Basic Teachers Course is a certificate-level course with a 4-semester system completed in 2 years. It is an NCTE (National Council for Teachers Education), Government of India, approved course.
See more: Education Courses
One must pass 10+2 and have a graduation degree, to be eligible for the Basic Teachers Course. Entrance exams/interviews are held by NCTE to select eligible candidates, with a minimum qualifying mark.
The course is meant to train potential candidates as successful teachers. The methods of the course are basic but essential for anyone who wants to pursue a career in teachership. After completion of Basic Teachers Course, one meets more chances to get hired by govt schools.
Basic Teachers Course: Course Highlights
The table includes main points of the course.
|Full-form||Basic Teachers Course|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam/Merit list|
|Course fee||INR 1,50,000|
|Top Recruiters||Govt/Private School, Publishers, Coaching Centres|
|Job possibilities||Teacher/Lecturer/Writer/Counsellor/School Advisor/Private Tutor, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2,41,411|
Basic Teachers Course: Admission Process
The admission process for Basic Teachers Course can vary from College to college.
- The process is based on the merit list.
- An entrance examination is held by NCTE with some rules. An interview process is also followed after the exam.
- Once you clear the exam/interview, you will be eligible for the course.
- In some institutions, they also follow direct admissions or donation-based admission.
Basic Teachers Course: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Basic Teachers Course are decided by NCTE and state government.
- The candidates must have cleared their 10+2 level education with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University(cutoffs can vary according to the college/state).
- Bachelor's degree holders can also apply for the course.
- The candidate's age must be above 18 years and not more than 30/35 years old.
- A good aptitude for teaching will be a plus.
- Working teachers who want to improve their skills can also apply.
Basic Teachers Course: Entrance Exams
The entrance exams for Basic Teachers Course are carried out according to the norms set by NCTE and state government.
|Event||UP BEd JEE|
|Registration Date||January 2021- February 2021|
|Exam Date||May 19, 2021|
|Result Date||June 25, 2021|
Basic Teachers Course: How to Prepare for the Entrance Exam?
- Understand the Structure of the Exam: Understanding the exam structures will give you a clearer view of what's coming, also, check the syllabus of the course to kick start your preparation.
- Start Early: As time would not wait for you, start at an earlier time. You will get enough time to revise before the exam.
- Have the Right Material: Collect the right materials to study effectively. Follow the quality of the material over wasting time on numerous confusing books/guides, etc.
- Things to Remember:
- Avoid procrastination.
- Mock tests are best for effective preparation.
- Also, Revise whenever you can.
- Ask for help, if necessary.
- Point out your weak subjects and focus on it more.
Basic Teachers Course: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
- Get a good academic record: As many colleges accept candidates with a minimum 50% of marks in the 10+2 level education system, having a good academic record can fulfil your dream to become a teacher.
- Prepare well for the Entrance Exams: Know the details like exam syllabus/question patterns/previous year questions/cut-off marks, etc. and prepare accordingly. Entrance exams vary according to the colleges. Hence, check the related information beforehand. Don't leave a single leaf unturned.
- Develop Qualities: Being a teacher is not an easy thing. If you are preparing for the elementary teaching profession, work on yourself to develop qualities like patience, compassion, understanding, open-minded, better communication, dedication, endurance, etc. The overall development of personality is a necessity.
- Besides, track the record of exam registration date/exam schedules/other important updates related to your exam/course.
Basic Teachers Course: What is it About?
- The Basic Teachers Course is a type of training/real-life experience for future Teachers.
- The course aids in building the required skills, attitudes, and behaviour as an Ideal Teacher.
- The course is of 2 years and is prepared by NCTE and state govt to imply certain rules/policies on the aspirants to make them efficient teachers.
- Teachership is the noblest job and the course curriculum helps the candidates to be one.
- The Basic Teachers Course covers areas like: Teaching principles/teaching methods/ethics/child development/health education/moral education/student evaluation, etc.
Why Study Basic Teachers Course?
Basic Teachers Course is a 2 years training course for teachership job aspirants.
- Enriches teaching skills with practical experience
- Having a certificate in Basic Teachers Course facilitates the chance of getting jobs in govt schools
- Helps in building qualities like being patient, confident, compassionate, understanding, unbiased/open-minded, etc.
- Being a teacher is a prestigious job in society and gives immeasurable satisfaction/peace of mind.
- Taking part in the making of the Nation.
- A role model for your fellow students.
Basic Teachers Course: Course Comparison
(BTC) Basic Teachers Course Vs (D.ED) Diploma in Education course are similar but some of the differences are listed below:
|Eligibility||50% marks in 10+2/Bachelor's Degree||50% marks in 10+2 level|
|Course Fee||INR 1,50,000||INR 2,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Elementary Teacher||Nursery School Teacher|
|Average Salary||INR 2,41,411||INR 2,00,000|
Basic Teachers Course: Top Colleges
The table has the list of top colleges of India providing Teaching courses.
|College Name||Location||Course Fee||Average Package|
|Bhagawan Buddha Primary Teachers Education College||Siwan||INR 65,000||INR 2,00,000|
|Bhagawati Education Centre Degree College||Kanpur||INR 50,000||-|
|District Institute of Education and Training||Dehradun||INR 9,200||-|
|Rama College of Education||Meerut||-||INR 1,50,000|
|Swami Vivekananda College||Jaipur||INR 35,000||INR 3,25,000|
|Indraprastha Institute of Education and Management||Ghaziabad||INR 82,000||-|
|R. P. (PG) College (RPPGC)||Bareilly||-||-|
|Adarsh College of Education||Himachal Pradesh||INR 36,000||INR 1,90,000|
See more: Basic Teachers Course Colleges in India
Basic Teachers Course: College Comparison
Bhagawan Buddha Primary Teachers Education College Vs Adarsh College of Education.
|College Name||Bhagawan Buddha Primary Teachers Education College, Bihar||Adarsh College of Education, Himachal Pradesh|
|Overview||The college was established in 1983. It is approved by NCTE||The college is approved by NCTE and affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University|
|Average Fee||INR 65,000||INR 36,000|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam/merit list/Interview||Entrance exam/merit list/Interview|
|Placements||Govt/Private School/Colleges/Coaching Classes etc||Govt/Private school/Colleges/Tutoring Classes etc|
|Job Profiles||Teacher/Tutor/Academic Advisor/Counselor/Freelance Teacher etc||Teacher/Tutor/Academic Advisor/Counselor/Freelance Teacher etc|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000||INR 1,90,000|
Basic Teachers Course: Distance Education
- With the advancement of technology and shortage of time Distance Education becomes an effective way to do an equal job and save resources.
- Here you don't need to worry about your college on time rather you utilize the same time on learning the same course digitally.
- Materials of the course are sent to your home. You learn from your home, at your own time. You save both valuable resources- time and money.
- Any doubts!, you have your guide's contact information to send the query and get your solution within a matter of minutes/hours.
- This way you learn how to be creative/imaginative/playful to handle your future students.
|College/Institute/Online Platforms||Course Duration||Course Fee|
|IGNOU||6 Months-1.6 Years||INR 4,000|
|Asian College of teachers||8 Months||INR 22,000|
|AP Teachers Training Institute||-||INR 10,000|
Basic Teachers Course: Syllabus
The syllabus covers all aspects of developments of a teacher.
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Teaching methods/Principles||Evaluation of education/management of school/health and community education|
|Child Development in terms of psychology||Learning practical aspects of teaching/language study/mathematics/general science/social science/environment science|
|Social science/environment science/mathematics/language study||Cognitive development|
|Cognitive development through art/music/moral education/physical education||Internship|
Basic Teachers Course: Important Books
|Child Development & Pedagogy||Arihant Publications|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||Disha Publications|
|Mathematics Book||R. D. Sharma|
|English Grammar Book||Wren & Martin by S. Chan's Publications|
Basic Teachers Course: Job Profiles
Job profiles and salary for BTC certificate holders as follows:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Govt Teacher||Teachership in government schools||INR 2,81,821|
|Private Teacher||Teachership in private colleges||INR 2,00,000|
|Write/Editor||Someone who creates original contents as Novel/Stories, or edits someone else's work||INR 3,10,178|
|School Principal||School Head||INR 5,97,642|
|Counsellor||Counselling school or student||INR 2,96,939|
|Private Tutor||Tutoring/teaching at a coaching centre||INR 8,15,661|
|School Education Manager||Someone who manages school's education process/different activities of the school||INR 2,86,240|
Basic Teachers Course: Future Scope
The Basic Teachers Course makes you a certified teacher. With the experience of teaching your future scopes will only increase.
- After Basic Teachers Course the candidates get confirmed as eligible teachers.
- There are many future scopes after the completion of the course such as Secure jobs with a good salary, More chances of getting promoted, Jobs even after retirement, Private jobs with no age restrictions, Teacherpreneurship(Tutor/coach), Academic Counsellor, Advisor, so on
- Candidates can also choose to further study BEd, MEd and go for an PhD Education, or opt for management field by doing PGDM or MBA.
Basic Teachers Course: FAQs
Ques. What is the Basic TeacherCourse?
Ans. It is a 2-year training course provided by NCTE to prepare efficient teachers for the country.
Ques. Why should I do a Basic Teachers Course?
Ans. The Basic Teachers Course adds value to your teaching career. It facilitates the chance of getting jobs in govt schools with a good salary.
Ques. What is the difference between B El Ed and BCT?
Ans. B. El. Ed. is a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education course enabling candidates to be a teacher. BCT is a 2-year Basic Teachers Course, basically providing training for teachers.
Ques. What are the qualifications for BCT?
Ans. You must secure 50% marks in 10+2 level, must appear in the entrance exam/interview to get selected for the BCT. One should not be more than 35 years old.
Ques. How should I prepare for the BCT exam?
Ans. Start early. Know the course syllabus/exam pattern. Collect the right material. Study and revise. Don't forget to do mock tests.
Ques. How many fees does the course BCT need?
Ans. The course fees vary from INR 4,000 to INR 2LPA.
Ques. What is the future after the Basic Teachers Course?
Ans. Your future is very much likely to get good job opportunities. Govt schools prefer BCT pass-outs, but private schools or related fields are also given importance to a Basic Teachers Course certificate holder.
Ques. Will my salary increase after the Basic Teachers Course?
Ans. Salary depends on which posts you are getting hired. BCT surely enhances the chances of getting hired. But as a fresher, you have to start from INR 1-2 LPA but with your experience, you will get a rise in your salary.
Ques. What qualities should a person have to become a good teacher?
Ans. Qualities like patience, unbiased, compassionate, kindness, disciplined, confident, understanding, Good endurance capacity, etc. makes you an Ideal Teacher.
Ques. Is Distance Education Available for a Basic Teachers Course?
Ans. Yes. Distance Education for Basic Teachers Course is available. Read the above article to know more about it.