Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Poultry Production Technology is a four-year undergraduate course which is provided by the institute/ universities.
See more: BTech Courses
The 10+2 level students in science stream can only be eligible for this course. This course is new in the Technology field.
Students who wish to apply for the admission process have to appear for the entrance examination which is conducted on national, state or college level. Courses include for the students such as food products processing,
Poultry production Technology many more. The average fees for the particular course are INR 300,000 per annum. The candidates who are applying for the admissions must have knowledge of subjects like maths, biology, chemistry and physics.
Job opportunities for the graduate students are available in the field of pharmaceutical concerns, feed miller's, hatcheries, veterinary hospital, feed production companies and many more.
See more: Agricultural Courses
The average placement package of freshers who graduate in poultry production Technology usually range between INR 200,000 to INR 300,000. After completion of B.Tech in Poultry production Technology course, one can go for M.tech in poultry production Technology, PhD etc.
The poultry specialist can start their career in private as well as in a public organisation in various positions such as poultry Farm Manager, Poultry Breeder, Poultry Hand, poultry production Supervisor and many more.
They usually get employment in rural as well as urban areas like animal husbandry. The career option will be technical/ Managerial position in breeder farms, feed industry and many more.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Course Highlights
Overview for B.tech poultry production Technology program is given below in the table format.
|Full-Form||B.Tech poultry production Technology|
|Eligibility criteria||Passed 10+2 from the recognised board with PCM|
|Admission process||Entrance Exams and counselling|
|Average course fees||INR 300,000|
|Average annual salary||INR 4,20,000|
|Top recruiting companies||New Hope Liuhe, Wen's Food Group, CP Group, Doyoo Group, Sunner Development Co. And many more|
|Job position||Farm Manager, Poultry Breeder, Poultry Hand, poultry production Supervisor and many more.|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Admission Process
All the colleges have different admission processes. It varies from college to college or state to state. Most of the institute required the candidates to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the institute. Students who have completed their 10+2 exams are eligible to appear for the entrance examination. The guide for the students to apply for entrance exam based admissions are as follows:
- The registration for the entrance examination is announced days by the college. Interested students need to create their account with the basic information like an email I'd, contact number etc.
- The Interested students are requested to fill all the necessary information properly with care. The details must be properly structured, accurate and correct.
- Scan and upload all the necessary documents properly like mark sheets, adhar card. Documents need to be submitted I specific format, as specified by the institute or college guide.
- Application fees are to be paid online while submitting the application form to the university/ college. The payment can be done by any online payment mode.
- Admit cards are released once all the applications are received and shortlisted. The Admit Card must be downloaded and printed out for the day of the examination. Printed copies of admit cards are allowed in order to appear for the examination.
- Students must be prepared for their particular exams as per the syllabus or last paper guidelines. Appear for the exam on a particular date.
- After the examination commencement, the results will be announced after a couple of weeks. If the candidates will pass for the first round, then they will progress to the second round of the examination.
- When the results get announced, selected students can take the admissions to the particular college in the field of poultry production Technology.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech in Poultry production Technology is not that tough. Students must keep in mind that eligibility criteria differ from college to college or state to state.
- The candidates who all are applying for the particular course must complete a 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum marks of 55% in PCM/ PCB.
- The students who have completed their diploma in textile engineering, textile technology or textile chemistry can also apply for poultry production Technology course through lateral entry.
- Apart from this, Students are required to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute in order to get admitted in the poultry production Technology course.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Entrance Exams
There are many entrance examinations conducted on the national and state level to appear for the admission into the B.Tech poultry production Technology program. Below are some of the popular B.Tech poultry production Technology entrance exams:
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|KVASU||Aug 2021||Sept 2021|
|NEET||Feb 2021||May 2021|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: How to Prepare for the Entrance Exams?
To help the candidates, crack their entrance examination following points can be referred:
- Make a strict routine for study. Includes each subject for the study and follows the timetable strictly.
- Clear the concept of the basic topics first. If the base will be strong then all the advance will complete later on. The base will be more useful.
- Do practice as much as possible and solve all the last paper entrance exams questions.
- Make separate time for the tough questions. And focus more on particular topics. If needed, take help from your mentors.
- Listen to the toppers' view and take help from your seniors to crack the entrance examination.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
Many factors come into line in getting admission into top B.Tech poultry production Technology college. Some of these common factors include,
- Be aware of the type of questions they ask for the entrance exam. Some papers are comparatively easier to attempt than others. So prepare accordingly.
- Since poultry courses can be pursued after 10+2. So, the questions are asked from the 10+2 syllabus. Must go over the notes and last year's papers. Revision of all the basic concepts must be done.
- Some papers have English sections. Prepare those sections with the past year's question's paper and from the syllabus.
- Take a look at the daily updates. Keep up to date with the basic updates about the preparation of exams.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: What is it all About?
Poultry is one of the well known fastest growing branches of the agricultural courses in India.
- Poultry careers provide extra income and job opportunities to rural areas people in the shortest period of time.
- The course is most important for the farmer's economy.
- Poultry gives the rich natural manure and an important source of employment.
- In Poultry production Technology, various subjects are taught in the discipline of basic science.
- Poultry course is the best for the rural areas of people. This will provide high benefits to people living in those areas.
Why Study? BTech Poultry Production Technology?
The goals of every student are different, and it depends on the students and their goals. Some reasons behind pursue this course is as follows
- Reputed profession: Poultry is a highly reputed profession especially, for those who are connected to the rural areas. Graduates are able to find their job immediately. Interested candidates can also start their poultry production business. It is one of the reputable degrees one can get. Any students with the passion of science can get success in this field.
- Get High Pay: The pay scale for poultry production Technology is on the highest side in both the private and public sector. The work involves a farm manager, poultry breeder, etc. The efforts and hard work you pay for your work the more salary you will get.
- Careers Opportunities: Poultry production Technology gives the students ample amount of careers opportunity. There is no limit of educational programs one can opt for this course. You can get employment in public as well as government sectors.
- After completing the studies one can get the fair salary of an average of INR 35,000 to 50,000, depending upon the candidate's efforts and knowledge.
- Students can further pursue a PG course such as M.Tech, PhD in poultry production Technology course.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Course Comparison
The course comparison between BTech Poultry Production Technology and B.V.Sv. Poultry Production Technology is as follows. And also check out the best poultry production Technology college in India
|Parameters||B.Tech Poultry Production Technology||B.V.Sc. Poultry Production Technology|
|Duration||4 years||3 years|
|Focus Area||It is a theory-oriented course which is the fastest growing branch of agricultural courses in India. It provides careers extra income and job opportunities to rural areas people in the shortest period of time. The course is most important for the farmer's economy.||The courses deal with the studying topics like swine production and Management, advance in cattle and buffalo management and more.|
|Admission Criteria||State-level entrance examination||An entrance exam, reservation category|
|Eligibility criteria||20+2 with 55% aggregate marks in PCM subjects||10+2 with physics, maths and biology|
|Average course fees||INR 300,000 - 4,00,000||INR 40,000 - 1,00,000|
|Job opportunities||Farm Manager, Poultry Breeder, Poultry Hand, poultry production Supervisor and many more.||Veterinary physician, farm manager, veterinary dermatologist, veterinarian assistant and more|
|Area of Employment||Feeding technologist, breeder, poultry Farm manager, farm transporter etc||poultry farms, veterinary hospital, agricultural sector, an equine veterinarian and more|
|Average placements package||INR 4,20,000||INR 3,60,000|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Top Colleges
Some of the top B.Tech in Poultry production institutes are as follows:
|Name of the College/University||Average Fees|
|Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai||INR 74,185|
|College of Food and Dairy Technology, Tamilnadu||INR 74,000|
|College of Poultry Production and Management, Hosur, Tamil Nadu||INR 60,000|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: BTech Poultry Production Technology: Syllabus
The subjects taught for the B.Tech poultry production Technology are almost similar in every college. Below is the syllabus for the entire B. Tech poultry production Technology courses are as follows.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Introduction of Poultry Science||Anatomy and physiology of chicken|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Poultry nutrition and biochemistry||Poultry disease and pharmacology|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Breeder and hatchery Management||Poultry products and technology|
|Broiler management||Poultry entrepreneurship|
|Layer management||Poultry waste management|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Important Books
These are some books which can help the students to have a better understanding of subjects and courses.
|Name of the book||Author|
|All about broilers and market poultry generally||Boyer, Michael K.|
|Poultry keeping: for pleasure and profit||Roland, Arthur|
|A living from poultry||Boyer, Michael K.|
|Poultry Behaviour and welfare||M C Appleby, B O Hughes|
|Poultry production in hot climates||N.J Daghir|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Job Profiles
The careers option in poultry production Technology is a good scope for the individuals.
- After completing the course you can find a job in various fields like Hatcheries, pharmaceutical concerns, feed miller's, feed analysis laboratories etc.
- Poultry has made remarkable opportunities, mostly in the private sector. One can get a fair salary with high exposure in this field.
Some of the common job profiles that B.tech in poultry production Technology students can go for is as follows. Here are the job descriptions along with the salary details in the below table.
|Job Position||Job Description||Annual Average Salary|
|Poultry Farm Manager||The task of the poultry Farm Manager is to decide on the necessary amount of machinery and a number of workers also observe the machinery such as egg collection with the help of Supervisor.||INR 3,60,000|
|Poultry Breeder||A poultry breeder's main work is to grow chickens to produce eggs or for meat. Their work is to typically feed and care for them keeping charts to select the optimum chickens for production and mating. Some people work in research labs and in the offices of poultry producers.||INR 3,40,000|
|Poultry Production Supervisor||A poultry farm supervisor ensures all the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations. Their duties are to assign farmworkers and ensure that they are carried out in an efficient manner.||INR 3,99,000|
|Poultry Hand||Poultry hand positions are usually the beginning of a career in the poultry production industry. Their duties include caring for poultry, maintaining a hygienic and clean environment, operating machinery and equipment.||INR 2,00,000|
BTech Poultry Production Technology: Future Scope
BTech Poultry Production Technology course offers students to do jobs after completion of the degree or can opt for higher studies.
- The most popular choice of higher studies on completion of B.Tech degree in poultry production Technology is pursuing a Masters or Doctorate in the same field or MBA.
- Besides this, one can start Broiler Farming and Poultry Farming. The future of these businesses seems to be very bright.
BTech Poultry Production Technology: FAQs
Ques. What is the work profile of poultry farming?
Ques. Where are the employment opportunities available in poultry production technology?
- Kamdhenu Udyog Pvt. Ltd.
- Suyog Agro & Poultry Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Suguna Foods Private Ltd.
- Wiser Foods
- Anmol Feeds
Ques. What is the examination process for poultry production technology?
Ques. How many seats are available for the course of poultry production technology?
Ques. What are the courses one can do after 10+2 in the poultry production technology field?
Ques. What are the Poultry courses objectives?
Ques. Which are the top colleges for Poultry production technology?
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Bareilly
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Pondicherry University
- Karnataka Veterinary Animal and Fisheries Sciences University
Ques. What are the average fees of poultry production technology in India?
Ques. Are there any certificate courses available for poultry production technology?
Ques. After completion of poultry production technology courses, in which field I can find a job?