Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering is a 3-year professional course.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering is the specialization of engineering that involves the application of:
The field first turned into an identifiable occupation in the late 19th century after commercialization of the electric transmit and electrical power supply systems.
|Diploma in Electrical in Tamil Nadu||Diploma in Electrical in Andhra Pradesh||Diploma in Electrical in Telangana||Diploma in Electrical in Uttar Pradesh|
Major subtopics covered in the discipline include:
- Control Frameworks
- Signal Processing
- Broadcast communications.
Minimum eligibility for admission to the course is the successful completion of class X, or equivalent level of education with a minimum aggregate score of 40% with Sc ience and Mathematics, and English as 3 of the main subjects.
The course can also be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as:
- Assistant Engineer
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Civil Artist/ Editor/ Research Assistant
- Assistant Manager CHP
- Design Assistant
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Electronics Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Systems Developer
- Network Engineer, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 10,000 and 5 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
The average annual salary offered to successful professionals of the discipline in India ranges between INR 2.5 and 5 lacs, increasing with the candidate’s experience and skillset.
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on performance in entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 20 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Indian Railways, DRDO, Indian Armed Forces, State Electricity Boards, PWD, Municipal Corporations, BHEL, SAIL, Anchor (Now Panasonic) Electricals, Oreva, Crompton Greaves, Schneider Electric, Godrej Electrical and Electronics, Hindustan Motor, Tata Steel & Power Limited, Jay Balaji Steel Tata motors, Tata Metallic, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges & universities, Electronics and Communication Aviation Department, Defense Services, Entertainment Industry, Health care equipment manufacturing industry, Indian railways, internet technologies, IT industry, mobile communication, National physical laboratories, Telecommunication Industry, and such.|
|Job Positions||Assistant Engineer, Technical Assistant, Project Assistant, Civil Artist/ Editor/ Research Assistant, Assistant Manager CHP, Design Assistant, Control and Instrumentation Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Broadcast Engineer, Manufacturing Systems Engineer, Systems Analyst, Electronics Engineer, IT Consultant, Systems Developer, Network Engineer, among others.|
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: What is it About?
The discipline involves an advanced study of engineering-related application of electricity. This stream covers subjects of study such as:
generation and transmission of electricity.
- electrical system and gadgets.
- design, development and maintenance of such devices, power plants, and systems.
- design of electronic devices, components and circuits.
- principles and concepts of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- principles of design and manufacturing of electronic circuits, components and devices.
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
- complex problem-solving skills.
- ability to identifying complex issues.
- ability to checking on related data to create and assess alternatives and execute solutions.
- common knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- aptitude for determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- strong decision-making skills.
- excellent communication skills.
- ability to prioritize and plan work effectively.
- ability to manage budget.
The course has been designed to impart to eligible candidates:
- adequate knowledge and skills in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- skills in research activities.
- an advanced understanding of new, vital, current, and even futuristic technologies.
Top Institutes offering Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Tabulated below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees|
|Lovely Professional University||Delhi||INR 1,06,000|
|Rameshwaram Institute of Technology and Management||Lucknow||INR 1,34,000|
|Wisdom School of Management||Ahmedabad||INR 47,100|
|Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology||Dehradun||INR 89,600|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 5,07,000|
|Rai University||Ahmedabad||INR 1,20,000|
|Tula's Institute, the Engineering and Management College||Dehradun||INR 1,38,000|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Polytechnic||Pune||INR 1,43,000|
|School of Engineering and Technology, Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Jaipur||INR 1,05,000|
|Rawal Institute of Engineering and Technology||Faridabad||INR 1,35,000|
|Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University||Lucknow||INR 1,50,000|
|Ganga Group of Institutions - Ganga Technical Campus||Delhi||INR 66,600|
|S.P Memorial Institute of Technology||Allahabad||INR 1,03,000|
|Quantum School of Technology||Roorkee||INR 1,49,000|
|BFIT Group of Institutions||Dehradun||INR 1,36,000|
|CT Polytechnic College||Jalandhar||INR 95,250|
|Amity University, Noida||Noida||INR 6,15,000|
|Galgotias University||Noida||INR 90,000|
|GD Goenka University||Gurgaon||INR 1,50,000|
|Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute||Mumbai||INR 37,251|
Eligibility for Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful qualification of class X, with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Successful qualification of class XII with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
|Diploma in Electrical in Kerala||Diploma in Electrical in Karnataka||Diploma in Electrical in Orissa||Diploma in Electrical in Haryana|
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Listed below are some of the entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination
- AICET: All India Common Entrance Test
- IIT JEE: IIT Joint Entrance Examination
- JNU: Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam
- COMEDK: Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka
- Uttar Pradesh state entrance exam
- Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers AMIE Entrance Exam
- Associate Membership of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers AMIETE Entrance Exam
- DCE CEE Entrance Exam.
- BISAT Entrance Examination
- BIHER Entrance Exam
- NIT Entrance Exam
- VITEEE Engineering Entrance Exam
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Science||Applied Mathematics II|
|Applied Mathematics I||English Communication|
|Mechanical Engineering Sciences||Electrical Circuits|
|Elements of Electrical Engineering||Electronics I|
|Applied Science lab||Computer Aided Engineering Drawing|
|Basic Computer Skills Lab||Electrical Circuit Laboratory|
|Electrical Wiring Lab||Electronics I Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Electrical Machines I||Electrical Machines II|
|Communication and Computer networks||Electrical Power Generation|
|Electrical & Electronics Measurements||Transmission and Distribution|
|Electronics II||Power Electronics|
|Electrical measurements Lab||Electrical Machines Lab|
|Electronics Lab II||Power Electronics Lab|
|Computer Aided Electrical Drawing||C-Programming Lab|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Estimation & specification||Industrial drives & control|
|Switchgear & protection||Utilization of electrical energy & management|
|Embedded system( elective)||Basic management skills and Indian constitution|
|Electrical work shop||Electric motor control lab|
|Embedded system lab||PLC & HDL lab|
|Electrical installation design lab||Project Work Phase II|
|Project work Phase I||-|
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Career Prospects
Electrical & Electronics Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering.
Most manufacturing and production industries make use of electricity and electrical machines. Qualified Electrical Engineers are required by such organizations to deal with assignments such as:
- power transmission
- power auditing
- power usage
- machine checking
- machine support, and so forth.
Electrical & Electronics Engineers are responsible for:
- designing, developing, and maintaining the electrical, electronics and computer control system to the required specifications.
- focusing on economy, reliability, safety, sustainability and quality.
Popular areas of employment for such professionals include:
- Transportation network
- Telecommunication industries
- IT companies
- Airplane & airspace manufacturing organizations
- Production and the distribution of power
- Electronic product development
- Control System
- System Management
- Product design and sales
- Consumer’s electronics
- Wireless Communication
- Defense and space research organizations.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful professionals of the discipline are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Electrical Engineers||Electrical Engineers configure, create, test, and direct the assembling of electrical hardware, for example, electric engines, radar and communications systems, navigation systems, correspondences frameworks, or power generation equipment.||3,50,084|
|Engineer||An Engineer is a technical professional who applies the theories and principles of Physical Sciences to plan, develop and grow monetarily suitable, and effectively executable products and solutions for specialized issues of the profession.||3,37,899|
|Professors||Professors teach students a wide range of subjects at the post-secondary level. They deliver scholarly articles, perform research, and instruct in the discipline.||9,13,657|
|Network Engineer||Network Engineers create, plan, and actualize the general vital objectives of an organization's network system. They assess and prescribe changes to present and future system necessities to address the organization’s needs.||2,94,275|
|Broadcast Engineer||A Broadcast Engineer works with equipment and broadcast systems that are utilized crosswise over TV, radio, and new media. They ensure that projects are broadcast on time, and to the highest level of equity. They ensure the working and maintenance of systems, and additionally perform updates and repairs.||4,37,719|