What is MBA Corporate?
MBA Corporate is a 2-year postgraduate Corporate Management course spread over four semesters. It’s a research program that includes management, knowledge, and business nitty-gritty to keep up with corporate hurdles.
The completion of this course will help students to make a career in Human Resource Manager, Brand Manager, Entrepreneur, Management Consultant, Marketing Manager, Equity Research Analyst, Recruitment Manager, Administrative Officer, Human Resource, Project Manager, HR Generalist Business Partner, Zonal Business Manager, Finance Manager, Administrative Officer, and Marketing Manager.
To apply to this course the candidates should fulfill the minimum eligibility, i.e., Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The admissions are usually based on the national level entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, IBSAT, etc.
Go through the list of Top MBA Entrance Exams.
Some of the top colleges that offer Master of Business Administration (Corporate) are: There are various institutes that offer this course. The average course fees range from INR 2 - 7 LPA.
|Outlook Ranking 2021||Name of the Institute||Admission Process||Average Annual Tuition Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|3||Management Development Institute||CAT||INR 2,358,000||INR 22.5 LPA|
|6||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management SIBM||SNAP||INR 960,000||INR 23.59 LPA|
|22||Lovely Professional University (LPU)||Merit + Entrance Exam Based||INR 232,000||INR 15.2 LPA|
|26||Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)||CAT||INR 1,200,000||INR 18 LPA|
|-||International Institute of Management Sciences (IIMS)||Kolkata||INR 2.02 LPA||INR 2.4 LPA|
After completion of the course, the graduates can work for both the government and private sector companies.
The starting salary the graduates can expect is around INR 2-17 LPA. The graduates can also pursue higher studies like a PhD in Business Management or any other equivalent field.
See more: Top MBA Corporate Colleges in India
What is the MBA Corporate Admission Process?
Most of the colleges providing MBA Corporate programs follow an entrance-based admission process. The Admission Process is done in the following steps
- Step 1: Applications for the entrance exam: The student is required to choose the colleges in which he/she wants to apply and check which entrance exams they are holding, and then apply for those entrance exams accordingly. It is recommended to offer CAT since almost all colleges accept CAT scores.
- Stage 2: Declaration of Results and Cutoffs: The lead agency will release the results of the candidates. After the results have been announced, the individual colleges will announce the cut-off marks for entry.
- Step 3: Shortlisting Process: The candidates qualifying for the cutoffs will be called by the colleges for further steps of the selection process.
- Step 4: Final Admission Round: Colleges conduct further rounds of WAT, GD, and PI to test a candidate’s expertise and skills.
The candidates who qualify in all the above-given rounds are admitted to the course.
What are the MBA Corporate Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility standards for admission in MBA corporate is below:
- The program requires a bachelor’s qualification in any discipline with a total aggregate of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA (a relaxation of 5% is granted to SC/ST candidates) from any recognized university/college/institute.
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations are also eligible to apply, but their admission will be considered if they obtain a minimum of 50% marks (relaxation of 5% is granted to SC/ST candidates) in their Bachelor's degree.
- Candidates who are required to pass nationalized entrance exams like CAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT or other equivalent entrance examinations are eligible to apply for the MBA Corporate program.
|MBA/PGDM IN DELHI-NCR||MBA/PGDM IN MAHARASHTRA||MBA/PGDM IN CHENNAI||MBA/PGDM IN UTTAR PRADESH||MBA/PGDM IN TELANGANA|
Which are the Top MBA Corporate Entrance Exams?
A list of some Nationalized MBA Corporate Entrance Exams are as follows:
- CAT: The IIMs conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT). Exam Fee: INR 2,000
- XAT: The Xavier School of Management conducts the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). The exam evaluates Quantitative Ability, English and Logical Reasoning, and decision making. Examination Fee: INR 1,700
- GMAT: The GMAC conducts the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT). The question paper consists of 4 sections. Two sections have a half-hour, and thus the other 2 sections have 75 minutes. The entire duration is 3 hours and half-hour. The exam assesses Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Reasoning. Examination Fee: INR 15,000 to INR 16,000
- CMAT: The AICTE conducts the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT). The exam duration is 3 hours. It consists of 100 Multiple choice questions. Examination Fee: INR 1,400 for General, INR 700 for Female and Reserved candidates.
- MAT: The All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts the Management Aptitude Test (MAT). Examination Fee: INR 1,550
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Date of Application||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CAT||IIMs (IIM Indore for 2020)||August 5 to September 16, 2020||November 29, 2020||Computer-based but not online|
|XAT||XLRI||August 23 to November 30, 2020||January 2021 (tentative)||Online Exam|
|GMAT||GMAC||Throughout the Year||Multiple Exam Dates||Computer-Based|
|CMAT||NTA||November 2020 (tentative)||January 2021 (tentative)||Online Exam|
|MAT||AIMA||July 14 to August 23, 2020||August 27 to September 2, 2020||Online Exam|
How to Prepare for MBA Corporate Entrance Exams?
To prepare for entrance exams, the candidate needs to get the essential information regarding the exams from a legitimate source, such as a website connected with learning, and education and Understand the guidelines and pattern of the exams.
- The students should be well prepared for the questions involving the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section of these exams, as most students face problems in this section of the paper.
- Students should be aware of the day-to-day happenings around the globe and take down notes daily to improve their language and comprehension. Most students read The Hindu to prepare for nationalized examinations.
- The students must take mock tests regularly so that you have enough time to revise and retry and get better and better at solving all types of questions, till you appear for the actual examination.
- Nothing can beat sheer hard work and determination. Solving the previous year's question papers could be of great help.
Read more on CAT Question Pattern, Important Tips, Marking Scheme.
How to Get Admission to a Good MBA Corporate College?
MBA admissions encompass two steps, both have significantly different specifications- The entrance examination and the GD/PI process.
- Since most colleges need students to apply for one of the management entrance exams, you need to score a good percentile in entrances such as CAT, MAT, or CMAT, among other exams.
- Other than the marks received, the GD/PI phase is where the rest of your profile plays a part.
- Work on public speaking and building self-confidence, trust is the key to group conversation.
- Keep an eye on the important dates of entrance exams and register for the exams on time.
MBA Corporate: What is it About?
The Master of Business Administration corporate curriculum educates students on the foundations of operating a corporate endowment.
- It teaches students to make important organizational arrangements and judgments and educate them in making strategies so that institution accomplishes its business objectives.
- The course aims at teaching students the overall management operations, policies, strategies as well as essentials of corporate governance and laws.
- For a better understanding and grasp of the real-world problems in the corporate environment, students are encouraged to engage in internship programs, conduct case studies, work on industrial research projects, etc. in the course duration.
- The skills and techniques learned in this program can be implemented at an intermediate level or advanced level management of the corporate sector.
MBA Corporate: Highlights
MBA Corporate is a highly opted course in the management sphere. The basic information about the course has been mentioned in detail in the table below:
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration (Corporate)|
|Level of Study||Postgraduate|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree in Engineering|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam + Personal Interview|
|Course Fee||INR 2 Lac/s to 17 Lac/s|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 4 Lac/s to 15 Lac/s|
|Job Options||Human Resource Manager, Brand Manager, Entrepreneur, Management Consultant, Marketing Manager, Equity Research Analyst, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Banks, collegiate institutes, Brand and Retailing, Public Works, Individual Business, Tourism Sector, Industrial Houses, Multinational Companies, Financial Organizations and Business deliberations.|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Apple, Bain & Company, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, Accenture, etc.|
Course Comparison: MBA Corporate and PGDM
MBA Corporate and PGDM are similar but some of the difference are noted below:
|Overview||MBA Corporate is a 2-year postgraduate Corporate Management course spread over four semesters. It’s a research program that includes management, knowledge, and business nitty-gritty to keep up with corporate hurdles. The completion of this course will help students to make a career in Human Resource Manager, Brand Manager, Entrepreneur, Management Consultant, Marketing Manager, Equity Research Analyst, Recruitment Manager, etc.||It is a post-graduate diploma course for working specialists. It does not have any specific time-period and differs in the different institutes. It focuses more on practical knowledge and less theoretical knowledge.|
|Institute Type||Colleges affiliated to a university offer an MBA course.||Autonomous institutes like IIMs, XLRI, SIBM, etc. offer PGDM courses. They are approved by AICTE.|
|Objective||An MBA in Corporate will provide aspirants with the skills and abilities required to manage both the Company and the employees.||Students receive hands-on practical knowledge to adapt to the corporate world, the course does not give much emphasis on theoretical learning.|
|Curriculum||The syllabus more or less remains the same with minor differences in different universities.||The syllabus is quite flexible, the colleges can introduce subjects of their choice.|
|Fees||INR 2-17 LPA||INR 10-30 LPA|
Why Study MBA Corporate?
MBA Corporate course will help you improve the skills essential to keep a business prosperous.
- An MBA in Corporate program requires noteworthy financial expense but completion of this course offers lucrative job possibilities.
- The skills you develop during the MBA Corporate course will help you to acclimate to the inevitable and frequent change of trends in the industries.
- The heterogeneity of the MBA Corporate program specialization is of great support for those planning for a switch of career.
- The MBA Corporate course will help you become a successful entrepreneur and give you the skills needed to start your own company from scratch.
Which Are the Top MBA Corporate Colleges?
A list of some of the top colleges that offer MBA Corporate courses are given below.
|NIRF Ranking||Name of the Institute||Average Annual Tuition Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|10||Management Development Institute||INR 2,358,000||INR 22.5 LPA|
|22||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||INR 960,000||INR 23.59 LPA|
|46||Birla Institute of Management Technology||INR 1,200,000||INR 18 LPA|
|47||Alagappa University||INR 13,500||INR 1.2 LPA|
|49||Lovely Professional University||INR 3.04 LPA||INR 15.2 LPA|
|51||Chandigarh University||INR 180,000||INR 17 LPA|
|76||Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||INR 1,167,000||INR 8.7 LPA|
|151||JSS Science and Technology University JSSSTU||-||INR 8.5 LPA|
|-||GEMS B School||INR 4.2 LPA||INR 3.2 LPA|
|-||International Institute of Management Sciences (IIMS)||INR 2.02 LPA||INR 2.4 LPA|
MBA Corporate: College Comparison
The difference between the top three colleges offering MBA Corporate is mentioned below. The comparison is made on the basis of ranking, course fees, salary, and top recruiters.
|Top Colleges||Management Development Institute||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||Birla Institute of Management Technology|
|Overview||It is known to be the best college for MBA Corporate. It offers various courses other than engineering like MSc and Engineering. Admissions are quite competitive for all the courses.||Symbiosis Institute of Business is known among the top colleges for MBA Corporate. Their faculty is the best faculty and mostly consists of Ph.D. holders.||It is among the top-ranked MBA Institutes. They offer various specializations in the field of Management, Science, and Design.|
|NIRF Ranking 2021||10||22||46|
|Average Annual Tuition Fees||INR 2,358,000||INR 960,000||INR 1,200,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 22.5 LPA||INR 23.59 LPA||INR 18 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||FMCG stalwarts like Nestlé and Tata Consumer Products Ltd. Top FMCG companies such as Asian Paints, Coca-Cola, ITC Ltd., L'Oréal, Marico and Mars. Airtel and Godrej Industries Ltd.||Abbott, Accenture, Adani, Aditya Birla, Aviva, Diageo, Godrej, Mahindra, etc.||Amazon, KPMG, Gartner, Infosys, Accenture, Maruti Suzuki, Marsh, HCL, HDFC Bank|
What are the MBA Corporate Syllabus?
The syllabus may differ in various colleges and universities, but the subjects that are covered during the course are usually similar.
A list of the various topics covered by universities is mentioned below:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Management and Behavioral Process||Communication and Technical Writing|
|Managerial Economics||Human Resource Management|
|Business Environment and Legislation||Financial Management|
|Financial and Cost Accounting||Production and Operations Management|
|Information Technology for Managers||Marketing Management|
|Quantitative Methods for Management||Business Research Methods|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Strategic Management||Entrepreneurship International Business|
|Business Ethics||Human Resources Management|
|Banking and Finance||Health Care Services|
|Information Technology||Project Report-Project (Viva-voce)|
What are the MBA Corporate Job Profile?
After completion of the course, the candidates can get jobs in both the private and government sectors:
- They often get jobs in the Banks, Educational Institutes, Brand and Marketing, Public Works, Personal Business, Tourism Industry, Industrial Houses, Multinational Companies, Financial Organizations, and Business Consultancies.
- Some of the prime recruiters for such graduates are Abbott, Accenture, Adani, Aditya Birla, Aviva, Diageo, Godrej, Mahindra, Amazon, KPMG, Gartner, Infosys, Accenture, Maruti Suzuki, Marsh, HCL, HDFC Bank, etc.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Project Manager||A project Manager Plans, Estimates, and looks after all the aspects of a distinct project. They work with the upper administration authorizations to make sure that the scope and direction of every project are on schedule and also work with other departments for assistance.||INR 7 - 8 LPA|
|Equity Research Analyst||An Equity Research Analyst probes financial data and public records of companies and uses this research to find out the worth of the company's stock and makes predictions of the company's future financial picture.||INR 3 - 4 LPA|
|Management Consultant||A Management Consultant’s pivotal roles involve solving issues, creating value, improving business performance, and maximizing growth. They give aid and help an organization to develop any skill set it might be lacking.||INR 9 - 10 LPA|
|Brand Manager||A Brand Manager plans to administer and put direct marketing efforts to surge the value and performance of a brand, service, or product. They try to enhance profits and abbreviate the loss of the brand, and also genuinely and enthusiastically look for possibilities to promote brand image and positioning as compared to the opponents in the market.||INR 9 - 10 LPA|
What is the MBA Corporate Future Scope?
After the completion of the MBA Corporate course, the candidates will have numerous higher studies options. The following courses/certificates can help you improve your employment trajectory and also increase your earnings.
- PhD Business Management: The course is aimed at providing scholars the abilities needed to examine various concerns in their area of study. It is a research-based doctorate program.
- ISB Certificate Programme in Business Analytics (CBA): The curriculum is to provide the skills essential for scholars to examine prior business execution to perform future business outlining.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA): This certification is granted by the institute of internal auditors (IIA). The certification assists scholars to become a commissioned consultant to the inspection committee and direct management.
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM): The APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) is also a globally renowned certification. It performs an out-and-out acquaintance of the production strategy and inventory management of a corporation in the international operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP): Project Management Institute (PMI) is a non-profit organization in the realm of project management. PMP certification is internationally approved. Companies hire on areas of the employees' dedication to the project management arenas.
MBA Corporate: FAQs
Ques. Is a Commerce background useful for an MBA?
Ques. Is a BBA degree required to pursue MBA Corporate?
Ques. How to effectively prepare for the national level MBA Corporate examinations?
Ques. What is the scope for a fresher in MBA Corporate who has no experience in the field of BBA and is not from a commerce background?
Ques. What is the salary for an MBA graduate who completed a course in MBA Corporate in Hyderabad?
Ques. Is it possible to earn 25-30 LPA by pursuing a career after completing MBA Corporate?
Ques. Is an MBA worth the money?
Ques. Is an MBA Corporate after engineering a good option?
Ques. After completing BTech in Computer Science and Engineering, will an MBA in Digital Marketing be better for me?
Ques. Is MBA Corporate the best course in the industry?