BPharm in Ayurveda is a four years undergraduate course. It is a full time job oriented course that focuses on Ayurvedic Formulations, ayurveda manufacturing process, and the study of raw materials used in ayurvedic medicine manufacturing.
In BPharm Ayurveda syllabus, students get to learn around six subjects in each semester ranging from pharmaceutical biology, management, rasasastra advance, pharmaceutical analysis, etc.
Required qualification for BPharm Ayurveda is a 10+2 or equal to it in any stream from a Board of Education. Admission to the course depends on the student’s performance in the pertinent entrance exam or the cut off rank required to get in.
Check: BPharm Ayurveda Top Colleges
BPharm Ayurveda Course Highlights
|Duration||Bachelors of Pharmacy in Ayurveda|
|Admission Process||Online/ offline ( depends on the university)|
|Course Fees||10+2 or equivalent, however many colleges prefer taking an entrance exam before admission.|
|Subjects||Most of the colleges offering the course concede students with a test, regularly followed by a series of group discussions and a personal interview, wherein their overall fitness for the course is seen. Admission process varies from college to college.|
|Salary||Average fee is INR1,50,000|
|Recruiting Companies||INR 3,50,000|
|Jobs||Hospitals , pharmacies , colleges|
Do I qualify for BPharm Ayurveda Eligibility Criteria?
- Science stream (Mathematics or Biology PCM/B) students who have breezed through twelfth standard board assessment from a perceived board are qualified to seek after this expert course. Least checks scored in PCM/B subjects should be half (a few organizations do have least stamps models).
- Usually admission is based on entrance exams.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
What is the BPharm Ayurveda Admission Process
- Candidates who are willing to get admission in this stream can apply to BPharm Ayurveda colleges by both offline and online means.
- You can either reach the official website of the institute or to this step admission office of the institute to fill the admission application form.
- Fill the application form required and upload all the necessary documents which are asked in the form.
- After completion of the process of application, go for counselling round and attend the personal interview round to get your desired college.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
- Admissions in Bachelor of Pharmacy courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
- GPAT, BITSAT, AIIMS, LPUNEST and more are conducted for admission in the Bachelor of Pharmacy's programs of top colleges in India.
- Candidates need to have completed their bachelors in a computer subject along with 50% marked to be eligible for Bachelor of Pharmacy International Business courses.
- Certain colleges give admission on merit basis also, after considering the CGPA or Percentage obtained in graduation.
See more: All you need to know about AIIMS
What are the top BPharm Ayurveda Entrance Exams?
Although many colleges give entry on the basis of 10+2 or equivalent result, many top universities conduct an online exam and some interview rounds before admitting students.
- Exam conducted by Lovely Professional University itself
- Minimum 60% is required for the entrance exam
- Due to current pandemic situation, exam is conducted online
- Duration for exam is 2 hours 30 minutes
- There are multiple choice questions
- Computer based online test
- There are multiple choice questions
- Paper comes from NCERT
- Candidate can choose centre, date and time of his test as per availability
- Exam duration is three hours
- Mode of exam is online
- It’s a national level exam
What is the BPharm Ayurveda Syllabus?
A typical BPharm Ayurveda syllabus is written below –
|YEAR I||YEAR II|
|Pharmaceutical analysis||Dravyaguna Vijnanam|
|introduction to Sanskrit||Patho physiology|
|introduction to Ayurveda||Pharmaceutical engineering|
|pharmaceutical chemistry||Physical pharmacy|
|Sareera Kriya Vijnanam||-|
|YEAR III||YEAR IV|
|Pharmacognosy Advanced||Industrial pharmacy advanced|
|Bhaishajya Kalpana||Bhaishajya kalpana advanced|
Important Books for BPharm Ayurveda Course?
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name Of The Book||Author|
|Essential Of Herbal Drug Technology||Shanti Bhushan Mishra|
|Textbook of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry||Biren Shah, Avinash Seth|
What are the BPharm Ayurveda Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|College Name||Admission mode||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar||online||INR 95,200||INR 3,00,000|
|Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal||Online||INR 5,33,375||INR 3,55,000|
|University of Delhi||Offline||INR 88,917||INR 5,00,000|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil University||Both online and offline||INR 2,22,000||INR 3,20,000|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University||online||INR 1,34,273||INR 4,00,000|
- Bachelor of Pharmacy of Ayurveda course is done in full time mode. You can take admission in the desired college on the basis of entrance exams. You can complete this course in about INR 40,000 to INR 1,00,000.
- BA Pharmacy in Ayurveda is a practice of understanding Ayurveda and how it’s a safe alternative of other drugs.
- All features of manufacturing drugs fall under the work of a manufacturer who has done a BA Pharmacy in Ayurveda. This includes knowing raw materials, planning, quality controls, drug store management, etc.
- The main idea of this course includes a mixture theory and practical. BA Pharmacy in Ayurveda is a blend of many scientific areas. BA Pharmacy in Ayurveda is powerfully rooted in medicine industry. A high level of experience and expertise is required in these.
What after BPharm Ayurveda?
After completing the course, a student can either get a post graduate degree in the same field or look for jobs. Many diversified options are available for students like indulging in a manufacturing unit, become a quality check officer, get a post of junior lecturer in an esteemed college and many more. One can also setup a pharmacy. Jobs are available in both public sector and private sector.
|Job Position||Job Description||Annual Salary|
|Medical Officer||They provide an all-rounder information in the field of Ayurveda. They have to work extra hours according to the needs of their patients.||INR 1,60,000|
|Lecturer||They teach students subjects related to Ayurveda||INR 2,00,000|
|Pharmacist||They deal with drugs and acts a bridge between manufacturers and consumers.||INR 5,50,000|
|Ayurveda Specialist||They diagnose disease with tactics and treat accordingly.||INR 7,00,000|
- Bachelors of Pharmacy (Ayurveda) graduates may go for the PG course of M Pharm (Ayurveda). It is a 2 years in length Master's course. Subsequent to finishing M Pharm, one may go for PhD and adventure into the R&D area related with this field! One may land Lecturer’s (instructing) position after M Pharm.
- M.Sc. in Medicinal plants is another applicable PG course that graduates may go for. It is a 2 years in length course.
- On the off chance that you are keen on seeking after an administration course, you may go for MBA or Diploma in administration courses. Having some expertise in the medical services in the board area will be valuable.
See More: Top MBA colleges in India
What is the difference between BPharm Ayurveda vs BAMS?
All these degrees may sound similar. But these are different courses. Below is mentioned the comparison of all these courses:
See More: Top BAMS colleges in India
|Criteria||BA Pharm. ( Ayurveda)||BAMS|
|Full Form||Bachelors of Pharmacy in Ayurveda||BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)|
|Course Duration||4 Years||5 1/2 years|
|Internship Opportunity||Internship not included in course||Last Year is dedicated to Internship|
|Future Profile||Manufacturing Drugs, Pharmacist||Research , Practicing at Clinic|
BPharm Ayurveda FAQs
Ques. Which is better B Pharma or BAMS?
Ans. B. pharm, is a degree course in manufacturing which is about assembling and dispensing deals of medication against the medicine of qualified specialist. However, BAMS is an alumni course in Ayurvedic medication and medical procedure, which is five and half years course. Presently we are in logical period so I would suggest B.
Ques. What are the job options after completing of b pharm in Ayurveda?
Ans. Job positions like Pharmacist, quality check officer, lecturer, drug manufacturer, etc. are available after doing this degree. However, one can always pursue a post graduate degree.
Ques. What is B Pharma Ayurveda?
Ans. BPharm in Ayurveda is a four year long undergraduate course. This is a full time job oriented course. The work is trying, with the wide scope of hopeless infections recently arising each day, and disappointment of different frameworks of medication in relieving them, uncommonly the allopathic part of medication.
Ques. What is the salary of a specialist at Ayurveda?
Ans. Ayurveda specialists are the ones who diagnose disease with tactics and treat using there Ayurvedic practices accordingly. Salary is averagely INR 7,00,00 annually.
Ques. Does Ayurveda have scope?
Ans. After completing an undergraduate degree like Bachelors in Pharmacy, a student can either get a post graduate degree in the same field or look for jobs. Many diversified options are available for students like indulging in a manufacturing unit, become a quality check officer, get a post of junior lecturer in an esteemed college and many more. One can also setup a pharmacy. Jobs are available in both public sector and private sector.
Ques. What’s the best course after B pharm?
Ans. Bachelors of Pharmacy (Ayurveda) graduates may go for the PG course of M Pharm (Ayurveda). It is a 2 years in length Master's course. Subsequent to finishing M Pharm, one may go for PhD and adventure into the R&D area related with this field! One may land Lecturer’s (instructing) position after M Pharm. M.Sc. in Medicinal plants is another applicable PG course that graduates may go for. It is a 2 years in length course.
On the off chance that you are keen on seeking after an administration course, you may go for MBA or Diploma in administration courses. Having some expertise in the medical services in the board area will be valuable
Ques. Is B Pharm easy?
Ans. Yes, it’s easy to pass as compared to other science courses like BAMS.
Ques. which is better? BSc or B pharm?
Ans. Both are good but B pharm gives you more career options. after doing B pharm one can be a Pharmacist, quality check officer, lecturer, drug manufacturer and many more options are available.
Ques. Do we need to clear NEET in order to pursue B Pharmacy?
Ans. no, NEET exam is not necessary. however, many universities conduct their own entrance exams whilst some admit students with passing 10+2 or equivalent.
Ques. Is having maths in 12 compulsories for pursuing B Pharmacy?
Ans. yes, the candidate needs to clear 10+2 or equivalent with maths, physics, chemistry (or zoology, biology, others) as subjects.