MBA in Bioinformatics: Overview
MBA in bioinformatics is a two year postgraduate course program conducted by universities to secure better understanding of bioinformatics i.e.
- Classificating, and
- Deciphering the biological data by combining the usage of computer science to ascertain data interpretation in the field of genomes and molecular genetics.
This field is related to better comprehension of biological information, an extended branch of science through computer application and management.MBA in bioinformatics is an extremely beneficial field and offers excellent career opportunities in the management and administration sector as well.
|Alert: IIM Lucknow MBA Admission 2021: List of Shortlisted Candidates Released; Check Details Here|
Students who wish to enroll in this program are taught the basics regarding management while actively pursuing computer application and software to interpret information of biological background.
MBA in Bioinformatics Admission Process 2021
Candidates who wish to enroll and study this program are required to have a bachelor's or an undergraduate degree in any related discipline, preferably statistics, mathematics, computer application or management, with a minimum score of 50-60% in the exam to get admission.
|Alert: Burdwan University Result 2020: Check BA, BSc, MBA, M.Sc Results|
The course also needs students to qualify for certain common entrance tests such as CAT, CMAT, MAH CET to secure admission in colleges and universities.
MBA in Bioinformatics Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in any related discipline preferably statistics, mathematics, biological sciences, computer application with a minimum score of 50-60%
- Candidates should also qualify the common entrance test such as CAT, CMAT or MAH CET to secure a seat in colleges of their choice.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC are provided with the 5% relaxation in the course program as a mandatory process.
MBA in Bioinformatics Entrance Exams 2021
|Name of the entrance test||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|CAT||July, 2021||November, 2021|
|CMAT||January 22, 2021||February 22 & 27, 2021|
|MAHCET||May, 2021||January, 2021|
MBA In Bioinformatics: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Candidates are required to have a through understanding of the concepts, hence revision of course books and syllabus is to be practiced with precision
- Candidates can also opt for youtube tutorials and mock test series to study and practice the prescribed format.
- Candidates can also practice by making a time table and giving time to complex topics and lessons for a better understanding
MBA In Bioinformatics: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
|Alert: CMAT 2021 registration portal is open till January 22. Know More About CMAT 2021|
- Candidates should make a meticulous time table to impart equal attention to all important topics for the related entrance exam.
- Candidates are also advised to make use of youtube tutorials and mock test series to score better in the entrance exam
- Candidates are also advised to practice previous years question papers to get better grades and seek admission in the college of their choice and preference.
MBA in Bioinformatics: What is it All About?
MBA in Bioinformatics allows the students to learn the application of computerized knowledge in gathering and classification of biological molecular genetics and genomes information for further processing and research analysis.
- The candidates actively learn how beneficial the storage of this sensitive information can lead to conducting of major research and development in the field of biology which can also provide breakthrough information on human diseases and possible cures and vaccines for future predicaments.
- The candidates also are taught to combine their interpretation skills with the current computer technology to assimilate the elements of both the streams to reach possible results.
- Candidates also learn the languages of computer applications such as JAVA and any technical language concerned with the field to assist and aid the program into storage of information with ease and safety for future references.
- The course also includes extensive laboratory experimentation to further enhance the individuals’ skills in the field of biological information and documentation.
- Candidates after completing this program are well versed with all the necessary knowledge of bioinformatics in regards to collection, interpretation and storage using computer application and can earn exciting monetary benefits by working as marketing strategist and analyst, biomedical officers, or analysts, techno commercial executives and supervisors, teachers and research associates.
MBA in Bioinformatics: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Full Form||Master of business administration in bioinformatics|
|Examination type||Offline and semester based|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree in any related discipline with 50-60% score|
|Admission process||A bachelor's degree in related categories + CET|
|Course fee||INR 5-15 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 3-14 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting Agencies||
MBA in Bioinformatics Course Advantages
MBA in bioinformatics is an extremely crucial and beneficial field that offers the combined advantage of two sectors i.e computer application and Management. Hence, a student is successful, able to climb the hierarchical ladder of success and is able to establish a stable career in this industry.
- Candidates can successfully work as techno commercial executives in major pharmaceutical and medical companies to earn incentives and rewards.
- Candidates can also venture as biomedical officers and provide aid and assistance in interpretation of biological terminologies and data.
- Candidates can also seek employment in marketing and sales as analysts and strategists to promote Medical products and solutions
- Individuals can also work as biomedical informatics trainers to provide practical knowledge of collection and classification functions and assist young interns in familiarization of various processes of bioinformatics.
- Candidates can also work as teachers and professors with leading educational institutions to teach and impart guidance and knowledge to other students.
- Individuals can also work in their own entrepreneurial projects such as opening their own institution or laboratory to ascertain personal work environment and assignments.
- Candidates can also work as research associates and consultants with the companies of pharmaceutical background to conduct research on genetic changes and transitions to develop cures and vaccines in accordance to human physiology and Anatomy.
- Candidates and individuals can also work as clinical research experts and consultants to perform research and experimentation in drug interpretation and interaction.
- Individuals can also work as medico marketing experts to conduct survey work and promotion of Medical drugs and medicines for sale and purchase.
Also, Check Why MBA?
MBA in Bioinformatics: Course Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Introduction to Life Sciences and Biotechnology & Introduction to Bioinformatics||Consumer Behavior in Pharmaceuticals, Biochemistry. Physiology and Anatomy, New Product launch and Brand Building in Pharmaceuticals, Disease Management Advertising in Pharmaceuticals & Auditing Pharmaceutical Markets|
|Epidemiology and Biostatistics Retail Management. Introduction to Retailing & Indian Retailing||Computational Biology. Concepts in Computing and Programming, Introduction to Database Management System, Structural Bioinformatics, Numerical methods & energy optimization techniques 6. Molecular Biology|
|Marketing Management, Principles of Management Business Statistics, Organizational Behavior||Fundamentals of production planning and control for biotechnology, HR Management in hi-tech environment intellectual Property Right & Technology Transfer Biotechnology Plant Management and Safety & Hazard management Product and brand management. Production management|
|Pharmaceutical Industry Management Introduction to Pharma Business Environment Pharmacology biotechnology||Taxation, Six Sigma Quality in Outsourcing, Back Office Processing . E-Customer Relationship Management ,Telemarketing KPO Research & Analysis|
|Introduction to BPO/KPO & Business Process Management Business Environment Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Introduction to Logistics||Economics of Sea Transport, Port Planning & Finance Management, Services Marketing,. Liner Trade & Multi Modal Transport, Global Trade & Practices, Regulation & Documentation|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Hospital Management, Management of National Health Programs, Health Policy and Administration, Organization and Administration of Clinical Services, Materials Management, R&D Management and Knowledge Process||EXIM, International financial markets and investment banking, International Logistics and Supply Chain Management, International Law. Global Project Management , Formulating & Implementing Strategies for Multinational Corporations, Final Project|
|Bioinformatics- Cost & Management Accounting, Legal Aspects of Business,. Production Management, Research Methodology Application and methodology of Biotechnology||Hospital Management, International Business, Applied Epidemiology, Hospital Planning, Final Project|
|Biotechnology- cost & Management Accounting Legal Aspects of Business, Production Management, Research Methodology, Principal concept of life insurance||Bioinformatics- International Business, Perl Programming, Molecular Modeling and Drug Design, JAVA Basics, Bio Markup Languages, Visual Programming Concept and Web Programming, Final Project|
|Pharmaceutical Industry Management. Cost & Management Accounting, legal Aspects of Business, Production Management, Research Methodology, strategic issues in Pharmaceutical Marketing, Sales Management.||Biotechnology - International Business. Simulation And Optimization In Biotechnology R & D Management, Innovation And Knowledge Management 5. Emerging Trends In Biotechnology , Project Management , Final Project|
Also, Check MBA from IIMS
MBA in Bioinformatics:College Comparison
|Parameters||DY Patil University Navi Mumbai||Global Business School and Research Centre|
|Overview||DY Patil University offers extensive and intrinsic curriculum along with internships and placement opportunities||Global Business School and research centre is more management oriented and offers excellent scope for students who wish to have knowledge of business and management through internships and highly paid job offers.|
|Average fees||INR 1,65,000||INR 1,65,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2-8 Lakhs||INR 2-9 Lakhs|
|Average Placement Offer||INR 2-7 Lakhs||INR 2-7 Lakhs|
MBA in Bioinformatics: Recommended Books
|Name of the book||Name of the Author|
|The Ten Most Wanted Solutions in Protein Bioinformatics||Anna Tramontano|
|Bioinformatics Basics||Hooman Rashidi, Lukas K. Buehler|
|Structural Bioinformatics||Graham kemp and Per-Georg holm|
|Bioinformatics and Protein Database||Concepts by IIT Bombay.|
|Bioinformatics: Genes, Proteins and Computers||C.A. Orengo, D. T. Jones, J. M. Thornton, D. T. Jones|
Also, Check CAT Mock Tests
MBA in Bioinformatics: Jobs, Salary 2021
|Name of the Job||Description of the Job||Average Salary|
|Bioinformatics specialist||Bioinformatics specialist are Individuals engaged with computerized collection, classification and interpretation of biological data to reach a conclusion and accuracy in results in regards to genetic and genomics transition and changes||INR 5-9 lakhs|
|Bioinformatics analysts||Bioinformatics analysts are individuals who study or perform experimentation on various aspects of genetic and genomic changes to prepare algorithms and databases to actively pursue research and procedural assistance to other people.||INR 3-9 lakhs|
|Quality assurance managers||Such individuals are responsible for making quality and hygiene checks on medical products and solutions and oversee the manufacturing work to ensure quality standards of output||INR 5-8 lakhs|
|Manufacturing manager||Manufacturing managers are administration leaders who are in charge of carrying the manufacturing duties including collection of raw material and resources to factory output and distribution, budgeting and planning.||INR 7-10 lakhs|
|Senior sales executive (Bioinformatics)||Sales executives are individuals who promote pharmaceutical products and services for sale and purchase to other outlets of medicine and Medicare solutions||INR 3-7 lakhs|
|Teachers/research associates||Such individuals are engaged in pursuing research work in the field of bioinformatics to provide essential spotlight on key issues of the bioinformatics field and also teach students about the essentials of this subject and related matter||INR 5-9 lakhs|
MBA in Bioinformatics: Future Scope and Career Possibilities
This program successfully amalgamates the administration skills with the expertise of biologically induced research and computer application, therefore the integration of three important subjects into one course program offers many extensive career experiences and opportunities in any field that deals with the above subject matter and also delivers decent monetary benefits.
- Candidates can always pursue higher learning in the field of bioinformatics to become successful teachers and lecturers in secure designated positions in colleges of India and abroad.
- Candidates can venture into the field of sales and marketing to ensure jobs as sales executives and supervisors in Medicare institutes and pharmaceutical companies to promote sale and purchase of such product and service to boost the sales volume and increase earnings and revenues
- Candidates can also work on their entrepreneurial projects such as opening their own laboratory or bioinformatics center to work on individual projects and assignments or research work.
- Candidates can also work as Bioinformatics trainers to provide guidance and assistance to interns and colleagues in pursuit of correct procedural methods of this field.
- Candidates can also become bioinformatics analysts and experts to conduct research work on genetic interpretation and developing databases for others to access and seek counsel with their issues and blocks.
- Candidates can also work in administration as managers and officers to oversee factory administration or lab administration duties and responsibilities.
- Individuals can also seek employment with prestigious hospitals and health care institutions as techno commercial executives and provide assistance for the same.
Also, Check PhD after MBA
MBA in Bioinformatics FAQs
Ques. What is bioinformatics?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree?
Ques. What is the scope of this degree abroad?
Ques. What is the eligibility of this degree?
Ques. What are the types of entrance tests that are needed to be qualified in order to pursue an MBA in Bioinformatics?
Ques. What is a manufacturing officer in bioinformatics?
Ques. What is the average fee for this course program?
Ques. What is the average salary earned by a Bioinformatics Graduate?
Ques. What are the benefits of this degree?
Ques. Can I pursue Higher learning with this degree?