degrees in this course.
BE EE Admission Process?
After passing in 12th examinations or equivalent to it in Science stream with 75% aggregate marks, students first have to fill up the application form for JEE Mains (Joint Entrance Examination). The apply process for the examinations is online for all the candidates including India and the other foreign countries.
JEE Mains entrance examination is for taking admission into the IIT’s, NIT’s, CFTI’s (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions), Colleges and Universities, which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
On the other hand, JEE Advanced is for taking admission into the IIT’s. JEE Advanced is conducted by the IIT’s of India.
- After passing the examinations, the institutions will release a merit list and on the basis of the marks secured in the above mentioned examinations, they will call for Counseling or Personal Interview.
- After that the institutions will release the list of selected candidates.
- Then they will call for document verification by the institutions.
- After that the students can take admission into their respective departments in IIT’s, NIT’s, CFTI’s and IIIT’s in India.
BE Electrical Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
- The students have to pass the 12th grade in science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 75% aggregate marks ( for SC/ST 65% )
- Then for taking admission into the engineering colleges and institutions the students must have to pass the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced as mentioned above
- After passing the examinations the students can apply for taking admission in the institutions
- There are also some eligibility criteria which were followed by the institutions itself. The IIT’s and NIT’s will call the students for counseling which is conduct by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) of every IIT’s and NIT’s and for universities and colleges, the admission authority will call the students for the Personal Interview
- After the counseling session and personal interviews, document verification will be done by the institutions
- The institutions will release the cut-off for taking admission in each department. After that they can join the institution
- After taking admission into the course, if a student fails to join the institute and attend the classes within a week, he/she will be abandoned by the institute.
Also, check Amity JEE Exam Pattern
BE Electrical Engineering Entrance Exam Updates
|Entrance Exam||Application Period||Exam Dates||Exam Mode|
|JEE Main||1st week of September to 1st week of October for JEE Mains 2021 January Session||1st week of January, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
|JEE Advanced||1st week of May to 2nd week of May for JEE Advanced 2021 session||Last week of May, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
|Amity JEE||In the month of November for 2021 session||2nd week of April to 1st week of May, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
|AMU Engineering Entrance Test||1st week of May to 2nd week of May for JEE Advanced 2021 session||Last week of May, 2021||Computer Based Online Test|
Entrance exams for Bachelor of Electrical Engineering are conducted by the National and State level testing agency and the engineering Institutions of India. The exams are JEE Mains and JEE Advanced and University entrance exams.
BE Electrical Engineering Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
After passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, students have to do self-study and also can take coaching classes for the better guidance of how to study and what to study for appearing in engineering entrance examinations.
- In JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, there are three sections, which contains Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The exam will be on a computer based online test. There will be 2 papers for the exam and both the paper will cover the topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The pattern of the examinations are objective type (MCQ or Multiple Choice Questions)
- Each question will carry 4 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. And for unattempted questions, no marks will be deducted.
- Try to attempt the questions which is known by you
- Avoid the questions which you don't know
- Try to maintain the time duration and keep a check on the time given on a particular question.
BE EE Course Details
- Electrical Engineering is a branch of Engineering that deals with the study of electrics, electronic, electro-magnetic, mathematics, thermal power plant, hydro-electric plant model, electric power, electric energy system and control etc.
- Students are provided practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge on how to use the electric equipment for different electric activities
- The institutions or colleges will also give you research facility in the lab and project work in the last two semester on the course
- After the completion of the course, you can apply for post graduate degree and Ph.D. degree on the same subject with different area or topic
- There are a lot of job opportunities after the completion of the degree. The placement is offered by various private sectors or companies to engineering graduate students
- Some of the private sector companies are- SAIL, BHEL, Aditya Birla Group of company, Bharat Electronics Ltd., Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., National Power Thermal Corporation, and many more
- An electrical engineering graduate can start their career in the above mentioned companies as Electrical Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Jr. Electrical Engineer
- Average salary packages offered by to an electrical engineering graduate is INR 7,00,000 – 10,000,000 per annum.
BE EE Course Highlights
|Full form||Bachelor in Electrical Engineering|
|Examination type||Semester system (2 semester in a year)|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 75% along with JEE Mains, JEE Advanced and other university level entrance exam|
|Admission process||Joint Entrance Examination and Counseling or Personal Interview|
|Course fee (per annum)||Average INR 1,00,000-2,50,000|
|Average salary||Average INR 7,00,000 – 10,000,000 per annum|
|Top recruiting companies||SAIL, NHPC, Bharat Electronic Ltd., Techno Electric & Engineering Company Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL)|
|Job positions||Electrical engineer, Project engineer, Junior engineer-Electrical, Site engineer, Product engineer, Electro-Mechanical engineer, Graduate engineer trainee etc.|
BE EE Course Advantages
- Students choose Bachelor in Electrical engineering, because they want to gain knowledge and to do research on how to generate power plants. The students can gain knowledge on the topic by both theoretically and practically.
- From this course, one can get to know how to design the products, how to manufacture them, how to install the machines, how to test them and make better for use.
- And how to develop and improve the devices, equipment; how to check the maintenance of the product; how to check quality and safety of using the products with their research for using in various electric work purposes.
- They can learn how to use various equipment, how to do data analysis, signal processing, designing etc. during the project work given by the department.
- There is good scope for the students of electrical engineering after the completion of course. They can apply for government and private sector jobs with good salary packages.
- The electrical engineering graduates can get their dream job after completion of the degree.
- The graduated students can do the job of electrical engineer, power project engineer, design engineer, electronics engineer, instrumentation engineer etc.
BTech in Electrical Engineering vs. BE in Electrical Engineering: Which one to Choose?
Both are the different courses of Electrical Engineering. Here, some differences between BTech Electrical Engineering and BE in Electrical Engineering Courses are given below in the table:
|Parameters||B.Tech in Electrical Engineering||BE in Electrical Engineering|
|Duration||4 years||3 years|
|Course Objective||It deals with technical or industrial topic of electricity, electromagnetism and electronic and its’ necessity in human life and industries||It is basically a topic of Engineering. The course covers the topic of the applied science of electricity, electronics|
|Eligibility||10+2 grade in Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and entrance exam by the IIT’s, NIT’s and universities||10+2 grade in Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and entrance exam by the IIT’s, NIT’s and universities|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1,00,000- 2,00,000 per annum||INR 1,00,000- 2,00,000 per annum|
|Average Salary||Average INR 7,00,000 – 10,000,000 per annum||Average INR 7,00,000 – 10,000,000 per annum|
BE in Electrical Engineering Course Specializations?
- Electrical engineering: the topic deals with basic knowledge of electrical, like voltage, power generation, energy or magnetic circuits and frequency of understanding the effects of the technologies
- Electrical measurement and instrumentation laboratory: the topic deals with measurement of electronics and instrumentation of the electrical devices in power plant generation
- Power electronics: this topic discuss about analyzing the non-linear circuits with various power generated electronic switches
- Analog electronics: the topic is about how to analyze and design the analog
BE EE Top Colleges in India with Fees, Ranking, Salary 2021
Here, some top ranking electrical engineering colleges in India are given below in the table:
|NIRF Rank (or any other agency)||College Name||Average Annual Fees in INR||Average Placement Package|
|1||IIT Madras||INR 2,30,100||INR 7,00,000|
|2||IIT Delhi||INR 116,450||INR10,400,000|
|7||IIT Guwahati||INR 149,530||INR 10,500,000|
|10||IIT Indore||INR 93,000||INR 70,00,000|
|19||NIT Rourkela, Odisha||INR 1,12,500||INR 7,34,000|
|24||IIT Gandhinagar||INR 1,13,000||INR 40,00,000|
|32||Amity University||INR 1,87,000||INR 6,50,000|
|36||Delhi Technological University, New Delhi||INR 1,90,000||INR 43,00,000|
|39||Aligarh Muslim University||INR 1,41,980||INR 6,50,000|
|46||NIT, Silchar||INR 74,000||INR 5,96,000|
Salary Trend for the Top Engineering Colleges and their Average Annual Fees and Average Placement Offer:
BE EE Top Colleges Comparison
Here the comparison between the college and institutions which offer the course:
|Parameter||IIT Indore||Delhi Technological University|
|Overview||IIT Indore is one of the best institute for the engineering students and every year the pass out students get better placement in various govt. and private sector companies||DTU is one of the best universities which offer engineering programs in different departments. It established in the year of 1941 as Delhi College of Engineering and from 2009 it became a technological university vide Delhi Act 6|
|Annual fee||INR 93,000||INR 1,90,000|
|Average placement offer||INR 70,00,000||INR 43,00,000|
|Placement companies||Infosys, Tata Steel, Bosch etc.||Tata, Maruti Suzuki, Smart Cube etc.|
|NIRF Today Rank||10||36|
BE EE Syllabus
|Semester l||Semester ll|
|Electrical Science||Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Basic Electronics Laboratory||Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering Lab|
|Semester lll||Semester lV|
|Network Theory||Signals and Systems|
|Electronic Devices||Analog Circuits|
|Introduction to Electrical Systems||Electrical Machines and Power Electronics|
|Electronic Devices Lab||Digital Systems|
|Electrical Machines Lab||Analog Circuits Lab|
|Digital Systems Lab||-|
|Semester V||Semester Vl|
|Microprocessors and Digital Systems design||Control Systems|
|Probability and Random Processes||Digital System Processing|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Digital Communications|
|Communication Systems||Power Systems|
|Electrical Measurements and Instrumentation||Control Systems Lab|
|VLSI Systems and Technology||Communications Lab|
|Semester Vll||Semester Vlll|
|B. Tech Project||Communication System Theory|
|Power Electronic Applications to Power Transmission||Physics of Semiconductor Devices|
|Digital Communication Systems||Semiconductor Based Devices|
|Microprocessors and Digital Systems Design Lab||Computer Control and Automation of Power Systems|
|Discrete Data and Digital Control||Information and Coding Theory|
|Semester VIII (Elective Courses)|
|Special Semiconductor Devices||Electronic Instrumentation|
|Industrial Instrumentation||Analog Filters|
|Control System Design||Biomedical Optics|
|IC Fabrication Technology||MOS Devices and Modeling|
|Digital Circuit Design||Advanced Micro-processes and Nanotechnology|
|MOSFET Reliability Issues||Advanced Signal Processing|
|Advanced Memory Technology||Nanotechnology and Nano electronics|
|Analog CMOS IC Design||Organic Electronics|
|Optoelectronics||Microwave and Satellite Communication|
BE EE Important Books
Some important books for the BE EE course which will be helpful for the students. The name of the books along with the authors name are given below in the table:
|Name of the Books||Authors|
|Semiconductor Device Fundamental||R. F. Pierret|
|Fundamentals of Logic Design||C. H. Roth Jr.|
|Fundamentals of Signals and Systems||M. J. Roberts|
|Elements of Electromagnetics||M. N. O. Sadiku|
|C Programming for Embedded Systems||Kirk Zurell|
|Foundations for Microwave Engineering||R. E. Collin|
|Microwave Engineering||D. M. Pozar|
What are the BE EE Job Prospects and Career Options?
|Name of Job Profile||The Roles Play by the Particular Person||Average Salary|
|Electrical Engineer||Designing, maintaining, implementing and improvement of electrical instruments and super the staffs, and confirm the system or tools capabilities by designing testing procedures||INR 365,993|
|Junior Electrical Engineer||Drawing and designing for contract planning, operating the equipments and operating the computers and supervise the team for repairing of the damaged products, write the status report of the works and present them to the senior engineers||INR 478,000|
|Electrical Testing Engineer||To test the electrical facility, process and procedures and also to develop the new products, changing of design and to manufacturing and maintenance of the products||INR 2,72,868|
|Product Engineer||Designing of commercial products and manufacture them and coordinate with the product development team in the work and help them built ideas on operating of marketable products||INR 3,50,000|
|Quality Engineer||To test the quality of the manufactured products and to ensure that the product should meet technological standards and safety||INR 3,60,000|
|Electro-Mechanical Engineer||Perform with contractor in equipment installation, research and data evaluation for customer design proposal||INR 10,56,394|
After the completion of course, there are a lot of job opportunities. The BE EE graduates can also go for further studies on the various areas of the course.
- Electricity has become most essential for our livelihood. The government of India is always trying to improve the electricity issues in the urban areas as well as in the rural areas. After completing the course, the graduates can start their career in various government and private sector industries and companies.
- The graduates can join in every field which is related to their subject. The job profiles where they can employ themselves are Electrical Engineer, Product Engineer and Electro-mechanical Engineer, Quality Test Engineer, etc.
- There are a lot of private companies which give placement to the Electrical Engineer graduates are Infosys, intel, ISRO, CISCO, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., etc. Some of the government. sector jobs are- Power Grid Corporation Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd. (BHEL), Bharat Electronics Ltd. etc. The above mentioned companies recruit BE Electrical Engineer graduates every year.
Salary Trend Graph with the Job Positions:
BE EE Future Scope
- After completing BE in Electrical Engineering, the graduates can do M.E. or M. Tech. in Electrical Engineering and for that the students have pass the GATE (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering), which is conducted jointly by the seven IIT’s (Indian Institute of Technology) and IISc (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
- After the completion of post graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, the students can do Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral research on the same
- An Electrical engineer graduate is responsible for the development, maintenance, testing of electronics product
- The graduates can engage themselves in various government and private sector companies. The companies or industries give good salary packages to the Electrical Engineer graduates after joining their companies. The average salary in the various electrical engineering job is starts from INR 5,00,000- 10,00,000 (per annum)
BE EE FAQs
Ques: Do IITs Offer BE EE?
Ans: Yes, IIT’s do offer Bachelor of Electrical Engineering courses. But for taking admission into the IIT’s one must have to clear the national level engineering entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency.
Ques: How to Join the IIT’s?
Ans: To take admission in IITs, the students must have passed the 12th grade in Science with 75% minimum marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. After that they can apply for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. After passing the entrance examinations of engineering, the students will call for counseling and personal interview. And after that the selected candidates have to go for document verification in the institutions. After that the students can join their respective departments.
Ques: What is the Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Examination for Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Course?
Ans: To sit for any National/State level Entrance Examination, you must have to pass 12th grade in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English with minimum 75% marks. Then after that you can apply for Entrance Examination, like; JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, University Entrance Examination (for e.g.; Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Test).
Ques: When the Application for Entrance Examination for BE EE is Started?
Ans: For JEE Mains, the application for Entrance Examination is started every year in the month of September and October. And for JEE Advanced and other University Entrance Examination, the Examination starts in the month of April/May.
Ques: What are the Best Institutions for Bachelor of Electrical Engineering?
Ans: The top ranking colleges and institutions for better scope of Electrical Engineering course are IIT Guwahati, IIT Madras, IIT Indore, NIT Rourkela, Delhi Technological University, Amity University, Aligarh Muslim University etc.
Ques: What is the Minimum marks for taking Admission into the Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering?
Ans: To take admission into this course, the minimum marks is 75% in 12th grade in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as Main subject and English as compulsory subject.
Ques: What is the Future Scope of BEE.?
Ans: After completing the graduation course in electrical engineering, students can apply for the various job positions in both government and private sector companies. And students can also do Masters in Electrical Engineering and Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral in the particular subject.
Ques: What are the Job Positions After the Completion of Bachelor of Electrical Engineering?
Ans: There is a good scope after the completion of the course. The government and private sector companies’ offers job positions of Electrical engineer, Junior electrical engineer, Electro-Mechanical engineer, Graduate trainee etc.
Ques: What is Average Annual Salary in the Jobs of Electrical Engineering?
Ans: There are various job opportunities for the graduates of Electrical Engineering. The private companies and government sector industries and companies offers salary package of INR 5,00,000 per annum
Ques: What can we learn in this course?
Ans: After taking this course, you can learn how to design, manufacture, test and install the electronic product and how to analyze, evaluate the products for better use of them.