MMS Finance is a 2 Years’ Post-Graduate Course Programme in the field of Management Studies. Management Studies is considered one of the extensive fields in today’s world. This course provides in-depth knowledge of human resource management, economics, and business studies.
- TANCET 2021 registrations are open from 19 January click here to apply.
- Xat 2021 result has released on offical website. Click here
MMS finance largely talks about the management parts of any organization that involves Money and Investment. It provides students with a vast knowledge of the changing world of management, new business techniques, entrepreneurship, trading, finance, stock, and risk analysis.
This focuses to teach the students how to efficiently establish effective financial management within the organization through legitimate planning and strategy to get optimum benefit from it. MMS Finance graduates can opt for PGDM in Management or MBA courses as having a MBA job will provide them a handsome amount of salary.
MMS Finance aspirants must have completed their Graduation in the relevant stream from any recognized College or University with at least 50% marks or higher. In spite of being conducted merit-based admission by a few colleges, the admission in MMS Finance is principally conducted through entrance examinations. There are various entrance examinations meant for admission in the MMS Finance including MAH CET, CAT, MAT, and XAT, etc. The average course fee for MMS Finance is INR 2 to 12 LPA.
Below given is a list of top colleges offering a MMS course.
|Name of the College||Location||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees (INR)||Average Placement Salary|
|SIES College of Management Studies||Mumbai||Common Entrance Test||INR 2.20 Lakhs||6.91 LPA|
|Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management||Mumbai||Common Entrance Test||INR 1.60 Lakhs||4.50 LPA|
|GNVS Institute of Management||Mumbai||Common Entrance Test||INR 3.50 Lakhs||4.20 LPA|
|ASM Group of Institutes||Pune||Merit-Based||INR 1.15 Lakhs||5.10 LPA|
|Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||Common Entrance Test||INR 2.36 Lakhs||3.50 LPA|
After the completion of MMS Finance, the students can also pursue Ph.D. in Business Administration as a token of higher education. The candidates after passing out MMS Finance can work in different job roles such as Management Consultant, Business Manager, Hedge Fund Manager, Project Manager, and Investment Banker, etc.
Thus the candidates can shoot off their career with an average starting salary of INR 2.40 to 3 LPA. MMS finance has ample opportunities in India. The students can grab exciting opportunities to work in famous companies like Morgan and Stanley, Tata Motors, Amazon, Asian Paints, Hindustan Unilever, Apollo Hospitals, and Amazon, etc.
Also Checkout: Top Colleges offering MMS Finance course in India
What is the Admission Process of MMS Finance?
Every year a lot of students from the management and commerce stream go for having admission to MMS Finance. Primarily the admission to MMS Finance in different colleges and universities is conducted through the Common Entrance Test. In addition, the students need to go through a Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round to finalize their admission for MMS Finance in a particular college or university.
However, there are few universities and colleges who invite Merit-based direct admission to MMS Finance based on the previous academic records. The admission process for MMS Finance is briefly described below –
- The students have to apply online at the official website of the Entrance Examination conducted body. Generally, MAH CET is the applicable State level entrance examination for the MMS Finance course.
- The students who have cleared CAT, MAT, and XAT etc. are also eligible to apply for the course.
- After the completion of the proper registration, the candidates are required to be frequent at the official website of the entrance examination conducting bodies for any further update.
- The date of the examination and the date of declaration of admit card and other important information will be disclosed by the examination authority.
- The students have to present at the entrance examination successfully clear the examination with a decent CGPA to get a good college for MMS Finance.
- The merit list will be disclosed by the entrance examination authority containing the names of the successful candidates.
- The students will be permitted to select their desired college as per their rank in the entrance examination.
What is the Eligibility Criteria of MMS Finance?
The candidates who wish to pursue MMS Finance have to meet the following eligibility criterion to apply for the course.
- The candidates should complete their Graduation in the relevant stream with at least 50% marks or higher.
- The candidates must have done their Graduation from any recognized college or University.
- The candidates should go through the Common Entrance Test or pass any other Entrance Examination valid for MMS Finance.
What are the Entrance Examinations for MMS Finance?
Primarily the admission to MMS Finance is done through Entrance Examinations. But there are few colleges that offer merit-based direct admission. There are various entrance examinations available for the students to apply for MMS Finance.
- MAH CET – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a State Level Post Graduate entrance examination conducted by DTE Maharashtra. It is a MCQ based online entrance examination appropriate for MMS Finance. The time duration for this test is 150 minutes.
- CAT – It is an online entrance examination subject to conduct admission in Post Graduate and fellow management programs. It is a combination of MCQ and Non-MCQ questions where the students have to answer the questions within 120 minutes.
- MAT – It is a national level entrance examination conducted by the All Indian Management Association (AIMA). The examination is conducted through three modes i.e. offline, online and Internet-based from home. The questions are of the objective type that the candidates have to answer within 150 minutes. The full Marks of the examination is 200.
- XAT – Xavier Aptitude Test, is another national level entrance examination subject to conduct admission MBA and PGDM. The mode of the test is online and it is conducted by the XLRI Jamshedpur. The duration of this entrance is 3 hours.
The Examination highlights for the above-mentioned entrance examinations are notified in the following table.
|Name of the Examination||Application Date||Examination Date||Mode of the Examination|
|MAH CET (2021)||3rd Week of Jan’21 – 3rd Week of Feb’21||3rd Week of Mar’21||Online|
|CAT (2021)||1st Week of Aug’21 – 4th Week of Sep’21||Nov 21, 2021||Online|
|MAT (2020)||Oct 05 – Nov 29, 2020 (Only PBT Mode)||Dec 06, 2020||Online/Offline|
|XAT (2021)||Sep 12 – Nov 30, 2020||Jan 03, 2021||Online|
How to get admission in a good MMS Finance College?
Studying in a good college you will not only be provided with ultimate knowledge and expertise, rather you will also get a good professional exposure in the field of MMS Finance. Behind your academic career, a good college or institution always plays an important role that constantly motivates you to do something bigger in your field of study or interest. The following are some of the brief highlights; you should keep in mind to get admission to a good MMS Finance College.
- The admission in the MMS Finance is done through entrance examinations. So prepare well for the entrance examination so that you can secure a comfortable rank to easily get admission in a good MMS Finance college.
- While choosing college research is mandatory. Good research about the various colleges will help you to reach a better decision.
- Make sure that the college has sufficient infrastructure for MMS Finance and can furnish you with a bright future scope with your area of education.
- Make sure that the college is composed of qualified experts and teaching professionals for the course. You can get details about it through public surveys and the internet.
MMS Finance Course Highlights
The Course highlights of MMS Finance is shown in the following table –
|Course Level||Masters/Post Graduate|
|Full-Form||Masters in Management Studies (Finance)|
|Duration||2 Years – Full Time|
|Examination Type||Semester Type Examination|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in relevant stream with at least 50% marks from any recognized College or University.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination and Merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 2 to 12 LPA|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.40 to 3 LPA|
|Job Positions||Management Consultant, Business Manager, Hedge Fund Manager, Project Manager, and Investment Banker etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Investment Banks, Brand & Marketing Companies, Personal Business, Multinational Corporations and Consultancies, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||JP Morgan Chase & Co., Morgan and Stanley, Tata Motors, Amazon, Asian Paints, Hindustan Unilever, Apollo Hospitals, Amazon, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hero Motocorp and ITC Ltd. etc.|
Why study MMS Finance?
Like other Post Graduate Programmes, MMS Finance is also an important subject having super comfortable market value. It is not only formulated with academic excellence but also composed of skills and techniques. The followings are some of the important points mentioned behind pursuing MMS Finance –
- Apart from academic aspects, it also teaches you various skills and techniques such as decision-making skills, analyzing skills, analytical skills, assumption skills, etc.
- MMS Finance furnishes you with a complete guide to establishing strong financial management within an organization.
- It helps you fight with various financial and investment challenges that arise in an organization. It also describes how important is management to flow in an organization to maintain the backbone of the company.
- MMS Finance teaches the candidates how to grow the annual turnover of the company by maintaining customer relationships and account management.
- MMS Finance is also responsible to provide compact practical knowledge and application-based education apart from furnishing theoretical knowledge.
What are the Top Colleges offering MMS Finance?
The following are the names of the top colleges that provide MMS Finance in India.
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees (INR)||Average Placement Salary|
|SIES College of Management Studies||Common Entrance Test||INR 2.20 Lakhs||6.91 LPA|
|Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management||Common Entrance Test||INR 1.60 Lakhs||4.50 LPA|
|GNVS Institute of Management||Common Entrance Test||INR 3.50 Lakhs||4.20 LPA|
|ASM Group of Institutes||Merit-Based||INR 1.15 Lakhs||5.10 LPA|
|Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies||Common Entrance Test||INR 2.36 Lakhs||3.50 LPA|
|Humera Khan Institute of Management Studies and Research||Common Entrance Test||INR 1.25 Lakhs||4.00 LPA|
|Kohinoor Business School||Common Entrance Test||INR 4.50 Lakhs||4.50 LPA|
|MET Institute of Management||Common Entrance Test||INR 4.00 Lakhs||7.50 LPA|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education||Common Entrance Test||INR 1.38 Lakhs||12.20 LPA|
|IES’S Management College and Research Center||Common Entrance Test||INR 2.85 Lakhs||5.85 LPA|
What is the Syllabus of MMS Finance?
The semester wise syllabus for MMS Finance is written below in the following table.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Business Statistics||Operations Research|
|Operations Management||Financial Accounting|
|Perspective Management||Marketing Management|
|Managerial Economics||Business Research Methods|
|Financial Accounting||Human Resource Management|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions||Project Management ( Final Project)|
|Financial Markets and Institutions||-|
|Financial Regulations||Electives (Any 1)|
|Security Analysis and Portfolio Management||Commercial Banking|
|Derivatives and Risk Management||Business Analytics|
|Summer Internship||Venture Capital and Private Equity|
What are the important books for MMS Finance?
Written are the names of some important books that the candidates are requested to follow while studying MMS Finance. These books are widely recommended and the students can take them as suggestions.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Fundamentals of Financial Management||Dr. R.P. Rustagi|
|Operations Management||William J. Stevenson|
|Business Organization and Management||P.C. Tulsian|
|Corporate Risk Management||Georges Dionne|
|International Financial Management||Sharan V.|
What are the job and career prospects of MMS Finance
As MMS Finance has larger scope in India, there are handfuls of opportunities available for the candidates. It is one of the growing areas that is, right now in the constant developing stage because in this world management or management studies is the most extensive subject. After the completion of MMS Finance there will be different professional opportunities for the candidates.
Followings are the top Job Profiles to be gone for by the candidates after the completion of MMS Finance Course.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary (INR)|
|Account Manager||Account Managers are responsible to handle the Sales Department of any organization. They primarily work on the customer relationship within the organization and manage the sales accounts of the customers.||6.50 LPA|
|Portfolio Manager||Portfolio Managers have to deal with the Investments and Investors on behalf of the company. They are required to calculate the possible risks and value the risk preferences and shortcoming risks within a particular time frame for the investors.||11.54 LPA|
|Investment Banker||Investment Bankers are required to work in the capital markets to generate cash and liquid cash for their clients by selling equity and issuing debentures. They have to deal with the companies for such activities.||9.92 LPA|
|Management Consultant||Management Consultants are responsible for the growth and performance of the business. They have to deal with the different problems and risks.||11.36 LPA|
|Equity Research Analyst||Equity Research Analysts indirectly work in the stock markets and help their clients to invest in the proper right stocks of the companies so that they can enjoy good amounts of dividends at the end of the year.||8.24 LPA|
MMS Finance Salary Trend Graph
The Salary Trend Graph for MMS Finance has been shown below
What is the Future Scope of MMS Finance?
Students after completing their MMS Finance course are exposed to the basics of the corporate world. MMS Finance graduates acquire team building, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills, target completion, and other skills which are highly appreciated in the corporate world. Below given are some points about the future scope of this course.
- MMS Finance graduates can opt for PGDM in Management or MBA courses as having a MBA job will provide them a handsome amount of salary.
- They can also opt for certificate courses in related fields of business like Banking, Stock Market, Accounting, Computer Applications, etc. The duration of the course is around 6 months to 1 year maximum, graduates can pursue either full time or part time, as per their convenience.
- MMS Finance graduates can also opt for PhD courses and work as an assistant professor or teacher in college/university.
- There are various job opportunities globally for MMS graduates, they can move abroad and work in the field of Operational Management, Human Resource Management and Marketing Management etc.
- MMS graduates can also prepare for competitive civil exams, clearing such exams require a lot of dedication and hardwork. Qualifying such exam will give candidates a government job with a decent salary package.
MMS Finance, FAQs
Ques. Is there any reservation for SC/ST/OBC Candidates in MMS Finance?
Ans. Yes, the SC/ST/OBC candidates should secure a minimum of 40% marks or higher in their Graduation level of study.
Ques. What is the average fee in the Private Colleges of India for MMS Finance?
Ans. The average course fee in the Private Colleges of India for MMS Finance is INR 2.75 Lakhs.
Ques. What is the average fee in the Public Colleges of India for MMS Finance?
Ans. The average course fee in the Public Colleges of India for MMS Finance is INR 2.50 Lakhs.
Ques. Which types of Jobs have the higher CTC after completing MMS Finance?
Ans. After completing MMS Finance you can work as Investment Banker, Portfolio Manager, and Management Consultant. These designations have comparatively higher CTC.
Ques. Which is better M.Sc Finance or MMS Finance?
Ans. Both the courses are equally important, having little difference between them. But M.Sc Finance has hardly any good scope in India. Moreover, it is very difficult to find a college for the course. On the other hand, MMS Finance has ample scopes in India and has various colleges to provide the course.
Ques. Can I opt for a Part time course for MMS Finance?
Ans. Yes, you can do MMS Finance as Part time also.
Ques. How good MMS Finance is?
Ans. MMS Finance is a good and fashionable pick for both your academic career and professional career. Right now, it has ample scopes in India and has high pay. It explores the different fields of management like Operations, Marketing and Human Resource etc.
Ques. What is the difference between MMS Finance and MBA?
Ans. There is no such difference between both the subjects. They are almost similar. Predominantly, the colleges in Maharashtra offer MMS degree instead of MBA.
Ques. Which degree is more helpful to get a job MBA or MMS Finance?
Ans. There is hardly any difference between both the programmes, but regarding work experience MBA is slightly tougher. It requires work experience of 4 to 6 years to get a perfect job whereas MMS Finance requires max 2 years work experience to start your fully fledged career.
Ques. What is the average course fee for MMS Finance?
Ans. The average course fee for MMS Finance can range between 6 to 7 Lakhs.