BSc is a 3 year UG degree course program. It is normally a foundation course which provides detailed knowledge on common subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology etc.
Numerous specializations like Computer Science, IT, Nursing, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Nautical Science, etc. are available in the BSc Course.
BSc Admission 2021 Quick facts
- BSc admission is done through both Merit and Entrance based conducted by various universities across India.
- Top BSc Entrance exams include JET, NPAT, CUCET etc.
- Full time, Part time and Distant BSc are the most common types of BSc pursued in India.
- The basic BSc course eligibility is to have at least 50% in Class XII from any recognized board. Some premier colleges ask for 60% marks.
- The students must have studied core subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at their Higher Secondary level.
BSc Admission Process 2021
BSc Course Admission is done through both merits as well as entrance exams. Most of the colleges do admissions based on merit only (i.e.) based on the marks scored by the candidates in class 12 examinations.
Merit-Based BSc Admission 2021
Top colleges like Miranda House, Hindu College, etc offer DU BSc admissions based on marks obtained in Class XII, as well as on the basis of their cut-off of students in merit lists.
BSc Entrance Exam Based Admission 2021
- National wise, state-wise and institution wise entrance exams are conducted for the admission of BSc courses.
- Some universities like Aligarh Muslim University, Sharda University, Jain University etc. provides admission to the BSc courses through entrance exams.
BSc Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- The basic BSc eligibility criteria are the completion of class 12 in school from a recognized board of education.
- The candidates must have obtained at least 50 - 60% of total marks in class 12 examination.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology in the higher secondary level.
- The minimum age limit for this course is 18 years of age.
BSc Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Dates
BSc Admission is carried out on the basis of entrance exams. There are many national level, state level and institution level entrance exams conducted all over India.
Some of the exam schedules and BSc online form last date 2021 for the top BSc entrance exams in India are given in the below table.
National Level BSc Entrance Exams 2021
Some of the above national level BSc entrance exams are discussed in this section.
- Central Universities Common Entrance Tests (CUCET) is a national level examination that is regulated by ten central universities jointly.
- Admission to the central universities is done through this exam for all types of courses like UG, PG and others.
- The exam is conducted in an offline mode.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours which consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- NPAT is a national level entrance exam that is conducted for the admission of UG degree and Integrated degree programs.
- The entrance exam is conducted by Narsee Monjee University.
- The exam is conducted in an online mode.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
Institution Level BSc Entrance Exams 2021
Some of the above-mentioned institution-level BSc entrance exams are discussed in this section.
- JET is conducted for the admission into the UG and PG courses offered by the Jain University in Bangalore.
- The exam is conducted in both online as well as offline mode.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- SUAT is conducted every year specially for the admission of various courses offered by the Sharda University.
- Courses like BTech, BCA, MCA, BTech, MBA, Law, BA (Hons) & BSc are offered through this exam.
- The exam is conducted as a home based online test that can be written from home itself.
Top BSc Colleges
Some of the top colleges offering BSc course are listed below:
BSc Admission 2021: Syllabus
BSc is a 3 year course program. The year-wise syllabus of some of the popular BSc courses are given in this section.
BSc Mathematics Syllabus
|Numerical methods practical using C||Vector Analysis|
|Probability Theory||Linear programming and optimization|
BSc Physics Syllabus
|Mechanics Lab||Environmental Science|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Waves and Optics|
|Thermal Physics||Digital Systems and Applications|
|Elements of Modern Physics||Analog System and Application|
|Quantum Mechanics and Application||Solid State Physics|
BSc Chemistry Syllabus
|Structure and Bonding in Chemistry||Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry|
|Inorganic Qualitative Analysis||Thermodynamics and Solutions|
|Fundamentals of Spectroscopy and Group Theory||Analytical Chemistry|
|Allied Physics||Allied Mathematics|
|Water Chemistry and Analysis||Food Chemistry and Analysis|
|Molecules of Life||Chemistry of Main Group Elements|
|Gravimetric Analysis and Preparation of Inorganic Chemistry||Industrial Chemistry|
|Polymer Chemistry||Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
|Chemistry of Natural Products||Green Chemistry|
|Organic Synthesis and Heterocyclic Compounds||Electrochemistry, Phase Rule and Colloids|
BSc Computer Science Syllabus
|Basics of Computer Programming||Computer Organization|
|Data Structures||Operating systems|
|Object-oriented Programming||HTML programming|
BSc Zoology Syllabus
|Cell Biology||Animal Physiology|
|Developmental Biology||Computations in Life Sciences|
BSc Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Gather previous year question papers available through the internet.
- Refer to the syllabus of the BSc entrance exam and schedule accordingly.
- Normally BSc Nursing Post Basic entrance exams are conducted across 5 different sections like Reasoning Aptitude, General Knowledge, Mathematics, General English and Science.
- Concentrate more on English and topics related to the specialization you want to pursue in BSc.
- Cover all the topics of the exam at least one month before the commencement of the exam.
- Practice various mock tests available to eliminate the exam pressure.
- Visit the exam centre a day before the exam so as to avoid the last time confusion of searching the exam centre.
- Take a deep sleep before the day of the exam.
- Visit the exam centre earlier by 1 hour to avoid traffic congestion.
- Stay calm on the day of the exam.
BSc Admissions 2021: FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required for BSc admission 2021?
Ans. The documents essential for BSc admission are:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- School Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Entrance Exam Scorecard
Ques. Is the HSC board syllabus enough for BSc admission?
Ans. Yes it is enough as the candidates from any recognized board of education are eligible to apply for BSc admission.
Ques. How to get admission in a BSc course in Andhra University?
Ans. BSc admission in Andhra University is done through a merit based process. However, candidates with entrance exams are also given preference.
Ques. What are the cutoff marks for a BSc admission through CMI?
Ans. The cutoff mark for the BSc admission through CMI is around 67 marks.
Ques. How is the percentage calculated for the admission of BSc courses in DU?
Ans. The percentage for the admission of BSc course in DU is calculated based on the format of PCM/B. P, C, M and B denotes the marks scored in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology respectively.
Ques. What is the minimum percentage of marks required for the BSc admission 2021?
Ans. The minimum percentage of marks required for the BSc admission is about 50 - 60% for the admission into a good institution.
Ques. How many marks are required for the admission into BHU through the BHU-UET entrance exam 2021?
Ans. Around 270 - 300 marks are required for the admission into BHU through the BHU-UET entrance exam.