Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management is one of the most interesting and decent paying jobs providing fields that students can choose from different options available for their career.
It is a three year course to start with in order to get the certification with a minimum eligibility of completing their 10 +2 exams.
The entrance in this course can be both merit based or entrance exam qualification based on the requirement of the college in which the student is applying.
With an annual salary ranging between INR 5000 to 10 lakh the certificate in travel and tourism management allows the student to gather maximum experience Knowledge and skill in order to build a great career in the field of tourism industry.
People interested in travel and tourism can take up a certificate in travel and tourism management to establish a career that can provide them with a job that is satisfactory and also provides an annual salary range pairing between 3 lakhs per annum to 8 lakh per annum.
When it comes to starting career in this field there are many options from which students can choose to work like they can work and enter the industry as Management trainee, travel guides, freelance Consultants (with regard to travel), tour management operator, Travel sales associate or consultant, associate and analyst in many other job profiles depending on different companies for which a student would work
Not only this, they can always have a Startup or their own tourism set up to start working with.
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Course highlights
|Type of course||Certification|
|Eligibility||minimum 10 + 2|
|duration of course||3 years|
|Admission process||both examination and merit based( depends on the institution applying at)|
|examination type||annual and semester|
|Average starting salary||INR 2 to 10 lakh per annum|
|average fee structure||INR 5000 to 10 lacs pa|
|Top job positions||Travel consultant( in a company),travel operator, management and analysis, freelance travel consultant ,Tour associate and operator|
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Eligibility criteria
Although there are no such hard and fast rules of completing under graduation post-graduation or any other degree for that matter but the minimum requirement to take admission in certification course of tourism and travel management the students must be fulfilling the following criteria.
- He or she must have completed his or her 10+2 or Senior Secondary and Higher Secondary examination from a recognized University.
- He or She must have completed their 10 + 2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- He or she must have good command over their language (preferably English) and should also be good at math.
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Admission Process
- There are different admission processes for different colleges hence the process of admission depends on which college and university a student is choosing.
- Some universities take admission on the basis of the previous exam that is a student can get admission based on merit.
- There are certain colleges and Universities who conduct their own examination and have their own admission cut off.
- The university and college portal needs to be checked regularly for admission in the desired institution.
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Top colleges
Why Study Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management?
- India being topographically so diverse has a great opportunity in the field of tourism and Hospitality so a student who has a degree in tourism and travel management would find better job options available here.
- The certification in travel and tourism management opens a completely different industry related to tourism hence a student who is pursuing a degree e off certification in travel and tourism can make their career in the field of tourism which has its own perks along with the job pay off.
- Candidates who have good command over languages would find it much rewarding to work with the travel and tourism industry as handling clients with good communication skills would allow them to gain knowledge in this area and hence stay for a longer run and better pay off.
- Along with knowing different areas in India and travelling across the country people who gain good experience in this field can also find themselves travelling abroad or to an International client base and a breathtaking experience of travelling across the globe on the company's expenses.
- The geography of India is such that it has every kind of destination that a tourist require therefore it is very easy for people in the tourism industry to provide a variety of options to tourists and gaining from the Indian topography. For instance if a person wants to see desert or snow or beaches or any fertile land for that matter there always is an option that can be provided to them and hence making it a very profitable industry.
Certificate In Tourism And Travel Management Subjects
|Critical reasoning and presentation||Communication skills in different languages||Fundamentals of tourism||Financial accounting||fundamental travel practices|
|history of tourism||Literature and contemporary issues||History and philosophy of science||Business regulatory framework||tourism in India|
|Aviation management||Business statistics||Management||Literature in other languages other than English||Culture and civilization|
|Entrepreneurship development||HR management||Marketing principles||Travel management||Travel and Tour operation management|
|Hospitality management||Air fare and ticketing related practices||IT for different businesses||Travel geography||Event management|
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Course Comparison
Diploma In Travel And Tourism vs Certificate In Travel And Tourism
|Specifications||Diploma In Travel And Tourism||Certificate In Travel And Tourism|
|Duration||1 year / 6 month||3 years|
|average course fee||INR 15000 to 2.5 lakh||INR 5000 to 1200000|
|Top companies providing jobs in||Aviation industry, Heritage tourism industry,Travel and tourism industry,Consultations, tourism operation||Travel and tourism industry, free online consultation, hospitality service industry, tour management|
|average Starting salary||INR 60000 to 1 lpa||INR 2 to 16 LPA|
Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management: Job Prospects
|Job||Job Description||Salary (INR)|
|Travel Executive||Travel executive has to supervise all the travel related issues that are faced by the travel agent company.||5,00,000 - 10,00,000|
|Freelance Travel Content Writer||A freelance travel content writer writes about different travel agencies and travel destinations that may inspire tourists to go to the tourist place that is being written about. the freelancer content writer can work at their own time and pace.||1,00,000 - 3,50,000|
|Tourism Sales Consultant||A tourism sales consultant has to let people know about different facilities And Fox related you in travelling to a certain destination. Their main job is to make people aware about the tourism packages available with the company and sell the tourist services.||2,50,000 - 4,50,000|
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: FAQs
Quest. What are the different career options available in tourism and travel certification courses?
Ans. When a student is looking for a different field for their career and is very much interested in the travel sector then they should definitely go forward and take up certification in travel and tourism management. There is a vast area of careers that has been covered under this industry which includes tourism sales executive, freelance travel content writer, freelance travel video content creator( online), travel associate and many other tourism and Hospitality related jobs that can take up people with certification in travel and tourism.
Quest. what is the minimum criteria that needs to be fulfilled if someone needs to apply for a certification course in travel and tourism?
Quest. how can someone make a career in the field of Tourism industry?
Quest. How can someone take admission in colleges offering certification course in travel and tourism management?
Quest. What are the different courses that are related to a career in the tourism industry?
Quest. What are the different duration of courses in travel and tourism industry?
Quest. Why should one take tourism as a career option?
Quest. How secure is a job in travel and tourism industry?