B.Pharma in Pharmacology is a four-year undergraduate course in the field of Pharmacy and Medicine. Pharmacology mainly consists of two main branches which include pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
The eligibility criteria for the admission to B.Pharm Pharmacology course is to have at least 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects.
Admission to B.Pharm Pharmacology is granted through both merit and entrance exam. The most common entrance exams held for admission to B.Pharm Pharmacology are.
B.Pharm Pharmacology syllabus includes Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Pathophysiology, Human Physiology and Anatomy, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy and many other related subjects.
After B.Pharm Pharmacology, candidates can work in various pharmaceuticals and medicinal firms as Clinical Research, Drug Inspector, Microbiologists, Quality Assurance, Scientific Control, Sales and Marketing Executive, Community Pharmacist, etc.
The average salary package offered to a B.Pharm Pharmacology graduate is between INR 5,00,000- INR 6,50,000 LPA.
After B.Pharm Pharmacology, candidates can go for Masters in Pharmacy for further studies.
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelors in Pharmacy in Pharmacology|
|Eligibility||50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English from a recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam/Merit Basis|
|Course Fee||INR 9,000-INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000- INR 9,00,000|
|Top Job Positions||Researcher, Professor, Biomedical Scientist, Clinical Research Associate, Pharmacologist, Medicinal Chemist, Clinical Scientist|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Cipla, Reddy’s Laboratory, Lupin, Zydus Cadila, Glenmark, Aurobindo Pharma|
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Admission Process
Candidates can get admission into the BPharm Pharmacology based on entrance examination conducted by the various universities and based on merit prepared on the last qualifying examination.
- Appear for the Entrance Examination: Candidates can appear for the entrance examination or fill the common application form for the Institute in which they are seeking admission. If the selection is based on a merit basis, then the merit list will be prepared for it. As per the list released by the concerned statutory body, candidates get to appear for the counselling process. For the entrance examination, candidates meeting valid scores can appear for the counselling process.
- Counselling process and Seat Allotment: Candidates can appear for the counselling process and can get the seat as per the cutoff of the particular category of the candidate.
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates need to have at least 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English from a recognized board or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have valid scores in the entrance examination/merit list for admission into the BPharm Pharmacology course.
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Entrance Exams
The exam syllabus usually consists of the sections from the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics of class 11 and 12 standards. Some entrance exams consist of the syllabus from the topics of General Knowledge and General English section.
Some of the top listed entrance exams for admission into the BPharm Pharmacology) are mentioned below:
- PUCET UG: Panjab University Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission into UG programs including BPharma Pharmacology. The questions are covered from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology of higher secondary level.
- BHU UET: BHU UET is conducted once a year for admission into the Undergraduate programs including Bachelors in Pharmacy. The questions are asked from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English and from the General Knowledge section.
- BITSAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science admission test is conducted for admission into the various undergraduate programs including Bachelors in Pharmacy. There are a total of 150 questions asked in the BITSAT. It is a computer-based examination and the exam duration is three hours.
The detailed information regarding popular entrance exams along with information is tabulated below:
B.Pharm Pharmacology: What is it About?
B.Pharma in Pharmacology is an extensive field and holds a lot more skills and knowledge for the students. Various aspects of studying B.Pharma Pharmacology are mentioned below:
- B.Pharm Pharmacology includes the study of drug action, physiological or biochemical and its effect on the body.
- It includes the action of drugs, various mechanisms and processes involved in the drug to be dissolved in the body.
- It helps to know the kind of medicine or drug is taken and helps them to identify as man-made, natural or endogenous.
- Pharmacology involves drug compositions and their synthesis. Along with it, drug modelling, molecular and cellular mechanisms and antipathogenic capabilities are all an important segment of the Pharmacology branch.
- Pharmacology elucidates the cellular and organizational functions associated with and related to these drug chemicals.
- Pharmacology is associated with its main disciplines which include systems of the body, clinical practice and drug discovery.
- Pharmacology is generally linked with Pharmacy which is a completely different branch from the latter. Pharmacy includes application of the principles learned from the aspects of Pharmacology and is a health service profession. Pharmacology includes the drug discovery and chemical associated and their physiological, biochemical and biological aspects.
Why Study B.Pharm Pharmacology?
B.Pharma Pharmacology is an excellent course option upon completion of the Higher Secondary Examination. The course is perfect for those who are interested and passionate to know about the various drugs, their making and formulation processing.
Some of the points for pursuing BPharm Pharmacology are mentioned below:
- As the Pharma industry has reached its peak, Pharmacology is emerging as an excellent branch as one gets to know the action and mechanism of drugs in the body and can further make new formulations and research.
- Candidates will learn the new principles involved in the dissolving of drugs and can further use this to make new better drugs for the particular disease.
- It not only focuses on medicine but elaborates on all the compounds or elements added in the making of a particular drug and side effects associated with them.
- The course has many job positions in the industries as well as in the research and clinical field.
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Top Colleges
Below tabulation depicts the various top colleges for admission into the BPharm Pharmacology course and information related to it:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi||INR 2,80,000|
|University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh||INR 23,000|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||INR 3,24,000|
|BITS, Pilani||INR 3,00,000|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal||INR 2,00,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty||INR 1,60,000|
|Annamalai University, Annamalainagar||INR 25,000|
B.Pharm Pharmacology: College Comparison
The detailed information and college comparison on various parameters are tabulated below:
|Parameters||Jamia Hamdard||Panjab University|
|Objective||Promote Research and Education in the field of Medicine and appraising principles behind them.||Focuses more on research-oriented and developing new milestones in the pharmacy field.|
|Annual Course Fees||INR 2,80,000||INR 23,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 4-6 LPA||INR 2-3 LPA|
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Course Syllabus
The detailed information regarding syllabus for the BPharm Pharmacology is mentioned in the table below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||Human Anatomy and Physiology-II|
|Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry||Computer Applications in Pharmacy|
|Remedial Biology/ Mathematics||Environmental Science|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Pharmaceutical Engineering||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-IV|
|Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-III||Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry-I|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Medicinal Chemistry-II||Medicinal Chemistry-III|
|Pharmacology-II||Herbal Drug Technology|
|Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry-II||Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics|
|Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence||Quality Assurance|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Instrumental Method of Analysis||Biostatistics and Research Methodology|
|Industrial Pharmacy-II||Social and Preventive Pharmacy|
|Pharmacy Practice||Pharma Marketing Management|
|Novel Drug Delivery System||Pharmaceutical Regulatory Sciences|
|-||Computer-Aided Drug Design|
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Job Profiles
Bachelors in Pharmacy(Pharmacology) has a wide number of options available for career options. Upon completion of the course, there are many jobs available in the government as well as in the private sectors. There are many job positions available such as clinical scientist, Pharmacist, Biomedical Scientist, Medical Underwriting etc.
- Candidates can further go for pursuing Masters in Pharmacy in Pharmacology or M.S. in Pharmacology and PhD in the said specialisation.
- Candidates can work in various private firms and top medicine and pharmacy industries upon completion of BPharm Pharmacology course.
The various job positions upon completing the BPharm Pharmacology course and job description related to them are tabulated below:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Professor||The job responsibility includes teaching in colleges/universities by various methodologies.||INR 15,00,000|
|Biomedical Scientist||It includes handling various biological samples, diseases, cell and tissue functioning with high computer-aided equipment.||INR 4,00,000|
|Clinical Researcher||It deals with the study of various illnesses and analysis of health. It involves scientific analysis of preventing, diagnosing and treating illnesses.||INR 3,00,000|
|Pharmacologist||It includes the expert study and analysis of drug mechanism and action in the body.||INR 4,00,000|
|Medicinal Chemist||Medicinal Chemists prepare and select appropriate compounds for the evaluation of biological and other compounds present.||INR 5,00,000|
How to get admission into a good college for B.Pharm Pharmacology?
Candidates need to keep in mind the following points while joining the college for BPharmacy Pharmacology:
- Candidates need to keep in mind the important dates for the entrance exam, application dates and other important dates for admission.
- Candidates must analyze the previous year's papers of the respective entrance exam to get familiar with the type of questions asked in the entrance exam.
- Solving as many sample papers is an important thing as helping to know the exam pattern of the entrance exam.
- Focus more on the important topics rather than mugging up the whole syllabus.
- Fill the application form correctly as there may be no correction window to correct the mistakes in the filled application form.
- Keep all the important documents needed for admission handy. Failed to show the respective certificates/documents may lead to cancellation of candidature.
B.Pharm Pharmacology: Future Scope
B.Pharmacy Pharmacology has a wide number of options and a lot more scope in the upcoming future. The various aspects of the future scope of BPharmacy Pharmacology are mentioned below:
- Due to the opening of the various industries and pharmaceutical companies, Pharmacology graduates are upcoming with a lot more exposure to the industries and various jobs related to them.
- Upon completion of the graduation, candidates can do further Masters in Pharmacology. Doing post-graduation and doctorate programs in the Pharmacology branch will help to know about the deep information and will enhance and inculcate the habits of researching in the Pharmacology field.
- The various job positions are biomedical scientist, consultants, clinical researcher, pharmacologist, Medicinal Chemist and others as per the interest of the candidates.
BPharm Pharmacology: FAQs
Ques. What is the duration of BPharm Pharmacology course?
Ques. Is there any entrance exam conducted for admission into the BPharm Pharmacology?
Ques. What is the educational qualification required for admission into the BPharm Pharmacology?
Ques. What is the average fees for BPharm Pharmacology courses in Indian Colleges/Universities?
Ques. What are some of the top companies where a candidate can pursue a job upon completion of BPharm Pharmacology?
The job position can vary from one industry to the other.
Ques. What is the average salary package upon completion of the BPharm Pharmacology?