BPharm Pharmaceutics or Bachelor of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics is a 4-year full-time undergraduate course divided into 8 semesters involving useful knowledge about biochemical science and the healthcare business.
A student should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th examinations along with physics, chemistry, Mathematics/Biology as mandatory subjects to be eligible for the course.
BPharm Pharmaceutics Admission process is strictly based on the entrance exam and they are GPAT, WMJEE, CET, IPU CET are top entrance tests or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam.
BPharm Pharmaceutics covers the design, creation, distribution, and clinical use of drugs for infectious disease prevention and relief. BPharm Pharmaceutics subjects are Analytical Techniques, Cures, and Remedies for diseases, Pharmacology etc
BPharm Pharmaceutics Colleges include Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MCOPS), Birla Institute of Technology in Ranchi, Jamia Hamdard University. The average fee for B.Pharm Pharmaceutics is INR 60,000 to 8,000,00 per annum.
BPharm Pharmaceutics graduates get hired in areas such as Pharmacists in private and Government Hospitals, State Wise drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, and Medical Shop Chains such as Medplus, Apollo Pharmacy.
The average starting salary after completing this course generally lies between INR 1,000,00 to 10,000,00 depending on the skills of the candidates.
Students completing BPharm in Pharmaceutics can also pursue a Masters in Pharmaceutics.
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Course Highlights
|BPharm||Bachelor of Pharmacy|
|Admission process||Entrance based on GPAT, WMJEE, CET, IPU CET, BVP, MHT CET|
|Eligibility||10,+2 or equivalent qualification in science stream with a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks|
|Course Fees||INR 60,000 to 8 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private), State-wise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, Medical Shop Chains like Apollo Pharmacy, and many more.|
|Average Salary||INR 1 Lacs to 10 Lacs|
|Top Job Role||Pharmaceutical Operator, Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, Healthcare Specialist, Administrative Assistant|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||Aerotek, PDI, ACA Talent, NESCO Resource, Atlas Copco, etc.|
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Eligibility Criteria
The basic BPharm Pharmaceutics eligibility criteria for candidates who want to pursue this course are required to fulfil the following to be eligible to apply for this course.
- Completion of 10th and 12th level of education in science stream as a mandatory subject from a recognized Education Board
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the 10+2 level.
- The minimum age to join this B.Pharm Pharmaceutics course is 18 years but it is not compulsory in all the colleges.
- Some of the reputed Universities and colleges conduct their entrance examination for admission.
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Admission 2021
BPharm Pharmaceutics Admission process is completely based on entrance tests performance conducted by the institutions/Universities. Entrance exams for which you have to sit.
Some popular entrance exams in the country for admission to this BPharm Pharmaceutics Course are: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test [GPAT], West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam [WBJEE], Maharashtra Common Entrance Test [MAH CET], KCET, BVP, IPU CET
BPharm Pharmaceutics Merit-based
You can apply to the B.pharm Pharmaceutics colleges providing admission to the course both online and offline mode.
- Visit either the official website of the Institute or the Admission office of the Institute for the B. Pharm Pharmaceutics admission application forms.
- Fill the application form as directed and upload the required documents in the prescribed dimensions
- After processing the applications the final selection is done after the rounds of the list of merit last qualifying exam(general Aptitude) and personal interview.
For offline mode, candidates can submit their application forms from the college, fill them and submit it along with the required documents.
BPharm Pharmaceutics Entrance-based Admission
Students are required to sit for the exams and after qualifying, they have to follow a round of Personal Interviews where their IQ is tested. The process varies from college to college.
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Entrance Exams
Most of the colleges/Institutions select prospective students based on performance in the Top BPharm Pharmaceutics Entrance Exams. Admission for the BPharm in Pharmaceutics is completely based on entrance tests and merit-level performance.
Some of these exams are state-level and University level examinations. Some of the top exams with their admission dates are mentioned below in the table:
- GPAT: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the national testing agency in computer-based mode.
- KCET: stands for the Karnataka Common Entrance Exam is a state-level exam conducted by the various educational institutions in Karnataka for the admission process in the field of pharmacy.
- IPU CET: stands for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is a University-level exam held for admission to UG PG Programs in the field.
- WBJEE: stands for West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam is a state-level exam conducted by the state board. The candidates can get admission into the field of pharmacy.
- MAH CET: stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a state-level exam conducted by the state common entrance test cell Maharashtra annually.
- BVP: stands for Bharati Vidyapeeth University in Pune will organize, the Pharm UG Entrance Exam for admission to B. Pharm in Pharmaceutics.
|Exam Name||Registration date||Exam Date|
|GPAT||December 23, 2020 - January 30, 2021||February 22 & 27, 2021|
|IPU CET||1st week of March to 4th week of March 2021||4th week of April 2021 to 1st week of May 2021|
|WBJEE||February 23, 2021||July 11, 2021|
|KCET||To be notified||July 7, 8, 2021|
|MAH CET||2nd week of January to 4th week of February 2021||3rd week of March 2021|
|BVP||June, 2021||June, 2021|
BPharm Pharmaceutics: How to Prepare for the Entrance Exams?
All the candidates should follow the general guidelines before qualifying for the pharmacy entrance exam. They need to follow some tips such as
- Knowledge of syllabus
- Preparing the exam according to the syllabus.
- General awareness
- Time management during the exam
Candidates must divide the whole task into a lot of time depending upon the knowledge on the particular task so that the candidates can develop the confidence level to achieve their goal.
- The exam pattern for BPharm Pharmaceutics Entrance Exam must vary from universities to universities and the syllabus is generally covered chemistry, Physics, Biology subjects.
- The candidates should have the class idea of the syllabus and target their time during the exam. They should plan their schedule accordingly.
- The candidates must remember the important facts about time management as they must divide the full session into the different settings and syllabus into small segments.
How to get admissions to a Top BPharm Pharmaceutics College?
- BPharm Pharmaceutics course admission takes place through entrance examinations like CET, GPAT etc.
- If you want to enter into a prestigious institution or university then you need to prepare well for the entrance exam.
- In some colleges they also select students based on merit in the last qualifying exam or intermediate should be able to meet the cut-off criteria set by the college.
- Make sure to apply before the deadline of your selected University.
- You need to prepare for the group discussion and personal interview round as well. You need to be confident and master your speech.
BPharm Pharmaceutics: What is it About?
BPharm full form is Bachelor of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics. The course is the discipline of pharmacy which involves all the facets of the process of turning a new chemical Entity into a safe and effective medication. This is about how drug dosage forms design which involves a lot of studies.
- The course aims to build an understanding of the advanced study of the transformation of a pure drug substance into a dosage form. It is a study of drugs, and drug development, discovery, metabolism, absorption.
- The course helps to study the various exploration of the importance of intellectual property and analyses of the comparative effectiveness of drugs.
- The average B.pharm Pharmaceutics course fee is INR 60,000 to 8 lac for four years.
- Some of the common BPharm Pharmaceutics subjects include Allied elements such as Biomedical Analysis, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, and Pharmacodynamics.
- Pharmaceutics work is usually done in a lab setting.
- The course requires candidates to study data mapping, and mining tools in drug investigation as also the chemical structures, properties, and behaviour of different Pharmaceuticals.
Why Study BPharm Pharmaceutics Course?
After completing your BPharm in Pharmaceutics course you can apply for government jobs in many sectors of society. You can work at government hospitals and work as a Pharmacist in a private medical shop and private hospitals. The students can even work in a Pharmaceutical company.
- After a candidate with a BPharm Pharmaceutics has huge demand if the students are interested to settle abroad as it is one of the job oriented courses which provides wide opportunities in pharmacy industry like Drugs and Medicines, Pharmaceutical Engine, Medicinal Chemistry etc.
- Those who want to pursue higher studies in BPharm Pharmaceutics can pursue a Master of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics after the completion.
- Freshers are employed in the marketing of Pharmaceutical products and they work as Medical representatives and the salary for this job ranges from 18,000 to 35,000 per Month.
- Those who work as a healthcare professional or Pharmacist in private clinics are required to get starting from 45,000 per month and 60,000 per. A month after two years up to 10Lacs till you are an experienced healthcare professional.
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Top Colleges
|College Names||Average Annual Fees|
|Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar||INR 6.6 Lakhs|
|Integral University, Lucknow||INR 4.2 Lakhs|
|Shoolini University, Solan||INR 3.8 Lakhs|
|Sinhgad College of Pharmacy, Pune||INR 5.3 Lakhs|
|NIMS Institute of Pharmacy, Jaipur||INR 2.6 Lakhs|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur||INR 2.8 Lakhs|
|PDM University, Bahadurgarh||INR 4.2 lakhs|
|Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran||INR 3.15 lakhs|
|Dev Bhoomi Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Dehradun||INR 3.5 Lakhs|
BPharm Pharmaceutics: College Comparison
|Parameter||Integral University||Chandigarh University||Sandip Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Overview||Integral University, Lucknow with its highly qualified and experienced faculty, is putting the students on the path of excellence. The University is also known for its quality and social values & virtue in students' outcomes and progress.||Chandigarh University is a Private University that has garnered attention from various reputed organizations for its placement record and last year the placement session bagged the highest CTC offer INR 3.5Lakhs with more than 6300 students getting placed under various MNCs||SIPS, Nashik is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and AICTE and affiliated with Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). Thus college is one of the top pharmacy colleges situated in Maharashtra|
|Average Fees||INR 5.20 Lakhs||INR 1.70 lakhs||INR 1.3 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||1.9 lakhs||6.5 LPA||INR 1.3 Lakhs|
|Top Placement Companies||Abbot, Biocon, Cipla Eli Lilly, Cap Gemini, Rudolf Pharmaceuticals, Macleods Pharmaceuticals, Sandoz Pharmaceuticals||Abbot, Alkem, Aurobindo, Cipla, Johnson, OMICS India, Infotech||Glenmark, Alembic pharma, Macleods, Infugen, Sun pharma, TCS|
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Course Syllabus
The entire syllabus is divided into 8 semesters. The semester wise break down of the syllabus is given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Organic chemistry-I||Organic Chemistry-II|
|Pharmaceutical Engineering-I||Pharmaceutical Engineering-II|
|Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology-I||Physical Pharmacy- I|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry –I||Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology-II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Organic Chemistry-III||Organic Chemistry-IV|
|Pharmaceutics- III||Pharmacology- I|
|Physical Pharmacy- II||Biochemistry - II|
|Biochemistry -I||Pharmaceutical Analysis-II|
|Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology-III||Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry – II|
|Psychology and Sociology Hospital Pharmacy & Drug Store Management||Dispensing Pharmacy Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology-IV|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Pharmaceutics- IV||Pharmaceutics- V|
|Pharmacology- II||Pharmacology- III|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry – III||Pharmaceutical Analysis-IV|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis-III||Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry – IV|
|Cosmetics Molecular Biology & Biotechnology Assignments||-|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Pharmaceutics – VI||Pharmaceutics – VII|
|Pharmacognosy-II||Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry – VI|
|Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry – V||-|
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Course Comparison
Below we have listed some of the key differences between BPharm Pharmaceutics and BPharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry courses in India.
|Parameters||BPharm Pharmaceutics||BPharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
|Full form||Bachelor of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics||Bachelor of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
|Duration||4 years||4 years|
|Course Overview||BPharm Pharmaceutics teaches about the analytical techniques on identifying the drug performance along with determining the proper dosage amounts.||BPharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry is based on both theoretical and laboratory sessions of study. The students are imparted with advanced lessons in various aspects of drug development, design, use, and delivery system.|
|Eligibility||To apply, candidates must have passed 10+2 examinations (PCB) with a minimum of 50% marks from recognized boards in India.||To apply, candidates must have passed 10+2 examinations (PCB) with a minimum of 50% marks from recognized boards in India.|
|Average Fee||INR 60,000 to 8, 000,000||INR 60,000 to 8, 000,000|
|Job Roles||Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical sales representative, Pharmaceutical Operator, Healthcare specialist, Administrative, etc.||Manager Biostatistician, Pharmaceutical Technologist, Business Analyst, among others.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Hospitals and Clinics in both the private and public sector, Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, Medical Shop chains (the likes of Apollo Pharmacy).||Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private), State-wise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards, Medical Shop chains (the likes of Apollo Pharmacy), and suchlike.|
|Average Salary||INR 1, 000,000 to 10, 000,00||INR 1, 000,000 to 10, 000,00|
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Jobs Profiles
|Job Roles||Descriptions||Average Salary|
|Pharmaceutical Operator||Pharmaceutical Operators produce pharmaceutical components and products by setting-up, operating, cleaning, and maintaining equipment, following aseptic procedures.||INR 1,80,000|
|Pharmaceutical Sales Representative||Pharmacy Sales Reps act as the key link between an organization and healthcare professionals, aiming at meeting sales targets. Their task is to increase the visibility and awareness of an organization’s pharmaceutical and medical products and maximize sales growth||INR 2,43,000|
|Healthcare Specialist||Health Insurance Specialists carry out many different responsibilities, including reviewing patient records and using medical coding procedures. They examine medical claims and verify insurance eligibility, and record any medical charges and other payments or adjustments.||INR 4,67,000|
BPharm Pharmaceutics salary in India may range up to 6 Lakhs depending upon the jobs after BPharm Pharmaceutics. However, the salary specifications may vary based on government and private sectors and different industries.
For example the average BPharm Pharmaceutics salary in Mumbai may differ by a certain percentage from that of Tamil Nadu. Similarly, there will be variations in salary obtained by an employee having 5 years of work experience with the one who is a fresher.
Top BPharm Pharmaceutics Recruiting Companies are:
- Reddy’s Laboratories
- Sun Pharmaceutical Ltd
- Aurobindo Pharma.
- Zydus Cadila
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Intas Pharma
BPharm Pharmaceutics: Future Scope
After pursuing BPharm Pharmaceutics, one has a wide range of job opportunities and career options in the field.
The candidates can work in both the private and public sectors.
- The students can work as Pharmacists in a private hospital or work as a Pharmaceutical company. You can also start your consultancies and medical shops.
- You can work as a Drug Inspector, Quality Control and production, Pharmaceutical Marketing.
- You can open your medical clinic or store.
- In terms of Higher Education, you can also go for post-graduation courses after your completion of BPharm Pharmaceutics like MPharm and their specializations such as Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Analysis.
See Also: Top MPharm Colleges in India
BPharm Pharmaceutics: FAQs
Ques.What type of questions would be there in the entrance exam of BPharm Pharmaceutics?
Ans.The type of questions would be related to the Sciences stream of the state board along with the respective course-related topics.
Ques. What is the scope for MPharm in Pharmaceutics after BPharm course?
Ans.There is a lot of scope for MPharm in Pharmaceutics as there are many job opportunities for this post. Unlike pharmacology MPharm in Pharmaceutics has high scope. But if you are not interested in pursuing it then you can go for an MBA. After BPharm you can go overseas and pursue MS but for that, you need to appear for GRE and TOEFL.
Ques.Is MPharm in Pharmaceutics valuable in India after BPharm?
Ans.Yes, compared to the US and other countries where Pharmacology is well established. But in India M.Pharm in pharmaceutics is most valuable and it has a clear scope and deals with all subjects such as F&D Production etc.
Ques.Is it possible to study BPharm Pharmaceutics via correspondence?
Ans.As per the Pharmacy Council of India. B. Pharma programs are only followed by the regular mode.
Ques.What are the employment areas for the candidates who pursue b.pharm Pharmaceutics?
Ans.Well, successful candidates after graduation gain employment areas across the field of biotechnology, drug development, research facilities, and pharmaceutical companies.