What is BTech Industrial Engineering?
BTech in Industrial Engineering is a four year graduate course that imparts crucial knowledge about manufacturing and designing processes of various industrial machinery and tools.
The course consists of 8 semesters spanning four years and an internship opportunity to solidify the learning process of the course program.
Students are required to have an intermediate degree in any related discipline preferably physics chemistry mathematics to gain admission in this course program.
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Indian Institute of Technology New Delhi||Entrance Test||INR 2.25 LPA||INR 2-9 LPA|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani Rajasthan||Entrance Test||INR 4.23 LPA||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||Entrance Test||INR 82,070(first year fees)||INR 2-9 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||Entrance Test||INR 2.22 LPA||INR 2-9 LPA|
|Delhi Technological University New Delhi||Entrance Test||INR 1.66 LPA||INR 2-9 LPA|
After successfully completing this degree students can seek employment with leading Engineering or manufacturing companies such as Wipro, Maruti Udyog, Reliance industries Limited, TCS, Tata,Infosys as well as DRDO, BSNL, ISRO, ONGC.
See More: All About BTech
There are many options after BTech like MTech or MBA Course. Students who prefer to further their studies related to engineering may continue with MTech. MBA is a prudent option for BTech students who want to enter the job market with high salaries.
What is the BTech Industrial Engineering Admission Process?
Students and Aspirants who wish to study this course are required to have an intermediate degree (10+2) in related courses such as physics, chemistry, mathematics with a minimum score of 60-70% to avail admission in this course program. Students are also expected to qualify certain common entrance tests such as JEE Main and Advanced, IIT JAM and BITSAT to gain admission in colleges related to this course.
What is the BTech Industrial Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria of BTech in Industrial Engineering course program is as follows:
- Candidates are expected to have an intermediate degree (10+2) from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Candidates are also required to have a minimum score of 50-70% (Varying for each college) in their prior examinations.
- Candidates are also required to have qualified the common entrance tests associated with this course Program such as IITJAM, BITSAT or JEE MAIN/ADVANCED.
|BE/B.Tech in Delhi-NCR||BE/B.Tech in Maharashtra||BE/B.Tech in Chennai||BE/B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh||BE/B.Tech in Telangana|
Which are the BTech Industrial Engineering Entrance Exams?
BTech in Industrial Engineering has different CET examinations through which students can get admission in their choice of college and institutions.
IIT JAM: Indian Institute of Technology offers admission to potential students who are able to qualify the IIT JAM test. The students are required to ace this exam,which consists of multiple choice questions ranging from Aptitude skills to comprehension as well as analytical and logical reasoning.
JEE MAIN: JEE MAIN is one of the most important exams for engineering students and is organised on a national level for students who wish to enroll for Technical courses. The paper pattern tests the analytical and logical skills of a candidate as well as also consists of questions related to physics and chemistry numerical and mathematics equations.
JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is an exam which is organized nationally as well to avail admission in various technical courses in India. The paper pattern is similar to JEE MAIN and tests the logical, analytical and subject matter knowledge of candidates who wish to study engineering or any other technical based course.
BITSAT: BITSAT is a test organized by Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, to offer admission into their respective courses, the paper pattern has been designed to test the Individual's skills related to logic, reasoning as well as sound knowledge of technical subjects such as physics, chemistry and mathematics.
|Name of the Test||Date of form Issue||Last date of submission||Day of Exam||Announcement of Results|
|IIT JAM||To be notified||To be notified||February 14,2021||March 20,2021|
|JEE Main||December 16,2020||January 16,2020||February 23-26 2021, March 15-18 2021,April 27 – 30, 2021 May 24 – 28, 2021||To be notified|
|JEE Advanced||4th week of may 2021||1st week of June 2021||2nd week of June 2021||4th week of June 2021|
|BITSAT||3rd week of December 2020||2nd week of March 2021||3-4th week of May 2021||3rd week of June 2021|
How to Prepare for the BTech Industrial Engineering Entrance Exams?
BTech in Industrial Engineering is one of the most important courses in the engineering stream,students who wish to avail the benefits of this course are required to qualify certain entrance tests.
- Candidates should make use of a time schedule or time table to manage complex subject matter through timely response and practice.
- Candidates can also take help of the internet and make use of Ebooks and internet study material or tutorials to sharpen their reasoning skills as well as understanding of some complex Numerical or equations.
- Candidates are also expected to practice daily with dedication to score well in the exam and get the college of their choice.
- Candidates are advised to solve the questions via mock test series to understand the paper pattern and also manage the timely submission guideline to save more time and efficiency.
See more: BTech Industrial Engineering Cutoff
How to Get Admission in a Good BTech Industrial Engineering College?
Candidates can follow the guidelines mentioned below to get admission in colleges of their choice and preference.
- Candidates are expected to score well in their entrance tests organized on national and state level to avail admission in top tier colleges. The ranking system has been established and good rank holders are accepted by such colleges and institutions.
- Candidates are expected to practice daily with dedication in order to score good marks in their entrance examinations.
- Candidates are also expected to make use of previous year papers available offline or online to understand the pattern and process of the exam.
- Candidates can also opt for selective studying depending upon their progress and understanding of the subject. However it is advisable to pay attention to all sections of the test.
- Candidates can also make use of mock tests and exams to practice and gain expertise on various topics and lessons.
BTech in Industrial Engineering: What is it About?
BTech in Industrial Engineering is a graduate course program consisting of 8 semesters covering four years of extensive study of manufacturing and designing as well as distribution and other related processes of industrial infrastructure and area.
- Industrial engineering can be defined as the study of the manufacturing process of various industrial machinery and equipment to provide assistance to other industries in making new products and services as well as providing solutions for existing equipment issues.
- The course offers knowledge of various components and systems that regulate the formation of machinery and important industrial tools and equipment through which new products and services can be made available.
- BTech in Industrial Engineering also teaches about how different machinery and tools work in tandem to formulate the same ideology and concepts and employ those resources and ideas to better the existing prospects of industrial output.
- BTech in Industrial Engineering is not just limited to building and formulation but also includes making optimum use of manpower distribution and making use of this valuable resource to add more efficiency in the industry employed.
- The course also includes studying various principles of economics and mathematics to gain more accessible knowledge about how different concepts can be used to form new successful machinery output and content.
BTech Industrial Engineering: Course Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Technology in Industrial Engineering|
|Examination Type||Offline and semester based|
|Eligibility||Intermediate degree in physics chemistry and mathematics|
|Admission Process||Intermediate degree with 50-70% + IIT JAM/BITSAT/JEE MAIN/JEE Advanced|
|Average Fees||INR 1-5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 3-7 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Agencies||TATA (all sectors, Motors, Steel, Communications etc.), Reliance Industries ltd., Maruti Udyog, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, etc.|
|Job Positions||Managers, Engineers, Administration head or executive officers, projects engineers, quality managers, operations head etc.|
Why Study BTech Industrial Engineering?
BTech in Industrial Engineering offers an exceptional career in engineering as well as provides opportunities for diverse exposure via rising designations and stable income packages.
- BTech in Industrial Engineering offers stable career opportunities and benefits including incentives and rewards as well as exposure through rising hierarchical structures and facilities.
- BTech in Industrial Engineering aspirants can also work on managerial levels in prestigious institutions and organizations and can supervise many projects and teams to work in coordination with the guidelines laid by the company.
- Candidates can also work as engineers and actively participate in the making and design as well as development and manufacturing of various machinery and products and earn recognition for the same.
- Candidates can also rise up to the administrative posts after gaining experience in the field through which they can become an authoritative figure and govern major projects and assignments in a company .
Course Comparison: BTech in Industrial Engineering vs. BTech in Information and Communication Technology?
BTech Industrial Engineering and BTech Information and Communication Technology are branch of engineering but some of the differences are listed below:
|Parameters||BTech in Industrial Engineering||BTech in Information and Communication Technology|
|Overview||BTech in Industrial Engineering ensures studying extensively about Development, formulation, manufacturing and designing of various products and services (machinery and equipment,tools) to provide assistance and support to existing companies and organizations||BTech in information and communication technology offers insight on various communication processes related to Manufacturing or communication channels to facilitate IT infrastructure and reforms in that area only.|
|Average Fees||INR 1-6 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-9 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Duration||Four years||Four years|
Which are the Top BTech Industrial Engineering Colleges?
|Name of the College||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||INR 82,070||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology New Delhi||INR 2.2 LPA||INR 2-8 Lakhs|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani||INR 4.23 Lakhs||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||INR 2.22 LPA||INR 2-9 LPA|
|Delhi Technological University New Delhi||INR 1.66 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|College of Engineering Trivandrum||INR 50000||INR 2-7 LPA|
|I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar||INR 80,750||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Vishwakarma Institute of Technology Pune||INR 1,79,379||INR 2-8 LPA|
|APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram||INR 1-3 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|GITAM Hyderabad||INR 2,22,200||INR 2-7 LPA|
BTech Industrial Engineering: College Comparison
|Parameters||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani|
|Overview||IIT Roorkee provides updated curriculum and information as well as practical hands-on assignment and internships for better integration of knowledge with practical experience||Birla Institute of Technology and Science has been emerging as one of the prominent engineering colleges due to its efficient faculty and internship facilities. The placement cell has also been regarded as one of the best among other Engineering Colleges.|
|Average Fees||INR 2-4 LPA||INR 2-4 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-9 LPA||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Top placement companies||Samsung, Microsoft, Infosys, JP Morgan, Uber,||Acko General insurance Credo Life Sciences Symphony AI Aditya Birla Capital Crowdchat Synergiz Global Aditya Birla Group (Hindalco) Cummins Syngene|
What is the BTech Industrial Engineering Syllabus?
|Semester One||Semester Two|
|Introduction to Manufacturing Processes||Programming and Data Structure|
|Electrical Technology||Engineering Drawing and Graphics II|
|Engineering Drawing and Graphics||Electrical Technology II|
|Mechanics||Introduction to Manufacturing Processes II|
|Basic Electronics||Mathematics II|
|Semester Three||Semester Four|
|Engineering Economy, Costing and Accounting||Production Planning and Control I|
|Operations Research I||Operations Research II|
|Information Systems I (With laboratory)||Breadth II|
|Semester Five||Semester Six|
|Quality Design and Control (with Laboratory)||Simulation (with Laboratory)|
|Facility Layout and Design||Management of Inventory Systems|
|Machine Tools and Machining||Casting, Forming and Welding|
|Breadth III (IT)||Elective II|
|Semester Seven||Semester Eight|
|Product Development (with Project)||Optimization and Heuristic Methods (with Project)|
|Elective III||Elective V-VI|
|Elective IV||Project II|
|Industrial Training||Viva Voce|
Which are the BTech Industrial Engineering Recommended Books?
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Controlling Technology: Ethics and the Responsible Engineers, John Wiley & Sons, New York 1994 (2nd Ed)||Stephen H Unger,|
|Engineering Thermodynamics||P.K Chattopadyay, OUP|
|Fundamentals of Strength of Materials||Nag & Chanda, Wiley India|
|Materials & Processes in Manufacturing||E.P.Degarmo and adapted by Black & Kosher, 10th Ed., Wiley India.|
|Text Book on Engineering Drawing||Narayana/ KannaiaH, Scitech|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Kreyszig E, John Wiley and Sons|
What are the BTech Industrial Engineering Job Profiles?
BTech in Industrial Engineering has been one of the most pursued course programs which offers unique work opportunities in both private and public undertakings and organizations.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Quality Manager||Quality Manager are Individuals responsible for making quality assessment of the finished product and see whether the product is made according to the company's standard of output regulations||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Production Manager||Production Managers are also Individuals who work and oversee the production responsibilities of the plant or organization that includes collection and allocation of raw material, their production and distribution.||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Operation Manager||Operations managers are professionals that oversee or are incharge of processes or operations to see each and every process a product goes through is optimised and done according to the laid norms of the company||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Industrial Engineer||Industrial Engineers are responsible for developing, designing, preparing and manufacturing various products to assist other industries and sectors.||INR 2-9 LPA|
|Teachers/lecturers||Teachers and lecturers are Individuals who impart knowledge and guide other students to explore the field of engineering and technology||INR 2-7 LPA|
What is the BTech Industrial Engineering Future Scope?
BTech in Industrial Engineering offers unique career insight and scope which in turn provides excellent career stability and growth.
- Aspirants can always pursue higher learning and education in this field such as MTech Industrial Engineering to integrate prominent technical principles and increase their prospects of getting recruited by prestigious organizations.
- Candidates can always venture into teaching and learning Business where they can seek employment as teachers to guide other students and aspirants into the field of industrial engineering.
- Candidates can also work with companies such as Maruti, Wipro, Microsoft, Samsung to assist them in their manufacturing and designing processes and earn recognition for the same.
BTech Industrial Engineering: FAQs
Ques. What do you mean by industrial engineering?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria of BTech in Industrial Engineering?
Ques. What is the admission process of BTech in Industrial Engineering?
Ques. What are the types of Entrance Examinations available for this course program?
Ques. What are the types of job opportunities available for the graduates of this degree?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree in India?
Ques. What is the syllabus of this course program?
Ques. Can you tell me the best colleges available for this course BTech in Industrial Engineering?
Ques. Is BITS Pilani Rajasthan better than IIT for this course?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree abroad?