MBA E Business helps the students in understanding the key concepts of E-business, like development of intranets/extranets, database management, website designing etc. It is a 2-year PG course which provides students the requisite skills to apply these concepts in the real world.
MBA E Business course fees may vary from universities to universities or colleges based on their standards. The average course fee structure ranges from INR INR 5,000 to INR 5, 00,000 per annum.MBA E Business aspirants must have received at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in the bachelor’s degree course. The admission in the MBA E Business course generally happens over the score of MAT/CAT/XAT/GMAT etc.
MBA E Business Top Colleges with Fees
|College Name||Admission Fees|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 1,89,000|
|Jain University||INR 3,88,000|
|Xavier Institute of Management||INR 11,00,000|
|ICFAI Business School||INR 7.02,000|
|Kumaun University||INR 42,500|
|Also Check top colleges offering MBA E Business course in india with ranking, course fees, entrance exam|
After completing the MBA E Business degree program, people work at posts like E-Business Consultant, Database Administrator, Supply Chain Manager, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Customer Relation Manager; etc. The usual employers to the holders of MBA E Business degree programs are Online Shopping Websites; E-Business Solutions Companies; Software Solution Firms; Web-Hosting Companies; etc.
MBA average annual salary package varies from specialized field one is working. The average salary for MBA graduates ranges from INR 3, 00,000 to INR 12, 00,000 per annum. Skills and experience gained by the students in the industry will also be a factor for high pay. MBA courses offer high opportunity and rewarding careers.
The post graduates of MBA E Business can also enhance their educational qualification and avail promotions. The postgraduates can also opt for further higher studies like M.Phil. and Ph.D. in the relevant field after successful completion of MBA E Business course.
MBA E Business Admission Process?
The steps for admission to the MBA E Business degree program have been listed below. Please note that the exact admission process can differ from the one specified below.
- Step 1: Register & Apply for MBA Entrance Exam: One of the most important exams for MBA courses is CAT. You can register for the CAT entrance exam on the official website iimcat.in. For other entrance exams like NMAT, XAT, CMAT, and SNAP, you will have to register separately.
- Step 2: Appear in MBA Entrance Exam: Appear for the respective entrance and then wait for the result.
- Step 3: Short listing Process: The short listing will be done on the basis of the number of students who gave the exams and the number of seats available. Cut-off for all the colleges will be announced.
- Step 4: Final Admission Process: GD-PI-WAT Round: In this round Group Discussion, Personal Interview and the Written Ability Test takes place and both of them have different weightage.
Also check MBA Admission Process 2021
MBA E Business Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to pursue MBA E Business must fulfil the below listed criteria:
- The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian or foreign university.
- A minimum overall aggregate score of 50% must be scored by the candidates in bachelor’s degree including languages and overall educational history.
- Aspirants must have qualified the respective entrances tests of colleges.
MBA E Business Entrance Exams Details
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Mode of Exam|
|CAT||Indian Institute of Management||November 29, 2020||Online|
|MAT||All India Management Association||November 21,2020||PBT|
|XAT||Xavier School of Management||January 3, 2021||Online|
|CMAT||National Testing Agency||January 24, 2021||Online|
The aspirants of MBA E Business have to prepare for a series of gruelling examinations to prove their credentials and gain admission into the top MBA colleges and universities in the nation by dint of merit:
- CAT: Common Aptitude Test or CAT is a computer based test that is accepted in colleges such as IIMs, IITs, among others for admission into MBA courses.
- MAT: Management Aptitude Test is accepted by the colleges such as VIT Business School, Christ University etc. and is conducted four times in a year in an online or offline mode.
- XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission in its various management courses.
- CMAT: CMAT is conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]; the CMAT exam is widely accepted as a qualifying exam by a large number of government-sponsored management and business institutes in India.
- NMAT: The full form of NMAT is NMIMS Management Aptitude Test. NMAT is a national level examination that opens the doors for admission into one of the best Universities i.eNMIMS.
MBA E Business Entrance Exams Preparation Tips?
Candidates need at least six months to prepare for MBA E Business entrance exams like MAT, CAT, and CMAT etc. to score well. For a fruitful preparation for the entrance exams, the students should focus on improving their problem solving skills with the help of previous years’ question papers and online mock tests, etc. The entrance exams preparation strategy should be well planned and according to the exam pattern and syllabus.
Below are some tips for the students to prepare for the entrance exams:
- The Aspirants should know the full syllabus of the entrance exam that you are planning to give. Mainly, there are three sections in almost all the entrance exams, which are, Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude/ Reasoning.
- Read best books for the entrance exams preparation, magazines, newspapers and online blogs on a daily basis to improve your reading skills, understanding skills as well as for keeping track of current affairs of national and international level.
- Practice previous years’ question papers, sample papers, and online mock test papers to improve the speed and accuracy as well as to develop familiarity with the test pattern
- Regularly analyse your preparation level to cross-check your strengths and weaknesses in each section from the syllabus of the MBA E Business entrance test.
- Target those topics which carry more weightage in each section of the exam to score best marks easily in the exam.
- Time management is the key to attempting maximum questions in any exam i.e. don’t waste your time on tricky questions and try to solve each question involved in the exam within a few seconds.
MBA E Business Admission Tips?
All the students want to take admission in the top colleges and universities, so here are some of the important points that all the students should keep in mind while applying for a top college/ university:
- Your score and GPA need to be exceptionally good, an application with GPA above 4 will be given good consideration at top colleges and universities. Just getting admission in a top college isn’t enough; performing best should be the main motive of the students.
- The admissions officers of MBA E Business degree program take into account involvement of candidates in the activities surrounding the classroom whether it is sports, theatre, Olympiads, contests and other activities, these activities show growth patterns of your personality. A student involved in all activities around the classroom is what top universities and colleges look for.
- You will have to seriously prepare for MBA E Business entrance exams, take at least two months to prepare for the exams conducted for MBA course, you may have to shortlist your colleges based on your entrance exams scores, and top colleges accept only high scores.
- You need to come up with a very convincing piece of the essay that makes a favourable impression on the admission officer.
- You need to prepare yourself for the interview and group discussion rounds, as it will be your first major interview so prepare accordingly. Interviews are not that much difficult to clear at all if you have the right attitude and confidence.
Checkout: Top Ranked MBA Colleges in India
MBA E Business: What is it about?
A brief introduction about the course MBA E Business has been presented below to provide the students with an idea of what the subject deals with:
- MBA E Business course aims to help the students in understanding and learning the basic concepts of creating new E-business activities as well as transforming existing models to E-business ones.
- MBA E Business provides students requisite skills to apply these concepts in real world so as to increase the output and efficiency of the related processes.
- This course allows students to develop analytical skills as well as predict changing trends in the area of online business.
- It provides students with the very fundamental knowledge required, of business practices including marketing, customer relations, formulating business strategies, management, finance, and many more.
- Students will get to learn about how to paraphrase all of these business skills into the online environment and will master courses on database management, information security, IT, Web design, and even supply chain management.
- At the end of the course, candidates are supposed to have an understanding of the impact which e-business is having on society and markets commerce.
- Students will also become aware of the global nature of e-commerce and how traditional means of doing business needs to change in the electronic age.
Read more: Jobs after MBA course
MBA E Business: Course Highlights
|Course||MBA E Business|
|Full form||Master of Business Administration in E-Business|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam followed by personal interview/ Direct Admission|
|Average tuition fee||INR 5,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Job Positions||Customer Relation Manager, Health Services Manager, Business Analyst, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Database Administrator, E-Business Consultant, Financial Manager, and many more.|
|Top recruiting areas||Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Retail, Tour and Travel, Oil & Gas, Hospital Management, International Business, Supply Chain, Marketing, Total Quality Management (TQM), Health Management, Human Resources etc.|
|Average salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 12,00,000|
MBA E Business Course?
MBA E Business courses are pursued by a lot of students these days. Given below are some reasons of why a student can think of pursuing MBA E Business course:
- MBA E Business provides students to interact with a lot of professionals who will be of great help in their future careers.
- After the completion of MBA E Business course the post graduates can set up an online business even by sitting at home if you have the required software, a device, and the internet.
- The subjects taught in this discipline are Management Concepts, Financial Management, E – Commerce, Global Marketing, Structured System Analysis and Design, Enterprise Resource Planning and many others.
- Every Businessman is looking for an online store as the need of the E-Commerce industry is increasing. This course helps students in better Communication between the customer and the retailer.
- The starting salary package offered to MBA E Business professionals normally range between INR 4 - 17 Lakhs.
MBA E Business vs. MBA E-Commerce: Which One to Choose?
MBA E Business and MBA E-Commerce are two different specializations of the MBA degree program. Some of the key differences between these two specializations are given below in the table.
|Course||MBA E Business||MBA E-Commerce|
|Full form||Master of Business Administration [MBA] in E-Business||Master of Business Administration [MBA] in E-Commerce|
|Level||Post graduate||Post graduate|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Overview||MBA E Business is a course that equips students with all the skills required to manage a business in an online platform.||MBA E-Commerce degree program is a gateway to entrepreneurs and other business professionals who are looking to expand their reach via the use of the Internet and the Online Marketplace.|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree||Bachelor’s degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam followed by personal interview/ Direct Admission||Merit/ Entrance Based|
|Average tuition fee||INR 5,000 to INR 5,00,000||INR 5,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Job Positions||Customer Relation Manager, Health Services Manager, Business Analyst, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Database Administrator, E-Business Consultant, Financial Manager, and many more.||Database Administrator, E-Business Consultant, Advertising and Promotion Manager and many others.|
|Average salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 12,00,000||INR 3,00,000 to 12,00,000|
MBA E Business Top Colleges with Fees, Placement Salary?
|College Name||Average Fees||Average Placement Package|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 1,89,000||INR 3,75,000|
|Jain University||INR 3,88,000||INR 7,00,000|
|Xavier Institute of Management||INR 11,00,000||INR 7,78,000|
|ICFAI Business School||INR 7.02,000||INR 7,97,000|
|Kumaun University||INR 42,500||INR 3,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Business Studies||INR 3,73,000||INR 6,20,000|
|Galgotias University School of Business||INR 1,33,003||INR 4,00,000|
|AISSM Society Institute of Management||INR 5,50,000||INR 4,50,000|
|GIBS B School||INR 5,50,000||INR 5,35,000|
MBA E Business Top Colleges Comparison
|Parameter||Lovely Professional University||Jain University||Xavier Institute of Management|
|Overview||Lovely Professional University [LPU] is located in Jalandhar, Punjab and it has a mammoth ultra-modern vast campus. LPU is one of the most prestigious universities in India devised under Punjab State Private University||Jain University, located in Bangalore, is deemed-to-be-university. Jain University has consistently ranked among the top universities and colleges in India.||Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar was established in 1987 as a result of a contract between the Odisha Jesuit Society and the Government of Odisha. It is the flagship B-School of Xavier University|
|NIRF 2020 ranking||99||101||31|
|Admission process||Interview||JET/ CAT/ KMAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ XAT||CAT/ MAT/ GMAT|
|Average Annual fees||INR 1,89,000||INR 3,88,000||INR 11,00,000|
|Average Annual package||INR 3,75,000||INR 7,00,000||INR 7,78,000|
|Top Recruiters||Practo, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Verizon, Luminous Power, VMware, etc.||Acer, Global Vision, Actis Technologies, Google, ANZ, Grant Thornton Shared Services Center India Pvt. Ltd., etc.||Capgemini, TCS, Accenture, Cognizant Business Consulting, Deloitte Consulting, Kotak Mahindra etc.|
MBA E Business Syllabus and Subjects
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2|
|Management Concepts||Financial Management|
|Marketing Management||Strategic Management|
|Human Resource Management||E - Commerce: Application and Securities|
|Financial and Management Accounting||Internet and Java Programming|
|E - Commerce||Advanced Web Development and Design Tools|
|Database Management System||Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Management Information System||Project Work and viva - voce|
|Software Project Management||Global Marketing|
|-||Structured System Analysis and Design|
Also read Types of MBA
MBA E Business Top Books
|Name of the Book||Author|
|E-Business and E-Commerce Management||Dave Chaffey|
|E-Business and E-Commerce Management||Dave Chaffey|
|Digital Business and E-Commerce Management||Dave Chaffey, Tanya Hemphill, David Edmundson-Bird|
|E-business||Parag Kulkarni, Sunita Jahirabadkar, and Pradip Chande|
MBA E Business Jobs and Career
|Job Position||Description||Average Salary|
|Database Administrator||Database Administrators are responsible to ensure that the Database of the organization functions properly and efficiently. They help in developing the new databases and also run interfaces with concerned clients.||INR 5,50,000|
|Supply Chain Manager||Supply Chain Managers are generally involved in every step of the development and distribution of the product or/and service. The supply chain managers help in accurately predicting customer needs up until the product or/and service reaches the final consumer.||INR 6,25,000|
|E-Business Consultant||E-Business Consultants are responsible for advising Web-Based firms on decisions pertaining to technical operations.||INR 4,80,000|
|Business Analyst||Responsibilities of an E-Commerce Business Analyst include conducting thorough Market Research to determine the needs of consumers and advise the firm on how to best properly fulfil them.||INR 3,50,000|
|Advertising and Promotion Manager||Advertising and Promotion Managers typically work closely with the Marketing department of the organization to develop engaging promotional material with a focus on Online Advertising and Market Research.||INR 3,20,000|
There are many job opportunities for MBA E Business post graduates. The students become eligible enough to get job opportunities in various private and public sectors in relevant sectors. The salary of the post graduates depends on various factors including experience, skills and job profile.
Also check MBA Jobs and Salary
What is the Future Scope after MBA E Business?
The scope of MBA E Business is very wide and after pursuing MBA E Business course, candidates can get so many best opportunities in many fields anywhere in the world. The scopes after this course are:
- The successful postgraduates of MBA E Business course can find employment in the areas such as Human Resources, Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Supply Chain, Retail and so on.
- The postgraduates of MBA E Business can get hired in companies like HCL, IBM, Ebay, Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Mahindra & Mahindra, HDFC Bank and many more.
- After the completion of MBA E Business course the candidates can get hired as Customer Relation Manager, Health Services Manager, Business Analyst, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Database Administrator, E-Business Consultant, Financial Manager, and many more.
- The postgraduates can also enhance their educational qualification and avail promotions.
- The postgraduates of MBA E Business course can also opt for further higher studies like M.Phil. and Ph.D. after the successful completion of MBA E Business course.
Also check MBA Placement Preparation Tips
MBA E Business: FAQs
Ques. What is the focus of MBA E Business course?
Ques. What are some of the subjects taught in MBA E Business degree programs?
Ques. What is the duration of MBA E Business course?
Ques. What is the qualification criterion for MBA E Business?
Ques. What are the best job positions available after the completion of MBA E Business course?
Ques. What is the average salary after completion of MBA E Business?
Ques. Which is the best university in India for MBA E Business?
Ques. What is the average annual fee for a MBA E Business course?
Ques. Is there any delay in the admissions of MBA E Business due to the outbreak of COVID 19?
Ques. How can I crack the entrance exam to take admission in a MBA E Business degree course?
Ques. What are the top entrance exams for an MBA E Business course?