What is BTech Applied Electronics Engineering?
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering is a popular but uncommon undergraduate Engineering program. It focuses on the applications of Electronics Science to design various electronic instruments and gadgets. It is a 4 year long course, divided into 8 semesters.
The eligibility criteria for BTech Applied Electronics Engineering will vary from college to college. Most of the colleges demand for minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English at the 10+2 level.
The colleges admitting students through JEE Mains exam will require minimum 75% aggregate marks at the 10+2 level.
The admission to BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course is granted on the Nadia of various entrance exams like JEE Mains, WBJEE, MHTCET, etc. Many reputed private colleges conduct their own entrance exams for admission to this course.
See More: BTech Admission 2021
This course is offered by only a few colleges in India that offer BTech Applied Electronics Engineering, some of which have been tabulated below.
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Package|
|Shoolini University||Entrance Based||INR 1,49,000||INR 3 LPA|
|Integral University||Entrance Based||INR 1,40,000||INR 1.2 LPA|
|GD Goenka University||Entrance Based||INR 2,65,000||INR 5 LPA|
|Sanskriti University||Entrance Based||INR 1,30,000||INR 7 LPA|
|Sagar Institute of Science and Technology||Entrance Based||INR 76,000||INR 2 LPA|
The average annual fees for studying BTech Applied Electronics Engineering ranges between INR 70,000 to 2,00,000.
After completing BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course, the candidates will get jobs as Electronics Designers, Instrument Designers, VLSI Designers, Product Engineers, Hardware Engineers, among others.
The average annual salary offered to BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Candidates ranges between INR 3,50,000 to 7,00,000.
See More: All About BTech
There are many options after BTech like MTech or MBA Course. Students who prefer to further their studies related to engineering may continue with MTech. MBA is a prudent option for BTech students who want to enter the job market with high salaries.
What is the BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Admission Process?
The general admission procedure for BTech Applied Electronics Engineering is discussed in a step wise manner below.
- Step 1: Application for Entrance Exam: The candidates will have to apply for the entrance exam through the forms released in the exam website. The forms are usually released in the month of November - December.
- Step 2: Entrance Exam: The BTech Entrance Exams are usually conducted in the month of April-May. The admit cards are released about 10 days prior to the examination.
- Step 3: Entrance Exam Results and Qualification Marks: Along with the individual scores and ranks, cutoff marks are also released by the examination authorities. The candidates who score above the cutoff are considered qualified.
- Step 4: Registration for Online Seat Allocation (E- Counselling): The qualified candidates will have to register themselves for the E-counselling process. The registered candidates will get to participate in the online seat allocation process.
- Step 5: Choice Filling and Locking: Depending on the rank and eligibility of the candidates, the number of colleges and streams available to them will be shown to each registered candidate. The candidates will need to fill and lock their choices in their order of preference.
- Step 6: Online Seat Allocation: From the choices the candidates will lock, the computer system will allocate one seat to the candidate, on the basis of his rank. The candidates will have to accept the seat by paying seat acceptance fee.
- Step 7: Document Verification: After downloading the seat allotment letter, the candidates will have to physically report to the allotted reporting centre with all the relevant documents.
- Step 8: Enrollment: The candidates found eligible during document verification will be granted admission to the course.
The following documents are required during the document verification process of BTech Applied Electronics Engineering.
- Online Seat Allotment Letter
- Score Card and Merit Rank Card of Entrance Exam
- Admit Card of the Entrance Exam
- Class 12 Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- Class 10 Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- Class 10 Admit Card or Birth Certificate
- Photo ID Card (any one of Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, or any other government ID proof)
- Domicile Certificate, Caste Certificate and Income Certificate according to prescribed format (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
|Top Electronics Colleges In Tamil Nadu||Top Electronics Colleges In Uttar Pradesh||Top Electronics Colleges In Maharashtra||Top Electronics Colleges In Telangana|
What is the BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
The general eligibility criteria followed by most colleges for admission to BTech Applied Electronics Engineering is discussed below.
- The candidates must complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board or university.
- Many colleges set the minimum marks required as 50% in PCM. Though the minimum marks criteria will largely depend on the entrance exam eligibility criteria.
- For admission through JEE Mains, the candidates must score above 75% aggregate marks at class 12 board exam.
- The candidates must be above 17 years of age and should be medically fit. The upper age limit for admission to this course varies from 21 to 24 years, depending on the college.
- The candidates will get only three consecutive years for attempting JEE Mains, and two consecutive years for attempting JEE Advanced.
Which Are the Top BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Entrance Exams?
Some of the popular National and State Level entrance exams for admission to BTech Applied Electronics Engineering are as follows.
- JEE Mains: Joint Entrance Examination Mains is the largest national engineering entrance exam in India. More than 10,00,000 students appear in this exam every year, but only around 3,00,000 candidates can qualify the exam. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year, in January and April. Along with providing the gateway for admission to NITs and IIITs, this exam also acts as a screening exam for JEE Advanced.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is conducted by one of the major IITs every year. It is the gateway for admission to all the IITs and other premier engineering colleges in India. Only the candidates who qualify in JEE Mains can appear for JEE Advanced in that particular year.
- WBJEE: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is conducted for admission to all the technical colleges and universities within the state of West Bengal. More than 40,000 seats, including both Government and Private colleges, are available for admission under this exam.
- KCET: Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission to the technical colleges of Karnataka.
- KEAM: It is the state entrance examination of Kerala. It is used for admission to Engineering, Paramedical and Architecture courses.
Some of the important dates related to these exams are tabulated below.
|Entrance Exam||Conducted By||Mode of Exam||Forms Released On||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date||Result Date|
|JEE Mains||NTA||CBT||December 16, 2021||January 16, 2021||February 23-26, 2021 (Phase 1)||Yet to be announced|
|JEE Advanced||IIT Kharagpur (for 2021)||CBT||After JEE Mains results||Within 7-10 days of release of forms||July 03, 2021||Yet to be announced|
|WBJEE||WBJEE Council||Offline||January 2021 (expected)||February 2021 (expected)||May 2021 (expected)||Yet to be announced|
How to Prepare for BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Entrance Exams?
Some of the important points that the candidates must keep in mind to perform better in BTech Applied Electronics Engineering entrance exams are listed below.
- The question papers usually consist of three sections, each for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Mostly MCQ questions are asked in these exams. However, numerical type questions are also sometimes asked.
- The average duration for most of these exams is 3 hours.
- Most of these entrance exams involve negative marking. In most of the entrance exams, the ratio of positive marking to negative marking is 4:1.
- The candidates will have to solve one question in maximum 2 minutes. So, they should practice solving questions rapidly.
- They should solve as many tricky questions as possible. Most of the questions asked in these exams involve tricky solutions.
- The candidates should properly cover NCERT textbooks of 10+2 PCM. They should go through the theory of these books and practice numericals multiple times.
- They should master the art of fast and accurate calculations. Candidates will not be able to carry calculators inside the exam hall.
- Try to focus on previous 10 years question papers, and practice them in a time bound manner.
- Make sure that you cover every chapter of the 10+2 syllabus, so that you can attempt as many questions as possible.
|BE/B.Tech in Delhi-NCR||BE/B.Tech in Maharashtra||BE/B.Tech in Chennai||BE/B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh||BE/B.Tech in Telangana|
How to Get Admission in Top BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Colleges?
Some of the important points which may be helpful for getting admission in top BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Colleges are listed below.
- The candidates will have to score above 250 in JEE Mains to get admission in a good college offering BTech Applied Electronics Engineering.
- They should be very careful while attempting the questions in the entrance exam. They should mark an answer only after becoming 100 percent sure, as these exams carry negative marks.
- The candidates should be careful while Choice-locking procedure of the E-counselling. They should properly research which colleges they can get in their rank, and should place those colleges on top. Locking wrong colleges may prove to be fatal.
- The candidates should carry and show all the relevant documents during the document verification process.
- The candidates should apply for government certificates like Caste Certificate, Income Certificate, Domicile Certificate, etc (if required) well in advance. These certificates take time to get published, and hence might result in a last minute hustle.
- The candidates should keep the fees required for admission ready with them. They might be asked to pay the fees within short notice, and may have to pay either through DD or online payment platforms.
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering: What is it All About?
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering deals with the application of the knowledge of Electronics Science to design and curate useful electronic devices and instruments.
- It deals with Digital Electronics, Analog Electronics, and both types of Electronic Circuits in detail. It will enable the students to curate a Digital or Analog circuit of their own by the end of the course.
- The course will also deal with various types of Electronic Instruments like Industrial Instruments, Microprocessor Based Instruments, Biomedical Instruments, Analytical Instruments, etc in detail.
- The course also covers the study of microprocessors, transistors, VLSI, diodes, and other integral parts of the electronic circuit in detail.
- The course will also cover the basics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics which are required for the better understanding of Electronics Engineering topics.
- Along with these, the course will teach the students about Communication skills, Managerial Skills, and Economics, which will help them perform better in corporate jobs.
- Overall, this course will focus on the design and curation of new electronic instruments, and will ensure that the students learn to create better electronic devices with their knowledge of existing Electronic technologies.
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering: Highlights
The major highlights of the BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course have been discussed in the table below.
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Applied Electronics Engineering|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate in PCM and English|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 70,000 to 2,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,50,000 to 7,00,000|
|Job Options||Electronics Designers, Instrument Designers, VLSI Designers, Product Engineers, Hardware Engineers, among others.|
|Areas of Employment||Electronics Industry, Communication Industry, Software Industry, etc.|
Why Study BTech Applied Electronics Engineering?
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course has the following advantages.
- In-Demand Course: The BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course is one of the popular undergraduate courses. The candidates completing this course easily get employed as this course has high demand in the job market.
- Employment Opportunities to Increase in Future: With the increasing pace of digitisation, the world is now becoming more and more dependent on electronic devices. Therefore, the employment opportunities of Applied Electronics Engineers is increasing at a rapid rate, and is expected to grow even faster in future.
- Opportunities to Work in Multiple Fields: BTech Applied Electronics Engineering graduates not only get jobs in Electronics sector, but they also get job opportunities in many other sectors like communication sector, Hardware and Software industries, and many more.
- Opportunities to Learn Important Skills: This course will offer you multiple opportunities to learn important skills like Designing an Electronic Device, Assembling the Processor Units, Designing the Hardware Systems and assembling them, and many others.
- High Salary Package: Candidates completing BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course are offered very high salary packages. The starting salary varies a lot according to the skills of the candidates, but deserving candidates are offered upto INR 12,00,000 as starting packages.
- Working in Reputed MNCs Abroad: These candidates may get jobs in reputed MNCs like Google, Microsoft and other such companies. They also get opportunities to work and settle abroad.
Course Comparison: BTech Electronics Engineering vs BTech Applied Electronics Engineering
The major differences between BTech Electronics Engineering and BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course have been tabulated below.
|Parameters||BTech Applied Electronics Engineering||BTech Electronics Engineering|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Technology in Applied Electronics Engineering||Bachelor of Technology in Electronics Engineering|
|Overview||BTech Applied Electronics Engineering focuses on the design and curation of new electronic instruments, and includes topics like Industrial Instruments, Microprocessor Based Instruments, Biomedical Instruments, Analytical Instruments, etc in detail.||BTech Electronics Engineering covers electronics topics like Analog Devices, Digital Devices, Embedded Systems, Communication Systems, Hardware Systems, and many others. It focuses on all the systems with equal importance.|
|Duration||4 Years||4 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate in PCM and English||10+2 with minimum 75% aggregate in PCM and English|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based||Entrance Based|
|Top Colleges||Shoolini University, Integral University, GD Goenka University, etc.||IIT BHU, AMU, VJTI, among others|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 70,000 to 2,00,000||INR 80,000 to 2,50,000|
|Job Profiles||Electronics Designers, Instrument Designers, VLSI Designers, Product Engineers, Hardware Engineers, among others.||Embedded Systems Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, System Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, among others|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,50,000 to 7,00,000||INR 3,50,000 to 6,00,000|
|Areas of Employment||Electronics Industry, Communication Industry, Software Industry, etc.||Electronics Industry, Communication Industry, Software Industry, etc.|
Which are the Top BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Colleges?
The top colleges for studying BTech Applied Electronics Engineering are listed below.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Package|
|Shoolini University||INR 1,49,000||INR 3 LPA|
|Integral University||INR 1,40,000||INR 1.2 LPA|
|GD Goenka University||INR 2,65,000||INR 5 LPA|
|Sanskriti University||INR 1,30,000||INR 7 LPA|
|Sagar Institute of Science and Technology||INR 76,000||INR 2 LPA|
|Sir Padampat Singhania University||INR 1,70,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Alliance University||INR 1,60,000||INR 5 LPA|
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering: College Comparison
The top colleges offering BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course have been compared in the table below.
|Parameters||Shoolini University||Integral University||GD Goenka University|
|Overview||Shoolini University is one of the best Private Universities in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The University offers quality courses in multiple disciplines including Engineering, Management, Pharmacy and Law.||Integral University is a private university in Uttar Pradesh. It offers UG, PG and PhD courses in multiple disciplines. It is accredited by NAAC and UGC. It offers both BTech and BE courses in the Engineering domain.||It is recognised as one of the best emerging engineering institutions and management institutions by Times of India. The reputed private deemed university offers courses UG and PG courses in Engineering, Management and Science.|
|Location||Solan, Himachal Pradesh||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||Gurugram, Haryana|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based||Entrance Based||Entrance Based|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1,49,000||INR 1,40,000||INR 2,65,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 6,50,000||INR 3,00,000||INR 3,50,000|
|Top Recruiters||Hindustan Unilever, Cipla, Abbot, Genpact, etc.||HCL, Byju's, TCL, Wipro, etc.||Wipro, Byju's, Genpact, NIIT, etc.|
What is the BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Syllabus?
The semester wise breakup of the subjects taught in BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course are tabulated below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Physics||Fundamentals of Computer and Programming|
|Basic Mechanical Systems||Electro-Techniques|
|Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Drawing|
|Engineering Chemistry||Engineering Mathematics II|
|Basic Electronics Engineering||English and Communication Skills|
|Workshop Practices||Basic Electrical Engineering|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Engineering Mathematics III||Engineering Mathematics IV|
|Solid State Devices||Engineering Economics|
|Network Analysis||Signals and Systems|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||Linear Integrated Circuits|
|Functional Electronics||Digital Circuit Design|
|Electrical Machines and Devices||Basic Instrumentation|
|Electronic Circuits and Simulation Lab||Measurement and Instrumentation|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Engineering Mathematics V||Microcontroller Based System Design|
|Digital Signal Processing||VLSI Design|
|Computer Organization and Architecture||Optical Instrumentation|
|Control System Theory||Biomedical Instrumentation|
|Power Electronics||Electronic Product Designing Lab|
|Electrical Machines and Devices||Communication Engineering|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Industrial Management||Nano Electronics|
|Robotics and Industrial Automation||Nonlinear Control Theory|
|Discrete Time Control Systems||Smart Sensors and Networks|
|Process Dynamics and Control||Industrial Instrumentation|
|Signal Processing Lab||Process Control Lab|
|Control Systems Lab||Project|
Which are BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Job Profiles?
The following jobs are available to BTech Applied Electronics Engineering candidates.
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Electronics Design Engineer||Electronics Design Engineer develops new electronic products according to the market demand. They also design improved electronics components.||INR 5,00,000|
|Instrumentation Engineer||Instrumentation Engineers design, recommend and upgrade the various electronic instruments in an organisation.||INR 4,00,000|
|VLSI Designer||VLSI Designers and Engineers design, assemble and curate the various VLSI Circuits, which are the most important components of many electronic gadgets.||INR 6,00,000|
|Product Engineer||Product Engineers curate new electronics products and keep a track of performance of the existing products.||INR 6,00,000|
|Hardware Engineer||Hardware Engineers maintain, assemble, repair and renovate the hardware systems.||INR 3,80,000|
What is the BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Future Scope?
After completing BTech Applied Electronics Engineering, the candidates may go for government or private sector jobs, or choose to do higher studies. The following future options are available to these candidates.
- The candidates can join MTech Applied Electronics Course. The course is offered by HITS and many other technical colleges. The admission is generally granted on the basis of GATE scores.
- The candidates can also use GATE scores to get jobs in PSUs, Banks, Railways and other government sector enterprises. The candidates can also appear in other government exams like UPSC, IES, etc.
- The candidates who want to get jobs in senior positions can do an MBA course. They can choose from various MBA streams like Product Management, Supply Chain Management, Systems and IT Management, and many others.
- For admission to MBA courses, the candidates will have to appear and qualify in the various MBA Entrance Exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
BTech Applied Electronics Engineering: FAQs
Ques. What is the employment scope after doing BTech Applied Electronics Engineering?
Ques. Why is BTech Applied Electronics Engineering better than BTech Electronics Engineering ?
Ques. What is the average annual cost for studying BTech Applied Electronics Engineering in India?
Ques. What is the average annual salary earned by a BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Candidate in India?
Ques. Which is the major entrance exam for admission to private colleges offering BTech Applied Electronics Engineering Course in India?