BTech Plastic Technology studies in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of plastic designing and management concepts.
It is a four year undergraduate course covering various areas of concepts like practice of plastic processing, plastic and synthetic materials manufacturing, plastic storage science, development of Synthetic Materials, etc.
In order to stand eligible for the BTech Plastic Technology course, the students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Some of the important subjects which are included in the B Tech Plastic Technology syllabus are plastic and synthetic materials manufacturing, plastic storage science and many more.
Admission to BTech Plastic Technology program will be done mostly on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance test. However, some of the private colleges also have a direct admission process. The Top BTech IT Colleges in India also offer Lateral Entry Admission to students and accept them directly in the 2nd year of the course depending upon the candidates.
Below given are some of the top colleges offering BTech Plastic Technology courses in India:
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Fee||Average Package|
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology||Entrance Exam||INR 40,000||INR 4 LPA|
|Gujarat Technological University||Entrance Exam||INR 75,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology||Entrance Exam||INR 40,000||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Institute of Chemical Technology||Entrance Exam||INR 95,000||INR 6 LPA|
|University Institute of Chemical Technology||Entrance Exam||INR 35,000||INR 5 LPA|
The average fee for the course BTech Plastic Technology is INR 30,000 to INR 90 lakhs and It varies with the type of courses offered by the colleges and universities. The average annual salary for freshers is INR 4 lakh to INR 4.5 lakhs. It differs on the experience, knowledge and skills of the candidate.
They usually get employment in companies like Kingfa Science & Technology Ltd, Arrow Coated Products Ltd, Wim Plast Ltd, VIP Industries Ltd, Nilkamal Ltd, Mayur Uniquoters Ltd, Responsive Industries Ltd, Jain Irrigation Systems and many more.
Also check Top MTech colleges in India.
They can work as Plastic Engineer, Plastic Testing Manager, Design Technician, Mould Maker, Storage Manager, Mould Designer, etc.
BTech Plastic Technology: Admission Process
The most popular engineering entrance exams in the BTech Plastic Engineering are JEE Main and JEE Advanced, which are mandatory for admission into primarily public Institutes.
Private universities also conduct their own examinations or rely on the national/ state level entrance examinations. Below given is the admission process merit wise and entrance wise for the students seeking admission into BTech PLastic Technology Courses:
The step-by-step procedure to apply to BTech Plastic Technology course direct admission is given below:
- Step 1: Candidates have to fill the application form through an online process according to their eligibility on the official website.
- Step 2: Cutoff list will be given on the official website of the college/university.
- Step 3: Candidates will be called for a (PI) Personal Interview Round where any subject related questions will also be asked.
- Step 4: Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission to the course in the college.
The step-by-step process for entrance-based admission for BTech Plastic Technology course is as follows.
- Step 1: The application forms for the entrance exam will have to be filled up online on the official website. Only the eligible candidates can fill the application form online.
- Step 2: The candidates will have to sit for the entrance examination. Their performance in the entrance exam will determine which college they get admitted to.
- Step 3: The counseling round takes place after the declaration of the result of the entrance exam. Here, the candidates will be allotted colleges on the basis of their ranks.
- Step 4: Once the counseling process is over, the students can take admission to the allotted college/university and they will be ready to begin their classes at that particular institution.
Students can also Check Here the full list of BTech Entrance Exams in India.
BTech Plastic Technology: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BTech Plastic Technology aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will differ from college to college.
- The eligibility criterion for the BTech Plastic Technology course is students have to clear 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 55% marks from a recognized college or institute.
- 5% moderation for the reserved category students i.e. SC/ST/OBC.
- Physics, Mathematics, English should be the main compulsory subjects at the Intermediate level.
- No receptacle will be accepted for the admission. Students must have to clear 10+2 from a recognised board.
- Some colleges and universities have different criteria for separate courses.
BTech Plastic Technology: Entrance Exams
There are a large number of national and state-level entrance exams to appear for admission into the BTech Plastic Technology program.
Some of the popular BTech Plastic Technology entrance exams are as follows:
- JEE Main: JEE Main examination is conducted by NTA at the national level and is usually conducted in the month of January and April of each year for admission into undergraduate engineering programs. JEE Main is an online examination which is of 3 hour duration and the paper is of 360 marks.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced was previously known as IIT JEE, is the second phase of the JEE Main. It is also an online examination that covers Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and the duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- BITSAT: BITSAT is the engineering entrance examination which is conducted by BITS Pilani and is the second most popular examination after JEE Main. Candidates must have scored an aggregate score of at least 75% at the Intermediate level with PCM and 60% individually in each of the subjects.
- WBJEE: WBJEEB conducts the exam to grant admission to students in UG Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy courses offered by the colleges in West Bengal.
- VITEEE: It is a common entrance exam for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP, and VIT- Bhopal. The exam tests students on subjects like Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude.
The dates of application and examination for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Examination||Application Deadline||Date of Exam||Mode of Exam|
|JEE Main 2020||July 31, 2020||September 1, 2020 - September 6, 2020||Online|
|JEE Advanced 2020||September 11, 2020||September 27, 2020||Online|
|BITSAT 2020||January 11 to May 11, 2020||September 16 - 18 and 21 - 23, 2020||Online|
|WBJEE 2021||Fourth Week of December, 2020 - Third Week of January, 2021||Third Week of May, 2021||Offline|
|KEAM 2021||First week of February - First week of March, 2021||TBD||Offline|
|VITEEE 2021||October 2020 - February 2021 (Tentative)||TBD||Online|
BTech Plastic Technology: How to Prepare for Entrance Exams
- The basic and important guideline for the students is to develop a reading habit. Reading habits can be developed by newspaper, novels, magazines, biographies, books, case studies related to Engineering.
- Candidates must identify their strengths and weakness in order to overcome weakness and to know your interest area. The interested area is a success key to crack the entrance examination and they have to focus on interested subjects also.
- Time management is very important and the candidate should know how to manage time during the exam. They have to be clear about minutes per question. Mock test papers will help you to learn time management skills for the entrance exam.
- More practice means more clearance of doubts of the questions. Practice will help you to learn new and correct methods to solve questions and clear your every doubt before the examination.
- Be aware of current affairs, general knowledge, data sufficiency and candidates must go for verbal ability through economic times.
- Develop a habit to carry a pen, pencil, eraser, and other stationary with themselves and they should know about the syllabus and the books to study.
- Candidates must revise the topics after reaching home from class. Also revise topics before going to class.
- They must focus on quantitative subjects because it takes a lot of time and wants more practice with new short tricks to solve a question.
BTech Plastic Technology: Tips to get Best Colleges
To secure admission into a top-ranked BTech Plastic Technology college, a number of factors come into play. Some of the following tips that candidates must keep in mind is given below:
- Be aware of the types of questions and the difficulty level of the questions asked in different entrance examinations. Some exam papers are comparatively easier to attempt than the others and it will help in better preparation.
- Since questions are asked from the syllabus covered at the Intermediate level of schooling, going over the material and notes would be sufficient. Revision of all basic concepts must be done in order to score marks at the entrance exam.
- Candidates must be aware of all dates and deadlines. Examination application dates, exam dates etc. are changed and advertised in all major newspapers and mostly on the official website.
- Candidates must take a look at the daily news and affairs of the world regularly. Keeping up to date with the news related to the field will help in preparation for the examination and counseling round but also act as a break from studying.
BTech Plastic Technology: What is it About?
- BTech Plastic Technology courses study about the concept of Plastic Engineering with in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of plastic designing and management concepts.
- It is a 4 year undergraduate course including the practice of plastic processing, plastic and synthetic materials manufacturing, plastic storage science, development of Synthetic Materials, etc.
- BTech Plastic Technology also includes an application of the basic principles of engineering in order to produce plastic products by assisting and guiding engineers and other professionals.
- Throughout the course students study Plastic technology, It is a specialized branch of study which includes the study of diverse types of chemicals that exhibits plasticity.
- In this course, there is a huge emphasis on working within a team, as this is considered a key skill for anyone pursuing a Plastic Technology career.
- BTech Plastic Technology graduates can get into areas such as polymer technology, textile technology, communication, computers, automobile, thermal engineering and so on.
BTech Plastic Technology: Course Highlights
|Duration of the Course||4 Years|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Securing 50% in Intermediate with PCM|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance Based|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 - INR 1,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 5,00,000 - INR 7,00,000 Per Annum|
|Job Profiles||Plastic Engineer, Plastic Testing Manager, Design Technician, Mould Maker, Storage Manager, Mould Designer, etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Kingfa Science & Technology Ltd, Arrow Coated Products Ltd, Wim Plast Ltd, VIP Industries Ltd, Nilkamal Ltd, Mayur Uniquoters Ltd, Responsive Industries Ltd, Jain Irrigation Systems and many more.|
Why Study BTech Plastic Technology?
The goal to attain a BTech Plastic Technology degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue this course are given below:
- Reputed profession: Plastic Technology is a unique and is a high demand field where skilled graduates are able to find open job positions immediately. It is one of new and most reputable engineering divisions. Any student with the passion to excel will find success soon in this field.
- High pay: Average packages for BTech Plastic Technology graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations. Given the scale of work, the pay is also on the higher side in the organisation.
- Career opportunities: A Mechanical Engineer is able to pursue a diverse array of career opportunities in his or her academic life. There is no limit to educational programs a candidate can choose. From law, management to competitive examinations to get employed in Government organizations and the sky's the limit.
- On completion of BTech Plastic Technology program, students will be able to get handsome salary packages ranging between INR 4,00,000 and INR 7,00,000 depending on candidate’s expertise in the field.
- Candidates can further pursue PG courses such as M.Tech., Master of Engineering courses, MBA courses after completing this course.
BTech Plastic Technology: Course Comparison
|Parameters||BE Mechanical Engineering||BTech Plastic Technology|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering||Bachelor of Technology in Plastic Engineering|
|Objective||The main focus of BE Mechanical Engineering course is to equip candidates with theoretical knowledge required to innovate technology and invent new gadgets||BTech Mechanical Engineering emphasizes more on application of concepts for practical purposes related to plastic designing and management concepts.|
|Admission process||Merit or Entrance exam||Entrance Exam or Merit|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Class 12 in Science Stream from a recognized board.||Passed Class 12 in Science Stream from a recognized board.|
|Average Course Fees||INR 3,00,000 to 15,00,000||INR 40,000 to 1,00,000|
|Job Opportunities||Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Project Engineer, Production Engineer etc.||Plastic Engineer, Plastic Testing Manager, Design Technician, Mould Maker, Storage Manager, Mould Designer, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||BMW, General Electric Co (GE), General Motors Corporation, Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., L&T Ltd etc.||Kingfa Science & Technology Ltd, Arrow Coated Products Ltd, Wim Plast Ltd, VIP Industries Ltd, Nilkamal Ltd, Mayur Uniquoters Ltd, Responsive Industries Ltd, Jain Irrigation Systems and many more.|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000 to 6,00,000||INR 4,00,000 to 7,00,000|
BTech Plastic Technology: Top Colleges
The table below shows the best BTech Plastic Technology colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|College Name||Average Fee||Average Salary Package|
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology||INR 40,000||INR 4 LPA|
|Gujarat Technological University||INR 75,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology||INR 40,000||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Institute of Chemical Technology||INR 95,000||INR 6 LPA|
|University Institute of Chemical Technology||INR 35,000||INR 5 LPA|
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology||INR 40,000||INR 5.2 LPA|
|Aryabhatta Knowledge University||INR 25,000||INR 6.5 LPA|
BTech Plastic Technology: College Comparison
The table given below depicts the comparison made among the three top BTech Plastic Technology colleges in India:
|Parameter||Gujarat Technological University||Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology|
|Overview||Gujarat Technological University is a state university and came into existence on May 16, 2007. It is approved by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and is the first University in Gujarat which uses many Information Technology tools for its major activities.||Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology is a Public College and headquarter of all CIPET institutes in India and was established in the year 1968 by the Government of India. It is managed by the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, India.|
|Average Fee||INR 75,000||INR 40,000|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based||Entrance Based|
|Average Salary||INR 4.5 LPA||INR 4 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Kingfa Science & Technology Ltd, Arrow Coated Products Ltd, Wim Plast Ltd, Jain Irrigation Systems and many more.||VIP Industries Ltd, Nilkamal Ltd, Mayur Uniquoters Ltd, Responsive Industries Ltd,|
BTech Plastic Technology: Syllabus
Below given is a semester wise syllabus of BTech Plastic Technology course:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Technical English 1||Electricals and electronics engineering|
|Engineering Physics 1||Technical English 2|
|Engineering Chemistry 1||Engineering Mechanics|
|Mathematics 1||Engineering Physics 2|
|Engineering Graphics||Engineering Chemistry 2|
|Computer Programming||Mathematics 2|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Mathematics in differential equation||Polyurethane Technology|
|Material engineering||Adhesive and surface coating|
|Environmental science||Polymer nanocomposites|
|Organic chemistry||Techniques for statistics quality|
|Material and their strength||Biomedical plastic|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Mathematics in probability||Physical property of polymers|
|Mould manufacturing||Polymer rheology|
|Structure, property and relationship of polymer||Polymerization|
|Chemical engineering||Application of plastic materials|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Open Elective II||Open Elective IV|
|Open Elective III||Open Elective V|
|Fundamentals of tile design||Practical|
|Rubber Technology||Plastic processing Technology|
BTech Plastic Technology: Recommended Books
Below given are the books that every student must have in order to grasp an in depth knowledge about Plastic Technology.
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Plastics technology handbook||Manas Chanda|
|Handbook of Plastics, Elastomers, and Composites||Charles A Harper|
|Handbook of Plastic Technology: Plastic Processing Operations, (Injection, Compression, Transfer and Blow Moulding) Vol. I (HB)||Allen; Baker|
|Plastics Technology: Introduction and Fundamentals||Christian Bonten|
|Handbook of Plastics Technologies: The Complete Guide to Properties and Performance||Charles A Harper|
|Polymer Science and Technology||Robert O. Ebewele|
|Total Quality Process Control for Injection Molding||M. Joseph Gordon|
BTech Plastic Technology: Job Profiles
After completing BTech Plastic Technology degree course, the successful students have enormous career and job opportunities. They can find potential job options in major recruiting companies like VIP Industries Ltd, Nilkamal Ltd, Mayur Uniquoters Ltd, Responsive Industries Ltd, etc.
Some of the most popular job roles for BTech Plastic Technology graduates are described in the following along with the average annual salary packages:
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Salary Package|
|Plastic Engineer||They encompass the processing, design, development, and manufacture of plastics products.||INR 4 LPA|
|Plastic Testing Manager||They are responsible for the planning, coordination, and control of various test activities.||INR 4.6 LPA|
|Design Technician||He or She is a specific type of engineering technician who works with engineers who create designs for electrical or mechanical products or large structures such as buildings, highways and bridges.||INR 5.2 LPA|
|Storage Manager||They allow you to organize storage pools into one or more hierarchical structures.||INR 6 LPA|
|Mould Designer||They use computer-aided design (CAD) software to create plastic molds for manufacturing processes.||INR 5.2 LPA|
BTech Plastic Technology: Future Scope
Upon successful completion of BTech Plastic Technology, apart from seeking jobs, candidates who wish to go for further higher studies, can opt for the following degree programs, like;
- M.Tech: Candidates who wish to continue further higher education in the same field of Engineering, can go for MTech Course. It is a 2-year PG degree course offering advanced knowledge on different technological aspects on technical terms.
- PG Diploma: Students can opt for PG Diploma courses in the related field of Engineering as it will provide them a practical experience and knowledge. These courses are for a duration of 1 year and candidates can easily get a job after pursuing such courses with a decent salary.
- MBA: A large number of BTech Plastic Technology engineering graduates choose to go for the management road by choosing to pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Having a BTech Plastic Technology degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates with a handsome amount of salary.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that BTech Plastic Technology graduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. These competitive examinations are meant for job opportunities in government organizations are most popular as these Jobs are secure with assured high pay and regular increments and perks.
BTech Plastic Technology: FAQs
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for BTech Plastic Technology Course?
Ans. To be eligible for BTech Plastic Technology Course study the applicants must have completed their 10+2 level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized educational board with a minimum 60% aggregate score.
Ques. What is the impact of Covid-19 in the BTech Plastic Technology Course admission process?
Ans. There are few changes i.e. delay of exam, precautionary measures implemented, strict rules during the time of BTech Electronics Plastic Technology Course admission. The dates have been rescheduled and most of the offline mode exams are conducting online exams or taking students on the basis of merit marks obtained at the Intermediate level (10+2) from the recognised board.
Ques. Can I get direct admission to the BTech Plastic Technology Program?
Ans. It depends on colleges as Some colleges and institutes accept admissions without any entrance exams i.e. based on the candidate's merit in the qualifying examination for the students.
Ques. What should the candidate do after BTech Plastic Technology, MBA or MTech?
Ans. It depends on whether the candidate wants to go for managerial job opportunities or wants to go up in the stand alone technical field. MBA Courses will help candidates to go up in the direction of Management and MTech is suitable for those who want to continue in the technical field related to Technology.
Ques. Is Mathematics necessary at 12th class for admission into this program and how much percentage is required at 12th class for admission into a good BTech Electronics Plastic Technology college?
Ans. Yes. Mathematics is a compulsory subject for admission to this program and the cut-off for the aggregate score is different for different institutes but a minimum score of 45% to 60% and above is sufficient.
Ques. Who should opt for BTech Plastic Technology?
Ans. Students who have the ability to make use of theoretical concepts to solve practical and real-life problems can opt for BTech Plastic Technology Course. Those who have an inquisitive mind, will power and good verbal and non-verbal communication skills can choose BTech Plastic Technology.