Bachelor of science (Renal Dialysis Technology) or BSc Renal Dialysis Technology is a 3 year undergraduate degree in paramedical sciences.
Aspiring candidates with a 12th (Medical) or equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for this course.
Top colleges such as Jamia Hamdard, JNU New Delhi, and JIPMER offer BSc Renal Dialysis Technology course, admissions to which are done either on the merit of class 12th, or through entrance exams like JEE Main, BITSAT, VITEEE and other university level entrance exams.
The average course fee of BSc Renal Dialysis Technology ranges around INR 20,000 - 3,00,000.
One can also pursue this course via distance education from IGNOU, Symbiosis Pune, Sharda University, Greater Noida.
The course is designed to mould students to administer haemodialysis treatments for patients with renal failure, under the governance of a nurse or physician.
After BSc Renal Dialysis Technology, one can get jobs at top hospitals, and clinics as Clinical Coordinator, Medical Technician, Dialysis Technician, Lecturer, etc. The average starting salary is INR 2 LPA, and with the experience it can reach up to INR 27 LPA.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Course Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)|
|Examination Type||Semester type|
|Eligibility||10 + 12 or equivalent|
|Admission Process||Merit based / Entrance based|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 – 3,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 – 27,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Apollo Hospitals, Max Hospitals, AIIMS Institutes, Metro Hospitals, etc.|
|Job Profiles||Clinical Coordinator, Medical Technician, Dialysis Technician, Lecturer, etc.|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Top Colleges
List of some best colleges offering Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology) are given below:
|Name of the College||Location||Average Annual Fee|
|Manipal University||Karnataka||INR 35,850|
|JSS University||Mysore||INR 33,625|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||Delhi||INR 21,840|
|Jamia Hamdard University||Delhi||INR 2,21,000|
|M. M. M. College of Health Science||Chennai||INR 56,000|
|AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre||Mangalore||INR 24,000|
Bsc Renal Dialysis Technology: Eligibility
Eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Applicants must have passed their class 12th class board examination in the stream of science from a recognized board of education.
- Applicants must have obtained aggregate marks of 45 to50 percent (%) in the certified examination in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics.
- Some universities offer admissions on the basis of the marks obtained in an entrance test, therefore, applicants are required to sit for the specified exam, conducted by the university of their choice.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Admission Process
Admission to Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology) is made possible by any of the following ways:
Entrance based admission
- Admissions via UPESEAT for up to 80% of the seats.
- This mode of admission requires a JEE Mains qualification besides a minimum aggregate score of 60% in at the Higher & Senior Secondary levels (10th and 12th class) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as the main subjects in 12th standard.
- JEE Mains cutoffs are declared after the declaration of the JEE Mains results.
Merit based admission
- Admissions through Merit / JEE Mains Score for up to 20% of the seat.
- This mode of admission requires a minimum aggregate score of 80% at the Higher & Senior Secondary levels (10th and 12th) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as the main subjects.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: How to Apply for Admissions?
Step 1: Candidate has to create the login ID and password.
Step 2: Login through the official portal of the university.
Step 3: Fill all the required details and then upload the required documents. The required documents are given below:
- Scanned 10th class marksheet
- Scanned 12th class marksheet
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Candidate’s signature
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
Step 4: After uploading all the required documents, pay the application fee through debit card / credit card / net banking.
Step 5: Click on the ‘submit button’.
These are the steps which candidates have to follow and are mostly the same in most of the universities.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Entrance Exams
List of some of the major entrance exams are given below:
|NAME OF EXAM||CONDUCTING BODY||DATE OF EXAMINATION|
|JEE Main||National Testing Agency||March 16-18, 2021|
|BITSAT||Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani||June 24- 30, 2021|
|COMEDK||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka||June 20, 2021|
|VITEEE||Vellore Institute of Technology||June 18 – 26, 2021|
|SRMJEEE||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University, Chennai||June 11- 16, 2021|
|UPSEE||Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University||May 2021|
How to prepare for entrance exams?
To prepare for entrance exam some following tips are given below:
- The first and important thing is that you make a time table and stick to it.
- When it comes to engineering entrance exams, more than anything it is necessary that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than mug up things for the papers.
- Make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas which will help at the time of revision.
- Since most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabus from class 11th and 12th becomes the testing ground to check candidates.
- Students must practice the sample paper and previous years question papers.
- The most important of all is time management and it is relevant that all students preparing for any kind of exam must try to learn.
- Make sure that you follow a certain pattern to solve the paper in a way that you are comfortable with.
- Most entrance examinations have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions which students are not sure about.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: How to get admission in a good college?
- Practice to attempt JEE. Take the JEE during your sophomore year. Work out what knowledge and skills you lack and master them for the actual tests.
- Take JEE Subject Tests. Competitive institutions may need you to take some of these exams and they take note of exam results.
- For guidance, ask your school counselor and teachers who know you well.
- If required by colleges, prepare for on-campus interviews.
- Reduce your stress by starting your search for institutions early. This gives you enough time to look for colleges and take necessary exams.
- Make a file folder for each particular college that you are interested in and put relevant information inside of it, for instance, a copy of your application, any materials downloaded from the Internet. Getting into the college of your choice: Be focused on your ultimate goal.
- Get under way assistance from your school counselor and teachers. Don’t feel shy or afraid to ask them questions no matter how simple your questions may seem.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: What is it about?
- Renal Dialysis Technology is a branch of paramedical science which deals with the study of the process of treating and removing excess water, solutes, and toxins from the blood of patients whose kidneys can no longer perform normal functions clearly.
- This is mentioned as Renal Replacement Therapy.
- Renal Dialysis Technology balances specialties like cardiac care technology, respiratory care technology, dialysis technology, imaging sciences technology, clinical medical lab, among others.
- This is a three year undergraduate degree course.
- The course prepares students to administer haemodialysis treatments for patients with renal failure, under the governance of a nurse or physician.
- This course instructs to volunteer the operation of dialysis instruments.
Why Study BSc Renal Dialysis Technology?
- Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology) helps students get detailed understanding of all the aspects of renal dialysis.
- The course syllabus covers all the details of the subject through practical and theoretical classes. The prime equitable of the course is to make qualified and skilled Renal Dialysis Technologists who can deeply understand and provide obstructive measures of a patient's problem.
- The course motive at creating a new propagation of public health professionals, who will have the capacity to understand, gauge, manage and be able to express the legal, regulatory, social and moral needs as emerging health technologies.
- For instance, renal dialysis technology, recombinant vaccines, stem cell technology, card blood banking etc. influence the health and well being of our citizens.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Course Comparison
Course comparison is done between BSc Renal Dialysis Technology and BSc Medical Laboratory Technology on different parameters given below:
|Parameters||BSc Renal Dialysis Technology||BSc Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Course Objective||The course is designed to mould students to administer haemodialysis treatments for patients with renal failure, under the governance of a nurse or physician.||The candidate performs different diagnostic analysis on body fluids, which include, bacteriology, immunologic, chemical, microscopic, etc during the course.|
|Eligibility||10 + 12 or equivalent||50% in 12th standard from any Recognized Education Board|
|Admission Process||Merit Based / Entrance Based||Merit Based / Entrance Based|
|Average Course Fee||INR 20,000 – 3,00,000||INR 10,000 – 4,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Clinical Coordinator, Medical Technician, Dialysis Technician, Lecturer, etc.||Medical Laboratory Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Biochemist, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Dialysis technician, Dialysis supervisor, Dialysis Therapist, Dialysis Assistant, etc.||Hospitals, Military Services, Blood Donor Centers, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 27,00,000||INR 2,00,000 – 6,00,000|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Top Colleges
|Ranking||College Name||Location||Average Course Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|3||Jawaharlal Nehru University||Delhi||INR 22,000||INR 2,00,000 – 25,00,000|
|21||Manipal University||Karnataka||INR 36,000||INR 2,50,000 – 6,00,000|
|67||JIPMER||Pondicherry||INR 18,280||INR 3,89,362|
|121||Jamia Hamdard University||Delhi||INR 1,24,200 - 3,83,400||INR 3,50,000|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: College Comparison
College comparison is done between Jawaharlal Nehru University and Jamia Hamdard University.
|Parameters||Jawaharlal Nehru University||Jamia Hamdard University|
|Objective||They work on agreement for equipment evaluation and training materials for patients and staff.||One of the major motives of B.Sc. Dialysis course is to produce technicians who can assist patients with renal failure and their physical or mental concern.|
|Average Fee||INR 22,000||INR 1,24,200 – 3,83,400|
|Average Placement Offer||INR 2,00,000 – 25,00,000||INR 3,50,000|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Distance Education
The students who are working or doing any business can pursue Bsc renal dialysis technology from distance mode and also they can save their time.
Some of the institutes which provide Bsc renal dialysis technology through distance education are as follows:
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Syllabus
The break - down of syllabus is done on a yearly basis.
|Year I||Year II|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Important Books
Some of the important books along with their Author name are listed below:
|Name of the book||Author|
The Dialysis Handbook for Technicians and Nurses
|Oscar M. Cairoli|
|Basics of Dialysis||Ayesha Mugheer|
|Handbook of Dialysis||Daugirdas|
|Handbook of Bioinformatics||S. G. Sandhu|
|Handbook Medical Laboratory Technology||Talib V. H.|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Job Prospects & Career Options
Dialysis Technicians perform different duties under the administration of nurses and doctors, including recording patient instruction and measuring a patient's vital signs before, during, and after dialysis.
Some of the jobs and their descriptions are given below:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|CLINICAL COORDINATOR||A Clinical coordinator is accountable for organizing and managing the administrative aspects of health services and hospital departments. They work in hospitals, clinics, academic medical programs, etc.||INR 3,80,000 - 4,45,000|
|LECTURER||A Lecturer is accountable for teaching at bachelor and graduate levels in areas assigned by and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department.||INR 3,10,000 - 4,00,000|
|NEPHROLOGIST||A Nephrologist is accountable for collaboration care with physicians in treating conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes that offers to or result from kidney disease.||INR 27,00,000 - 28,23,000|
|DIALYSIS THERAPISTS||A Dialysis Therapist is accountable for furnish dialysis treatment for patients with kidney failure, attaching dialyzer and tubing to the machine and construct it for use.||INR 2,42,000 - 3,44,000|
|DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN||A Dialysis Technician is accountable for control dialysis machines and observe the patients undergoing treatment.||INR 2,40,000 - 3,30,000|
|MEDICAL TECHNICIAN||A Medical Technician performs basic laboratory criteria, such as testing specimens and recording results. These people may peculiar in a field, such as Molecular Biology.||INR 2,06,200 - 3,23,000|
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: Future Scope
- The National Health Mission, the government has started the Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Program in 2016 with the desire of expanding the range of Dialysis services being provided across the country and to also recommend free Dialysis to the economically backward people.
- The momentum leading to increasing the number of clinics and hospitals providing the different types of Renal Dialysis treatment solutions has categorically influenced the number of jobs in the particular sector.
- Renal Dialysis Technicians are the need of the hour as hospitals, clinics, and dialysis centers are engaged skilled technicians straight out of the college.
- Experienced technicians are earning good salaries and have also seen a career trajectory in the rapidly growing allied sciences health industry.
- Renal Dialysis is the absolute alternative that promises an immensely bright career.
BSc Renal Dialysis Technology: FAQs
Ques. What is the scope of Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)?
Ans. Renal Dialysis Technicians are the required of the hour as hospitals, clinics, and dialysis centers are engaged skilled technicians straight out of the college. Experienced technicians are earning good salaries and have also seen a pleasing career trajectory in the rapidly growing allied sciences health industry.
Ques. What are the career options in Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)?
Ans. Renal failure, or kidney diseases, results in the socialization of immoderation of wastes and fluids in the blood that Dialysis Technicians help remove through the surgery of a dialysis machine. Dialysis Technicians must have a deep knowledge of how the dialysis machine functions and communicates with the human body. They are also accountable for cleaning and sterilizing the dialysis machine.
Ques. Is distance education beneficial for a Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)?
Ans. Distance education is the most challenging these days because of the facilities and the benefits they are providing. Distance education has no basis to sit in the class and take any sort of attendance. Online classes facilities are provided by the institutions these days. The students who are working at a place or doing any business or even from other places can continue their education through distance education and also they can save their time as well as can complete their education
Ques. What does Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology) deal with?
Ans. The course motive at creating a new propagate of public health professionals, who will have the capacity to understand, gauge, manage and be able to express the legal, regulatory, social and moral needs as newly emerging health technologies. For instance, renal dialysis technology, recombinant vaccines, stem cell technology, card blood banking etc. influence on the health system of the country.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)?
Ans. Applicants must have passed their class 12th class board examination in the stream of science from a recognized board of education. Applicant must have obtained aggregate marks of 45 to50 percent (%) in the certified examination in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics.
Ques. Admission for Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology) is given only on the entrance score?
Ans. No, admission totally depends upon the universities. Some universities give admission on the merit, some on the entrance and some on the merit as well as entrance.
Ques. Why should a student opt for a Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)?
Ans. The course motive at creating a new propagation of public health professionals, who will have the capacity to understand, gauge, manage and be able to express the legal, regulatory, social and moral needs as emerging health technologies. For instance, renal dialysis technology, recombinant vaccines, stem cell technology, card blood banking etc. influence the health system of the country.
Ques. What are the popular specializations?
Ans. Some of the popular specializations for B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) are Forensic Science , Agronomy , Psychology , Mathematics and Statistics , Forensic Science and so on.
Ques. Do all medical colleges have a Renal Dialysis department?
Ans. No, all medical colleges don’t provide a Renal Dialysis department. The hospitals are having the department of Nephrology they are having the renal dialysis department .Some of the reputed hospitals are having these facilities.
Ques. What is the average salary after completing a Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology)?
Ans. Average salary which is provided after completing Bachelor of Science (Renal Dialysis Technology) is INR 2,00,000 – 27,00,000 per annum.