Diploma in Public Relations is a 1 year diploma level course in Mass Communication. In this Course students can learn about management of Public Relations, brand, image and relationship building and publicity and advertisement strategies.
The subjects that are taught during the course include Public Relations Writing, Society & Representation, Communication Theory and Public Relations Applications, Electronic Public Relations, Print & Design, Television & Radio, Political Economy of Public Communication, The Marketing Environment
Students who have completed his/her graduation from any relevant subject are eligible to apply for admission to Diploma in Public Relations Course. Almost all the colleges in our country admit students on the basis of graduation merit score. Counseling will be held after getting admitted in the colleges.
There are different types of institutes (like private or government institutes) who offer Diploma in Public Relations courses. The average tuition fees for this course ranges between INR 20,000 and INR 60,000 depending upon the colleges.
The Diploma in Public Relations Courses graduates will be able to get hired in public and private organizations in positions like Public Relation(PR) Officer, PR and Communications Manager, PR Manager, PR Specialists, etc etc.
They usually get employment in areas like Hotels, Banks, Educational Institutes, Entertainment Industry,Tourist Agencies, Consultancy Firms, Hospitals, Sports, Police Departments, etc.
The average placement package that can be expected by fresh graduates of Diploma in Public Relations Courses usually ranges between INR 3,00,000 and INR 8,00,000 per annum.
After Diploma Course in Public Relation they can go for higher studies like PG Diploma in Public Relation or MBA/MA.
What is the Diploma in Public Relations Courses Admission Process?
For admission to a Diploma in Public Relations Course, most of the universities will consider your graduation aggregate score. The fundamental application process for Diploma in Public Relations is talked about underneath.
- Application Process: The applicants will initially need to apply to the individual colleges through the on the website or offline application forms. The college will request a total details of the candidates like ID confirmation, scholastic accreditations and percentages, and so on. The students should give the right information.
- Shortlisting of the Candidates: based on the data given by the applicants, the college will shortlist the students. They will shortlist a limited number of students as per the seats accessible.
- Declaration of Cutoffs and Merit Lists: After shortlisting the candidates, the colleges will declare a cutoff criteria and merit list of shortlisted Students. These applicants will be called for additional rounds of admission.
- Counseling and Document Verification: The Shortlisted Students will be called to report to the college reporting centres alongside every one of the pertinent documents. The documents will be confirmed by the authorities to check the qualification of the applicants.
- Enrollment: The Students qualified during Documents verification be enlisted to the Diploma in Public Relations course.
What is the Diploma in Public Relations Courses Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Public Relations Courses aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility for the course may change from institute to institute.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation from a relevant subject from a recognized University.
- Students must have at least 50 percentage aggregate marks to be eligible for this course.
- They must have a good communication skills
How to get admission in a good Diploma in Public Relations Courses college?
For getting admission in top Diploma in Public Relations Colleges, the students should remember the accompanying points in mind.
- The cutoffs for Diploma in Public Relations in top universities and colleges for the most part goes between 60% to 70%. Thus, the students should score above 70% graduation to be on a more secure side.
- The students should set up their portfolio and resume appropriately. These are vital and valuable in cracking the interview without any problem.
- The students should work away at their communication abilities. They ought to talk fluently and confidently.
- The students should choose the college appropriately and apply to every college individually
- While applying, they ought to be exceptionally cautious while filling every one of the details. Any wrong or jumbled information may prompt their cancellation
Diploma in Public Relations Courses: What is it about?
Information and details about the Diploma in Public Relations Courses are as follows.
- Public Relations focus around the free arrangement of messages in the media through media discharges, article substance, and advancement.
- Students make and execute PR crusades as a feature of their course work. They can work inside an expert climate through entry level positions and practicum programs.
- The program gives Students establishing in customary PR hypothesis and practice close by a comprehension of late turns of events and difficulties for the calling.
- Candidates should have basic speculation like utilizing rationale and thinking to recognize the qualities and shortcomings of elective arrangements, ends or ways to deal with issues.
- They ought to have social insight, for example, monitoring others' responses and understanding why they respond as they do.
- The course is gainful to get familiar with the most recent procedures important to prevail in the quick changing universe of interchanges and how governments use PR in peacetime and in battle as publicity.
- The course shows them how to function with writers, to address their issues and to amplify positive exposure and limit negative inclusion for your customers.
- Students k acquire pragmatic abilities, in the wake of passing it, for example, composing news discharges, putting together public interviews, making PR crusades, managing the, reacting to awful news, inventive utilization of on the web and web-based media.
Diploma in Public Relations Courses Highlights
Highlights for Diploma in Public Relations Courses program are provided in the table given below:
|Course Level||Diploma level|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Public Relations|
|Examination type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||Passed in Bachelor with a minimum of 50 percentage marks and above from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Merit Based|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 - INR 60,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2 LPA - 5 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys etc.|
|Job Position||PR Manager, PR Specialists, PR Officer, PR and Communications Manager etc.|
Why Study Diploma in Public Relations Courses?
The goal to attain a Diploma in Public Relations Courses will depend on each candidate’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue the course are as follows.
- Diploma in Public Relations course is an exceptionally simple and practical approach to enter the PR business.
- The students should spend less money on this course, however they get an extremely attractive Salary subsequent to finishing this course. Thus, this course has a high ROI esteem.
- The students from any stream can join this course. Furthermore, subsequent to finishing this course, they can do master's and higher studies in the Public Relation field.
- This course improves the students' solid composed and visual abilities, the imaginative capacity to advance a product.
- Diploma in Public Relations is an ideal for Students who look to function as an occasion chief, item brand director, media arranging administrator.
- All through the course, Students will get opportunities for work in many rumored corporations, prominent brands, and numerous worldwide organizations.
- The students will get a ton of opportunities to travel, work and settle abroad.
Diploma in Public Relations and Advertising vs Diploma in Public Relations
The course comparison between Diploma in Public Relations and Advertising and Diploma in Public Relations Course
|Parameters||Diploma in Public Relations Course||Public Relations and Advertising Course|
|Duration||1 year||1 year|
|Focus Area||This Course can deal with different types of PR strategies, their result and analysis. They are also involved in brand building aspects through Public relationsR. They concentrate on all the brand building processes equally, with advertising.||This course covers both topics Public Relations and Advertising in detail. They can analyse how Public Relation can be done effectively through Advertising and analysing and comparing the results with other methods of brand building.|
|ssion Criteria||Merit based||Merit based|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed in bachelor's in relevant subject from a recognized board||Passed in bachelor's in relevant subject from a recognized board|
|Average Course Fees||INR 20,000 - 60,000||INR 30,000 - 80,000|
|Job Options||PR Manager, PR Specialists,PR Officer, PR and Communications Manager etc.||Media Relations Officers, Media Executive, Advertisement Planner, PR Manager etc|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2 LPA - 6 LPA||INR 2 LPA - 6 LPA|
Which are the Top Diploma in Public Relations Courses Colleges?
The table below shows the best Diploma in Public Relations Courses colleges that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|College Name||Average Fees|
|Livewires The Media Institute||INR 25,000|
|Bhavan's College of Communication and Management||INR 25,000|
|Bhabha Institute of Management Science||INR 16,500|
|SRM Institute of Technology||INR 25,000|
|College of Events and Media||INR 20,000|
|Patna University||INR 15,000|
What is the Syllabus of Diploma in Public Relations Course ?
The subjects taught for the Diploma in Public Relations program are almost similar in most of the colleges. The syllabus for the entire Diploma in Public Relations course is as follows.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Laws and Ethics in Public Relations I||Advanced Public Relations|
|PR Campaign - Strategy and Management||Laws and Ethics in Public Relations II|
|Effects of Good PR Strategies||Industrial Training|
|Public Relations and Brand Building||PR Campaign - Analysis and Implementation|
|Writing for Public Relations I||Writing for Public Relations II|
|Introduction to Public Relations||Internship|
What are Job Prospects and Career Options after Diploma in Public Relations Courses ?
- Career after Diploma is one of the top profession decisions made by students in India. It has a ton of scope as far as career openings. Subsequent to finishing Diploma in Public Relations course, applicants may land paid job positions in government as well as in private associations.
- Public Relation (PR) professionals are hired across numerous IT Companies, News Channels, TV Channels, and such, for maintaining a good public image, in order to be at the top.
Some of the job options that a Diploma in Public Relations Courses student can opt for along with job description and salary package are mentioned in the table below
|Name of Job Profile||Description of what roles does the particular person play||Average salary in INR|
|Public Relations Officer||A Public Relations Officer fundamentally oversees notoriety. They acquire comprehension and backing for customers, just as attempt to impact assessment and conduct. They utilize all types of media and correspondence to construct, keep up and deal with the standing of their customers.||INR 2 to 5 lakhs|
|Communications Officer||A Communication Officer is answerable for composing promoting correspondences material and gathering data. They work intimately with partners like item and showcasing chiefs, fashioners and site administrators||INR 2 to 4 lakhs|
|Media Relations Officer||A Media Relations Officer fabricates and supports a decent picture for a given organization, association, public picture, or brand by utilizing a wide scope of media, and through arranged exposure missions and PR exercises.||INR 2 to 6 lakhs|
|Research Analyst||A Research Analyst performs examination and gathers information and data to help an organization market its items and administrations. They gather information like, customer socioeconomics, inclinations, needs, and purchasing propensities, and assess such data utilizing factual strategies and programming.||INR 2 to 4 lakhs|
Diploma in Public Relations Courses FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions pertaining to the Diploma in Public Relations Courses are as follows:
Ques. What is a diploma in public relations?
Ans. The point of the capability is to create in the understudy the competency to design, apply, carry out and assess advertising and correspondence the board rehearses in an assortment of business and social settings.
Ques. Is PR a good career?
Ans.On the off chance that you will expand on your relational abilities, work in a quick moving, consistently evolving scene, and learn new things consistently, PR could be an energizing industry to work in. It will not be simple, yet in case you're willing to commit errors, and make a plunge, there will be no lack of chances for you.
Ques. What are the employment opportunities for Diploma in Public Relations students in India?
Ans. Diploma PR students have high chances of employment in India. These students can easily find jobs in any Media Agency, PR Agency or any organisation.
Ques. Will I have to qualify in any entrance exam for admission to Diploma PR course?
Ans. Though the exact admission process differs from institute to institute, most of the institute grant admission to Diploma Public Relations Course on the basis of marks scored in graduation. They don't take any entrance exam..