What is the BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering Syllabus?
The curriculum of this course is updated occasionally to incorporate changes and advancements in the discipline after consultation with expert engineers from well-renowned academic institutions and industries. Successful graduates of Electrical and Computer Science Engineering work in different industries and research related areas.
The BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering course essentially explores concepts related to Computation, Mathematics, Physics, and Life Sciences, and encourages candidates in the practical application of such concepts through projects, research, or internships.
This course comprises of subjects like Machine Learning, Power Electronics, and Drives, Microcontrollers, and Applications, Computer Architecture, Electric Machines, Matrix Algebra, Laplace Transform, Calculus, Differential Equations, and other related subjects.
|BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering Admission Process (Silo)||BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering Jobs|
What are the subjects of the BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering course?
Several core subjects are involved in the curriculum of BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering course. A few of those subjects are listed below:
- Discrete Mathematics
- Business Communication
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Database Management Systems
- Control Systems
- Digital Electronics
- Software Engineering
- VLSI Design
The course also provides a list of elective courses in 3 different types of disciplines and domains. A few of those elective subjects are tabulated below:
|Professional Electives||Science Electives||Free Electives|
|Power and Energy Systems||Chemistry||Management Stream|
|Cyber-Physical Systems and Security||Physics||Humanities and Social Science Stream|
|Embedded Systems, Robotics & Artificial Intelligence||-||-|
|Advanced Computer Technologies||-||-|
Note: The above-given electives are based on Amrita Viswa Vidhyapeetham University. The electives may change from college to college based on their offerings.
What are the BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering Books?
Tabulated below are some of the highly suggested BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering Books:
|Book Name||Author’s Name|
|Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering||Leonard S Bobrow|
|Computer Architecture and Organization||John P Hayes|
|Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms||Sartaj Sahni|
|An Integrated Approach to Software Engineering||Pankaj Jalote|
|Introduction to Engineering for Electrical and Computer Engineers||Charles B. Fleddermann and Martin Bradshaw|
|First Course in Electrical and Computer Engineering||Louis Scharf|
What are the BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering program outcomes?
BTech Electrical and computer engineering graduates are in huge demand these days. There are several things that an aspirant will learn while pursuing the course study. A few of those program outcomes and what the students will learn from this course are discussed below:
- A potential to comprehend the idea, distinguish, plan, and understand complex electrical and PC designing issues by applying information and patterns of engineering, science, and arithmetic.
- An ability to understand the impact of the expert engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and exhibit the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- The capacity to apply the fundamentals of mathematics, science, and engineering knowledge to identify, formulate, design, and investigate complex engineering problems of electric circuits, analog, and digital electronic circuits, control systems, electrical machines, and machine learning.
- This course guides the candidates to create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complicated electrical circuits, computer codes for electrical applications with the knowledge of the boundaries.
- It also helps the aspirant to apply their contextual knowledge to evaluate social, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consistent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering exercise.
- They get the opportunity to apply the proper, cutting edge procedures and current building tools and programming devices in electrical and PC designing to take part in long-lasting learning and to completely adjust in multi-disciplinary conditions. Moreover, they also let the candidates be mindful of the effect of expert design methods, expert morals, and have the option to grant successfully.
BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering Syllabus: FAQs
Ques. Which are the compulsory subjects in the first year of BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering syllabus?
Ans: The subjects that are mandatory in the course study of electrical and computer engineering are Discrete Mathematics, Business Communication, Design, and Analysis of Algorithms, Database Management Systems, and Control Systems.
Ques. What is the duration of the BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering course?
Ans: BTech Electrical and Computer Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate course divided into 8 semesters, each lasting 6 months in duration.