BSc Animation and Visual Effects provides complete knowledge of 2D Classical & Digital, 3D Animation & Visual Effects. The course covers the fundamentals of 2D classical, art and design, and digital animation, working with all professional animation software. It covers all the elements of 3D Animation so that the student becomes capable of developing 3D short films.
See More: Animation courses
Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of the country are eligible for admission into this course.
Almost all the top engineering institutes in the country admit students on the basis of merit lists or university-based entrance exams. There is also a counseling round held after qualifying the entrance examinations.
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Animation and Visual Effects)|
|Examination type||Semester wise/ Year Wise exams|
|Eligibility||Sr. Secondary (10+2) with minimum 50% marks.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 to 5 Lacs per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 3.2 to 20 lacs per annum|
|Job Positions||2D/3D Animator, Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Designer, Multimedia Programmer, Compositor, 2D/3D Designer, Visualizer, AV Editor, Content Developer, Technical Trainer, Pre & Post-Production Executive|
|Top recruiters||Pentamedia Graphics, Maya Entertainment, Toonz Animation India, UTV Toonz, Heart Entertainment, Nipuna Services, Padmalaya Telefilms, Jadoo Works, Crest Communications, Silverton Studio, Buena Vista International (India), Reliance Mediaworks, Future Thought Productions, Tata Elxsi Limited, Prana Studios Pvt. Ltd., etc|
|Top recruiting areas||Motion Picture Production, Television Broadcast Production Advertising Medical Animation, Cartoon Animation, Architectural Designs, Interior Designing, Automobile Designing, Fashion Product and accessory Designs,Video Gaming.|
Do I qualify for BSc Animation and Visual Effects eligibility Criteria?
|For National students||
What is the BSc Animation and Visual Effects Admission Process
Admissions in Bachelor courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
- Candidates who are willing to get admission in this stream can apply to BSc Animation and Visual Effects colleges by both offline and online means.
- You can either reach the official website of the institute or to this step admission office of the institute to fill the admission application form.
- Fill the application form required and upload all the necessary documents which are asked in the form.
- After completion of the process of application, go for counselling round and attend the personal interview round to get your desired college.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
- Students have to be aware of the release date of the registration form.
- Fill the form on time with the fees (if required).
- The registration form will be filled online via college websites.
- After registration, an admit card will be released by them with the examination date and venue.
- You have to attempt the exam and after that result, the date will be releases
- They release dates for documents verification. The documents include your mark sheets of 10th and 12th class with the photographs and certificates like migration certificate, provisional certificate.
- Submit tuition fees on time to avoid loss of good of the college.
What are the top BSc Animation and Visual Effects Entrance Exams?
Some of the top entrance tests conducted for admission to Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Animation and Visual Effects) in India are:
- AICET: All India Common Entrance Test: It is the entrance exam for Fashion, School of Advertising & Graphic Design as well as School of Media & Mass Communication.
- IIT JEE: IIT Joint Entrance Examination: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance assessment conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It constitutes two different examinations: the JEE Main and the JEE Advanced.
- JNUEEE: Engineering Entrance Exam: JNUEEE is a national-level exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University. Candidates who want to take admission in UG and PG courses from JNU, need to clear the JNUEEE 2021 exam.
- CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) : The Central Universities Common Entrance Test is an all-India test being organized for admission to various Integrated/Under-Graduate, Post Graduate, and Research Programmes in several Central Universities and State Universities of India.
|Examination||Application Date||Date of exam||Mode of exam|
|All India Common Entrance Test||April 2021||June 2021||Online|
|IIT Joint Entrance Examination||December 2020||February 23 to 26||Online|
|JNU Engineering Entrance Exam||March 1, 2021||May 15, 2021||Online|
|Central Universities Common Entrance Test||The second week of March 2021||The third week of May 2021||Online|
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Divide your schedule: Studying without a deadline isn’t something that candidates can afford, therefore they must assign their days to certain topics and finish them within the deadline.
- Keep your resources limited: It is a must for candidates to remain focused and having too many resources will only alleviate the stress. Therefore, they must research well and shortlist some resources for the study plan and stick to it. Remember, Candidates can’t cover everything from everywhere, therefore keep it simple and accurate.
- Revision is the Key: Candidates should not keep revision for the last minute. They should keep revision sessions for regular intervals. They should make some crisp notes for the last minute reading and avoid unnecessary panic before the exam.
Why should you do BSc Animation and Visual Effects?
- The animation industry is growing at a rapid pace and in the digital world, many organizations and production houses are searching for talented animators, designers, creative artists as the world is technologically developing.
- The course is beneficial to equip the students with the latest skills and methodologies in the field of Animation and Visual Effects. The program also offers the students a firm ground for developing good communication skills.
- The course also enhances the creativity of the students. It is considered one of the most ambitious courses. This program helps the students in making a career in various sectors of the media.
- The animation industry is huge not just in India, but also globally. Therefore, animation artists have a great career in India and abroad. Animation is an attractive profession where the creative skills of a person take center stage.
- After completing your Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Animation and Visual Effects) degree, you can either start working or you can study further in order to enhance your knowledge and skills.
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Course Advantages
Bachelor of Science in Animation and Visual Effects is known as B. Sc. (Animation and Visual Effects). B. Sc. (Animation and Visual Effects) is a 3-year course.
- The type, of course, is under graduation. This course deals in 2d-3D animation, sound editing, visual effects, production processes, Visual Effects.
- Students learn about creating a film digitally or traditionally.
- They understand animation using computer animation technology.
- The course involves basic theory and drawing skills with concepts behind animation.
- You will learn stretch, squash, keyframing while creating your own short animation theory.
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Course Comparison
Students must compare their course before admission. Here he comparison has been made on some factors like its description, admission process, eligibility, average fee structure, salary packages, and companies recruiting students.
|Course comparison||Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Animation and Visual Effects)||BSc Animation and Multimedia|
|Duration||3 Year||3 Year|
|Focus Area||The course offers advanced learning in 2D and 3D animation, visual effects, CGI technology, and more.||The course imparts in-depth knowledge on Visualization, Animation, multimedia, and more.|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent examinations with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of the country||10+2 or equivalent examinations with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of the country|
|Merit-Based. Entrance Exam for some cases||Merit-Based. Entrance Exam for some cases|
|Average Course Fees||15,000 to 1 lakh per annum||INR 10,000- INR 5,00,000|
|Job Options||Web Designer, Visualizer, 2D/3D Animator, Game Developer, Multimedia Programmer, Graphic Designer, 3D Modeler, etc.||Software Developer, Animation Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Art Director, Graphic Designer, Game Developer, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||News and Media, University, Production Houses, News and Media, TV Channels, x IT Companies, Creative Firms, etc.||Educational Institutes, IT firms, Media, Advertising, TV Channels, Creative Production Houses, the Tourism industry, Private Consultancies, etc.|
|Average Fees||INR 1,50,000- INR 5,00,000||INR 1,00,000- INR 5,00,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2,50,000- INR 4,00,000||INR 1,00,000- INR 2,50,000|
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Name of the College||Average fees|
|MIT Institute of Design, MIT Art, Design and Technology University||INR 17.65 Lakh|
|Chandigarh University||INR 3.94 Lakh|
|Quantum University||INR 2.41 Lakh|
|United world Institute of Design||INR 7- INR 8 lakh|
|Sai Nath University||INR 2.3 Lakh|
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: College Comparison
Students must compare their college before admission. Here the comparison has been made on some factors like its description, ranking, average fee structure, salary packages, and companies recruiting students.
|College/Institute name||VIT University||Birla institute of technology, Mesra||Amity University|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||Ranchi, Jharkhand||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Overview||Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University often considered one of the best technical universities in India was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards.||Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) is a Private Institute located in Mesra, Ranchi, and was established in 1955. BIT Mesra is Deemed to be the University.||Amity University was established in 1986. It is one of the best universities in India.|
|Fee Range||INR 2.93 Lakh||INR 2.5 Lakh||INR 2.46 Lakh|
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Tips to get Best College
To get admission into a good college one needs to ensure to have scored more than 90% at the Intermediate level. Apart from this, most of the institutes provide admission to the course on the basis of entrance examinations, hence preparing well for the entrance exams is a must for an aspirant to get the best college.
Note: Before shortlisting and selecting colleges finally, they must ensure to check the placement rate of the college, method of course delivery, admission system, and the financial aid offered there.
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Syllabus
A typical BSc Animation and Visual Effects syllabus is written below –
The syllabus for the course Bachelor of Science in Animation and Visual Effects is based on 6 semesters as there are 3 years for graduation.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Fundamentals of art, design and visualization||Still life|
|History of animation||Character Design|
|Principles of design||Background Design|
|Fundamentals of drawing||Color Theory|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Introduction to Computer Graphics||Storyboarding|
|Digital Animation by Flash||Modeling|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Rigging||Compositing with After effect, Fusion and Nuke|
|Lighting||Modelling & Texturing|
|Rendering||Lighting & Rendering|
|3D Animation||Rigging & Animation|
|Dynamics (Particle, Hair and Fur, N–Cloth and N -Dynamics)||Compositing & VFX|
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Recommended Books
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name of The Book||Author|
|Understanding of 3D Animation||John Edgar Park|
|Animation Development||David B Levy|
|Computer Animation||Daniel Thalmann|
|The Art of Fluid Animation||Jos Stam|
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: Job Prospects
After completion of the Undergraduate Degree Program students can get job opportunities/placements in the following segments in industry:- Media and entertainment, Animation Studios, Post Production Houses (PP), Broadcast Houses, game Studios ( Game Art ), Visual Effects (VFX) for Films and Television, Advertisement Industry, Design Visualization, Architectural /Interior/Landscape Designing, Product Designing/Mechanical Visualization/ Industrial designing 11. Medical Visualization, Set Designing/Exhibition Designing, Apparel/ Fashion Designing, Elearning/CBT Designing, Web Designing, Graphic Design, 3D Modeler, Animator, Material & Lighting Artist, Action Scripting Programmer, Virtual Reality Artist, Rigging Artist, Compositor, Editor and VFX Artist.
|Name of the position||Average annual salary|
|2D/3D Animator||INR 4.76 lakhs|
|Graphic Designer||INR 5.43 lakhs|
|Web Designer||INR 3.94 lakhs|
|Multimedia Programmer||INR 3.69 lakhs|
|Game Designer||INR 4.78 lakhs|
|VFX Artist||INR 3.50 lakhs|
Future scope after BSc Animation and Visual Effects
After completing the bachelor of arts (Animation and Visual Effects) course graduates can continue doing their further study and go for a master’s program in (Animation and Visual Effects). It will enhance their language skills and provide more knowledge. Graduates can work in the government sector as well as the private sector.
MSc: If a student wants to continue in the same field of education, the second program of choice is a MSc Animation and Visual Effects. It is a two year duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a BSc Degree in related disciplines.
See Also Top MSc Colleges in India
PhD: If a student wants to continue in the same field of education, the second program of choice is a PhD. It is a three to five year duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a MSc Degree in related disciplines.
See Also Top PhD Colleges in India
BSc Animation and Visual Effects: FAQs
Ques. How to enroll yourself in colleges after the 10+2 examination?
Ans. Students can enroll themselves via filling a registration form after the 10+2 examination. They need to submit registration fees before the last date. The application form can be online and offline.
Ques. Is any university situated in Indore for undergraduates?
Ans. Yes, ANITECH College of Technology and Management is situated in Indore for undergraduates.
Ques. Is an art student enroll in a Bachelor of Science in Animation and Visual Effects?
Ans. Yes, any stream students in 10+2 can enroll for a Bachelor of Science in Animation and Visual Effects.
Ques. Is there any ageing issue while enrolling in college?
Ans. No, there is no issue regarding age while enrolling in college.
Ques. What is the international average salary package of an illustrator?
Ans. The international average salary package of the illustrator is $88,000 to $102,500 respectively.
Ques. What is the annual package of the animation art director?
Ans. The annual package of the animation art director is INR 6.61 lakhs per annum.
Ques. What are the other courses related to Bachelor of Science in Animation and Visual Effects?
Ans. The other courses related to Bachelor of Science in Animation and Visual Effects are B. Sc. in animation and VFX, B. Sc. in animation and visual effects, B. Sc. in animation and graphics.