What is BSc Dialysis?
B.Sc Dialysis is a specialized study of dialysis in the bachelor of Science stream. It is a three-year undergraduate course which studies the artificial process of eliminating waste (diffusion) and unwanted water (ultrafiltration) from the blood. This course is designed to train and produce graduates who are capable of understanding and assisting specialists in the different treatment processes.
During this course students learn about the different medical concepts of the kidney, principles of dialysis, dialysis systems and machines, blood chemistries, etc. The students are trained to use various machines for dialysis help in the treatment of patients during this course. It includes advanced technology and techniques in the dialysis process have evolved opening many new options for those who require frequent dialysis procedures.
The average tuition fee charged for B.Sc. Dialysis courses in India range somewhere between INR 20,000 - INR 3,00,000 varying across institutes and universities.
Here is a list of top colleges offering BSc Dialysis:
|Name of Institute||Admission Procedure||City||Average Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Assam Downtown University||Merit-Based||Assam||INR 1,00,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Baba Farid University of health sciences||Entrance Based||Faridkot||INR 30,000||INR 5,50,00|
|INR 23,280||INR 4,00,000|
|Merit Based||Madurai||INR 40,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Merit-Based||New Delhi||INR 70,000||INR 4,00,000|
Candidates who are interested in learning more about the discipline of dialysis and go for research and development (R&D) can also pursue further higher degree studies like, MSc, MPhil, PhD, etc.
After successful completion of the B.Sc Dialysis course, one can get a job in various government and private hospitals, private clinics, healthcare setups, research centers, educational institutes, etc. where at an initial level they can earn a monthly salary ranging between INR 15,000 and INR 50,000 depending upon candidate’s expertise in the field.
Read more: Top BSc Dialysis Colleges
What is the BSc Dialysis Admission Process?
BSc Dialysis admissions are based on merit based and entrance tests are conducted by various colleges and universities. Below given is the admission process for admission in BSc Dialysis course.
- Candidates must visit either the official website of the specific college/University or the Admission office of the Institute to avail the application forms for admission in the BSc Dialysis course.
- Candidates must fill the application form as directed on the website and upload the required documents in prescribed dimensions.
- After filling the form and submitting the mentioned application fee, the candidate must wait for the merit list or the result by the college/University.
What is Eligibility Criteria for BSc Dialysis?
Students shall meet the following criteria to be eligible to get admission in BSc Dialysis program in the desired college/University.
- Candidates should have passed Intermediate (+2) with Science as the main subject from a recognized educational Board.
- Candidates must have a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the Intermediate level.
How to get Admission in top BSc Dialysis colleges?
To secure Admission in top BSc Dialysis Colleges candidates need to focus on their qualifying exam. Apart from that, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Stay updated with important dates about the admission procedures of the colleges.
- Score a higher grade in the qualifying exam as it plays a major role in your selection criteria.
- Fill out application forms of the respective colleges on time.
- Be prepared for entrance tests if applicable, they can be aptitude tests and tests based on your qualifying exams.
BSc Dialysis: What is it About?
The Bsc Dialysis program focuses on the training and development of healthcare professionals who can make a positive difference in the quality of life of all those who are in need and for the betterment of society.
- BSc Dialysis stands for Bachelors of Science in Dialysis. It provides students an in-depth knowledge to provide specialized care to renal failure patients.
- This course is designed for students who have a keen interest in the different parts of medical treatments and are in the paramedical support team to specialized doctors in Govt and Private sector hospitals.
- It is designed to offer eligible candidates a specialization in a wide range of applications and technologies involved in the process of dialysis.
- The major objective of the BSc Dialysis course is to produce professional technicians who are fully capable of contributing to society by making a huge difference between the life and death of a person suffering from renal failure.
- BSc Dialysis program has a blend of theory, practical and clinical exposure, where theoretical knowledge is rendered through our highly-qualified faculty, and practical experience is delivered with the help of our industry partners.
- Common topics taught in this program are human anatomy and physiology, renal diseases, other relevant diseases, blood chemistry etc.
BSc Dialysis Course Highlights
Below given table gives some overall course highlights about the 3 year BSc Dialysis Program:
|Full form||Bachelor of Science Dialysis|
|Eligibility||Passed Intermediate with Science|
|Average Course Fee||50,000|
|Job position||Dialysis Therapist, Clinical Coordinator, Dialysis Technician, Medical Technician, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Technician, Dialysis Assistant, etc.|
Course Comparison: BSc Dialysis vs BSc Physiology
Bsc Dialysis and BSc Physiology are branches of Science streams.
There are some similarities in these courses but a detailed comparison is done in the below given table on different parameters:
|Parameter||BSc Dialysis||BSc Physiology|
|Full form||Bachelors of Science Dialysis||Bachelors of Science Physiology|
|Overview||Dialysis is the study treatment process and scientific methods to determine how organisms, organ systems, organs, cells, and bio-molecules carry out the chemical or physical function in a living system||BSc Physiology is the study of biological function and the study of human function at the level of whole organisms, tissues, cells, and molecules.|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility||Passed Intermediate with Science||Passed Intermediate with Science|
|Average fee||INR 40,000||INR 30,000|
|Average salary||INR 3,00,000 - 4,00,000||INR 3,00,000 - 4,00,000|
|Job Roles||Dialysis Therapist, Clinical Coordinator, Dialysis Technician, Medical Technician, etc.||Physiotherapists, Sports Physiologists, Clinical exercise physiologists, Research Physiologists, Teachers, etc|
See more: Top Colleges for BSc Physiology
BSc Dialysis Top Colleges
Many Colleges in India offer BSc Dialysis program, we have list few of the top colleges in India offering BSc Dialysis:
|Name of Institute||Admission Procedure||Average Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Adesh University||Merit Based||INR 73,000||INR 4,00,000|
|Ansal University||Merit-Based||INR 2,50,00||INR 3,00,000|
|Assam Downtown University||Merit-Based||INR 1,00,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Baba Farid University of health sciences||Entrance Based||INR 30,000||INR 5,50,00|
|Entrance Based||INR 23,280||INR 4,00,000|
|Merit Based||INR 40,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital||Merit Based||INR 90,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Merit-Based||INR 70,000||INR 4,00,000|
|Merit Based||INR 98,500||INR 2,30,000|
|Merit Based||INR 2,87,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Merit Based||INR 1,26,000||INR 4,00,000|
PhD Operation Management College Comparison
Christian Medical College, Vellore
|Ansal University, Gurgaon|
|Overview||Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore, was established in the year of 1918 with the purpose to train dedicated professionals to run, manage and provide health care in the spirit of Christ through the mission hospitals around the country.||Ansal University is a private university, situated in Gurgaon offering Diploma/UG/PG and Doctoral programs in the area of Architecture, Design, Law, Management, Hospitality, Engineering,|
|Annual Fee||INR 23,280||INR 2,50,000|
|Average Placement package||INR 5,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|Placement Areas||Government Hospitals and Private Hospitals like Fortis, Medanta, Apollo, etc, Dialysis Clinics, Medical Laboratories, etc.||Government Hospitals and Private Hospitals like Fortis, Medanta, Apollo, etc, Dialysis Clinics, Medical Laboratories, etc.|
BSc Dialysis Distance Education
Bachelors of Science Dialysis is not available in India through distance education mode. However, IGNOU offers a Postdoctoral Certificate in Dialysis Medicine. The eligibility for this course is MD Medicine/Pediatrics (other Relevant PG medical qualifications will only be considered in case less number of applications are received fulfilling the mentioned criteria).
BSc Dialysis Syllabus
As per the curriculum followed by institutions in India, all graduates are required to do an one-year experience through an internship. It also includes training in subjects such as Human Anatomy, Renal Diseases, Renal Transplantation, etc, to provide an all-round training in the field of dialysis. Here is a year wise syllabus:
|History and Types of Dialysis||Principles of Dialysis|
|Physiology and Anatomy of Human Kidney||Basic Human Anatomy|
|Vascular Access for Dialysis||Haemodialysis Machine|
|Medical Terminologies||Concepts of Dialysis and Nutrition|
|Dialysis Technology with Pharmacology||Applied Anatomy of Dialysis Therapy|
|Applied Physiology of Dialysis Therapy||Sterile Techniques of Dialysis|
|Complications in Dialysis||Management of Complications|
|Safety and Sanitation||Microbiology and Pathology|
|Applied Microbiology of Dialysis Therapy||Applied Pathology of Dialysis Therapy|
|Dialysis Equipment and System||Final Projects|
BSc Dialysis Jobs
Graduates of a B.Sc. Dialysis Technology has numerous job opportunities not only in India but globally all over the world. The initial salary of a BSc Dialysis graduate can fall anywhere between INR 2,00,000 and INR 6,00,000. However, here is a list of job profiles and areas of employment, which can be chosen by a prospective B.Sc Dialysis graduate.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Dialysis Technician||Dialysis technicians are also known as Hemodialysis technicians, working together with a doctor or nurse to provide patient care to people with permanent kidney failure (end-stage renal disease)||INR 6,00,000|
|Nephrologist||A nephrologist is a professional medical doctor who specializes in kidney care and treating diseases of the kidneys. They are educated in internal medicine and then undergo more training to specialize in treating patients with kidney diseases.||INR 5,00,000|
|Dialysis Therapist||Dialysis Technicians are medical professionals trained in the operation of a dialysis machine. Their primary duties include monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment and ensuring usage of the machine is safe and secure and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required.||INR 4,00,000|
|Dialysis Assistant||Dialysis Assistant is responsible for operating dialysis machines, which are designed to filter waste, excess water, and salt from a person's body. These elements in the blood cause kidneys to fail and become damaged. Dialysis assistants help patients before, during, and after dialysis treatments along with the technician.||INR 3,00,000|
|Medical Laboratory Assistant||Laboratory Assistants work with scientists and researchers, assisting during lab tests and various experiments. They set up and prepare the experiments, and when the tests are completed they clean and maintain the lab for further uses.||INR 4,00,000|
|Medical technicians||Medical technicians collect blood and other samples from the patient for the purpose of analyzing them for disease and other issues. They use sophisticated equipment and often work in several areas of a clinical lab.||INR 4,00,000|
BSc Dialysis Future Scope
Students have a brilliant opportunity to enter the medical industry like different paramedical and medical courses. Skilled and qualified Dialysis graduates are lacking in the industry, which can be solved by graduating from the course. Other than seeking for a job, one can also opt for a career in teaching or can pursue higher degree courses in the discipline.
- After successful completion of the course, candidates can find a job in various government and private hospitals, and in areas like Outpatient Clinics, Freestanding Dialysis Centres, Research and Educational Institutes, which like most other careers is expected to grow with increasing time, expertise along with experience in the field.
- Students can go for Masters and Doctorate to gain an in-depth analysis of dialysis. They can also go abroad and work under international organizations and hospitals. The current medical industry has a good demand for dialysis professionals and the job prospects are only expected to grow in the future all over the world. With the help of the knowledge gained while pursuing the course, the candidate will be able to help the patients.
BSc Dialysis FAQs
Ques. What is Dialysis?
Ques. Will a Bsc Dialysis degree make you a doctor?
Ques. How to get admission to BSc Dialysis?
Ques. What is the duration of the Bsc Dialysis course in India?
Ques. How difficult is the Bsc Dialysis course?
Ques. Is there any scope of government jobs after this course?
Ques. Is it risky to become a dialysis technician?
Ques. Is there any scope of this course abroad?