Event Management deals with planning,organizing, conceptualising and implementing ideas into events. Event Managements spreads across various fields of work such as corporate events, wedding events, outdoor conferences etc.The events and activations industry is expected to cross INR 10,000 crore mark by 2020 - 21, as per an Event and Entertainment Management Association Report. In the US 53% of the attendees participate in corporate and business events, 18% in conventions and conferences and 16% in trade shows.
The Indian Events Management industry stood at 5,631 crores in 2016 – 2017 and is estimated to reach INR 10,000 crores by 2022. According to a recent survey an average amount of USD 32,213 is spent by an Indian for a wedding. On the contrary, an average amount of USD 27,000 is spent by an American for a wedding.
The average salary structure post completing Event Management courses in india increased from INR 2.5 LPA in 2016 to INR 4.45 LPA in 2021.
There are several types of Event Management courses like, Certificate Courses, Diploma in Event Management, Bachelor in Event management and Postgraduate degree in Event Management. The eligibility criteria for an Event Management course depends upon the course that you want to pursue. However the minimum eligibility criteria is, students have to clear Class 12 boards with 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Apart from these students can also take up Event Management courses after class 10, the eligibility for which requires students to clear their class 10th exam with 45% – 50% aggregate marks from a recognised board.
All About Event Management Courses
An event Management course as the name suggests is a course that deals with the entire process of planning till executing an entire event. Event Management is the process of planning a festival, program, ceremony, party, concert, or convention.
- Event Management courses fee ranges from INR 40,000 - 5,00,000
- Event Management course admissions are done both on the basis of merit and on the basis of entrance exams as well
- The various Event Management entrance exams are: CAT, MAT, CMAT or GMAT etc.
- Diploma in Event Management and Undergraduation in Event Management are the most opted courses
- The duration of an Undergraduate degree in Event Management ranges for 3 years and Diploma in Event Management courses ranges within 1 - 2 years
- The average salary after completing an Event Management courses ranges between INR 3 - 5 LPA
What is Event Management?
Event management includes budgeting, establishing dates, selecting and reserving the event sites, acquiring permits, arranging for local support, coordinating transportation, arranging decorations, event support, security, aid stations emergency plans, etc. It is a gamut of activities that need to be checked thoroughly before implementation. The act of planning, coordinating, running, and organizing an event for people, teams, communities, and so on is referred to as event management. The program's main goal is to teach students how to analyze, market, plan, and run a business successfully. Though there is no special or certified qualification required to excel in event management, there are a number of institutes that offer short-term diploma courses in the field. An event manager should have good communication and proficiency skills, as well as the confidence and courage to carry out events in an efficient manner, as well as organizational skills.
Who can pursue Event Management courses
The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing Event Management courses are mentioned below,
- Candidates have to clear their Class 12 board exams with 40% - 45% aggregate marks from a recognised board
- For pursuing a Postgraduate degree in Event Management, students have to have a Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates with a strong communication skill will have an edge, considering Event Management majorly deals with communicating with the clients and the investors and the stakeholders.
Why Event Management courses?
Every job comes with few perks, which adds an onus to it and makes it less boring and monotonic. Event Management courses too has few perks, which makes it an interesting job to pursue. Below enlisted are few of the top reasons as to why students should pursue event management courses,
- Travel to New Places: The most interesting part about event management is, it is not restricted to closed doors. Several events happen at outdoor locations with a scenic view. For events like award ceremonies, destination weddings, corporate events people often prefer conducting them outside, thus giving the event managers a chance to go outside and travel to new places where a fun and fulling adventure awaits them
- Extensive Scope of Collaboration: For individuals who thrive on meeting new people and cultivating new relationships, Event Management gives an immense scope to them. Event Managers get the opportunity to interact with people from various industries such as photographers, musicians, corporate developers, chefs etc.
- Work Satisfaction: As an Event Manager, it is the responsibility to plan an event from scratch and execute it till the end. After working for an event for weeks and months when you finally see it gradually happening into a successful one, gives an immense sense of pride and satisfaction to an event manager.
- Gives you a chance to build your startup: After working for sufficient years with other companies and organizations when you have enough experience and you become aware of all the how’s and why’s of the industry, you can always start your own business. This will give you the freedom to work like the way you wanted and get your own ideas to a particular project all by yourself
Types of Event Management Courses
Students are offered with several choices to pursue Event Management courses, starting from Certificate courses Doctoral Courses in Event Management. The eligibility criteria is a major factor in the process of choosing the apt Event Management courses for oneself. Below mentioned are few of the courses that students can choose from while pursuing Event Management Courses,
Online Courses: The eligibility criteria for Online Event Management courses requires students to clear their class 12 board exams from a recognised board and the duration varies from 5 hours to 5 months.
Certificate, Diploma, and PG Diploma Courses: While eligibility for a diploma in Event Management courses in Grade 12 is anywhere from 45% to 50%, these courses will add to your resume if you take them after graduation. with at least 50% qualification. Admission to the PGDM and PGPM programs is based on exams such as CAT, MAT, CMAT, etc.
Graduate Degree Courses: You can apply for the BBA and BA courses in event management if you have completed 12th grade with at least 50%. Aptitude test as part of the selection process.
Postgraduate Degree Course: To apply for these courses, you must have achieved at least 60% of the overall grades upon completion. No specific graduate-level specialization is required to apply for these courses. However, industry experience can help you improve. Universities and jobs Admission is based on management entrance exams accepted by the relevant institute i.e. CAT, MAH-CET, CMAT, SNAP, MAT, etc.
There are a lot of course structures that one can choose from when they plan to pursue an Event Management course. Some of the top courses that are frequently attempted are given below,
|Name of the Course||Type of Course||Duration|
|PGP in Event Management and Public Relations||PG Diploma Course||1 year|
|PGDM in Event Management||PG Diploma Course||2 years|
|MBA in Event Management||Postgraduate Degree Course||2 years|
|MBA in Event Management & Public Relations||Postgraduate Degree Course||2 years|
|MA in PR & Event Management||Postgraduate Degree Course||2 years|
|BBA in Event Management & PR||Graduate Degree Course||3 years|
|BBA in Event Management||Graduate Degree Course||3 years|
|BA in Event Management||Graduate Degree Course||3 years|
|Diploma in Event Management||Diploma Course||1 year|
|PG Diploma in Event Management||PG Diploma Course||1 year|
|PG Diploma in Media Marketing and Event Management||PG Diploma Course||1 year|
|Certificate in Event Management||Certificate Course||3 months|
Below is discussed few of the types of Events Management courses along with their fees structure and duration,
Certification Courses in Event Management
There are few accredited Certificate courses that one can choose to pursue in Event Management. Some of the top Event Management Certificate courses are tabulated below,
|Certificate Name||Average Fees (INR)||Duration|
|Certificate III in Events||84,755||9 - 33 months|
|Certificate in Events Management||11,90,000||1 year|
|Course in Sport Event Management Online||90,930||10 weeks|
|International Certificate in Online Communication Events||39,500||100 hours|
|International Certificate Online Organizing Techniques and Practical Guide to Events||39,500||100 hours|
|Online Certificate in Meeting & Event Management||87,670||6 - 12 months|
|Certificate in Applied Tourism & Event Management||90,430||6 - 9 months|
Diploma Courses in Event Management
The various Diploma courses available across various colleges for Event Management are tabulated below,
|College Name||Location||Average Fees (INR)|
|Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication||Dwarka, New Delhi||90,000|
|Times and Trends Academy||Chinchwad, Pune||45,000|
|Government Polytechnic College||Shahjahanpur||31,110|
|EMDI Institute of Media and Communication||Vile Parle, Mumbai||63,067|
|University of Mumbai||Mumbai||16,000|
Bachelors Courses in Event Management
The list of Colleges offering Bachelor degree in event management are mentioned below,
|Name of the College||Location||Average Fees (INR)|
|MIT Peace World University||Pune||2,35,000|
|GEMS B School||Bangalore||2,50,000|
|Tritya Institute of Event Management||New Delhi||1,20,000|
Masters Courses in Event Management
The list of colleges offering Masters in Event Management are,
|Name of the Colleges||Location||Average Fees (INR)|
Event Management Eligibility Criteria
Certificate, Diploma, and PG Diploma Courses: Although you must have 45 percent to 50 percent of your class 12 marks to be eligible for diploma in event management courses, these courses will add value to your CV if you pursue them after graduation. After completing a bachelor's degree (in any field) with a minimum of 50 percent marks, you can apply for PG Diploma courses. Exams such as the CAT, MAT, and CMAT are used to determine admission to PGDM and PGPM programs.
Graduate Degree Courses: Once you have completed class 12 with at least 50% marks, you can apply for BBA and BA courses in event management. Admissions are made based on a merit list compiled from the results of the class 12 board exams. However, as part of the selection process, some universities may administer a basic aptitude test.
Postgraduate Degree Course: To apply for these courses, you must have at least a 60 percent aggregate grade point average in your graduation. To apply for these courses at the graduate level, no specific specialization is required. However, industry experience can help you get into better colleges and jobs. Admission is based on management entrance exams accepted by the institute in question, such as the CAT or MAH-CET.
Event Management Courses After 12th
Many students in India are interested in the best event management courses after completing their 10th or 12th grades. Anyone interested in a career in event management must possess a variety of qualities, including leadership qualities, public relations skills, marketing and business development skills, risk management skills, budgeting skills, and so on. Following the completion of the 12th grade, students have a plethora of opportunities in various fields such as advertising, visual communications, event organizing, and many more management courses after 12th and in considering the event management course, there is a vast scope and job security in this growing community and let's take a look at the Event Management courses to pursue after 12th.
Bachelor’s in Event Management Courses After 12th
- Bachelor of Arts in public relations and event management
- Bachelor of business administration in event management
Diploma in Event Management Courses After 12th
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Advanced Diploma in Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management and Activation
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Media, and Event Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Event Management
Master’s in Event Management Courses After 12th
- Master's of Event Management & PR (MEM)
- Master's of Business Administration (Event Management & PR)
Careers in Event Management
Inorder to build a successful career into Event Management, one should follow the mentioned steps to get a hasslefree result,
- Step 1: Complete your Bachelor’s Degree: Before you forge into the Event Management profession, it is very important to have a certain amount of knowledge about the profession. An Undergraduate degree in Event Management would help you understand the subject as well as give you brief outlines of what actually happens in the industry. Once you complete the course you will be at an edge to those professionals who do not have a degree in the field.
- Step 2: Get hands on experience: Once you are done with the degree, you are ready to face the world. However before joining the industry an internship will give you an insight of what goes behind all the events that you have witnessed so far. During an internship you will get to learn the real Event Management industry, with things and people, who manage it.
- Step 3: Learn Industry Technology: Event Managers are expected to Master a few programs like Project Management, Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Marketing Software etc that are used in the industry for a better grip at the profession.
- Step 4: Choose a Specialization: Some Event Managers are generalists, however there are many who choose their field of specialization, that may be a Wedding Planner, Birthday Planners, Corporate Event Planner etc.
- Step 5: Create a Portfolio: No matter what you are doing or when you want to switch or start your own business, always be ready with a portfolio, of all the events that you have done and your achievements.
Online Event Management courses
Apart from the above mentioned courses there are several Online courses that are available in Event Management. Some of them are tabulated below for your reference,
|Course in Wedding Planning Planner||International Career Institute||1 year|
|Higher Program Organization of Events, Protocol and Business Tourism||EAE Business School , School of Tourism & Hospitality, The Ostelea Barcelona||9 months|
|Course in Event Management||International Career Institute||6 - 12 months|
|Event Management for Beginners||Udemy||45 hours|
|Project Management Principles and Practices||Coursera||5 months|
Best Event Management Colleges in India
One can pursue Event Management for any of their preference of degrees, which are already mentioned in the article. Some of the top colleges where one can choose to apply for a prestigious degree in Event Management are tabulated below,
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)|
|National Institute of Event Management||70,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth University||2,25,000|
|University of Mumbai||55,000|
|Garware Institute of Career Education and Development||1,41,000|
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)|
|Faculty of Management Studies, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies||2,98,500|
|Galgotias University School of Business||1,59,000|
|Impact Institute of Event Management||3,00,000|
|Tritya Institute of Event Management||1,50,000|
|National Academy of Event Management and Development||54,000|
|Name of the College||Average Fees (INR)|
|NIEM The Institute of Event Management||70,000|
|National Academy of Media and Events||1,53,000|
|iLEAD - Institute of Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development||15,000|
|Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Studies||-|
|Candid School of Communication||1,50,000|
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)|
|MIT World Peace University||7,05,000|
|Indian School of Business Management||29,900|
|SCDL - Symbiosis Centre of Distance Learning||41,000|
|NIEM - The Institute of Event Management||80,000|
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)|
|GEMS B School||6,56,000|
|Jain Deemed to be University||-|
|Aptech Aviation Academy||51,450|
Best Event Management Colleges Abroad
Event Management is not only restricted in India. It has an equal amount of opportunities abroad as well. Some of the top colleges abroad who enroll students in Event Management are mentioned below,
|Name of the College||Average Fees (INR)|
|Bow valley College||2,226,490|
|George brown College||10,37,435||12,18,200|
|Name of the Colleges||Average Fees (INR)|
|University of Greenwich||14,39,782||15,26,108|
|Oxford Brookes University||1,113,000|
|University College Birmingham||12,21,914||12,84,603|
Event Management course Syllabus
The Event Management Syllabus consists of topics covering parts of finance, IT as well as advertising. Below mentioned stable will give a brief detail about the subjects that are taught in an Event Management course,
|Principles of Event Management||Consumer Behaviour and Brand Management|
|Event Advertising||Event Risk Management|
|Marketing Management||Special Event Topics|
|Cross- Cultural Management||Business Communication|
|Event Production & Catering||IT for Event Management|
|Negotiation Skills||Project Work|
Skills for Event Management Courses
- Event Management requires people to constantly interact with clients, stakeholders and investors. Thus, having a good communication skill is the fore most vital skill required for becoming a successful Event Manager
- Team Leaders or Managers will have to constantly guide their team to achieving the desired result, thus one should have sufficient leadership skills in this field.
- Time Management skill is the most important skill whenever we talk about Event Management. Event Managers are bound by time, within which they have to finish their projects, so one must be very much aware of the time management skills.
- An Event Manager should be very proactive and supportive, when it comes to leading a team. The more reachable, trustworthy and supportive the Event Manager is, the more better will be the performance of their team
|Eye for detail||Intellectually curious|
Scope of Event Management Courses
After successfully completing your desired degree in Event Management, you can choose to start your career as an Executive, Event Coordinator, Event Manager, Wedding Planner etc. The table below will discuss steps one can follow to begin one’s career in Event Management. Because of the nature of the course, the career opportunities after even management are extremely limited. A fresher's starting salary ranges between Rs. 2 and Rs. 3 lakh. Some aspirants, after gaining sufficient experience in the respective field, can even start their own event management company, which can provide you with higher returns. The following are some of the most common job roles for candidates with event management experience.
There are numerous companies that hire event management professionals to create both large-scale and small-scale events. Candidates can apply for jobs in the entertainment, marketing, and advertising industries. The following are some of the most well-known companies that employ event managers. The top Recruiters in the field of Event Management are,
|Encompass Events||Cox and Kings|
Event management is one of the newest and most popular fields of management. Although the field is frequently regarded as a subset of the public relations industry, it has been gaining market share and creating a plethora of job opportunities for aspirants. Candidates who have completed courses in advertising, public relations, and corporate communication may also pursue a career in event management. The various job profile that one can get into post completion of the course are as follows,
|Job Profiles||Job Description|
|Event Manager||An Event Manager is the key person in an Event. He is responsible for the entire event, from planning to organizing and implementing.|
|Marketing Manager||A Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the marketing of a product or a business. He is in charge of gathering sponsors for the events. He is particularly responsible for attracting clients and making them invest into the company|
|Business Development Executive||A BDE or Business Development Executives only responsibility is to get revenues for the company in terms of clients and investors. He is in charge of making cold calls and constantly stays in touch with potential clients.|
|Wedding Planner||A wedding planner plans a wedding from scratch. The venue, transportation, food, location, caterers, decorations, everything is planned by a wedding planner within the budget specified by his/her clients.|
|Event Coordinator||An Event Coordinator is solely responsible for selecting venues, negotiating price, organizing event resources and tracking customer support|
|Event Accounts Manager||As the name suggests an Event Accounts Manager is responsible for the accounts and finance department. He keeps a tally on the amount spent and also is responsible for incurring profits by the company.|
Scope of Event Management Courses Abroad
Abroad too has a plethora of opportunities when it comes to Event Management. After completing one’s degree one can get into respective Event Management jobs that have profiles such as Event Planner, Event Manager, Wedding Planner etc. Some of the top jobs along with the top recruiting Event Management companies are mentioned below,
|Bassett Events, Inc||David Tutera|
|MKG||A Perfect Event|
|Colin Cowie||Rafanelli Events|
Event Management Courses: Salary
Event Management Salary depends on the type of job profile that one is working for. Different job profiles offer different salary structures. Below mentioned table will discuss the difference in salaries of an Event Managing employee
Job Profile wise
|Job Profile||Average Salary (INR)|
|Business Development Executive||2,98,887|
|Event Accounts Manager||4,85,434|
Event Management Courses: FAQs
Ques. What are the fees of the Event Management course?
Ques. Will Mumbai Event Management colleges have placements at the campus?
Ques. Can I do Event Management After the 12th?
Ques. What is the salary of an event manager?
Ques. Is event management worth it?
Ques. Which is the best course for event management?
Ques. What should I pursue to become an event manager?
Ques. What entrance exams are conducted for event management courses admissions?
Ques. What are some certificate courses in Event Management?
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria to pursue event management courses?
Ques. What are job options after event management courses?
Ques. Can Event Management be pursued at Undergraduate Level?
Ques. What are the top colleges that offer event management courses?
Ques. Is there a scope for Event Management in India?
Ques. Which is the best Event Management College in terms of course structure and placements?