LLB Intellectual Property Rights is a 3-year undergraduate course focused on the development, implementation, and enforcement of intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, patents, trademarks, or licenses, involving legal studies.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights eligibility required candidates to complete their 10+2 in any stream with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
Admission to this Course is usually on the basis of entrance exams but some of the colleges or universities grant admission to candidates on the basis of merit.
The average LLB Intellectual Property Rights fees charged by the Institute ranges between INR 5000 to INR 1.25 Lacs which vary from Institute to Institute.
After completion of LLB Intellectual Property Rights, students can get hired as Associate Attorney, Patent Agent, Lecturers etc.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Course Highlights
|Degree||LLB Intellectual property Rights|
|Course Level||Under Graduation|
|Exam Type||Semester Type|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 45% marks|
|Course Fee||INR 5K to 1.25 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 8 Lacs|
|Job Roles||Associate Attorney, Patent Lawyer, Secretary|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Law Firms, IP Law Departments, Government Agencies|
What is the LLB Intellectual Property Rights Admission Process?
LLB Intellectual Property Rights admission is based on the entrance exam. Some Colleges also grant admission based on merit.
Merit Based Admission
- Visit either the official website of the Institute or the Application Forms Admission Office of the Institute.
- Fill the application form as directed and upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee through online mode and submit the form
Entrance Exam Based Admission
- Candidate need to register themselves by creating an account
- Fill in the form with all details and upload the required documents
- Pay the fees and wait for the date of entrance exam
- Candidates need to visit the centre for giving the entrance exam and wait for the result of the exam.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Eligibility Criteria
For getting admission in LLB Intellectual Property Rights, candidate need to fulfil the below given eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have completed bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% marks in aggregate
- Final year students appearing for exams are also eligible to apply in this programme.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Entrance Exams
Some of the major LLB Intellectual Property Rights entrance exams are mentioned below:
- LSAT: It’s an entrance examination which Law School Admission Council conducts for taking admission in UG and PG law courses.
- CLAT: The national level entrance examination conducted for the students who want to take admission in UG and PG law programmes.
- AILET: The NLU Delhi conducts this test for granting admission to candidates in UG, PG and PhD level courses of law.
The application and exam dates of the entrance exams are tabulated below.
|Entrance Exam||Application Period||Exam Date|
|LSAT||November 10, 2020- February 12, 2021||June 14, 2021 onwards|
|CLAT||January 1-March 31, 2021||June 13, 2021|
|AILET||January 23-May 20, 2021||June 20, 2021|
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Tips to Clear Entrance Exams
In order to crack entrance exams for getting admission in LLB Intellectual Property Rights, it's important for candidate to keep some tips in mind:
- Go completely through the syllabus of the entrance test and make a time table so as to finish the syllabus on time.
- Practice previous year’s question papers to get the idea about the type of questions and exam pattern.
- Identify all your weak points and try to put more emphasis on the same by simply practicing it every day.
- Make revision notes as they are helpful in revising the main topics just before the examination day.
- Go through the reference books as they are very helpful in clearing the entrance exams.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Top College Admission Tips
Students who want to take admission in LLB Intellectual Property Rights in a good College should keep the below given points in mind:
- For pursuing LLB Intellectual Property Rights from good college, don't neglect the early preparation for entrance exams.
- Ensure you have applied to the College of your choice before the deadline.
- Prepare for Personal Interview Round and Group Discussions too as this is also a part of the admission process in some Colleges.
- Get in touch with ex-students of the College as they can help you in telling about the College environment and placement opportunities.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: What is it About?
Its a UG programme that involves legal studies for developing, implementing as well as enforcing intellectual property rights like patents, licenses, trademarks etc.
Some of the topics covered under LLB Intellectual Property Rights are legal research patents law, copyright law, emergence and development of IPRs, etc.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Course Advantages
- After the completion of LLB Intellectual Property Rights candidates can get hired as Patent Agent, Associate Attorney, Legal Advisors etc.
- Candidates will get job opportunities in different industries like Law Firms, Research Organizations, Publishing Houses, Voluntary Organizations and so on.
- They can also go for higher studies in order to get better job options and better salary.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Course Comparison
Below given is the comparison of LLB Intellectual Property Rights and BA LLB (Hons.) to help candidates choose the best course.
|Parameters||LLB Intellectual Property Rights||BALLB (Hons.)|
|Full Name||Bachelor of Legislative Law in Intellectual Property Rights||Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Legislative Law|
|Overview||This course helps students in developing skills such as problem solving, judgement and communication.||This course is the integration of arts as well as law subjects. This course teaches students about moot courts, law internships, law case studies etc.|
|Duration||3 Years||5 Years|
|Degree Type||Graduation Level||Graduation Level|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam/Merit Based||Entrance Exam/Merit Based|
|Average Fees||INR 5.00-1.25 Lacs||INR 1.5-INR 7.00 Lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 2-8 Lacs||INR 3-INR 6 Lacs|
Read more: Jobs after BA LLB (Hons.)
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Top Colleges
Listed below are some top LLB Intellectual Property Rights Colleges in India:
|College Name||Course Fee|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth New Law College||INR 60,000|
|SDM Law College||INR 87,000|
|Symbiosis Law School||INR 7.30 Lacs|
|University College of Law||INR 6570|
|Government Law College||INR 19,520|
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: College Comparison
Tabulated below is the comparison among top three LLB Intellectual Property Rights colleges in India.
|College Name||Symbiosis Law School||Annamalai University||Amity University|
|Overview||It is approved by BCI and offers UG, PG and Diploma courses.||The University is recognized by UGC and offers numerous courses.||The University is accredited by NAAC and offers UG, PG, PhD, M. Phil programmes.|
|Eligibility||Graduate with minimum 45% marks||Passed Bachelor's Degree||Bachelor's Degree with 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Merit and Personal Interaction||Entrance Based||Entrance Test|
|Course Fee||INR 7.30 Lacs||-||INR 7.44 Lacs|
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Syllabus
A semester- wise syllabus of LLB Intellectual Property Rights is tabulated below.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Constitutional Law||Criminal Procedure Code, Juvenile Justice Act, and Probation of Offender|
|Tort & Consumer Protection Laws||Law of Evidence|
|Property Law, Transfer of Property and Easement Acts||Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act|
|Law of Crimes||Jurisprudence|
|Contract I||Introduction to Intellectual property Rights Law|
|Legal Research and Legal Writing||Contract II|
|Moot Court||Moot Court|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Administrative Law||Law of Trade Marks and Industrial design|
|Family Law - I||Environmental Law|
|Law of Patents||Labor & Industrial Laws|
|Law of Copyrights||Patent Prosecution, Claim Drafting, Filing and Registration Procedure|
|Company Law||Elective - II|
|Seminar||Elective - III|
|Elective - I||Comprehensive Viva-voce|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Other forms of IPR Protection Law||Arbitration, Conciliation, and Alternate Dispute Resolution|
|Information Technology and Law||International Law|
|Private International Law||Biodiversity protection, Farmers and Breeders rights|
|Professional Ethics, Accounts||Protection of Indigenous Culture and Knowledge|
|Interpretation of Statutes||IPR Transactions and Technology Transfer|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyance||Dissertation|
|Moot Court on IPR||Comprehensive Viva-voce|
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Recommended Books
Below given are some LLB Intellectual Property Rights books that candidates can check.
|Name of Book||Author|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Pandey Neeraj, Dharni Khushdeep|
|Principles of Administrative Law||MP Jain|
|Law Relating to Intellectual Property Rights||VK Ahuja|
|Intellectual Property Risk Management||Sudhir Ravindran|
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Job Prospects
After the completion of LLB Intellectual Property Rights programme, graduates can get better job opportunities in fields like tech industry, fashion industry, life sciences, biotechnology, software industries etc.
|Job Profiles||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Legal Associates||Understand requirements of client and craft solutions.||INR 3.9 Lacs|
|Associate Attorney||Manage cases of litigation and solve legal disputes by developing negotiating contracts and agreements.||INR 4,32,322|
|Licensing Specialist||Help applicants understand what type of documents they will require when obtaining licenses as well as inform any additional regulations.||INR 8 Lacs|
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: Future Prospects
After the completion of LLB Intellectual Property Rights candidates can go for further studies to enhance their career and salary package.
- LLM: Candidates can pursue LLM after LLB Intellectual Property Rights which is a 2 year post graduate programme in relevant stream.
- PG Diploma: Candidates can also go for PG diploma programmes in law which have duration of 1-2 years.
LLB Intellectual Property Rights: FAQs
Ques. What is the admission procedure for admission to the LLB Intellectual Property Rights?
Ques. Is LLB Intellectual Property Rights a good field to choose?
Ques. Can I pursue LLB Intellectual Property Rights after B. com?
Ques. What is the age limit to do LLB Intellectual Property Rights?
Ques. What scope is there if one does MBA after LLB Intellectual Property Rights?