What is BTech Aerospace Engineering?
BTech Aerospace Engineering is a four-year undergraduate program in engineering. Minimum eligibility criteria for which is qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Also, there are several Entrance exams (such as MHT CET) conducted by the institutes for admission process.
Get complete information about all the BTech Course.
Top institutes offering BTech Aerospace Engineering course are:
|Colleges||Course Fees||Average Placement Salary in LPA|
|IIT, Kharagpur||INR 82,070||INR 4.8 LPA|
|IIT Madras, Chennai||INR 75,116||INR 4.4 LPA|
|IIST, Thiruvananthapuram||INR 96,800||INR 4.6 LPA|
|The Neotia College, Kolkata||INR 1,40,000||INR 3.84 LPA|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 2,30,000||INR 3.36 LPA|
The course fees range between INR 65,000- INR 4,00,000 per year for the total course duration.
BTech Aerospace Engineering is a primary branch of engineering which elaborates about the basic components of an aircraft such as its design and the science behind it. Aerospace engineering opens up a lot of opportunities for the pursuers. They can be employed in governmental organizations such as ISRO, DRDO, HAL, and NAL. Ample job opportunities are available in private sectors too.
The BTech Aerospace Engineering average salary package for freshers ranges between INR 5 LPA to INR 8 LPA.
What is the BTech Aerospace Engineering Admission Process?
Candidates need to appear for the entrance test for admission to various colleges in the country. Few colleges grant merit-based admission as well.
Joint Entrance Examination is conducted in the month of January and May and is conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority. Students who have appeared in JEE main Examination and have qualified with an AIR must apply for the counseling at JOSAA and other colleges.
There are several other examinations conducted by different colleges for granting admission to BTech Aerospace Engineering course. Candidates after getting the eligible ranks are further called for the seat allocation and counseling process.
What is the BTech Aerospace Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
Candidates wishing to seek admission to BTech Aerospace Engineering need to match undermentioned eligibility criteria:
Candidates need to pass 10+2 examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with an aggregate of 60% marks.
Students also need to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IITs between January to May. Students seeking admission to non-IIT colleges will need to apply for the entrance exams.
Which BTech Aerospace Engineering Entrance Exams Are Held in India?
A lot of entrance tests are held in different corners of India for admitting the engineering students. The entrance tests are both state-level as well as national-level. The application forms for the same are mostly released in the month of December.
Here, we have listed a few of the top BTech Aerospace Engineering entrance exams of India:
- JEE Main: The JEE Main examination is the most popular entrance examination for the engineering students of India. Of late, the examination is being held twice a year in the months of January and April.
- JEE Advanced: The JEE Advanced examination is for those students who wish to become a part of the IITs, CFTIs and NITs of India. The JEE Main shortlisted candidates will be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination.
- BITSAT: BITSAT is the admission test conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science. The examination is mostly held in May and the forms are released in January.
- VITEEE: Vellore Institute of Technology conducts an entrance test every year for admitting the students to the various courses offered by the institute.
- WBJEE: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is the state-level examination for the engineering aspirants of West Bengal. The examination is conducted once every year in the month of February.
|Entrance Test||Mode of Examination||Total Time||Date of Application||Date of Examination|
|JEE Main||Online||3 hours||September 2020 and February 2021||January 2021 and April 2021|
|JEE Advanced||Online||3 hours||April 2021||June 2021|
|VITEEE||Online||3 hours||January 2021||April 2021|
|BITSAT||Online||3 hours||January 2021||May 2021|
|WBJEE||Offline||3 hours||October 2020||February 2021|
How to Prepare for The BTech Aerospace Engineering Entrance Tests?
The craze for engineering is an everlasting one. Every year, lakes of candidates aspire to become an engineer. So, if you wish to become a part of a college of your choice, then you must clear the cut-off of the entrance test. Here are a few excellent preparation strategies for you:
- If you are aspiring for the IITs, then you must start off with your preparations as soon as you are done with your class 10 examinations.
- You must be absolutely familiar with the syllabus and the question paper pattern. Otherwise, you will not be able to obtain an excellent score in the examination.
- Numerical type questions are quite important for each and every engineering entrance examination. So, you must give special attention to such questions.
- You must be really strategic about your preparation. There are a lot of students who, in spite of working hard, do not get the desired rank in the test because of poor strategies.
- Practicing questions from previous year’s question papers and sample papers is of primary importance for any Engineering entrance examination.
- A few links to some of the sample papers and previous year’s question papers have been mentioned below:
- Try to stay as calm and relaxed as possible. This is your only way to obtain a very good rank in your entrance. Your attitude will determine what rank you will acquire in the examination.
- Prepare from books published by reputed publishers. Getting hold of the right books will definitely help you out in succeeding in the entrance examination.
How to Get Admission in A Good BTech Aerospace Engineering College?
India is one such country which is teeming with some of the best engineering colleges of the world. So, here are a few things that must be kept in mind if you are looking forward to getting admitted to a good college:
- You must have good marks in your 10+2 examination. There are quite a few colleges that give weightage to the 10+2 percentage for admission to the engineering courses.
- Being really well-prepared for the entrance test is a must. You must start preparing for your engineering entrance tests with sufficient time in hand. Otherwise you will not be able to become a part of the college of your dreams.
- You must take all the necessary steps to prepare well for the entrance tests. Follow the right books and take proper coaching if required. Start off with your preparations at least a year before the date of the entrance test.
- Next, you must find out whether the college you are applying for is good enough or not. Properly check the internet for ratings and review to get a clear idea about what the students have got to say about that particular college.
- You will have to acquire details about the placement scenario of the institute because engineering is mostly about good placements. Your college must have a very good average CTC.
- Also, you need to be extra careful while you are filling up the form for the entrance test. You must minutely go through the guidelines and also take the help of an elder if required.
BTech Aerospace Engineering: What is it About?
Aerospace Engineering deals with aircraft that stay within the atmosphere of earth and also with those that operate outside the earth’s atmosphere. It is an applied discipline of engineering dealing with making, designing, manufacturing, functioning, and maintenance of vehicles such as aircraft, spacecraft, and missiles.
- BTech Aerospace Engineering involves the study and practice of physical science and mathematics to perform research. The core areas of specialization for a team of aerospace engineers include aerodynamics, thermodynamics, control system, propulsion, celestial mechanics, and electronics.
- Study of Aerospace engineering has evolved a great deal in the country with advanced educational facilities offered by a number of institutes offering diploma and degree courses in aerospace engineering.
What is the BTech Aerospace Engineering Syllabus?
|Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Mathematics II|
|Engineering Physics||Economics and Communication Skills|
|Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies||Fluid Mechanics|
|Engineering Mechanics||Basic Thermodynamics|
|Engineering Graphics||Elements of Aeronautics|
|Basic Civil Engineering||Basic Strength of Materials|
|Basic Mechanical Engineering||Basic Strength of Materials Lab|
|Basic Aerospace Engineering||Fluid Mechanics Lab|
|Basic Electronics Engineering & Information Technology||-|
|Aerospace and Civil Workshop||-|
|Engineering Mathematics II||Engineering Mathematics III|
|Economics and Communication Skills||Gas Dynamics|
|Fluid Mechanics||Propulsion I|
|Basic Thermodynamics||Aerodynamics I|
|Elements of Aeronautics||Aircraft Structure I|
|Basic Strength of Materials||Aerospace Technology and Machines|
|Basic Strength of Materials Lab||Structures Lab|
|Fluid Mechanics Lab||Propulsion Lab|
|Engineering Mathematics IV||Avionics|
|Principle of Management||Experimental Aerodynamics|
|Computer of Programming||Aircraft Structure II|
|Flight Dynamics I||Heat Transfer|
|Aerodynamics II||Theory of Vibration|
|Propulsion II||Elective I|
|Wind Tunnel Lab||Heat Engines Lab|
|Propulsion Lab II||Aero Engines lab|
|Computational Fluid Dynamics||Rocket Missiles|
|Experimental Stress Analysis||Introduction to space technology|
|Aircraft Design||Air Transportation and Aircraft maintenance|
|Fight Dynamics II||Elective III|
|Aircraft System and Instrumentation||Elective IV|
|Elective II||Aerodynamics Lab|
|Experimental Stress Analysis Lab||Project|
|Vibration Lab||Viva Voce|
What are the BTech Aerospace Engineering Career Prospects?
BTech. Aerospace Engineering offers candidates some of the most exciting opportunities and jobs in some of the top companies and reputed sectors. With a number of private companies and ventures entering into aerospace technology, the opportunities are getting bigger and better.
This field gives candidates the freedom to become a pilot or an opportunity to roam in space. Following are the job prospects that can be considered by B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering candidates-
- Most of the candidates are hired by ISRO- Indian Space Research Organisation.
- Other Candidates are offered jobs in prestigious departments like-
- National Aeronautical Laboratory
- Civil Aviation Department
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories
- Candidates can also opt for green pastures in a foreign country.
Read about more BTech Courses.
|JOB PROFILE||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE SALARY OFFERED|
|Aerospace Designer||Research, analyze, and create structural engineering specifications using metallic and non-metallic components. Test damage, tolerance, durability, and stability to determine structural configuration.||INR 7 LPA|
|Aircraft Production Manager||Supervising and coordinating efficient aircraft production lines and making sure that the aircrafts are as per industry and safety standards.||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||Reviewing specification and other related data to develop mechanical layouts. They measure physical dimensions for machinery and observe production lines.||INR 3.45 LPA|
|Assistant Technical Officer||Cleaning and maintenance of aseptic units and equipment on daily or weekly or monthly basis.||INR 2.84 LPA|
|Aerospace engineer||Researching ways to make fuel efficient parts and engines. Carrying out ground level testing and estimating project cost with time scales.||INR 7.07 LPA|
What is the Future of a BTech Aerospace Engineering Student?
A BTech Aerospace Engineering student may acquire prestigious jobs in the various Aerospace Engineering sectors. Few of the popular sectors for the BTech Aerospace Engineering students are the energy sector, oil and petroleum sector, power generation sector, engineering consultancy, pharmaceutical sector.
- The candidates may go for higher studies. A lot of engineering students opt for an MTech or an MBA after they complete their BTech course. This is especially meant for those students who wish to remain in the academic field and carry out research activities.
- The BTech Aerospace Engineering students can look for jobs in the government and private companies. They may directly apply for jobs in the private companies after completion of the course. For jobs in government offices, they need to appear for additional examinations like IES or UPSC.
- Some of the most popular job profiles for the BTech Aerospace Engineering engineers are Senior Aerospace Manager, Lecturer, Professor, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and many more.
BTech Aerospace Engineering FAQs
Ques. What is the total duration of the BTech Aerospace Engineering course?
Ans. The total timespan of the full-time BTech Aerospace Engineering course is 4 years.
Ques. What is the cut-off for the IITs for the BTech Aerospace Engineering course?
Ans. There is no such definite cut-off. It varies each year according to the percentile score acquired by the candidates.
Ques. What are Aerospace engineering courses after completing a BTech?
Ans. The most popular course options include MS, MTech and MBA.
Ques. What should I do after my BTech Aerospace Engineering course?
Ans. You can either search for appropriate jobs or pursue higher studies. You can also sit for government examinations.
Ques. How can I get a job after doing BTech in Aerospace engineering??
Ans. You can sit for both on-campus and off-campus placements. You may even sit for competitive examinations.
Ques. What is the condition of jobs in Aerospace engineering in India??
Ans. The Aerospace Engineering sector offers enormous to the students each year. The availability of jobs is also increasing per year.
Ques. Which is the best entrance test for the BTech Aerospace Engineering candidates?
Ans. Some of the popular entrance tests include JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, WBJEE, etc.
Ques. How many marks should I have in 10+2 for a BTech Aerospace Engineering Course?
Ans. You need to have at least 50% marks in your boards with PCM as your main subjects.