Graphic Design Courses train students to become Graphic Designers that create visual concepts using the software. Graphic Design Industry is about to witness a total of 3% job growth rate by the year 2028. The scope of Graphic Design courses by the year 2028 is predicted to increase by 24% in new emerging areas of computer systems design, animation, and mobile advertising. Traditional areas of graphic design such as media, books, and publishing are predicted to remain stagnant or show no job growth rate in coming years.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics Report 2020, Graphic Designers’ salary was estimated to be INR 39,09,748, which was higher than general art and design professionals, whose average income was estimated to be INR 35,88,941- INR 30,02,991.
A total of 281,500 Graphic Designer jobs were recorded in the year 2019 and by the end of 2020, Indian Graphic Design Industry was estimated to generate a revenue of INR 188.32 billion.
Graphic Design Courses After 12th are offered at various levels. A candidate can pursue various Certifications in Graphic Design, Diploma, Bachelors and Masters courses. To learn the basics of graphic design, one can also pursue Online Graphic Design Courses on Udemy, Coursera, and SkillShare.
All About Graphic Design Courses
Graphic design courses are available at the certificate, diploma, to full-time UG, and PG graphic design courses. Among them, Graphic design courses online provided by Coursera, Udemy, edX are very popular.
- To pursue degree courses in graphic designing, you need to score 50% marks in 10+2.
- Admission to certificate and diploma in graphic design courses is done on the basis of 10+2 marks, while for UG and PG graphic design courses, one has to appear for various entrance examinations such as NID DAT, AIEED, CEED, and other university level entrance exams.
- The top UG and PG graphic design courses consist of BDes Graphic Design, MDes Graphic Design, BA (Hons) Graphic Design, and MA in Graphic Design.
- NID Ahmedabad, NIFT New Delhi, Pearl Academy, and Symbiosis Pune are premier colleges in India that offer various graphic design courses.
- The majority of graphic design courses of UG and PG levels are offered by colleges abroad in the UK, US, and Dubai.
- The duration of various Graphic Design courses varies from 2 months to 1 year for diploma and certification courses, while for the Graduation and Post Graduation it requires the qualification in the Graphic Designing Entrance Examination.
- Typically the course fees for all the courses in Graphic Designing are different and they vary from INR 2- 23 lakhs.
After completing Graphic Design courses you are offered job positions like Graphics Designer, Creative Director, Editorial Designer, Advertising Art Director, Computer Artist, Web Designer, Animation Designer. The average starting salary that is offered INR 2,00,000 - 9,00,000.
Know More: Graphic Designing Jobs
What is Graphic Designing?
According to Census Bureau 2017 report, the following are some quick facts about Graphic Design Courses:
- 53.4 of graphic designers are female, making it a gender-neutral profession.
- According to US Department of Labour report, 22% of graphic designers are self-employed, 10% are hired by design services, 8% by advertising, PR, and 7-5% by print and media industry.
- Graphic designers usually have a bachelor's degree, the major areas of specialization include- Advertising, Fine Arts, and Commercial Design.
- Graphic Designers usually major in 3 areas: Visual & Performing Arts, Engineering, and Business.
- Graphic Designers specialize in Visual & Performing Arts, Communication Technologies, and Architecture during their bachelor’s degree.
Graphic designing courses involve crafting where professionals create visual content to communicate messages. By the application of visual hierarchy and page layout techniques, graphic designers use typography and pictures to meet customers’ specific needs and focus on the logic of displaying elements in interactive designs.
The major areas of focus when it comes to graphic design are:
|Symmetry and Balance||Flow|
|The Golden Ratio||The Rule of Thirds|
Why Study Graphic Designing Courses?
A Career as a Graphic Designer is often fun, flexible, and filled with creativity. The following are the reasons why you should consider pursuing graphic design courses.
- In 2018-2028, a 3% job growth rate is predicted for graphic designers.
- The growth rate is slower than the average. However, designers with updated portfolios and skills may find new job opportunities in companies looking to increase their online presence and digital marketing efforts.
- Traditional areas of graphic design such as book design, newspapers, and illustration are expected to witness a 22 percent decline for the next decade.
- However, emerging areas such as computer systems design, animation, video editing, and mobile advertising are expected to have a 24% increase by 2028.
Who should pursue Graphic Design Courses?
Graphic Design courses are amongst the up and coming courses. Graphic Design Courses are widely pursued by students for making a career in animation, web designing industries, advertising agenices and others. It is amongst those courses which requires creative eye and passion to make something from scratch. The following points will discuss requisites to who can pursue graphic design courses,
- Graphic Designers express their ways creativity everyday. Apart from choosing colour palettes and imagery types graphic designers also have to think outside the box. Thus candidates who are creative with a good eye for detail, graphic design courses gives you the opportunity to bring your ideas to life
- Every design project, starting from a small flyer to a major advertising campaign, has the potential to make a difference. So candidates who can hone their visual communication skills and has the potential to make a difference through their work can pursue the course
- There are a lot of opportunities for designers to work on their own, from freelancing to strating their own business. So candidates who wish to work and create designs on their own can pursue graphic design courses
- Graphic Designers are in demand, particularly those with digital skills. Brands such as Apple, Google, Specsavers etc are always on a look out for fresh graphoc design course graduates, so individuals looking forward to work with such top brands for their creative sides can choose to pursue graphic design courses
Software Required for Graphic Design Courses
A good graphic design software provides good features and flexibility that can be easily understood by a beginner, but it also has advanced-level tools for an experienced user.
The list of all the popular softwares for graphic design courses is prepared below, later the best of these softwares are discussed in details:
|Adobe Illustrator||Affinity Designer|
|Adobe InDesign||CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019|
|Xara Designer Pro X||GIMP|
|Design Wizard||Infinite Design|
- Adobe Photoshop is the most popular software for graphic design.
- Photoshop can be used to create banners, posters, websites, or logos.
- Photoshop has features to let you define the size of your canvas, isolate elements from backgrounds, create custom brushes, work in 3D, do much more.
- Photoshop can work both on Windows and Mac.
Check: Photoshop Courses
- Illustrator is a design software that is centered around the concept of vector design.
- Using Illustrator, you can create artwork, icons, posters, etc. and the designs can be used in business cards, smartphones to 8k screens.
- You can use the shaper tool to draw and create vector shapes. Geometric shapes can be added, moved, reshaped, and scaled.
- The fonts used in illustrator can be manipulated according to your needs by adjusting their weight, slant, or width.
- It works well on both Windows and Mac.
- InDesign is another software by Adobe that can be used to create designs.
- It is used to design magazines, info sheets, books, posters, interactive PDFs, brochures, etc.
- It has Sensei technology that makes the automatic arrangement and resizing of images.
- The Creative Cloud Libraries enables users to share text, colors, and graphics with other members.
- Adobe InDesign can also work on Windows and Mac.
Types of Graphic Design Courses
Graphic design courses are available at the certificate, diploma, to full-time UG, and PG graphic design courses. Among them, Graphic design courses online provided by Coursera, Udemy, edX are very popular.
Graphic Design Certifications
According to burning glass, relatively few recruiters ask for graphic design certifications. But according to job posting data worldwide, Adobe is one of the top skills recruiters look for in a graphic designer.
The eligibility criteria for Certificate Grpahic Design Courses are
- No prior education/experience required. Basic familiarity with arts, design, and computers is beneficial.
The top Graphic Design Certifications asked by the recruiters are:
|Certified in Adobe Photoshop||Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)|
|Adobe Illustrator Certification||Graphic Design Certification|
|Certified Graphic Designer||Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)|
|Adobe Captivate Certification||Autodesk 3ds Max Certified|
|Omg Certified UML Professional||Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI)|
|Advertising Design Certification||Adobe InDesign (Certified)|
A majority of graphic design courses online are available on Coursera, Udemy, Google, and LinkedIn Learning for a duration of a few hours to 1 year. NIFT Delhi, NIFT Raebareli, and Pearl Academy are the top colleges that offer certificate graphic design courses at a course fee of INR 20,000- 1,00,000.
Candidates need to visit the official website of the respective college/university where they wish to apply and fill in the online application form and submit the application fee.
|Course Name||Provider||Course Fees|
|Graphic Design Specialization||Coursera||Free|
|Graphic Design Master Class||Udemy||INR 455|
|Graphic Design Elements for Non-Designers||Coursera||Free|
|Graphic Design Bootcamp||Udemy||INR 455|
|Become a Graphic Designer||LinkedIn Learning||Free|
|Google UX Design Professional Certificate||Coursera||Free|
|Fundamentals of Graphic Design||Free|
|Professional Certificate in Graphic Design||Sessions College||$3,300|
|Beginners Guide to Graphic Design Without Paid Software||Udemy||Free|
|Professional Advertising & Graphic Design||Udemy||Free|
|Graphic Design and Communication||NIFT New Delhi||INR 1,00,000|
|Certificate Program in Graphic Designing||Vogue Institute of Art and Design, Bangalore||NA|
|Certificate Course in Advertising & Graphics||Pearl Academy||NA|
|Certificate in Graphic and Web Designing||NIFT Raebareli||INR 20,000|
Diploma in Graphic Design Courses
Diploma in graphic design courses is professional training courses meant for individuals who do not want to waste their time in pursuing a full-time degree course in graphic design, and instead are looking for such graphic design courses that will help them find jobs quickly.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing Diploma in Graphic Design Courses are,
- 50% marks in class 12th board exams
- Certain colleges ask candidates to submit the said documents on time as the eligibility criteria.
Students who want to pursue this program must have passed Class 10 or 10+2 from a recognized board.
|Course Name||College/Institute Name||Duration||Course Fee|
|Graphic Design Master Course||ADMEC Multimedia, Delhi||8 months||NA|
|Diploma in Graphic Design||INSD New Delhi||1 year||INR 81,000|
|Graphic Design Advanced Diploma Online||Masters Design Lab, UK||1 year||INR 5,90,049|
|Graphic Design and Interactive Media Diploma Online||Toronto Film School, Canada||2 years||NA|
|Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design (Online)||Centennial College, Canada||3 years||INR 1,52,133|
|Executive Diploma in Graphics Design & Desktop Publishing (Online)||International Career Institute, UK||NA||INR 2,537|
|Diploma in Graphic Design and Media||PSB Academy||1 year||INR 4,95,735|
|Diploma of Graphic Design||TasTAFE||1 year||INR 6,28,796|
Undergraduate Level Graphic Design Courses
UG-level graphic design courses are in demand and the most opted graphic design courses as a large number of students look for a full-time degree program to get into a better career.
Undegraduate Graphic Design Courses requires the following eligibility criteria,
- 50% marks in class 12 in any stream from a recognized board
- Some colleges that offer merit-based admissions might ask for a higher aggregate (90-95%).
Students who want to pursue this program must have passed Class 10+2 in any stream from a recognized university. Students need to have a valid IELTS score and a statement of purpose/resume for admissions in colleges abroad.
|Course Name||College Name||Course Fee|
|BDes Graphic Design||National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad||INR 3,32,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune||INR 4,20,000|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design||UCA UK||INR 17,61,301|
|DMU UK||INR 15,32,781|
|Middlesex University, Dubai||INR 34,00,709|
|BSc in Graphic, Advertising & Digital Design||ILAM Mumbai||NA|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Communication Design||Central Saint Martins, UK||INR 23,81,287|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design: Advertising and Branding||University of Hertfordshire, UK||INR 9,61,598|
|BA Graphic Design and Visual Communication||HMKW Berlin||INR 57,874|
Postgraduate Level Graphic Design Courses
Master programs of graphic design courses are specially designed for the students who are interested in getting expertise in the field of graphic design and are interested in digital image making and many other things in this field are well suited to this course.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing Postgraduate Graphic Design Courses are,
- BDes/BA or any related bachelors’ degree from a recognized university, with 50% marks in total
Students who want to pursue this program must have passed graduation in relevant discipline from a recognized board/ university.
|Course Name||College Name||Course Fee|
|MDes Graphic Design||NID Ahmedabad||INR 3,74,000|
|MA Graphic Design||UCA UK||INR 18,16,855|
|Middlesex University, Dubai||INR 16,44,310|
|Suffolk University, Boston||INR 23,71,601|
|Rajagiri College of Management And Applied Sciences, Kochi||NA|
|MA Graphic Communication Design||Central Saint Martins||INR 6,70,169|
|MA in graphic design and visual experience||SCAD Georgia||NA|
|MA/MFA Graphic Design and Art Direction||Manchester Metropolitan University, UK||INR 18,17,263|
How to Start a Career as a Graphic Designer?
Being a very competitive and popular career choice, you need to stand out of the crowd to make it as a graphic designer. Here are some tips to start a career after pursuing graphic design courses.
Work on your Software Skills
- Most graphic design courses don’t focus heavily on software skills, and rather focus on theoretical concepts.
- It remains a fact that all of the graphic design jobs demand that you be skilled in specific design tools, like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign.
- To learn these softwares, for example, might want to take an structured online course.
- While you are looking for jobs after graduating from any of the graphic design courses, you can start freelancing in the meantime.
- Freelancing will help solidify everything you’ve learned and strengthen your skills as a graphic designer.
- Freelancing will also help earn the extra amount of salary while you have your full-time job as a graphic designer.
Create an Online Presence
- An online platform such as your own website or portfolio will help maintain a constant dialogue with other people or clients interested in your work.
- Prospective employers expect you to have either your own website or an online portfolio so that they could know what each of the graphic designers has to offer.
Study Other Works
- As the field of graphic design is ultra-competitive, you must constantly look for ways to stand out from the crowd.
- This can be done by not only refining your graphic designing skills, but also understanding how others work, and how their designs are.
- This does not mean that you have to copy their style, but it makes you aware of what niche or design is trending in the market and how you could deliver as per market trends.
Try Improving via Practice
- In the end, it is important to keep practicing and improving in your career as a graphic designer.
- You can always take some online graphic design courses, or graphic design training courses to learn a new skill, read magazines and newspapers to be aware of the latest trends in design.
- You also need to be connected to the network of graphic designers all over the world to be aware of the trends and emerging clients for the graphic design world.
Skills Required to Pursue Graphic Design Courses
Even if you choose the right combination of subjects in high school, and graduate from an appropriate graphic design course, the following skills play a major role in deciding whether you are a perfect fit for a graphic designer role.
|Creativity||Knowledge of Software|
|Knowledge of Programming Language||Time Management|
|Visualizations||Good Communication Skills|
|Ability to Work in a Team||Ability to Work With Detail|
|Skill in Visual Design||Good Interpersonal Skill|
|Ability to Work Long Hours||Ability to Work in Strict Deadlines|
|Knowledge of Typography||Knowledge of Colour Theory|
Top Online Graphic Design Courses
Udemy, SkillShare and Coursera have emerged as the top websites that offer the most popular online graphic designing courses.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing Online Graphic Design Courses are,
- Anyone after class 10 can pursue. Basic familiarity with arts, design, and computers is beneficial.
Graphic Design Courses by Udemy
The popular udemy graphic design courses are mentioned below. Note that all of these courses are available at a cost of INR 4,480.
|Graphic Design Masterclass - Learn Great Design||25.5 hours|
|Graphic Design Bootcamp: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign||15.5 hours|
|The Complete Graphic Design Theory for Beginners Course||8.5 hours|
|Introduction To Graphic Design||2.5 hours|
|Graphic Design - An Overview of the Field||1 hour|
|The Art & Science of Drawing / Dynamic Mark Making||1.5 hours|
|Adobe CC Masterclass: Photoshop, Illustrator, XD & InDesign||13 hours|
|Learn Professional 2D Game Graphic Design in Photoshop||6.5 hours|
|Canva Graphic Design for Entrepreneurs - Design 11 Projects||3.5 hours|
Graphic Design Courses by SkillShare
SkillShare is popular for its short duration graphic design courses that are very well illustrated by the top graphic designers themselves. Here is a list of top graphic designing courses online by SkillShare.
|Digital Illustration Techniques: Creating a Paper Pop-Up Style||1 hour 29 minutes|
|Graphic Design: Create a Bold, Colorful Album Cover||43 minutes|
|Learn Adobe InDesign: By Creating a Recipe Card||56 minutes|
|Digital Illustrative Typography: Playing With Adobe Fresco||57 minutes|
|Adobe Photoshop CC – Essentials Training Course||9 hours 39 minutes|
|Graphic Design Basics: Core Principles for Visual Design||36 minutes|
|Make Great YouTube Thumbnails||1 hour 11 minutes|
|Logo Design with Draplin: Secrets of Shape, Type and Color||1 hour 7 minutes|
Graphic Design Courses by Coursera
|Graphic Design||University of Colorado Boulder|
|Graphic Design Specialization||California Institute of the Arts|
|Fundamentals of Graphic Design||California Institute of the Arts|
|Introduction to Typography||California Institute of the Arts|
|Create and Design Digital Products using Canva||Coursera Project Network|
|Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat||The University of Sydney|
|Google UX Design Professional Certificate|
|Graphic Design Elements for Non-Designers Specialization||University of Colorado Boulder|
|Design and Make Infographics (Project-Centered Course)||Michigan State University|
Graphic Design Recommended Books
There are several books on Graphic Design courses that one can refer to for a better knowledge, however below mentioned table will discuss the top 8 best selling books for graphic design courses,
|Name of the Books||Authors|
|The Elements of Graphic Design||Alex W. White|
|The Little Know-It-All: Common Sense for Designers||Silja Bilz|
|Design, Form and Chaos||Paul Rand|
|Graphic Design Theory From the Field||Helen Armstrong|
|Guide to Graphic Design||Scott W. Santoro|
|Graphic Design: The New Basics||Ellen Lupton & Jennifer Cole Phillips|
|Media Design with Adobe||Catherine Skintik|
|Principles of Form and Design||Wong|
Top Graphic Designing Colleges in India
Here is a list of top graphic designing colleges in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Pune. All of the colleges provide some of the best graphic design courses.
Graphic Design Courses in Delhi
|Pearl Academy, Rajouri Garden||Certificate Course in Advertising & Graphics||INR 5.2 L - 20.83 L|
|NIFT Delhi||Graphic Design and Communication||INR 1 L|
|NIELIT Delhi||Certified Graphic Designer||INR 7,300|
|New Delhi YMCA||Graphic Designing Certification||INR 30,000|
Graphic Design Courses in Mumbai
|Pearl Academy, Mumbai||Certificate Course in Advertising & Graphics||INR 6.48 L - 26.18 L|
|Frameboxx 2.0 Thane||Expert Certification Course in Graphic Design||NA|
|Arena Animation, Bandra||Web & Graphics Course||INR 1 L|
|St. Pauls Institute of Communication Education||Professional Graphic Design Certificate Course||INR 15,340|
|ISDI - School of Design and Innovation||Post Graduate Diploma in Design||INR 84.96 K|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management (ILAM)||BSc in Graphic, Advertising & Digital Designing||INR 3.45 L|
Graphic Design Courses in Bangalore
|RV University, Bangalore||BDes in Information and Graphic Design||INR 14 L|
|LISAA School of Design, Bangalore||Diploma in Graphic Design||INR 1.5 L|
|The D-School, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)||BDes||INR 14.4 L|
|JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Lavelle Road||Diploma in Graphic Design||NA|
|Center for Creative Arts and Design, Jain (Deemed-to-be University)||BA and MA with specialization in Graphic Design||NA|
|Pearl Academy, Bangalore||Certificate Course in Advertising & Graphics||NA|
Graphic Design Courses in Pune
|DYPDC School of Design, Ajeenkya DY Patil University||BDes Graphic Design||INR 14 L|
|Arena Animation||Web & Graphics Course||NA|
|Times & Trends Academy, Koregaon Park||Graphic Design Course||INR 25 K - 59 K|
|Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune||BDes in Communication Design||INR 16.2 L|
|DSK International Campus||Certificate in Graphic Design||INR 19.8 L|
|MIT Institute of Design||BDes Graphic Design||INR 8.09 L - 17.65 L|
Scope of Graphic Designing Courses
The scope after pursuing any of the graphic design courses is immense. Graphic Designers are recruited in various areas such as:
|Print & publishing houses (like newspapers, magazines, etc.)||Advertising agencies|
|Graphic design studios||TV & Multimedia production houses|
|Website development studios||E-learning companies|
|Web Design Studios||-|
Graphic Designing Jobs
In recent times, the demand for professional and skilled graphic designers from across the nation has seen a surge. There is an estimation of the graphic industry reaching as high as 188.32 billion by the end of 2021.
Here we have discussed some of the common and popular graphic designing jobs, their salary, and the skills they need:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Graphic Designer||INR 3 – 5 Lakhs|
|Flash Animator||INR 3 lakhs|
|Layout Designer||INR 11 lakhs|
|UI Designer||INR 4 lakhs|
|Web Designer||INR 3 – 4 Lakhs|
|Multimedia Designer||INR 3 - 6 Lakhs|
|Editorial Designer||INR 3 - 5 Lakhs|
|Communication Designer||INR 2 – 4 Lakhs|
|Graphic Design, Inc.||IKEA|
|Designer Graphics||Vistaprint Inc|
|Accenture||EY (Ernst & Young)|
Salary of a Graphic Designer in India
The average salary of a graphic designer in his initial years is INR 1,43,000 per annum. With years of experience, it can go up to INR 6,19,000 per annum.
|Entry-Level Salary||INR 1,43,000|
|Mid-Level Salary||INR 2,99,000|
|Senior-Level Salary||INR 6,19,000|
Experience Wise salary
|Experience in Years||Average Salary(INR)|
Company Wise Salary
|Graphic Design, Inc.||3 lakhs|
|Designer Graphics||3.66 lakhs|
|Vistaprint Inc||2.10 lakhs|
|Decathlon Group||3.36 lakhs|
|EY (Ernst & Young)||7.27 lakhs|
Graphic Design Courses: FAQs
Ques. Can I pursue graphic design courses after 10th?
Ans. Yes, You can pursue both certificate and diploma courses after Class 10th but for higher studies like bachelors you need to complete Class 10+2.
Ques. Which online websites are there to learn graphic design courses and skills?
Ans. There are a lot of websites available online for graphic design courses and skills such as Alison, Coursera, edX, Udemy, SkillShare, etc.
Ques. What are the programs available under the graphic design courses?
Ans. The programs available under graphic design courses are Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors, and Masters.
Ques. What are the specializations available under the graphic design courses?
Ans. Some of the popular specializations of graphic design courses include Web Design, Animation, Multimedia, Communication Design, Visual Design, etc.
Ques. What are the job profiles available for graphic design qualified candidates?
Ans. Students of graphic design programs can work as a Graphics Designer, Creative Director, Editorial Designer, Advertising Art Director, Computer Artist, Web Designer, Animation Designer, etc.
Ques. What is the annual average tuition fee charged for the graphic design courses?
Ans. The annual average tuition fee at the top graphic design colleges is between INR 10,000 to INR 2,00,000.
Ques. What is the average salary in the graphic design courses?
Ans. The average salary ranges from INR 1 Lakhs – 7 LPA that varies as per the job profile.
Ques. Are there any Entrance Exams to take admission in graphic design courses?
Ans. Yes, there are few entrance exams for Bachelors such as NID DAT, MITID DAT, and CEED Entrance exams, and for Masters Admissions such as AIEED, MITID DAT, and CEED Entrance exams but for certificate and diploma courses, entrance exams are not required.
Ques. Is it worth pursuing graphic design courses?
Ans. Yes, definitely it is worth pursuing if you want to build your career in the field of Graphic Design and animation where you get to show your creative ideas through visual communication using the software.
Ques. What are the courses you can pursue along with a degree in graphic designing?
Ans. You can pursue Computer Graphics and Animation Courses.
Ques. Where you can find Graphic Design Courses Online Free?
Ans. Coursera and Udemy offer many free graphic design courses.
Ques. Do Graphic Design Courses have any scope?
Ans. Yes, after graphic design courses, you can easily find jobs as graphic designer, Creative Director, Editorial Designer, Advertising Art Director, Animation Designer. You can get a starting salary of INR 2-9 lakhs per annum for such job roles.
Ques. What is the job growth rate of graphic design industry?
Ans. By 2028, Graphic design industry is predicted to witness a 3% increase in jobs and overall industry growth.