D.El.Ed, full form Diploma in Elementary Education, is a 2-years diploma course focused on primary teachers training. D.EL.ED provides training to the would-be teachers to teach students in the primary/upper primary school, aged between 6-15 years/class I to VIII.
Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum average aggregate of 50% are eligible to apply for admission at the D.el.ed colleges.
D.EL.ED courses are offered as Full-time D.EL.ED and Distance D.EL.ED. D.EL.ED admission 2021 would be conducted both on the basis of the D.el.ed entrance exam and merit list. Some of the popular D.EL.ED entrance exams are AP DEECET, Bihar D.El.Ed JET, SCERT Odisha Entrance Exam, etc.
D.EL.ED Course Details
- D.EL.ED course fee ranges from INR 5,000-80,000 depending upon the college.
- D.EL.ED admission are based on either entrance exam or merit list.
- Top D.EL.ED entrance exams are AP DEECET, Bihar D.El.Ed JET, SCERT Odisha Entrance Exam, Uttarakhand D.El.Ed, etc.
- Full-time D.EL.ED courses are offered for a period of 2 years and are spread across 4 semesters.
- D.EL.Ed syllabus deals with subjects like Childhood and the development of children, Contemporary society,
- Top colleges that offer full-time D.EL.ED courses are Jamia Millia Islamia University, Dr. DY Patil Vidya Pratishthan, Amity University, etc.
- Distance D.EL.ED courses are also offered to students over a period of 2 years to students who are unable to attend colleges.
- On an Average the D.EL.ED Job salary range from INR 241,000
- Some of the top D.EL.ED jobs are Primary teacher, Librarian, Education developer, Recordkeeper, and many more.
- After completion of D.EL.ED students can opt for a Bachelor degree or B.Ed course.
What is D.El.Ed?
D.EL.ED is a diploma-level course that can be pursued after 12. D.el.ed is a two-years course that is focused on child education. D.El.Ed. trains aspirants to teach the students belonging to the primary/upper primary level. The D.EL.Ed syllabus deals with subjects like Childhood and the development of children, Contemporary society, Pedagogy of environmental studies, and many more.
Who Should do D.EL.ED?
- Students who want to pursue a career in teaching or academics should opt for D.EL.Ed course.
- Students who have a strong inclination towards research and developing the education system can opt for D.EL.Ed course.
- Passionate individuals with strong ethical and moral code should pursue this course.
When Should You Pursue D.EL.ED?
- D.EL.ED is a job-oriented training course that helps aspirants become successful teachers and should be chosen at the right time to reap rich dividends in the future.
- The Students can pursue it immediately after their 10+2 exam.
- The students can pursue government jobs after completing their D.EL.ED courses.
- The students can pursue graduation or B.ED courses after completion of D.EL.ED, for better prospects in the future.
What is D.El.Ed Bridge Course?
Bridge course is a supplementary knowledge course that can provide students with basic knowledge about the advanced subjects that will be taught to them in the future. The duration of the D.El.Ed bridge course is around 6-12 months.
|Online Application Ends||February 2021|
|Last Date of Fee Deposit||February 2021|
|Date of Exam||May 2021|
|D.El.Ed Result||October 2021|
D.EL.ED Admission Process
D EL ED Admission is done in two ways, one is through the entrance exam and the other is through merit list. States like Bihar, Odisha and Assam conduct their entrance exam. On the other hand states like West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh conduct their admission through merit list.
The eligibility criteria for D EL ED admission based on the entrance or merit list basically remains the same. The gist of both the processes are listed below.
- The candidates need to obtain a minimum aggregate score of 50% or more in their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised board.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved and physically handicap categories are offered a relaxation of 5%.
- Candidates need to be under 35 years of age during application. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH are offered a relaxation of 5 Years.
D EL ED Admission 2021
- D.El.Ed admission processes are organised by the respective boards and organisations of the different states. Notifications are released on the official websites by the concerned departments.
- Registration for the D.EL.ED admission in Andhra Pradesh would commence from the month of May, 2021 and the exams are scheduled to take place in June, 2021.
- Bihar D.EL.ED JET has been postponed until further notice.
- The candidates who have passed the entrance exams are called for a round of Group Discussion and Personal interview.
- Pre D.El.Ed is also available for candidates which is designed to help students learn the basics of D.El.Ed more elaborately.
- NIOS Pre D.El.Ed is one of the most popular choices opted by candidates for pursuing Pre D.El.Ed. The NIOS Pre D.El.Ed course fee is around INR 300 per subject.
- Direct D.EL.ED admission are provided to the students on the basis of the merit list prepared from the marks obtained in the 10+2 exam.
D.EL.ED Entrance Exams
D.El.Ed entrance exam syllabus includes subjects studied at school. It is an objective type written exam with multiple choice answers. The syllabus includes basic subjects like Mathematics and Numerical Ability, General Knowledge, English, Teaching Abilities, Language Test (Hindi or regional language)
Andhra Pradesh Diploma in Elementary Common Entrance Test (AP DEECET), is the entrance exam conducted by the Andhra Pradesh School of Education Department for admission to D.EL.ED course. The registration process is expected to commence from May or June.
Bihar D.EL.ED JET
D.EL.ED admission through the Bihar D.EL.ED JET which was scheduled for March 28, 2020 has been postponed by the respective authorities until further notice.
SCERT Odisha Entrance Exam
The Directorate of Teacher Education and SCERT, Government of Odisha conducts the SCERT Odisha Entrance Exam. The tentative date for the start of the application process is September-October, 2021.
The D.EL.ED admission through the Uttarakhand D.El.Ed entrance, conducted by the Uttarakhand Board of School Education, Uttarakhand (UBSE) are yet to be announced.
SCERT Assam D.El.Ed PET
State Council of Educational Research and Training, Assam (SCERT, Assam conducts the annual SCERT Assam D.El.Ed PET examination. The total marks of the exam is 100. 30% of the seats are reserved for the candidates from science stream.
D.EL.EDApplication Deadlines 2021
The D.El.Ed curriculum focuses on the present educational requirements and child psychology along with the process of Learning, Reading, and Writing. The course focuses to make the students more versatile and effective teachers so that they can impart quality education. Internships are included in both the years of study which helps the D.El.Ed students to implement the methods of teaching that they learn during their course.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Childhood and the development of children||Cognition, sociocultural context|
|Contemporary society||Teacher identity and school culture|
|Education, society||Leadership and change|
|Towards understanding the self||Pedagogy of environmental studies|
|Mathematics education for the primary||Diversity and education|
|Proficiency in English||School health and education|
|Work and education||Fine arts and education|
|Books Name||Author’s Name|
|Contemporary Indian Society D.EL.ED||Dr.Rajesh Kumar Vashisht|
|Childhood And Development Of Children D.EL.ED||Dr.Rajesh Kumar Vashisht|
|Cognition, Learning, And Socio-Cultural Context D.EL.ED||Dr. S.C . Oberoi|
|Proficiency & Pedagogy Of Environmental Studies D.EL.ED||Dr.Rajesh Kumar Vashisht|
NIOS D.El.Ed program is specifically designed for the in-service untrained teachers who are working in the primary schools of different states throughout the country. NIOS D.El.Ed program has been developed by the Academic Department, NIOS on the initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, keeping in view the NCF 2005 (National Curriculum Framework), RTE 2009 (Right to Education), and NCFTE 2010 (National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education) act.
NIOS D.El.Ed Admission
The eligibility criteria for NIOS D.El.Ed is similar to that of the requirements of the regular D.El.Ed course. The only difference being that the degree would be considered valid only for the in-service primary teachers. The NIOS D.El.Ed admission is done through online application and after successfully clearing the entrance exams.
The NIOS D.El.Ed admission procedure is stated below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the apply link and make online registration.
- The applicant needs to mention all the personal details such as name, parent’s name, address, gender, date of birth, etc in the application form.
- Upload the scanned photograph, signature, and the other required documents mentioned on the online application form.
- Click on the register button, after which the registration number and login details will be sent to the registered email id.
- Pay the application fees, ie. INR 250 either online or through offline mode.
- Download the NIOS D.El.Ed application form for future reference.
The candidates can download their NIOS D.El.Ed Hall Ticket/Admit Card a week before the exam from the official NIOS Portal. The students can access the portal and get the required information about the NIOS D.El.Ed Results, Merit List, Cut Off Marks by using their Admit Card Number and Password
NIOS D.El.Ed Course Fees
The NIOS D.El.Ed course fee structure laid out by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, for the 2 years course is :
- Total Fees is INR 12,000 (i.e. Rs.6000/- per year).
- 1st year Course Fee:- Rs.4,500/- (Rs.1500/- exempted for the DISH TV Set-top box to watch the video lectures on SWAYAMPRABHA DTH Channel no. 32)
- 2nd year Course Fee:- Rs.6,000/-
- candidates may deposit the fees through online mode only via using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking services.
NIOS D.El.Ed Eligibility
The qualification criteria for the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) is given below:
- The applicant who is going to apply for NIOS D.El.Ed 2021 admission must have possessed stated qualification from a well-recognized institute or university with good academic records
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Untrained Teachers working at the Upper Primary level from class 5th to 9th must-have B.A./B. Sc. Qualification. Respective State sponsorship is mandatory.
- Teachers who are untrained and are working at a Primary level from class 1st to 4th must-have Secondary Qualification or its equivalent from CBSE or any other recognized board of India with at least 50% marks in aggregate. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates.
D.EL.ED courses allow the students to gain knowledge and training about the student teaching at primary level. A select few organisations provide distance D.El.Ed programs. The educational criteria is that the candidates should have passed their 10+2 Board examination with at least 50% aggregate score.
Distance D.EL.ED Admission 2021
Colleges such as IGNOU and SCERT offer distance D.EL.ED courses. The admission to these courses are based on the merit list. However, IGNOU has suspended the D.EL.ED course since 2019.
IGNOU offers D.EL.ED distance education courses to students who have passed 10+2 board exams with a minimum aggregate of 50%. The minimum and maximum duration of the course is 2 and 4 years respectively. The course fee is INR 12,000.
SCERT, Bihar offers D.EL.ED (ODL) course for a period of 2 years. The course is divided into 4 semesters with a total duration of 1600 hours. The objective of this course is to build the pool of qualified teachers in Bihar and provide the best learning experience in the primary schools.
Study D.EL.ED in India
The following are the list of D.EL.ED colleges in major cities of India.
|Chembur Sarvankash Shikshan Shastra Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai||INR 12,600|
|Mahatma Junior College Of Education , Mumbai||INR 40,000|
|Smt Sk Somaiya Junior College Of Education, Mumbai||INR 8,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University-[JMI], New Delhi||INR 6,900|
|Pradeep Memorial Comprehensive College Of Education -[PMCCE], New Delhi||INR 37,500|
|Sri Ram Institute Of Teacher Education, New Delhi||INR 37,500|
|State Council Of Educational Research And Training, New Delhi||INR 10,000|
|Awadh Centre Of Education, New Delhi||INR 40,500|
|Bhavan’s Leelavati Munshi College Of Education , New Delhi||INR 9,275|
|George Group Of Colleges, Kolkata||INR 48,000|
|Adamas University, Kolkata||INR 63,600|
|PMIT Group Of Colleges, Kolkata||INR 120,000|
|Integral University, Lucknow||INR 50,000|
|City Group Of Colleges , Lucknow||INR 41,000|
|Dr. M.C. Saxena Group Of Colleges , Lucknow||INR 80,500|
|Unity Degree College, Lucknow||INR 41,000|
|Vidya Knowledge Park , Meerut||INR 46,700|
|Bhagwati College Of Education, Meerut||INR 41,000|
|Vidya Institute Of Creative Teaching , Meerut||INR 41,000|
|Vism Group Of Studies, Gwalior||INR 25,000|
|Abhishek Institute Of Professional Studies, Gwalior||INR 50,000|
|Madhav Shiksha Mahavidyalaya, Gwalior||INR 35,000|
|Vijayaraje College Of Education, Gwalior||INR 25,000|
|Jain College, Gwalior||INR 38,000|
|Mewar Institute Of Management, Ghaziabad||INR 41,000|
|Modern College Of Professional Studies , Ghaziabad||INR 41,000|
|Sunder Deep Group Of Institutions, Ghaziabad||INR 41,000|
|Institute Of Professional Studies - [Ips], Ghaziabad||INR 41,000|
|Sri Jagdamba Degree College, Agra||INR 41,000|
|BalMukund Bazari College Of Education, Agra||INR 41,000|
|Dayalbagh Educational Institute , Agra||INR 5,950|
D.EL.ED at Top Colleges in India
Private D.El.Ed colleges tend to have higher fee structures and they mostly take in students directly through the merit system. Whereas, government colleges depend on D.El.Ed entrance exams for admitting students and have a comparably lower fee structure. Degrees from both government and private institutions are approved by the NCTE.
|Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi||INR 6,900|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad||INR 5,700|
|Dr. D Y Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society, Pune||INR 13,340|
|Bombay Teachers’ Training College – [BTTC], Mumbai||INR 17,310|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 60,000|
|Pacific University, Udaipur||INR 50,000|
|Green Valley College of Education, Bhopal||INR 35,000|
|Integral University, Lucknow||INR 50,000|
|Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra||INR 5,950|
D.EL.ED Jobs & Placements
After the completion of the D.El.Ed course, the candidates have to appear for CTET or State level TET exams for starting a career as an elementary school teacher. Candidates aspiring for getting jobs in government schools will have to appear for the Teacher Recruitment Exam (TRT) conducted by the respective state government.
The pay in the Government sector is about 30% higher than in the private sector, hence the candidates usually aim for the government schools.
Given below is a list of the probable job options available after completing the D.El.Ed course.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Primary Teacher||INR 2,41,000|
|Content Reviewer||INR 5,20,000|
|Content Writer||INR 2,43,000|
|Career Counsellor||INR 2,41,000|
|Government Primary School Teacher||INR 4,20,000|
The content reviewing sector or editing is said to expand up to 12% in the next 5 years. Content writing on the Internet will grow by about 20% in the next 5 years.
With a number of government schemes for rural education and a good pay scale, D.El.Ed course is a lucrative option for the candidates.
Ques: What is D.EL.ED?
Ans: D.El.Ed, full form Diploma in Elementary Education, is a 2-years diploma course focused on primary teachers training. D el ed imparts knowledge and training to teachers to teach students between the age of 6-15/class I to VIII
Ques: What is better B Ed or D El Ed?
Ans: D EL ED is a diploma course and B Ed is a degree course, hence it has more weightage.
Ques: Why is D El Ed important?
Ans: The course is highly sought after because it is necessary to have the training to teach the students in primary school.
Ques: Is D El Ed compulsory for the TET exam?
Ans: D EL ED is mandatory for teaching in the government schools.
Ques: Is D el ed a professional course?
Ans: Yes, it is an undergraduate diploma course to train candidates to teach at the primary level.
Ques: Can I do D El Ed and graduation together?
Ans: One can pursue D El Ed along with a distance graduate course.
Ques: Is JBT and D EL ED the same?
Ans: No, they are similar courses. Junior Basic training is an elementary course in teacher training, whereas D.EL.ED is a diploma course.
Ques: Can I do D.EL.ED after 12th?
Ans: Yes, candidates can do a D.EL.ED course after completion of 12th or equivalent exam. The candidates must secure a minimum of 50%.
Ques: Can I do D.EL.ED from Ignou?
Ans: Yes, IGNOU offers 2 years Distance D.EL.ED course.