The B Pharma Admissions in India are mostly done based on entrance exams. There are many national levels, state level and university level entrance exams conducted all over India for the B Pharma admission including NEET. However, there are some universities like Amity University that offer admission to the B.Pharma course based on merit. A candidate must be from the Science stream to take admission to this course.
- The duration of B Pharma course is 4 years and is available both in the semester as well as annual schemes in India.
- For appearing for these entrance exams, the candidates should satisfy some basic eligibility criteria.
- Based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exams, a merit list will be released by the state or university through which the B Pharma admissions take place.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharma) is an undergraduate (UG) program which allows a student to learn about drugs, its composition, effects, etc. and obtain a degree in the pharmacy field. Candidates with B Pharma degree can pursue a career in different roles like pharmacist, patient counselling, etc. But most of the graduates prefer to own pharmacy stores on their own. Candidates with a Master degree have an additional option to become a lecturer in college, drug information specialist, etc.
B Pharma Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to get the B Pharma admission.
- Candidates applying for B Pharma must have passed class 12 in school from a recognized board of education, as a candidate is not eligible to apply after completing class 10.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45 - 50% of total marks in class 12. The minimum percentage may vary depending upon the university or institution.
- Candidates applying for B Pharma must at least have a minimum age of 17 years at the time of applying.
Read more about B Pharma Jobs
B Pharma Admission through Entrance Exams
B Pharma admission in India is mostly done on the basis of entrance exams. There are several state level and university level entrance exams available in India specially for the pharmaceutical courses. Some of the top B Pharma entrance exams conducted in India are:
Other details like registration date, exam date, conducting body and mode of exam for all the above entrance exams are discussed briefly in the below section:
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Date||Conducting Body||Mode of Exam|
|GPAT||23 December 2020 to 22 January 2021||22 / 27 February 2021||National Testing Agency||Online|
|UPSEE||TBA||TBA||Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh||Online and Offline depending upon the paper|
|KCET||February 1 - March 20, 2020||July 30 - August 1, 2020||Karnataka Examination Authority||Offline|
|MET||December 11, 2020||May 2021 (Tentative)||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Online|
|AP EAMCET||TBA||TBA||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||Online|
|WBJEE||February 2021 (Tentative)||May 2021 (Tentative)||WBJEE Board||Offline|
|NEET||February 2021 (Tentative)||May 2021 (Tentative)||National Testing Agency||Offline|
|BITSAT||February 2021 (Tentative)||May 2021 (Tentative)||BITS Pilani||Online|
|MHT-CET||February 2021 (Tentative)||May 2021 (Tentative)||Government of Maharashtra||Online|
|KEAM||February 2021(Tentative)||April 2021 (Tentative)||Government of Kerala||Offline|
|OJEE||February 2021(Tentative)||May 2021 (Tentative)||OJEE Board||Online|
|GUJCET||Last week of March 2021 (Tentative)||2nd week of May 2021 (Tentative)||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board||Offline|
Top B Pharma Colleges in India
Some of the top Pharma Colleges in India offering B Pharma courses are mentioned here along with the average fees.
|University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh||INR 13,482|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||INR 85,350|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Udagamandalam||INR 1,44,500|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal||INR 2,85,000|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi||INR 2,57,000|
|Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai||INR 41,320|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi||INR 84,981|
|Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune||INR 1,02,000|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi||INR 37,885|
|Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore||INR 14,030|
B Pharma Admission Procedure 2021
B Pharma admission procedure in some of the top pharma colleges in India is discussed here.
B Pharma Admission Procedure in Madras Medical College, Chennai
- B Pharma Admission in Madras Medical College is done through NEET entrance exam.
- The candidates must score the required cut off marks in NEET entrance exam.
- In addition to this, the candidates applying for the B Pharma Admission in Madras Medical College must have scored 45 % of total marks in class 12.
- And candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects in class 12.
B Pharma Admission Procedure in Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Visakhapatnam
- B Pharma Admission in Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is done based on the score obtained in NEET entrance exam.
- But before appearing for NEET entrance exam, candidates must fulfill the basic eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
B Pharma Admission Procedure in Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Admissions to the B Pharma course are done only through MHT - CET 2020 entrance examination.
- Students can register for MHT - CET examination through the official online website of Maharashtra government.
- Then students can fill the online application form by registering in the official website of Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai.
- Admissions are done through the scores obtained by the candidates in MHT - CET entrance exam.
B Pharma Admission Procedure in Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Admissions to B Pharma in Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences are done through Manipal Entrance Test (MET).
- Students can apply online by registering through the official website of Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Based on the marks scored by the students in the entrance exam, they are admitted to the B Pharma.
B Pharma Admission Procedure in Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Admission process in Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi is done based on the NEET UG or JEE Main score.
- A merit list prepared on the basis of NEET UG or JEE Main scores.
- Candidates who scored a minimum 60% of total marks in the entrance exam are admitted to the B Pharma course.
B Pharma Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques. Is B Pharma better than B Sc?
Ans. B Pharma is a professional program in the pharmaceutical sector and B Sc is a general science program. Both the courses are good in their own ways and the thought of one is a better program varies based on one’s own interest in the field.
Ques. How is B Pharma at BITS Pilani?
Ans. The lab infrastructure in BITS Pilani is very good, the faculty members in the Pharma department are also very talented and experienced persons. The overall experience of B Pharma at BITS Pilani is good.
Ques. Can I enter into clinical research after completing B Pharma?
Ans. India is one of the preferred countries for performing clinical research. Statistics indicate that the clinical trial business of India has grown to 10% of the US in 2018 and due to this clinical industries will require about 50,000 clinical research professionals. Hence it will be of good scope for entering into clinical research after completing B Pharma.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for B-Pharma?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for B-Pharma is that the candidates must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology in class 12 and must have obtained a minimum of 45 - 50% of total marks. The minimum percentage may vary depending upon the university or institution.
Ques. What is the cutoff score for B Pharma course at Manipal?
Ans. The cutoff score for B Pharma course at Manipal is around 100 out of the total 200 marks in the entrance exams.
Ques. What are the documents required for B Pharma admission?
Ans. Documents like 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet, NEET marksheet or any other entrance exam score card, community certificate, school transfer certificate, passport size photo are required for the B Pharma admission.
Ques. Is the starting salary for B Pharma and M Pharma same?
Ans. No, starting salary after B Pharma and M Pharma are not the same, as the starting salary after B Pharma ranges from approximately 1.3 to 1.5 LPA and the starting salary after M Pharma ranges from approximately 1.7 to 2.2 LPA.
Ques. Is there a B Pharma admission in West Bengal without the WBJEE?
Ans. Most of the colleges in West Bengal perform B Pharma admission based on the WBJEE score only. Other than this, if a candidate wishes to get admission without appearing for WBJEE then he or she can go for the management quota.
Ques. Can I do B Pharma after completing Diploma in Pharmacy?
Ans. Yes, candidates who completed Diploma in Pharmacy can directly apply for the lateral entry B Pharma admission from second year onwards.
B Pharma Admissions in India are mostly done based on entrance exa