Cyber Security Online Courses are short-term courses with certificates for a duration of 4 weeks to 2 years.
- Cyber Security is the art of defending computers, networks and data from malicious hacking attacks.
- Cyber security online courses with certificates are offered by Simplilearn, Praxis Business School etc. Check: Cybersecurity Certificate Courses
- Colleges like Amity University also offer cyber security online courses as Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security.
- Apart from that, there are free online cyber security courses, and cyber security courses for beginners mostly on websites like Coursera and Udemy.
The average fee for Cyber Security Courses online ranges from INR 15,000 - 3,00,000.
Malicious threats are one of the biggest threats to agencies, departments, governments and companies worldwide, individuals with advanced level skills and training in preventing such attacks are high in demand by both public and private sector undertakings, at a salary ranging upto INR 30,00,000.
Cyber Security Online Courses: Highlights
|Duration||4 Weeks to 2 Years|
|Eligibility||Graduates with a minimum aggregate of 55%|
|Course Fees||INR15,000 - INR 3,00,000|
|Average Salary||Upto INR 30,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Cisco, Intel, General Motors, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Patient First etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Cryptographer, Forensic Expert, Security Analyst, Security Consultant, Security Specialist, Security Manager, Incident Responder etc.|
Top Cyber Security Online Courses
The table below lists top cyber security online courses along with the website/college offering the cyber security courses and average course fee.
|Course Name||Conducted By||Course Fees|
|Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team)||Jigsaw Academy & HackerU||INR 3,00,000|
|Stanford Advanced Computer Security Program||Great Learning||INR 1,75,000|
|PGP in Cybersecurity||Praxis Business School||INR 3,00,000|
|Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Information Systems Security Professional||Simplilearn||INR 25,000 – 36,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security||Amity Online||INR 1,55,000|
|Cybersecurity Certification Course||Edureka||INR 15,000|
|Cyber Pro Track||PurpleSynapz||INR 2,50,000|
|Certified Information Security Consultant||Institute of Information Security||INR 1,50,000 – 1,75,000|
Free Cyber Security Courses Online
There are many free cyber security courses like cybrary free courses, udemy cyber security, etc. The details of theses free online courses on cyber security are mentioned in the table below:
|Introduction to Cyber Security||IGNOU and Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani via Swayam||12 weeks|
|Cybersecurity Specialization||Coursera||8 months|
|Cyber Security Course for Beginners||Udemy||1 hour 8 minutes|
|Cyber Security Fundamentals||edX||8 weeks|
|Introduction to Cyber Security||edX||6 weeks|
|Cyber Security (Short Course)||Oxford Home Study Centre||20 Hours|
|Introduction to Cyber Security||FutureLearn||8 weeks|
|Introduction to IT and Cyber Security||Cybrary||1 hour 41 minutes|
|Introduction to Cyber Security||greatlearning||2 hours|
Note: Some of these courses may require you to pay an additional fee for certificates at the end.
Cyber Security Online Courses: Admission Process
The type of institution specifies the entry requirements for cyber security online courses.
- For a certificate program, candidates must pass 10+2 examinations while postgraduate programs need that candidates have a graduate degree in any discipline with a knowledge of cyber security courses.
- Interest in cyber security is essential as well as some institutes require the professional working in the field for enrollment.
- Some institutes may require the candidate to qualify the entrance/admission test before enrolling in cyber security online courses.
Cyber Security Online Courses: Benefits
Some of the benefits to pursue Cyber Security Online Courses are:
- Because of the rise in data and threats, there is a high demand for trained practitioners in this sector.
- Being willing to take an online course from the convenience of your own home is far preferable to getting a designated space at your day job.
- Virtual preparation can be completed from the privacy of your own house. This ensures the distractions are eliminated to the fullest degree possible.
- Online instruction often allows for much more time after class than is usually required in a physical environment, allowing you to go over things that you or others are having problems with.
- When it comes to online preparation, if anything big happens in the real world that affects how things work, it is much easier to integrate it into the content.
Cyber Security Online Courses: Jobs
Some of the top job profiles offered to a candidate with a cyber security online course certificate are:
|Security Specialist||Security Manager|
|Security Software Developer||Security Auditor|
|Security Architect||Security Administrator|
|Security Engineer||Security Code Auditor|
Cyber Security Online Courses: FAQs
Ques. How can I study cyber security online?
Ans. There are a number of cyber security courses available online. You can choose any one of them depending upon whether you want to go for a beginners course or advanced.
Ques. Is cyber security courses difficult?
Ans. With the right approach and training, along with hard work and determination, you can be a professional in the field of cyber security in no time.
Ques. Do I have to learn coding to be a cyber security professional?
Ans. The entry level jobs usually do not require one to be a master at coding. Although if you want to go deep into the profession, it is advised that you should have some knowledge of it. Some programs do cover the topic of coding in their curriculum.
Ques. How much does a cyber security course cost?
Ans. The cost and fee of the course depends on whether you are going for a beginners or advanced course, certificate, diploma or postgraduate course in the field of cyber security. The average cost of a decent cyber security course is around INR 1,00,000.
Ques. Do cyber security jobs pay well?
Ans. In today’s time where every work is done online, the threat of information being stolen or computers and systems being hacked is immense. So, the need for cyber security professionals have become very high. Therefore, a job as a cyber security professional with a little bit of experience could pay quite well. The average salary, according to the global standards could very well go around INR 30,00,000.