BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021 is based on the entrance exam's score of the students, whereas direct admission depends on the candidate’s marks and cut-off rates. Medical fitness along with the vision test will be conducted as an admission process. The aspirants are required to maintain a degree of fitness which is expected from the College/University to secure admission.
- The minimum B.Sc Nautical Science eligibility criterion is 50% marks in 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics Background.
- Candidates are also expected to maintain Physical fitness to be declared fit as per the standards of M.S Medical Examination Rules and they have to qualify full eyesight test.
- Colour and night blind candidates will not be eligible for admissions.
- Based on the results of the fitness test and application form, the candidates will be called for a counseling session with the counselor for guidance in the program.
- The candidates will be called based on the rank list published by the college/university based on tests and 10+2 scores.
- The average fee to pursue a BSc Nautical Science course is around INR 2 to 7 Lakhs per year.
- MANET and TMI, Pune is the top B.Sc Nautical Science colleges in Pune.
What is BSc Nautical Science?
BSc Nautical Science is the main program for marine operations and nautical navigation. The course gives all the components of marine science and technology that are essential for a student to become the captain of the ship.
- BSc Nautical Science Syllabus includes subjects such as Ship stability, ship operation technology, ship navigation technology, etc which are the fundamentals of maritime operation.
BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021: Entrance Exams Schedule
Here’s a detailed tentative schedule of the BSc Nautical Science 2021 entrance exams:
BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021: National-level Entrance Exams
TMISAT is also known as the Tolani Maritime Institute of Science Aptitude Test. TMI SAT is a national level entrance exam that is conducted for admissions into B. Tech Marine Engineering and B.Sc. Nautical Technology programs.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII PCM subjects and a minimum of 50% marks in English papers either in Class 10 or Class XII.
- Aspirants need to meet the minimum physical fitness and medical standards laid down by the TMI for admission.
- The minimum age limit to satisfy the TMISAT eligibility criteria for aspirants is 17 years and 2 years age relaxation for female candidates.
- Registration Dates: January - February 2021
- Exam Date: May 2021
BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021: University-Level Entrance Exams
IMU CET is a National level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Maritime University for all the candidates of India to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the Maritime University.
Top BSc Nautical Science colleges accepting IMU CET scores of 2021:
- The candidate should be of 17 years as of October 05, 2021, and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Candidates applying for B.Sc. course must have studied and passed examinations in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at plus two levels with a minimum of 60% in aggregate. They would also be required to score a minimum of 50% marks in English at plus two levels.
- The candidates applying in marine courses will be required to produce the medical fitness which should be certified by the Doctors approved by the Director-General of Shipping.
- Registration Dates: April - May 2021
- Exam Date: June 2021
The Cochin University of Science and Technology will conduct the CUSAT CAT entrance exam to seek admission to candidates into various courses such as B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Phil., M.Voc., MCA, B.Sc., M.Sc., B.A.LLB, LLM, and many other programs.
- Candidates are required to pass 10+2 examinations from a recognized board of education with required subjects.
- Aspirants must have scored at least 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates having any backlog in 10+2 are not eligible to apply for this exam.
- Registration Dates: January - February 2021
- Exam Date: April 2021
BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021: List of Top Colleges
Mumbai University, MERI Mumbai, and LBS College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research are the B.Sc Nautical science colleges in Mumbai. Besides these, there are many other colleges/universities as well where admission is based on both entrances and merit. Top BSc Nautical Science colleges in India are listed below.
|College Name||Application Deadline||Final Selection Process|
|Vels Institute of Science Technology & Advanced Studies, Chennai||May 2021||Merit-based|
|Mumbai University, Mumbai||August 2021||Merit-based|
|Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||July 2021||Merit-based|
|Indian Maritime University, Chennai||May 2021||IMU CET|
|Ganpat University, Mehsana||June 2021||Entrance based|
|Academy of Maritime Education and Training University, Chennai||May 2021||Written/ personal Interview/ Medical Examination|
|The Neotia University, Kolkata||June 2021||Performance in Test of TNU Entrance exam|
|Coimbatore Marine College, Tamil Nadu||May 2021||IMU CET and Counseling|
|Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training, Chennai||May 2021||IMU CET, Psychometric Test, Medical Examination, Personal interview|
|Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, Pune||May 2021||MANET CET (PERA) or IMU CET, Personal Interview and Medical Test|
BSc Nautical Science Admission in IGNOU
To get admission in B.Sc Nautical Science in IGNOU candidates have to qualify for the full eyesight test.
|Course Duration||Min - 3 Years
Max - 6 Years
|Course Fees||INR 5,000 Per Semester|
|Eligibility||60% marks in 12th Class with PCM|
How to Take Admission in BSc Nautical Science?
Candidates should follow the points mentioned below to know the BSc Nautical Science application process.
- For every entrance exam, the application process starts with the registration process of the exam.
- The registration asks for few academic and personal details like Contact No. and a valid email id for further contact.
- After registration, the candidate will get a Username and Password that will help them to log in to their individual portal.
- This completes the application procedure and later the admit card is received through the portal before the exam date.
Admission Process for BSc Nautical Science: A Step-wise Guide
- Check the eligibility criteria of an exam you want to apply for.
- Enter the required information in the application form and upload the scanned documents.
- Download the admit card once available on the official portal.
- Appear for the exam and wait for the scorecard or result for the further selection process.
- Only qualified applicants can apply for counseling log in to the portal for downloading the counseling letter after the release of the merit list.
- Through the counseling letter, the candidate will get the information regarding the fees details and seat allocation details.
- And based on their total performance of entrance, the interview merit list is created for final allocation and further admission process.
- Candidates need to visit the venue during the correct time period for the admission process.
- After final payment of the course, the admission is confirmed.
BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021: Tips to Crack the Exam
Some of the most essential course preparation tips are listed below:
- Candidates need to make a timetable and follow it regularly.
- Collect study materials such as books, notes, sample papers, previous year Question papers, and more.
- Next, there are some basic portions which consist of Mathematics for that one needs a clear basic and practice of mathematics till class 10th and English Comprehension, which is added to check the individual’s knowledge of English.
- For English Comprehension, candidates need to have a continued practice of some passages, articles, grammar applications, etc.
- The Question paper will also consist of a section on physics and chemistry.
- And lastly some portion of general awareness. To qualify for this section, applicants should regularly check on their surrounding activities and ongoing activities in the news.
BSc Nautical Science Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques: What is the minimum percentage required for BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: Minimum percentage requirement for B.Sc. Nautical Science is around 60% in aggregate in 10+2 from a recognized Board of education.
Ques: Can BSc Nautical Science Students get a placement facility
Ans: Yes, some of the colleges conduct placement procedures for B.Sc. Nautical Science students like BSc Nautical Science education there were placements in GSI (Geological Survey of India), ONGC, SAIL, Coal India, GMDC (Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation), Government-operated Quarries, etc.
Ques: Is there any University that provides BSc Nautical Science through Merit?
Ans: Yes, there are some Universities like Vels Institute of Science Technology & Advanced Studies, Mumbai University, the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology which provide admission on a merit basis.
Ques: What are job profiles available after BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: After completing the BSc Nautical Science, one can work as a Deck Cadet, Second Officer, Chief Officer, Captain, besides positions such as Marine Engineer, Oceanographer, Radio Officer, Nautical Surveyors, etc
Ques: What is the salary package after BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: The average annual salary offered to successful graduates of the BSc Nautical Science course ranges between INR 6 and 8 Lakhs.
Ques: What is the scope after BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: For those who have completed their studies at the graduate level can go for higher studies, i.e., M.Sc. in Nautical science. Besides this, graduates can opt for postgraduate diplomas and shipping courses online.
Graduates may also get a certification course done in the latest technologies, emerging tools, and languages to stay updated with the skills and knowledge.
Ques: What are the basic eligibility criteria for BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: The students should have passed (10+2) Secondary and Higher secondary from a registered board with a minimum of 50% and Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their compulsory subjects. Along with educational qualifications, medical standards are also an important component in candidates’ assessment. Candidates must have 6/6 eyesight and should not be suffering from any vision impairments like night blindness or color blindness. Also, candidates should be physically fit to apply for the BSc Nautical Science course.
Ques: What is the average fee required to pursue BSc in Nautical Science?
Ans: The average annual course fees of BSc Nautical Science in India ranges between INR 2 and 8 Lakhs for the total duration.
Ques: Name some of the entrance exams conducted for admission to BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: Some of the entrance tests for admission to BSc Nautical Science are IMU CET, CUSAT CAT, TMI SAT, etc.
Ques: What are some of the subjects in BSc Nautical Science?
Ans: BSc Nautical Science Syllabus includes subjects such as Engineering Chemistry, Marine Management & Maritime Commerce, Voyage Plan, Ship Visits Boat Work, etc.