DIT or Diploma in Information Technology is a three-year diploma course. Candidates pursuing Diploma in Electronic Engineering are taught with electrical components telecommunication, signal processing, control systems, electric power control, radio engineering
The minimum eligibility criteria include 10+2 Level certification from any recognised board.
Admission to this course is selective and is done by both merit and entrance tests. However, some institutions might take an interview before giving admission.
The most focused topics in Information Technology diploma courses are applied mathematics, physics, chemistry, English, Computer Programming using C, System Analysis and Design, etc.
See More: PGD Information Technology Management
On the basis of favoured opinions Maulana Azaad national Urdu university, Patel college of science and technology, IIMT studies are some of the famous colleges for Diploma in Information Technology. The course fees for this diploma course will be around 5,000 INR to 35,000 INR at Government Colleges and 15,000 INR to 1.5 Lakhs INR at private colleges.
You can also check: Diploma in Information Technology Colleges in India
After this diploma course, either candidate can start their career as IT programmer, IT specialist, IT programmer, technical consultant, web developer, ICT system administrator, computer network professional, etc.
After the competition of Diploma in Information Technology (DIT), the candidates can earn 2.5 Lakhs per Annum to 6.5 Lakhs per Annum.
Diploma in Information Technology: Highlights
Few of the highlights of this course are given below:
|Eligibility||A Student should have passed class 10th. The course can also be pursued after 12th, and with maths as their subject of studies.|
|Course fees||INR 8000-90,000|
|Admission process||Direct admissions to the college.|
|Average starting salary||2.5 lakh-6 lakh|
|Examination type||Yearly level|
|Recruiting companies||TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, BSNL, Vodafone, TATA, Infotech, Infosys ASUS, Cisco Systems, National Instruments, Cypress Semiconductor Tech. Ltd, BEL, Unisys, Qualcomm, Tata Elxsi, Sasken Communications, Airtel.|
|Job profiles||IT program, IT specialist, IT programmer, technical consultant, web developer, ICT system administrator, computer network professional, and others.|
Diploma in Information Technology Eligibility
- The basic eligibility criteria for the diploma course are that the candidate must have passed class 10th with a good percentage.
- The diploma course can also be pursued after the 12th and does not have any minimum age criteria.
- The admission process and eligibility criteria may differ according to the particular college.
- There is no single entrance exam to get admission but the colleges conduct their particular tests for admissions
Diploma in Information Technology Admission Process
Admissions in Diploma courses are also done through both merit and entrance exams.
- Register for entrance exams according to the college you wish to enter. The application forms for the same are available on the official site with deadlines.
- Keep your documents ready at the time of registration, the documents such as the ones concerning the educational qualifications, personal information must be available.
- Follow the guidelines of the exam conducting authority who issues various guidelines in general as to how the exam would be conducted and the etiquettes that must be followed by the students.
- Do visit the sites of the college you desire to know any further process to be followed to take part in the admission process.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
The admissions are done individually by the colleges, so You can visit the website of the particular college you desire and check the admission process. In general, the admissions are granted based on the final mark sheet of your educational qualification. Though the candidate must be 10th passed to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Students must have science and mathematics as compulsory subjects. Class 10t percentage values here as you could win a seat in a good college through your class X score.
- The admission process is generally concluded in the month of April-June. The application forms and all the admission-related queries are displayed on the website of the particular college.
- There are various entrance exams to get admissions in the various state colleges, these exams are conducted by the state exam conducting authority. You can visit the official sites of the entrance exams to know more.
Diploma in Information Technology Entrance Exams
There are various entrance exams for getting admission in Diploma In Electronics Engineering Course. Some of the top entrance exams are Listed below:
- Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (AP POLYCET)
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic Joint Entrance Exam (UBTER JEEP)
- Telangana Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)
- Jharkhand polytechnic entrance competitive exam (JCECE)
- HP Polytechnic admission test (HP PAT)
- Delhi Common entrance test (Delhi CET)
- Jammu and Kashmir polytechnic entrance test (JKBOPEE)
- Arunachal Pradesh joint entrance examination (APJEE)
The List of Diploma (Electronics Engineering) entrance exam application details for the above-mentioned examinations is mentioned in the table below.
|Entrance Exam||Online Application Form||Exam Date||Mode of Examination|
|AP POLYCET||2nd week of March 2021||4th week of April 2021||Offline Mode (Pen-Paper based)|
|UBTER JEEP||1st week of March 2021||4th week of April 2021||Offline Mode|
|TS POLYCET||May 1, 2021||June 12, 2021||Offline Mode (Pen-Paper based|
|JCECE||2nd week of April 2021||3rd week of May 2021||Offline Mode (Pen- Paper based)|
|HP PAT||1st week of April 2021||3rd week of May 2021||Offline Mode|
|Delhi CET||3rd week of March 2021||4th week of May 2021||Offline Mode (Pen-paper based)|
|JKBOPEE||January 4, 2021||April 4, 2021||Offline Mode|
|APJEE||1st week of April 2021||4th week of May 2021||Offline Mode (Pen-Paper based)|
Diploma in Information Technology: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Here are some steps that students can refer at the time of preparing for college entrance test-
- Admissions in Diploma in Information technology are directly conducted by the college so your preparation should depend upon the entrance exam
- This degree is not a must-have degree for an IT job in India but a person seeking specialization in a particular field that is he/she desires in-depth knowledge in that field then it is for you.
- Keep your documents intact and check for the documents required section of the college you get into.
Why should you pursue Diploma in Information Technology?
The reasons why you should go for the diploma in information technology are-
- To gain specialization in an area of interest that is if the student has a slight interest in computers and their application
- It will pimp your CV as the diploma in information technology is like a basic skill which would act as a boon in the computer science field.
- The diploma course is cheaper and makes you ready for the job and increases your knowledge in the field of information technology.
- The diploma course takes a really short time to complete and if you wish to work early then it is a good option for you as it showers with all the basic skills for work.
- At last, ask yourself and analyze whether this course would either help you in your career or will just be a degree on paper.
Diploma in Information Technology: Course Advantages
- Candidates interested in solving problems and assisting businesses with technical requirements must look forward to the course.
- Information technology is used generally for all computer-related works. Specifically, it is about transmitting, receiving, and storing data in the form of records which are not only essential for large organizations but small businesses.
- A diploma in information technology prepares the student to be well in database handling, record keeping, software development, and basic computer applications which can help them increase employability exponent in the field.
- The technology department in a workforce comprises people looking into the software as well as hardware of the computer and the diploma in IT provides the candidate with both the skills to be part of the workforce.
Diploma in Information Technology: Course Comparison
Students often get confused between a diploma in computer science or a diploma in IT so given below is the curse comparison for the same.
|DETAILS||Diploma in Information technology||Diploma in Computer Science|
|Information technology is about installing, designing and maintaining, and improving computer systems, operating systems, and databases.||Computer science is creating and understanding the processes involved in the applications. The course gives education with mathematics and computer theory.|
|DURATION||6-12 months||1 or 3 year|
|ELIGIBILITY||10th or equivalent from a recognized board||10th or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|ADMISSION PROCESS||Direct admission to the college, either merit-based or entrance based depending upon the college.||Merit-based|
|JOB PROFILES||Technical Consultant, Technology Engineer, IT Specialist, PL/SQL Developer, PHP Developer IT Programmer, and others.||Programmer, system analyst, software developer, technical analyst, and many more.|
|RECRUITING AREAS||Accounting, Database Handling, Basic Computer Applications, and others.||Academic Institutions, Telecommunication Companies, Manufacturing Companies, Aerospace and Defence Sector, Healthcare Companies, Agricultural Sector, and others.|
Top Diploma in Information Technology Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Institute Name||Average Annual Fee in INR|
|Agra College of Management and Technology||1,05,000|
|Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya||8,000|
|Patel College of Science and Technology||62,700|
|SSM College of Engineering and Technology||50,400|
|Dr. K N Modi University||53,500|
|Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University||10,000|
Diploma in Information Technology: College Comparison
The following table depicts the comparison made among the top three Diploma Colleges in India.
|Parameters||OPJS University||NIMS University|
|Overview||OPJS University is a State University located in Churu District of Rajasthan, India.||NIMS University is a self-financed medical and technical university located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It is recognized by UGC, established under the NIMS University Act 2008 by the government of India.|
|Duration||3 years||3 year|
|Admission Process||Merit based/ Entrance exams based||Entrance based|
|Average Fee||INR 7,750 (1st year fees)||INR 8,304|
|Eligibility||10th with Science stream and Maths||10th With Science stream and entrance exam conducted by MSBTE|
|Average salary offered||INR 2 LPA to INR 4.5 LPA||INR 2.3 LPA to INR 5 LPAA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TATA Power, Bajaj Electricals, TSC, IBM etc.||Wipro, Ericsson India Pvt Lmt, TATA Motors, Bajaj Auto etc.|
Diploma in Information Technology: Tips to get Best College
- Make sure you give your application before the deadline.
- Before submitting the documents ensure that they are valid and updated and are accordance with the instructions that are provided.
- Since, admission in Information Technology is done mostly on the basis of the Entrance exam (either at the national level or at the college level), do not compromise your preparation on any part of the syllabus.
- Make sure that you attain a good score at your graduation.
- The shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. So, prepare accordingly and do not lose confidence.
Diploma in Information Technology: Syllabus
Diploma in Information Technology will be a one-year course. And the course is divided into two parts.
|English and Communication Skills||RDBMS|
|Digital Electronics||Engineering Drawing, I|
|Applied Mathematics I||Multimedia and Applications|
|Computer Programming using C||Workshop Practical I|
|Applied Physics I||Computer Workshop|
|System Analysis and Design||Basics of Information Technology and Environmental|
|Applied Chemistry I||Awareness Camp|
Diploma in Information Technology: Recommended Books
Below given are the names of a few books that every student pursuing Diploma Information Technology must have these books as their study material.
Some of the reference books are mentioned below that students can relate –
|Information Technology in a Global Society for the IB Diploma||Stuart Gray|
|Information Technology, Data Communications & Electronic Banking||Iibf|
|Computer Fundaments (WBSCTE)||Ashok Arora|
|Introduction to Information Technology||Rajaraman, V|
Diploma in Information Technology: Job Prospects
Top Job Profile and Average Salary are given below:
|JOB POSITIONS||AVERAGE SALARY|
|IT Programmer||3-5 lacs|
|Software developer||4-5 lacs|
|Graphic designer||3-4 lacs|
|Technical consultant||4-6 lacs|
|Technical engineer||2-4 lacs|
|IT assistant||2-4 lacs|
|PSU jobs||3-4 lacs|
Diploma in Information Technology Scope
After completing the Diploma course. One can continue doing their further study and go for a Postgraduate and Ph.D. It will enhance their language skills and provide more knowledge. Graduation can work in the government sector as well as the private sector.
- PG Diploma/MBA: If a student wants to continue in the same field of education, the second program of choice is a PGDM. It is a two years duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a Diploma Degree in related disciplines. See Also Top PGDM/MBA Colleges in India
- PhD: If candidates want to go into the teaching profession they can pursue PhD after post graduation. It is a three to five years duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a Diploma Degree in related disciplines. See Also Top PhD Colleges in India
Diploma in Information Technology: FAQs
Ques- Is a diploma in IT a good option after 10th?
Ans- Yes, it is a good option to pursue a diploma in information technology after 10th as it is considered equivalent to 12th and you can enter the job field and grab a good job after the diploma.
Ques- What is the role of information technology in an organization?
Ans- Information technology is building networks for the company, creating and administering databases, and helping employees with their technical issues so that the organization works efficiently.
Ques- What course can I opt for after completing a diploma in information technology?
Ans- You can go for B. TECH in information technology/computer science, though the course is of 4 years the diploma students can complete it in 3 years.
Ques- Is it necessary to be from a maths background to pursue the diploma in IT?
Ans- Yes, it is necessary to have maths and science as a subject or PCM as a stream in 11th to be eligible for the diploma course.
Ques-What are the type of questions asked by colleges taking admissions through entrances?
Ans- Generally, the paper is objective and the questions are from basic maths and science till class 10th, most of the colleges take admissions through the merit obtained in class 10th.
Ques- Are IT jobs in demand?
Ans- IT is a major part of the technology industry and as we enter the start-up era, the demand keeps on increasing. Popular job designations are programmer, data analyst, software and hardware engineer, database administrator support specialist, and many more.
Ques- Is there any age limit to pursue a diploma?
Ans- No, there is no age limit to pursue a diploma. To pursue the course candidates must have passed class 10th from a recognized board
Ques- What are the skills required for an IT course?
Ans- Candidates must be tech-savvy and flexible in adopting new technologies and ways of working. Also, the other skills required are Creativity, accuracy, and ability to focus are also essential qualities that the students must have and Candidates must possess good communication skills and the ability to work in a stressful environment.