Executive Masters of Business Administration in Marketing also known as EMBA Marketing is a one-year duration master’s program curated for business professionals and working individuals who do not have the time to join a full-time MBA marketing program and want to continue their jobs while pursuing MBA.
The minimum eligibility criteria for students willing to study EMBA Marketing in India is graduation in any stream with an aggregate of at least 55% marks. Generally, colleges and universities also ask for a minimum work experience of 5 years from the applicants.
EMBA Marketing Syllabus aims to focus on consumer consumption of products and curating products that the customer might buy. EMBA Marketing syllabus covers everything from advertising, branding, marketing, market research globally.
Some of the top colleges offering EMBA Marketing include ISBC, IIM-A, IIM-C, FMS Delhi etc. The average fee charged for the course is around INR 19,00,000 in the top tier colleges.
Check: Top EMBA Marketing Colleges
After completing this course, candidates can bag a job of Marketing Manager, Brand Executive, Communication manager among others. The job positions lead them to earn packages ranging from INR 8,00,000 to 30,00,000 per annum.
Check: EMBA Marketing Jobs
For further higher studies, an EMBA Marketing student can apply for PhD courses in similar specializations for a research based approach on the subjects.
EMBA Marketing Course Highlights
|Full form||Executive Masters of Business Administration in Marketing|
|Eligibility||Hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 55% marks from a recognized university.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 19,00,000 to 39,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 8,00,000 to 30,00,000|
|Job positions||Marketing Manager, Brand Executive, Communication Manager etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Ogilvy and mather, India Mart, JWT, IMRB, Just Dial, Trade India.com, etc.,|
EMBA Marketing Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to get admission to EMBA Marketing course in Indian Colleges/ Universities:
- The candidate must have scored an aggregate of at least 55% marks in the Bachelor’s degree examination.
- Students have to clear the cut off to seek admission to the concerned college/ university.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is compulsory and important criteria for EMBA.
EMBA Marketing Admission Process
EMBA Marketing admissions are usually done on the basis of a candidate's performance in entrance exams or based on the candidate’s merit in the qualifying examination. The step-by-step procedure to apply for EMBA Marketing course is given below:
- Registration: In this step, candidates need to register themselves by visiting the official website of the concerned college/ university and enter details like name, email-id and phone number etc.
- Fill the Application Form: Candidates have to fill the application form by filling needs to fill up important details like educational details, academic qualifying, work experience etc.
- Document Submission: All document proofs are asked to check how genuine the application submitted is and other details like picture and signature are also asked to be submitted. They are asked in limited size and that must be kept in mind while uploading.
- Application fee: Pay the requisite amount of application fee either online using Credit/ Debit card or offline using e-challan.
- Admit card: Students can download admit cards once indicated by the college that they are released.
- Examination: Appear for the entrance exam.
- Results: Candidates can check the results on the official website of the admission authority to check whether he/ she is qualified for the subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Counselling: After the declaration of result, candidates will be provided the schedule of counselling by the admission authorities.
- Admission: Once the admission process is concluded, candidates can finally take admission to the desired college/ university.
EMBA Marketing Entrance Exams
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the EMBA Marketing program.
Some of the top entrance exams conducted to shortlist students for admission to EMBA course are provided below.
- CAT: CAT or Common Admission Test is an online test conducted every year by IIMs in order to shortlist students for providing admission into various management degree and diploma programs. The exam is conducted annually.
- MAT: MAT is a national level entrance exam which is conducted four times in a year. This exam is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) for admission into MBA/PGDM courses across the country.
- CMAT: CMAT is an online computer-based test. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency, India. This entrance exam is conducted to select students for admission into AICTE approved postgraduate management programs.
The dates of application and exam for the above-mentioned entrance exams are mentioned in the table below.
|Entrance Exam||Entrance Mode||Application Period||Exam Date|
|CAT 2021||Online||First Week of August - Fourth Week of September, 2021||November, 2021|
|MAT 2021||Remote Proctored IBT||December 16 - February 14, 2021||February 20, 2021|
|CMAT 2021||Online||First Week of November - First Week of December 2020||Fourth Week of January 2021|
|XAT 2021||Online||Second Week of September - Second Week of December, 2020||January 03, 2021|
How to prepare for EMBA Marketing entrance examinations?
Scoring well in an entrance exam is not a difficult task if one is well aware of the latest exam pattern. The preparation strategy needs to be well planned and as per the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
Students are advised to follow the below-mentioned tips to prepare for entrance exams:
- The Aspirants should know the full syllabus of the entrance examination that they are planning to give. Basically, the entrance exam comprises three sections i.e. Verbal Reasoning and Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude/ Reasoning.
- Students are advised to follow the most recommended books for the preparation of entrance exams.
- Students must go through the past papers, sample papers and mock tests in order to improve their speed and accuracy.
EMBA Marketing Syllabus
The syllabus and structure for EMBA Marketing has combination of core courses and Electives and is as follows:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Economics for Managers||Introduction to Financial Management|
|Management Accounting||Supply Chain Management|
|Marketing Management||Conflict and Negotiation|
|Operation Management||Organizational Behaviour|
|Human Resource Management||Marketing Research|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Business Analytics||Customer Relationship Management|
|Project Management||Integrated Marketing Communication|
|Learning and Development||Product Management|
|Salesforce Channel Management||Business to Business Marketing|
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Managing People and Performance in Organizations
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Designing organizations
- Economics and Social Science
- Corporate Strategy and Policy
- Decision Science and Information System
- Finance and Accounting
Top Colleges offering EMBA Marketing
The following table contains some of the best colleges for EMBA Marketing course:
|College/ University||Average Annual Fees|
|ISBC, Bangalore||INR 39,63,000|
|IIFT-New Delhi||INR 7,50,000|
EMBA Marketing College Comparison
The following table depicts the comparison made among the top three EMBA Marketing Colleges in India.
|Parameter||ISBC Bangalore||IIM Ahmedabad||IIM Calcutta|
|Objective||This institute offers a large number of UG, PG and certificate courses like BBA, B.Com, BCA, MBA, and PGDM in Management.||IIM Ahmedabad is one of the best management institutes in India. This institute offers numerous management programs.||IIM Calcutta's most popular program is MBA followed by one year MBA or Executive MBA or MBAEx. The college also offers doctoral & certificate courses in management.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 39,63,000||INR 28,00,000||INR 27,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 15,80,000||INR 12,50,000||INR 18,85,000|
|Top Companies Visited||Flipkart, Oracle, Microsoft etc.||BCG, KPMG, JP Morgan, P&G etc.||Bank of America, BCG, Flipkart, ITC, Vedanta etc.|
How to get admission to a good EMBA Marketing College?
To get admission into a good EMBA Marketing college, students have to follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Admission to EMBA Marketing course study widely depends on the performance in the entrance examinations. To get admission, candidates must score good marks in any of the MBA entrance exams.
- Start preparing for the entrance exam and personal interview (PI) round five months before the entrance exam date.
- It is equally important for candidates to score well in the Bachelor’s degree exams.
- Make a list of the top EMBA colleges in India and keep the target colleges or universities in mind.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest application date, entrance examination date, admission period, eligibility, documents, etc., so that you don't miss any important details regarding the admission.
- Browse through the official website of the respective colleges and check out the course curriculum thoroughly to excel in the entrance examination.
Executive MBA Marketing Vs MBA Marketing
EMBA and MBA are different levels of business administration even though they are postgraduate degrees. As already known, EMBA is for working professionals with experience whereas MBA can be done by graduate freshers not necessarily experienced ones.
Even though there a lot of similarities between EMBA Marketing and MBA Marketing, there are subtle differences as well and as a student who is interested in pursuing the course, one must know the subtle differences between the both which are as follows:
|Parameters||EMBA Marketing||MBA Marketing|
|Duration||1-3 years||2 years|
|Focus Area||Focuses on industry trends and customer likings, global markets for already established industries etc.||Focuses on basics of marketing and consumer behaviour in general, market trends.|
|Admission Criteria||National and International level entrance exams||National level and state level entrance exams|
|Eligibility Criteria||55% in graduation alongwith 5 years of experience||50% in graduation|
|Average Course Fees||INR 19,00,000-39,00,000||INR 80,000- 4,00,000|
|Job Options||Brand Manager,Marketing Manager, Asset Manager, Media Manager etc.||Junior Manager, Assistant manager, Assistant Marketing Manager etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Market Research, Market Management, Brand Management etc.||Corporate sales, Asset Manager, Media Planner, Product Manager etc.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 6,00,000-10,00,000||INR3,60,000-7,50,000|
EMBA Marketing: Jobs and Career Options
Marketing has widely available profile options and an Executive MBA is not an exception.
- After finishing the course, the professional is eligible and has a higher degree that is beneficial in pursuing a path that offers better work-salary prospectus.
- Most of the available profiles for EMBA Marketing are in brands that have multinational dealings which means the candidate gets to travel, research and organize international branding and marketing of the firm he works for.
Below are some job positions which are bagged by an individual pursuing EMBA Marketing course:
|Job Position||Job Description||Annual Average Salary|
|Marketing Manager||Supervises product marketing||INR 6,87,000|
|Brand Manager||Ensures brand reaches potential customers||INR 6,00,000|
|Sales Manager||Manages and supervises sales||INR 4,85,000|
|Research Manager||Propose research methods, supervise research team and manage research money||INR7,50,000|
|Customer Relationship Manager||Maintaining profitable relations with key customers||INR 5,50,000|
Source: College Websites
EMBA Marketing: Future Scope
Apart from seeking jobs, another option for students is to pursue higher education. EMBA Marketing course scope available to students are given below:
- PhD: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a PhD Marketing. It is a three-year course and the eligibility criteria include having a Master’s degree in Rural Development. Students can pursue PhD in any of the related fields.
Check out the Top PhD Rural Development Colleges in India
- Competitive examinations: Another route that postgraduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Students will be able to get to the highest paid jobs in this sector.
EMBA Marketing FAQs
Ques. What is an Executive MBA?
Ans. Executive MBA is a Masters of Business administration course designed and tailored for working professionals in an industry to educate them about trending practices in business administration.
Ques. Who can do an Executive MBA?
Ans. Executive MBA is only for working professionals who have at least 5 years of experience or more
Ques. Is it beneficial to do an EMBA in Marketing?
Ans. Marketing MBA is one of the most demanded courses in business administration so yes, it is beneficial to do an EMBA in Marketing.
Ques. What are the career options in an EMBA Marketing course?
Ans. A professional who has finished an Executive MBA in Marketing can work in many roles such as Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Media Manager, Asset Manager etc.
Ques. What is the duration of an Executive MBA course?
Ans. EMBA is usually a one-year long course provided on weekends for working professionals. Some colleges offer it for even longer durations.
Ques. What is the salary package that a student gets after an EMBA Marketing course?
Ans. The pay package after EMBA Marketing course usually depends on the job profile. The overall average salary for an EMBA Marketing is between INR 6,00,000 and 10,00,000.
Ques. Is EMBA better than a normal MBA?
Ans. Both can’t be compared because, EMBA is a course for working professionals only whereas MBA can be for any professional fresher who did not even enter any industry. Both have their own pros and cons.
Ques. Is GMAT/ GRE compulsory to pursue EMBA from ISB?
Ans. Yes, a professional willing to do an EMBA from Indian School of Business is bound to appear for GMAT or GRE tests and qualify with an eligible cut-off for the branch he/she is aspiring to enrol into.
Ques. Can I apply for an EMBA course without experience or without being a full-time employee?
Ans. No, the first and foremost eligibility criteria for an application to Executive MBA is having a minimum of 5 years experience as a full-time working professional.