What is BTech ICT?
Btech in information and communication technology course is a course designed to fit the needs arising in the area of communication and is a four year undergraduate course. The course offers deep knowledge on areas such as telecommunications, radio, cellphones and computer devices and how data communication processes are designed and implemented.
Candidates seeking admission in this course are required to have 10+2 qualification with the physics, chemistry and mathematics as well as qualifying the entrance test such as JEE main or advanced to secure a seat in this course. This course tuition fee ranges around INR 1,00,000 - 9,00,000.
Here is a list of Top Colleges offering BTech ICT in India:
|Name of the college||Location||Admission process||Average Course Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University||Gandhinagar||Entrance Test||INR 80,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Mody University Sikar||Sikar||JEE main||INR 2,81,000||INR 3,50,000|
|Dhirubhai Ambani institute of information and communication technology Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||Entrance Test||INR 1,35,000||INR 10,16,000|
|Ganpat University Mehsana||Mehsana||GUJCET||INR 1,16,000||INR 2,50,000|
|Jaypee institute of information technology University Noida||Noida||JEE main||Rs 2,28,000||INR 4,50,000|
The placement services as well as regular vacancy jobs allow exciting monetary benefits that increase with time and experience. A candidate can successfully earn up to INR 2,00,000 - 12,00,000 After completing this course, an individual can seek employment in various multinational and domestic companies and organizations such as Amazon, HSBC, Morgan Stanley etc.
See More: Top Colleges offering BTech ICT
What is the Admission Process for BTech ICT?
Admission in this course requires a candidate to have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board with approximately 50 percent being achieved in the prior examination.
- Candidates need to appear for a national level or university level entrance test to secure an admission in BTech ICT program.
- Candidates are also required to have a strong grasp on subjects such as physics chemistry and mathematics.
- Candidates with work experience in the relevant field are also given preference in the admission process.
How to Apply for BTech ICT?
Step by step procedure to get admission in BTech ICT program:
- Candidates are advised to regularly check their respective college's website for any additional information about the upcoming admission
- Candidates are also advised to register themselves on the common entrance tests such JEE main/advanced portals to secure a seat for the exam
- Candidates are then required to fill the form, pay the fee and download admit cards
- After downloading admit cards, candidates are advised to give their exam on the appointed day, after declaration of result, candidates are expected to fill the form of their respective college and upload their marks on the portal.
- After successful completion of all formalities, candidates will be notified of their admission via email/ phone call or a letter.
What is Eligibility Criteria for BTech ICT?
Candidates need to fit into the below given eligibility criteria in order to apply for BTech ICT:
- Candidates are required to have a minimum 50 percentage being achieved in prior examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates are also required to have qualified JEE MAIN or JEE ADVANCED or regional engineering common entrance tests such as GUJCET etc.
- Candidates are required to have passed their 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics
- Additional subjects of vocational training such as electrical, electronic or computer engineering are an added benefit.
What are the Top BTech ICT Entrance Exams? (h3)
BTech ICT requires candidates to qualify the entrance test conducted by university, state or national authority to secure a seat. Some of the popular entrance exams are JEE MAIN, GUJCET, TNEA, MHCET, OJEE, so on.
- JEE MAIN / ADVANCED: JEE main/advances is an exam conducted on a national level and is intended for students who wish to pursue engineering degrees in future. The exam consists of multiple choice questions involving knowledge of physics chemistry and mathematics as well as basic reasoning, aptitude and analytical skills.
- GUJCET : GUJCET is an exam conducted by Gujarat state for the students seeking admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat. This exam also consists of multiple choice questions with emphasis on questions related to aptitude, reasoning and logical ability coupled with basic knowledge of physics chemistry and mathematics.
Some important dates regarding the entrance exams:
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Last date of submission||Day of exam||Exam Mode|
|JEE MAIN||NTA||May 24, 2020||September 1 - 6, 2020||CBT|
|JEE ADVANCED||IIT Delhi||September 18, 2020||September 27, 2020||Online|
|GUJCET||GSEB||February 15, 2020||August 24, 2020||Offline|
|MHCET||Maharashtra Board||June 7, 2020||Oct 12 - 20, 22020||Online|
|TNEA||Anna University||Aug 16, 2020||NA||NA|
|OJEE||OJEEB||Sept 23, 2020||Oct 12 -19, 2020||CBT|
How to Prepare for BTech ICT Entrance Exams?
Candidates seeking admission in BTech ICT are required to have secured a good rank in competitive exams such as JEE main/ advanced.
- Students are advised to go through their previous course or syllabus and practice problems, numerical or equations pertaining to the pattern of the test.
- Students are also advised to regularly practice making notes and also enroll themselves in mock test series conducted online to get familiar with the exam pattern and related question
- Students are also expected to prepare schedules to study and practice each day to secure better marks
- Students are also advised to solve previous exam papers to increase their chances of success in their exams.
How to Get Admission in Top BTech ICT Colleges?
To secure admission in top BTech ICT college candidate must:
- Stay updated on the dates crucial for entrance tests and admission procedure.
- Go through the admission procedure of the college candidate is interested to take part in.
- Prepare for PI/GD rounds if applicable.
- Work on communication skills and soft skills.
BTech ICT: What is it About?
Bachelor of technology in information and communication technology is a four year undergraduate course.
- It is conducted by various universities and colleges to provide essential knowledge on data convergence and processes that make Information and communication technology barrier free.
- This course allows its aspirants to learn the technology and innovative processes that enable our regular day to day communication to work obstacle free and to access information in a click and without any delay.
- Apart from learning the basic skills, students are also made aware of inner workings and processes of how communication works in general and how mass communication on digital platforms and avenues.
- The course helps to understand how these processes and procedures work on a microscopic level that involves learning through universal laws of physics chemistry and mathematics that help draw innovative methods of processing into mediums.
- Organizations such as Amazon, retail, Morgan Stanley etc. have carved a way to a world of digitalization where various different sectors have established themselves and provide full-fledged services to their clients each day.
BTech ICT: Course Highlights
Some of the major course highlights of BTech ICT are listed below:
|Full form||Bachelor of technology in information and communication technology|
|Examination type||Offline and semester wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCM with approximately 50 percentage + JEE main/advanced|
|Admission process||Entrance Test|
|Course fee||INR 1,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Average salary||INR 2,00,000 - 12,00,000|
|Top recruiting companies||Amazon, Practo, Samsung, HSBC, Deloitte, Sigma, Servify, Optus, Vodafone, Juniper, Cisco, SAP labs, Cognizant etc.|
|Job positions||Analysts, programmers, computer network professional, communication engineer, managers and database and system ICT security professionals|
Why Study BTech ICT?
BTech in communication and information technology has to offer a lot of benefits in terms of exciting salary packages, incentives as well as a stable job opportunity in leading strategic organizations of the world.
- One of the prime reasons for immense growth and stability in this career arena is the fact that this job provides exceptional job positions in leading world organizations which allow individuals to work better and learn universal technologies and be exposed to worldly matters and knowledge related to their stream
- An ICT professional is required to innovate and create new technologies and methods to make digital communication accessible and easy; hence an individual is independent in their course and can work freely on their projects and initiatives.
- As ICT has become a global phenomenon, individuals who wish to work internationally can also get employment with additional benefits.
- BTech in information and communication technology allows its individuals to learn and explore the millennial issues and the ever evolving technology that needs constant amendments and rectification; hence this sector is highly recommended and profitable to many who wish to build their career in this stream.
- BTech in Information and communication technology offers variety of job opportunities in private sectors such as Accenture, Amazon and HSBC as well as public and government funded organizations such as SBI or RBI, the need for skilled ICT professionals who can work and develop new digital platforms and technologies to make the online market easily accessible to the people are always in high demand.
Course Comparison: BTech ICT vs BTech IT
BTech ICT and BTech IT are comparison is given below:
|Course||Bachelor of technology in Information technology||Bachelor of technology in information and communication technology|
|Overview||BTech in information technology is a course that mainly focuses on studying the hardware design and software associated with the respective program, it does not provide deep knowledge of communication units involved and mainly focuses on core informative components of this field||Bachelor of technology in information and communication technology is a comprehensive course which includes studying the hardware and software along with the various communication technologies that help and aid current communication factors and technologies to run smooth and obstacle free. They provide further insights on how new methods can be implemented and designed to administer successful online operations of all sorts|
|Specialization||The list of electives and sub branches are limited to one or two industry only||BTech in ICT offers many electives and sub branches that offer experience in many industries such as e-commerce, telecommunications and biotechnology industries etc.|
BTech ICT Top Colleges
We have curated a list of top colleges in India offering BTech ICT programs:
|Name of the college||Location||Average Course Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University||Gandhinagar||INR 80,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Mody University Sikar||Sikar||INR 2,81,000||INR 3,50,000|
|Dhirubhai Ambani institute of information and communication technology Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||INR 1,35,000||INR 10,16,000|
|Ganpat University Mehsana||Mehsana||INR 1,16,000||INR 2,50,000|
|Jaypee institute of information technology University Noida||Noida||Rs 2,28,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Institute of Advanced Research Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||INR 91,000||INR 2,40,000|
|Ahmedabad University, School of Engineering and Applied Science,. Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad||INR 1,00,000||INR 4,65,000|
BTech ICT Syllabus
BTech ICT consists of the following subjects segregated into the semester structure:
|Semester One||Semester Two|
|Basic electronic circuits||Digital logic design|
|Introduction to programming||Introduction to communication system|
|Introduction to programming lab||Data structures|
|Calculus||Data structures lab|
|Engineering design workshop||Discrete Mathematics|
|Language and literature||Approaches to Indian society|
|Semester Three||Semester Four|
|Signals and systems||Analog circuit|
|Computer organization||Analog communication, transmission line theory|
|Design and analysis of algorithms||Systems software|
|Groups and linear algebra||Probability, statistics and information theory|
|Electromagnetic theory||Engineered materials|
|Science, technology, society||Environmental studies|
|Semester Five||Semester Six|
|Embedded hardware design||Software Engineering|
|Digital communication||ICT elective 2|
|Computer networks||Open elective (non cs students)|
|Database management systems||Technical elective|
|Principles of economics||Open elective (science student)|
|ICT elective 1||ICT/Open elective|
BTech ICT Important Books
Some of books that can help you sail through BTech ICT program:
|Name of the book||Author's name|
|Control engineering||Derek P Atherton|
|Digital integrated engineering||H Taub and D Schilling|
|Fundamentals of software engineering||Rajib Mall|
|Basic electrical and electronics engineering||S Sukhija|
|Power system analysis||T K Nagsarkar|
BTech ICT Jobs Profile
BTech in information and communication technology has immense scope and possibilities for students who wish to make their career in this field.
- Graduates of this discipline can work on universal models and mediums of communication and can establish breakthrough technologies via innovation and critical thinking
- Individuals who wish to build their career international can work in various world acclaimed organizations to increase their work experience and build a handsome resume with great monetary benefits as well
|Computer networks professional||Individuals of this designation are involved in researching and analyzing the network anomalies and working in smooth functioning of online network and data transfer, they also work on both software and hardware programming to ensure quality work and perform timely checks on issues pertaining to online hindrances and obstacles of any kind||INR 3,00,000 - 7,00,000|
|Database and systems administrator and ICT security||Professionals employed under this category work to enhance and improve the database functioning and perform administrative responsibilities consisting of operating databases to ensure smooth interaction of various communication elements.||INR 4,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Managers ICT||ICT managers are professionals working to improve the functioning of existing communication components within the organization and allow obstacle free flow of communication services and to be able to provide quality standards of output to the people. They manage the internal functioning of computer and communication technology.||INR 17,22,529|
|Communication engineers||Communication engineers are responsible for designing, curating and implementing elements of communication and information for commercial and scientific usage. They are also responsible for researching and analyzing possible innovative methods to improve the functioning of existing technologies involved.||INR 3,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Analyst programmer||These individuals work in order to design, Manufacture and implement various computer software programs to check their smooth accessibility and to rectify any error while the program is under testing or is run by these analysts beforehand. They are responsible for developing codes and programs to develop innovative software solutions.||INR 2,00,000 - 7,00,000|
BTech ICT Future Scope
A fresh graduate of BTech in information and communication technology can seek a number of Job employment opportunities with additional benefits.
- Individuals can get employment on prestigious posts and designation in world dominating companies and organizations such as Amazon, Accenture, Samsung, Cognizant etc.
- Individuals can also work independently in their choice of place of work, be it in the international headquarters of the company or in a national setting.
- Individuals are free to work on their independent projects and initiatives on behalf of their company, and can contribute valuable insights on improving and betterment of existing communication methodologies.
- A candidate who is a graduate of this discipline can seek job employment in various industries based on information and communication infrastructure such as e-commerce, Biotechnology and telecommunications.
- A candidate can also pursue higher education in this field to pursue his or her career as a teacher and work on teaching budding students and scholars.
- With the current world economic scenario being completely dependent online due to various reasons, Government and public undertakings have taken their entire business online and are always in need of efficient IT personnel to conduct and aid them in providing easily accessible online tasks via various modes of communication such as radio, apps, and telecommunications.
BTech ICT FAQs
Ques. What is BTech in information and communication technology?
Ques. What is the scope of BTech in information and communication technology?
Ques. Is it necessary to clear the JEE exam for this course?
Ques. Is there any other exam other than JEE that needs to be qualified before getting admission?
Ques. Can we work abroad with this degree?
Ques. What is taught in BTech ICT?
Ques. What companies generally recruit people who possess this degree qualification?
Ques. On what basis do people get admission in BTech ICT?
Ques. Which is the best college for this degree course?