D.El.Ed Admission 2021 is provided on the basis of state level entrance exams or merit list announced by the state boards. Most of the states conduct their own entrance exam to grant admission to the D.El.Ed course.
The D.El.Ed Admission 2021 for Himachal Pradesh has commenced. Candidates can apply for the HP D.El.Ed CET till June 25, 2021.
To pursue D El Ed, candidates must be an Indian citizen and the age limit may differ from state to state. However, the lower age limit ranges between 17 to 18 years, while the upper age limit can range between 34 to 35 years.
In case of an untrained teacher who works in upper primary school from Class 1 to 4 , the candidate must have a secondary qualification or its equivalent from a well-recognized institute or university with good academic records.
D El Ed Admission 2021: Last Day to Apply
|Entrance Exam||Application Date|
|NIOS D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||May 2021|
|Odisha D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||4th week of September 2021|
|Bihar D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||Postponed|
|Uttar Pradesh D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||June 2021|
|Chandigarh D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||3rd week of May 2021|
D El Ed Entrance Exams in India 2021
- The aspirant has to qualify the entrance exam if conducted by the chosen college for D.El.Ed. admission.
- The entrance exam is generally conducted in the month of July.
- Some states also conduct Pre- Entrance Exam Test (PET) where the candidates can test their abilities.
- The exam dates are announced by education boards or the State Council for Education and Training of various states and Union Territories.
- Once the student has cleared the entrance exam they further go through an interview round at the college.
- The final decision is based on the overall marks obtained both in the entrance exam and interview round.
- The chosen candidates have to make the fee payment and get their documents verified to confirm their admission.
D El Ed Entrance Exam Dates in India 2021
|Exam Name||Application Date||Exam Date|
|Andhra Pradesh D.EL.Ed||April 2021 (Application Closed)||May 2021|
|Assam D.EL.Ed Admission||March 2021 (Application Closed)||May 2021|
|Bihar D.EL.Ed Admission|
|Chattisgarh D.EL.Ed Admission||20th May, 2021 (Applications to Open Soon)||11 July, 2021|
|Chandigarh D.EL.Ed. Admission||3rd week of May 2021 (Applications to Open Soon)||July 2021|
|Delhi D.EL.Ed. Admission||4th Week of July, 2021||August, 2021|
|Goa D.EL.Ed. Admission||To Be Announced||To Be Announced|
|Haryana D.EL.Ed. Admission||August 2021||September 2021|
|Jammu and Kashmir D.EL.Ed. Admission||3rd week of June 2021||November 2021|
|Karnataka D.El.Ed Admission||-||-|
|Odisha D.EL.Ed. Admission||4th week of September 2021||2nd week of November 2021|
|Rajasthan D.EL.Ed. Admission||June 2021||August 2021|
|West Bengal D.EL.Ed. Admission||Last week of July 2021||August 2021|
|NIOS D.EL.Ed. Admission||May 2021 (Applications Open)||June 2021|
What is the D El Ed Admission Syllabus?
For the D.El.Ed entrance exam syllabus, students are advised to revise subjects from class 10 and 12. D.El.Ed entrance exam is designed as a MCQ-based objective-type test. The syllabus include topics such as:
- Mathematics and Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge
- Teaching Abilities
- Language Test (Hindi or regional language)
D El Ed Exams Prerequisites
- The candidate should have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.
- The age limit may differ from state to state. However, the lower age limit ranges between 17 to 18 years, while the upper age limit can range between 34 to 35 years.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- In case of an untrained teacher who works in upper primary school from Class 1 to 4 , the candidate must have a secondary qualification or its equivalent from a well-recognized institute or university with good academic records.
D.El.Ed Admission Process
D.El.Ed admission varies for every education institution from state to state. The admissions are held every year in various states where the institution may or may not conduct an entrance exam for admission in D.El.Ed.
What is the D El Ed Eligibility Criteria?
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks in aggregate in their class 12th examination.
- Candidates who hold a B.A or B.Sc. degree can also apply.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
Read More: NIOS D.El.Ed
D.El.Ed Admission 2021: How to Apply?
Application for the course can be only filled through online mode. In order to complete the application procedure of D.El.Ed follow the given steps:
- Visit the official websites assigned for the D.El.Ed State Admission.
- Complete the application form and fill in your details correctly.
- After filling the application form, pay the application fee.
- After completing the payment, a message will appear saying that your payment is successful.
- The application form is successfully submitted once the payment is made.
D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Admit Card
- It is to be noted that Admit Card is not sent to candidates through post rather it has to be downloaded from the official website.
- The candidate can login using the credentials and access the admit card.
- The Admit Card is generally released one week before the examination.
Read More: D.El.Ed Through Distance Learning
D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Top Colleges
The fee structure for D.El.Ed courses depends on the respective institution the candidate applies for. Generally, private institutes are more expensive compared to government institutes.
The table below presents some of the Top D.El.Ed. colleges in India and their annual fee structure:
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||INR 6,900|
|Amity University||INR 60,000|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University||INR 5,700|
|Pacific University||INR 50,000|
|Dr. D Y Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society||INR 13,340|
|Green Valley College of Education||INR 35,000|
|Mewar University||INR 53,000|
|Dayalbagh Educational Institute||INR 5,950|
D.EL.Ed Admission Tips 2021
To get into a good D.El.Ed college you need to be thoroughly prepared for the entrance exam.
Here are some preparation tips for D.El.Ed entrance exam:
- You should understand the exam pattern and syllabus. NIOS D.El.Ed consists of three papers:–
- Elementary education in India – a socio-cultural perspective
- Learning languages at the elementary level
- Pedagogic processes in elementary schools
- Prepare according to the paper you will appear for. If you are appearing for Paper I then focus on its syllabus and related topics.
- Make sure to prepare every topic with in-depth understanding. Go through previous year papers, mock tests and model test papers to test yourself.
- Observe frequently asked topics and prepare them well.
- You can join a coaching centre as well, that will help you to provide more study material and organize your study schedule.
- Practice and revise your study material regularly. By practicing questions you can improve your problem solving skills and speed of solving questions.
- Complete all the difficult subjects first and keep the easy topics for the end. This way you can avoid stress when the date of exam approaches.
- Time management is key to good results. Make sure to give enough time to each subject and create a time table accordingly.
Ques. Can I apply for D.El.Ed. admission 2021 after passing the class XII?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible for D.El.Ed. admission after completion of class 12th. You should have a score of at least 50% marks in your class 12th exam. Some states also conduct entrance exams and interviews, so will have to qualify the respective in order to get admission in D.El.Ed.
Ques. Which is a better course B.Ed. or D.El.Ed.?
Ans. B. Ed course trains a candidate for primary and higher secondary level classes while D.El.Ed. is training for primary classes only. B.Ed does offer a greater number of opportunities but it depends on your interest.
Ques. Can I get a government job after doing a D.El.Ed course in teaching line?
Ans. Yes, you can get a government job in the teaching line after completion of D.El.Ed. You can appear for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) or apply at the State government in order to be a primary teacher.
Ques. Can I apply for a TGT form with D.El.Ed and graduate?
Ans. No, in order to apply for TGT you need to be a graduate from B.Ed.
Ques. What other courses can I pursue after D.El.Ed.?
Ans. After graduating from D.El.Ed you can opt to pursue courses such as B.Ed, B.El.Ed or M.Ed. Further studies will give you educational qualification and broaden your career prospects for teaching jobs in higher secondary school.