Business analysts conduct different levels of analysis of business data and provide recommendations or strategic direction to help the business become sustainable and grow. Business analyst is one of the top-paying jobs in India’s enterprise and IT sector and is expected to grow by 19% in the next 5-6 years.
Top companies like TCS, Accenture, Capgemini recruit business analyst professionals who have pursued business analyst courses such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management/Information Technology or a Master’s Degree in Business Analytics for senior-level roles.
Apart from full-time business analyst courses and work experience, having Business Analysis Certifications, like Project Management and Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) helps to gain a competitive edge over other candidates and get high-level salaries.
The average salary of a Business Analyst ranges between INR 3,50,000 – 5,00,000. A Business Analyst, with over 15 years of experience, can easily earn INR 12,09,787. Business Analysts in Pune and Bangalore earn 17.7% and 12.9% more.
What is a Business Analyst Course?
Business Analysts hold expertise on understanding the processes through which the business works.
- There are various levels at which you can pursue Business Analyst Courses, right from the Diploma and UG level to the PG and Doctoral Level.
- One can also do online certification programs on Business Analytics courses, both free and paid.
- Business analyst online courses are provided by websites like Udemy, Coursera, edX, etc.
- Generally, the students prefer to take the Business Analyst Courses at the PG level (MBA or PGDM program) or complete an online certification program.
- The duration of the Business Analyst courses varies at each level. Diploma or PG Diploma courses are usually 1-3 years, certifications are either self-paced or up to 1 year of duration, UG level courses are 3-4 years of duration, PG level courses are usually 2 years of duration, and Doctoral programs are for 2-6 years of duration.
- Students need to complete 10+2 to become eligible for a diploma or certificate business analyst course. For higher degree courses like BBA/BCom/BVoc or MBA business analyst courses, they need to have qualified the previous level, and have a valid score in management or engineering entrance exams, depending upon the type of business analyst course.
The average salary for a person who has completed any Business Analyst Courses is between INR 4-15 lakh, depending on the academic level achieved.
Some of the top skills demanded in a Business Analyst in the market are Python, R programming, MS Excel, Tableau, and MS SQL.
Why Business Analyst?
- Business Analysts as a profession is expected to grow 14 percent between 2018 and 2028, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This is a higher growth rate than other professions.
- Business Analysts are in high demand in every area of the business domain. They use data to outline problems, opportunities, and solutions for businesses and report them back to the stakeholders in the organization.
- Business Analysts also play a very crucial role in fixing outdated processes, driving new technology adoption, and innovation in the business world to meet the business requirements.
- A Business Analyst's career path can take them in multiple directions, depending on their experience and future career goals. They have a very lucrative career and often are the torch bearer of change.
Who Can Pursue Business Analyst Courses?
Business Analyst as a profession is suited for both new and experienced professionals. Professionals of any educational background with an analytical frame of mind are best suited to pursue the Business Analyst Course who want to make a successful career out of them , including:
- College Graduates who are aspiring to become Business Analysts.
- New Business Analysts who want to improve their craft.
- Professionals such as administrators, managers, and project leads who are performing business analysis on a daily basis.
- IT professionals
- Project managers
- Banking and finance professionals
- Marketing managers
- Sales professionals
- Supply chain network managers
- Beginners in the data analytics domain
Read More: Machine Learning Courses
What Does a Business Analyst Do?
- Business Analysts hold expertise on understanding the processes through which the business works.
- Evaluating those processes for efficiency, cost, and results.
- Business Analysts compile recommendations for process adjustments, innovative technologies or any other areas of improvement.
- They lead the research, design, and implementation of any technology or processes that require a more substantial technical understanding within the group, including the development of functional specifications.
- Business Analysts manage projects, develop project plans, monitor performance, and ensure timely turnover of deliverables.
- Communicate changes, recommendations, and procedures to business teams.
- Business Analysts remain engaged with top business leaders to help them understand how changes impact the goals of the organization.
Know More About Data Analytics Course
Pros of Becoming a Business Analyst
The Advantages of becoming a Business Analyst are as follows:
- Helps to Monitor the progress of the mission: They quantify the values and data which helps the business to improve by evaluating the data to gain a clearer picture of what to expect from the employees.
- Helps increase efficiency: Business Analyst gathers data in a large amount at a fast rate and displays it in a formulated and appealing way to achieve the organizational goals. Business Analysts help in contributing a culture of efficiency and also help other employees to share their insights and make them involved in the decision making process.
- Helps to stay Updated: Business analysts have a clear understanding of how the target market thinks and behave. This allows them to be dynamic at every step of the process to serve better to the organizational needs and aspirations.
Cons of Becoming a Business Analyst
There are few points which one needs to watch if want to build a successful career as a Business Analyst.
- Getting it done without Authority: Business Analysts have a hectic schedule and tasks in day to day life. Their duties can range from managing stakeholders (from the CEO to the end user who is generating a report in some corner) and maintaining an IT department along with balancing a unique set of requirements specific to the task.
- Value Creator: Business Analysts have to draw out requirements, confirmations and enter into the communication with the stakeholders who do not always see the efforts that went into the business analysis and will respond accordingly.
- Know it All: Business Analysts need to have a deeper and wider knowledge of the business than the stakeholders which is an unrealistic expectation.
- Unsung Hero: Most modern inventions that applied technology and innovation to industry are a direct result of business analysis that created billions of dollars of revenue, but the Business Analysts are yet to get their dues.
Types of Business Analyst
There are 3 types of Business Analysts which focuses on the Business, the System side and the one who started off in the above two but moved onto the area that they didn’t start with.
Business Process Analyst
The job of a Business Process Analyst to identify these troublesome processes, optimize and possibly automate them, to make life easier for clients and customers.
- They Analyse Process models by comparing them to the future and improved designs and determine the necessary changes for arriving at the improved state.
- Business Process Analysts design business processes and manage any subsequent changes to them.
- Business Analysts govern the implementation business process by identifying, documenting and analysing business rules.
- They write Business Process Management System (BPMS) specifications to be used by the developers for process automation
- Texting and Executing the BPMS to ensure that the right results are achieved.
- Examining the processes holistically to understand the impact of changing them on people, strategy, existing software applications and general business operations.
- Collecting feedback on process performance by collecting data forms the basis of future process improvement projects.
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value delivery.
Business System Analyst
- Business System Analysts are computer system analysts and Architects.
- They help an organization operate more efficiently and effectively through the design and implementation of information technology systems,
- They use both business and information technology tools to evaluate a company’s operating systems and procedures and design improvements.
- They typically consult with managers or other leaders of functional areas to understand how they use IT systems, research emerging technologies that might be a good fit for the company, analyze costs and benefits, implement new systems and train the system’s users, or write instruction manuals.
- Business System Analysts tend to specialize in certain systems—based on what their company uses. Analysts could focus on financial computer systems or engineering computer systems for example.
Generalist Business Analyst
- Business Analytics as a cycle can be perceived as consolidating data analytics and business knowledge on a given arrangement of data to make future business procedures and plans.
- This part of the board includes investigation and analysis of present data to pick up understanding for arranging and execution of future business systems and objectives.
- Business Analytics helps in upgrading tasks, expanding income by saving money on operational expense, improving better client connection, and foresee future patterns in the market, subsequently empowering precise key choices and business plans.
Degrees in Business Analyst
To become a Business Analyst one has to obtain certain qualifications during his/her career. Below mentioned are the processes or ways through which one can become a Business Analyst in his career.
Business Analyst Courses: Certifications
Business Analyst certifications are available through both online and offline means. Most of the business analyst courses online are self-paced as compared to an offline business analyst certification program.
- Business analyst certification, especially online ones, are most preferred by students due to their ease of accessibility.
- Such certifications also act as a plus point on the resume while applying for a job.
- While online courses are offered by websites and foreign institutes, offline certificate courses are offered by Indian Universities only.
- Colleges or institutes that provide business analyst certifications go through a formal application process and select students based on merit or work experience
Business analyst certification is most suitable for those planning to learn new skills or enter the industry on a short-term basis.
The average salary after the Business Analyst courses is generally INR 2-3 lakh.
Top Online Business Analyst Course Certificates
The table below shows some of the best BA course certificates available online on different websites in English.
|The Complete Business Analysis Fundamentals Course+CERT||Udemy||Self-paced (Lifetime access)||INR 400|
|Entry Certificate in Business Analysis||IIBA||Self-paced (Lifetime access)||$60 (INR 4,400)|
|CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) Training||Simplilearn||Self-paced (Lifetime access)||INR 8,999|
|Business Analytics Specialization (University of Pennsylvania – Wharton)||Coursera||Flexible Schedule||Free (for audit) + Financial aid available (for paid courses)|
|Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization (Duke University)||Coursera||Flexible Schedule||Free (for audit) + Financial aid available (for paid courses)|
|Business Analytics Certification Program||Upgrad||3 months||INR 20,000 + GST|
Top Offline Business Analyst Course Certificates
Below are some of the top offline courses available in India for Business Analyst roles.
|Certificate Name||Colleges Offering||Duration||Average Fees|
|Certificate in Business Analytics – CBA (for Working Professionals)||NMIMS Mumbai||9 months (weekend classes)||INR 6,00,000|
|Professional Certificate Program in Business Analytics (for Working Professionals)||IIM Kozhikode (through Talentedge)||5 months (weekend classes)||INR 80,000 (For Indian students) USD 1750 (For International students)|
Diploma in Business Analyst Courses
Diploma courses refer to UG Diplomas which require the students to complete the 10th grade at least, and PG Diploma refers to Postgraduate Diplomas which require the students to complete a bachelor’s degree in the Business Analytics or equivalent stream.
- The UG diploma business analyst course admissions consider the 10th-grade marks or 10+2 marks in some cases.
- The PG diploma business analyst courses admissions consider the graduation marks and the entrance exam score.
- A merit list is prepared based on the above criteria. According to the merit list, the students are awarded admissions.
- The UG diploma Business Analyst courses are very rare to find as the skills needed for a Business Analyst can be gained through a diploma course in computer science as well. Still, there are a few such courses offered in India.
- UG Diploma’s duration is 1-4 years whereas PG diploma’s duration is 1-2 years.
The PG Diploma course is done by students who are seeking a high-paying job as a Business Analyst.
The average salary after UG Diploma business analyst courses is around INR 2-5 lakh in India and for PG diploma business analyst courses is around INR 5-14 lakh.
Top UG Diploma Business Analyst Courses
|Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|Diploma in Data Science & Business Analytics||Amity University, Kolkata||INR 45,000-72,000|
|Diploma in Computer Science/Computer Engineering||Dr. B R Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Port Blair D.Y. Patil Polytechnic, Mumbai Amity University, Noida||INR 15,000-2,00,000|
|Diploma in Information Technology||D. Y. Patil Polytechnic, Mumbai Dr. B R Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Port Blair Amity University, Noida||INR 15,000-2,00,000|
Top PG Diploma Business Analyst Courses
Most of the PG Diploma courses are targeted towards working professionals. Below are the top PG diploma colleges offering this specialization in India.
|PG Diploma Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|Post Graduate Diploma (PGDM) in Business Analytics||BITS Pilani LN Welingkar Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi IIM Ahmedabad||INR 1,10,000-12,00,000|
|Executive Diploma in Business Analytics (1 year)||Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai||INR 2,00,000|
UG Level Business Analyst Courses
Business analyst courses at this level are usually a course or specialization taken in addition to a major stream. For example, BCom with a specialization in Business Analytics or BBA in Business Analytics.
- The UG-level business analyst courses are on-campus courses (offline).
- The engineering stream courses (BTech) require entrance examinations to appear whereas the management stream courses (BBA) may or may not require entrance examinations.
- Some of the top entrance exams for UG-level engineering stream courses include SU JEE, MHT CET, SUAT, UPSEE, and JEE Main.
- For the management courses, the students must complete 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% to 50% marks.
- Gitam University requires students to appear for UGAT or GOT examinations to become eligible for the BBA course.
- The duration of such business analyst courses is 3-4 years.
- The business analyst course fees vary from INR 4-17 lakh.
The average salary after completing these business analyst courses is in the range of INR 3-12 lakh. This depends upon your skills and your college.
Top UG Business Analyst Courses
UG level courses are mainly divided into 2 domains, Management and Engineering streams. The table below shows detailed information regarding each course.
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|BBA Business Analytics||Christ University, PuneGitam Institute of Management, VisakhapatnamPrestige Institute of Management and Research, IndoreKL University Business School, Guntur||INR 3-6 lakh|
|BCom Business Analytics||Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru||INR 2.4 lakh|
|BVoc (BPM & Analytics)||Shri Vishwakarma Skill University, Haryana||INR 33,000|
|BTech (Business Analytics & Optimization with IBM)||Sandip UniversityGalgotias UniversitySharda University||INR 5-9 lakh|
PG Level Business Analyst Courses
PG level Business Analyst courses are mostly pursued by the students who have come across BA as a subject in their UG level and want to go forward with a specialization in this field. Some might also pursue an inclination towards job opportunities outside.
- The duration of PG-level courses is generally 2 years. Such courses in this domain include MBA, PGP, etc.
- Admissions to most of the business analyst courses are done through an entrance exam.
- The executive program is done mostly through weekend offline classes and online assignments.
- Some of the top entrance exams for PG Level BA courses include CAT, GMAT, and other similar MBA entrance exams.
- To be eligible for PG courses, the students must complete a bachelor’s degree in a related stream with 45% to 50% marks along with an entrance exam score.
- The executive MBA program usually admits working professionals and does not require an appearance for an entrance exam.
Top PG Business Analyst Courses
Below are details of the top PG Level Business Analyst courses in India.
|Course Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|PGP Business Analytics||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||INR 2-3 lakh|
|Executive MBA / MBA in Business Analytics||NMIMS Mumbai IIM Ahmedabad IIM Calcutta||INR 4-12 lakh|
|Integrated Program in Business Analytics||IIM Indore||INR 5-7 lakh|
Doctorate Level Business Analyst Courses
The doctoral level is mostly pursued research purposes. This is not the most opted method to pursue a Business Analyst course, yet popular.
- The duration of such doctoral programs is 2 years minimum. However, it can be extended for up to 6 years.
- Most of the Indian colleges follow the UGC guidelines for admissions into the doctoral program.
- The Ph.D. programs require a Ph.D. entrance examination like CAT, GATE, GRE, etc. to be taken.
- The students are required to complete a master’s degree in business analytics or the relevant subject.
- They should have also secured a minimum of 55% to 60% marks along with the entrance exam score.
- PhD option allows the students to pursue higher-paying jobs in a company.
- The PhD specializations include Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, etc.
- Students interested in research or teaching fields mostly opt for Doctoral programs.
The average salary after doctorate courses is generally INR 10-15 lakh.
Top PhD Business Analyst Courses
These are some common PhD courses in this field.
|Course Name||Top Colleges||Average Fees|
|PhD Decision Sciences||IIM Bangalore||No tuition fee|
|PhD Management Information Systems||IIM Calcutta||No tuition fee|
|PhD Data Science||Christ UniversityBITS Pilani||INR 3-4 lakh|
Business Analyst Certifications
This Business Analytics certification course shows you the fundamental ideas of data analysis and statistics to help data-driven dynamic. This preparation acquaints you with Power BI and digs into the factual ideas that will help you devise bits of knowledge from accessible data to introduce your discoveries utilizing leader level dashboards.
- Certificate projects of Business Analytics are uniquely intended to furnish the up-and-comers with extra abilities, as the IT area makes new progressions consistently.
- They are reasonable for those representatives who need to proceed with their positions alongside learning additional ranges of abilities that can help them tackle complex issues.
- Most of these courses are independent and, in this way, don't request a lot of everyday hours from you.
- Enrollment in online certificate programs is simply done by applying on the website of the course provider.
- Some premier institutes do analyze your profile and the answers to questionnaires asked.
- In the case of offline certificate programs, colleges might admit you on a merit basis. Your score in Class 10th or 12th will be considered in these cases.
The average salary after a business analytics certification course ranges from INR 2-3 LPA initially.
|Certificate Name||Colleges Offering||Average Fees|
|Certificate in Business Analytics||University of MadrasLovely Professional University (LPU)JSS Science and Technology University Mysore||INR 10,000-50,000|
|Certificate Course in Agile Business Analytics||Integrated Institute of Education Technology Bhagwati Educational Trust Aarti Institute of Professional Studies Acharya Narendra Dev College||INR 5,500-20,000|
|Certificate Courses in Agile Analysis||NIIT Mahan Institute of Technology Oasis College of Science and Management KOENIG Solutions||INR 4,000-60,000|
|Certificate Courses in Business Intelligence||TSF Institute of Computer Education Oxford Software Institute NIIT Center of Management Studies||INR 2,000-5,000|
Business Analyst Course Online
Business analyst courses online are self-paced as compared to an offline business analyst certification program. Business analyst certification, especially online ones, are most preferred by students due to their ease of accessibility.
Business Analyst online courses are offered by websites and foreign institutes, offline certificate courses are offered by Indian Universities only.
|Google Data Analytics|
|Google Project Management|
|Google UX Design|
|Google IT Support|
|IBM Data Science||IBM|
|Deep Learning||Deep Learning AI|
|IBM Data Analyst||IBM|
|Introduction to Data Science||IBM|
|The Business Intelligence Analyst Course 2021||490|
|Business Analysis Fundamentals||490|
|Agile Business Analysis||490|
|Business Analysis Modelling Skills & Techniques||490|
|Business Analyst: Software Testing Processes & Techniques||490|
|Business Analyst: Project Management Techniques & tools||490|
|BPMN for Business Analytics||490|
|Business Analysis: Working with use Cases||490|
|Business Analysis: Developing Requirements||504|
|Conduct a Strategy Analysis using Business Analysis||504|
Top Colleges for Business Analyst
The top colleges offering Business Analyst courses along with their fee structure are mentioned below.
|Indian School of Business, Hyderabad||10,40,000|
|Great Lake Institute of Management, Chennai||21,50,000|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai||45,000|
|SDA Bocconi, Mumbai||6,40,000|
|Praxis School of Business, Kolkata||6,05,000|
|Aegis School of Business and Telecommunication (ASBT), Bangalore||6,50,000|
Business Analyst Courses Abroad
Business Analytics aims to study past business and financial records with the help of statistics and data to analyze the present and forecast the future.
- Plenty of career options are available post-completion of a degree from a business analytics college in the USA. Some of these include Business Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, Market Research Analyst, and Operations Research Analyst.
- With a masters in business analytics from the USA, you can earn a 32% hike on your bachelor’s salary.
- Adding to this, Business Analysts earn an increment of 13% in 15 months against an average of 8% in other professions.
The top 10 universities on the basis of Institution’s employability, value for money, class & faculty diversity and more are mentioned below.
|MIT Sloan School of Management||36,70,000|
|UCLA Anderson School of Management||48,40,000|
|Austin McCombs School of Business||-|
|Imperial College Business School||33,00,000|
|USC Marshall School of Business||25,00,000|
|ESADE Business School, Spain||-|
|Alliance Manchester Business School||25,00,000|
|Warwick Business School||30,00,000|
|University of Edinburgh Business School||-|
Syllabus for Business Analyst
The syllabus of the management course on Business Analytics is listed below:
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Quantitative Methods||Financial Management|
|Managerial Economics||Operations Management|
|Management Information Systems||Human Resource Management|
|Financial Accounting||Financial Analytics|
|Marketing Management||Optimization Analytics|
|Organizational Behaviour||Stochastic Modeling|
|Statistical Analysis||Business Intelligence|
|Data Modelling||Research Methods|
|Managerial Communication||Computational Methods|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Predictive Analytics||Strategic Management|
|Risk Management||Operations & Supply Chain Analytics|
|Marketing Analysis||HR Analytics|
|Data Mining||Big Data Analytics|
|Simulation Modeling||Ethical & Legal Aspects of Analytics|
|Analytics, Systems Analysis & Design||Project Management|
|Industry Internship Programme||Professional Development|
|Analytics Capstone Project||Elective Paper|
Books and Study Material
|Writing Effective Use Cases (Agile Software Development Series)||Alistair Cockburn|
|Business Analysis Techniques: 72 Essential Tools for Success||James Cadle|
|Project Management Absolute Beginner's Guide (3rd Edition)||Greg Horine|
|Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling||Harold Kerzner|
|Business Analysis for Dummies||Kate McGoey, Kupe Kupersmith, and Paul Mulvey|
|Adaptive BABoK Study Guide||Adaptive US|
|3D Business Analyst||Mohamed Elgendy|
|Agile and Business Analysis: Practical Guidance for IT Professionals||Debra Paul and Lynda Girvan|
|Business Analysis: Best Practices for Success||Steven Blais|
|Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis||Barbara A. Carkenord|
Skills Required for Business Analyst
A Business Analysts position requires both soft and hard skills. Business analysts should be skilled in analyzing, extracting, and reporting data trends, and be able to share that information with others and also apply it on the business side.
The most important skills and experience for a Business Analyst are as follows:
|Written and oral communication skills||Consultative and interpersonal skills|
|Facilitation skills||Requirements engineering|
|Problem Solving and Analytical thinking||Costs benefit analysis|
|Being detail-oriented and task accurate||Processes modeling|
|Organizational skills||Understanding of networks, databases, and other technology|
|Knowledge of the business structure||Stakeholder analysis|
Jobs After Business Analyst Courses
Since programming occupations are the most favored choice nowadays, businesses regularly search for up-and-comers that are up-gifted with the most recent specialized patterns and all other related fields.
|Job Profile||Job Role||Average Salary(INR)|
|Data Analyst||A data analyst assembles and stocks data on market research, deals numbers, coordinations, or different practices. They get specialized ability to guarantee the worth and exactness of those records, at that point cycle, plan and feature it in approaches to help people, businesses, and organizations settle on better choices.||4- 7 LPA|
|Business Analyst||The business Analyst is essentially responsible to break down and plan potential methods to unravel business questions with its help.||4- 6 LPA|
|Machine Learning Engineer||Machine learning engineers put data into models made by data researchers. They're additionally responsible for charming hypothetical data science models and supporting scale them out to creation level models that can hold terabytes of constant data.||5- 11 LPA|
Business Analysts are in very high demand as every business is looking out for analysts to gain insight into their existing or future problems. Some of the top companies that hire Business Analysts are mentioned below.
|Fractal Analytics||Cartesian Consulting|
|Crayon Data||Tiger Analytics|
|Global Analytics||Exl Analytics|
Business Analyst Courses FAQs
Ques. Can the skills required to be a Business Analyst be learned without the help of a course?
Ans. Many skills are needed to become a Business Analyst. A course will provide the proper guidance and direction to become a BA. Hence, it is preferred to pursue a course. However, the interested candidates can look up the skills that are needed in modern-day jobs as a Business Analyst and learn the skills one by one and hone them.
Ques. Is there a job guarantee after completion of a Business Analyst Course?
Ans. The job guarantee depends on the academic merit and the institute you are pursuing the BA course from. Although, there are some paid online BA training courses that provide job placement assistance like:
- IBAT (INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS ANALYST TRAINING)
Ques. Where can one do a free Business Analyst certificate course?
Ans. The following are the websites where you can access a free BA certificate course:
Ques. Can the skills taught in the Business Analyst (BA) course be learned on the job or with the help of a course?
Ans. It is advisable to be well versed with the BA skills before joining a firm as on the job, learning does not emphasize the concepts and applications. On-the-job training is dynamic and does not touch upon the basics of the Business Analyst course. A candidate with prior knowledge of the BA skills would have a high chance of getting a job as a Business Analyst.
Ques. Is it worth pursuing a full-fledged Business Analyst (BA) course?
Ans. Most of the students prefer to do a BA certification course in comparison to a college degree, as business analytics is still considered to be a skill in India and not a full-fledged degree. There are not many high-ranked colleges in India that offer Business Analyst as a UG level course. The terms of Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, etc. are often used instead of Business Analytics.
Ques. What is the average salary offered after completing a free online certification?
Ans. The average salary will depend upon the academic level and experience in years. A free online certification course does not guarantee a hike in the average salary. Considering a UG level, the average salary is between 3-7 lakhs, and for PG and Doctoral level the salary is between 5-15 lakhs.
Ques. Are scholarships offered for the Business Analyst courses?
Ans. Yes. Several colleges provide scholarships to meritorious students. For Doctoral studies, many colleges don’t charge tuition fees and also provide a stipend.
Ques. Which is the popular way to pursue the Business Analyst course in India?
Ans. The most popular way among Indian students is to do a certification BA course. Certifications are less time-consuming and easier to pursue with no time restrictions. They are also the cheapest options amongst all options.
Ques. Which is the least popular way to pursue the Business Analyst course in India?
Ans. Very few students pursue a UG level Diploma or a Doctoral BA course. Not many colleges offer BA courses at such levels and hence don’t create avenues for students to pursue BA specialization.
Ques. Are entrance exams required to pursue the Business Analyst courses in India?
Ans. The UG (BTech), PG level courses (MBA, MTech, PGDM) and Doctoral level require entrance examinations for admission into a BA course. The UG level entrance tests include CETs; PG, and Doctoral level entrance tests include GMAT, CAT, GRE, GATE, etc.