M.Com (Masters of Commerce) in Business Administration is a two-year full-time course offered in the field of Commerce.
MCom in Business Administration is the postgraduate course which deals with the study of organizing, planning related to the business field.
The subjects generally taught under the M.Com Business Administration includes the Business Environment, General Management, Human Resource Management, etc.
Candidates in their second year need to choose the electives and the list of electives may vary for each college/university.
The Eligibility Criteria for pursuing M.Com in Business Administration is to have 50% aggregate marks in the field of B.Com or equivalent degree from a recognized College/University.
The average fees for the M.Com Business Administration course are between INR 20,000 to INR 5,00,000 depending upon the College/University.
Candidates upon completion of their post-graduate program will be able to do the job as Finance Managers, Human Resource Managers, in the Banking Sector, etc.
The average salary offered for the postgraduate in Business Administration lies anywhere between INR 3,50,000 to INR 9,00,000 per annum. The salary depends upon the company/forum and the job position acquired by the respective candidate.
Upon completion of the postgraduate, candidates can further opt for Research or PhD Course in M.Com Business Administration.
M.Com in Business Administration Course Highlights
The highlights for the M.Com in Business Administration course are tabulated below:
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Full-Form||Masters of Commerce in Business Administration|
|Eligibility||B.Com with an aggregate of 50% and equivalent marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Interview|
|Course Fees||INR 20,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,80,000 to 9,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Finance Ministry, Excise and Taxation Department, Banking and Management Sector|
|Job Positions||Business Managers, Finance Managers, Human Resource Managers, Lead Consultants|
M.Com in Business Administration Admission Process
Candidates are admitted into the M.Com in Business Administration course depending upon their scores in the CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT or the entrance exam conducted by the particular institute. The selection process is followed by combining the marks of the entrance examination and the personal Interview(if conducted) by the Institution.
Steps needed to be followed for the Admission Process are mentioned below:
- Register for the respective entrance examination conducted by the concerned statutory body. Further, upon qualifying the entrance exam, appear for the counselling process as scheduled by the concerned bodies.
- Upon getting a seat in the particular college, fill up the admission form and submit all the required documents necessary for admission.
- Pay the required course fee as per the norms and conditions of the particular Institution chosen by the candidate.
M.Com in Business Administration Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria for admission into the M.Com in Business Administration Course:
- Candidates need to have 50% aggregate marks in the Bachelors of Commerce or an equivalent CGPA from a recognized college/University.
- Candidates must have qualified and had a valid score in the entrance exams such as CAT/MAT/GMAT or any other equivalent entrance examination conducted by the particular college/university.
M.Com in Business Administration Entrance Exams
Candidates need to appear for the certain entrance exams conducted National/State/Institute level for admission into the course. Some of the popular entrance examinations conducted for admission into the M.Com in Business Administration are mentioned below:
- CAT: Common Admission Test is one of the popular entrance exams for admission into the M.Com and other Management fields. The entrance exam is conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) once in a year. The question paper contains both Multiple Choices questions and non-MCQs. The total duration of the exam is for two hours.
- GMAT: Graduate Management Admission Test is another entrance exam for the Management field. The exam includes questions from Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, etc.
- XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test is a computer-based online admission test. The questions asked in the XAT are Multiple Choice Questions. For every correct answer, one answer is awarded. There is a total of 100 questions asked in the XAT.
Top entrance exams for M.Com in Business Administration and information related are tabulated below:
|Name||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Mode of Entrance Exam|
|CAT||Indian Institute of Management(IIM)||November 2021||Online|
|GMAT||Graduate Management Admission Council||February 6-13, 2021||Online|
|XAT||Xavier School of Management||1st Week of Jan 2022||Online|
The questions asked in the Entrance exam of CAT/GMAT/XAT etc. are based on Problem-solving, logical and analytical analysis. The questions are also covered by critical thinking and reasoning sections. Candidates need to focus on the area of quantitative approach as more questions are covered from it.
How to get admission into a good M.Com in Business Administration College?
Candidates need to keep some points in mind while seeking for admission into a certain good college. Some of the pointers are highlighted below:
- Keep in mind to have all the necessary documents handy as failing to submit the documents in the given time frame, may cancel your admission.
- Prepare well for the entrance exam by keeping in mind the syllabus and exam pattern. Prepare the selective topics and don’t mug up the whole content.
- Keep a check on the previous year’s papers as they help in boosting confidence and prepare the mindset for the entrance exam.
- Solve as many model papers to get an idea of the exam pattern of the particular entrance exam.
- Be peculiar about the deadlines of admission dates, counselling dates and other factors released by the concerned institute.
M.Com in Business Administration Syllabus
The course curriculum for the entire M.Com in Business Administration course is mentioned in the table below:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Management Functions and Organizational Behaviours||Marketing Management|
|Finance Management||Operations Management|
|Business Environment||Business Management|
|Business and Corporates||Human Resource Management|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Management of Thoughts History||Human Resource Development|
|Information Technology||Finance Management|
|Managerial Economics||Investment Management|
|Industrial Law||Retailing Management|
|-||Labour Management System|
M.Com in Business Administration Top Colleges
The top colleges for M.Com in Business Administration are tabulated below along with other important information:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Sunrise University, Alwar||INR 22,200|
|Madhav University, Sirohi||INR 20,000|
|Poddar Group of Institutions, Jaipur||INR 15,000|
|University of Rajasthan, Jaipur||INR 5,440|
|Maharaj Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara||INR 16,000|
|Maheshwari College of Commerce & Arts, Rajasthan||INR 42,000|
M.Com in Business Administration College Comparison
The tabulation below depicts the comparison between top colleges for M.Com in Business Administration:
|Parameters||Sunrise University||St. Wilfred PG College|
|Objective||Focuses on learning the basics of research. Learns the basic outcomes of research and management.||Emphasizes regular assessment of the students and train them for prospects.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 22,000||INR 10,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 4,50,000||INR 5,60,000|
|Top Companies Visited||Wipro, JP Morgan, Akah JEEs Group,||Reliance Group, Birla Group, Infosys, Genpact|
M.Com in Business Administration: What it is about?
M.Com in Business Administration deals with the study of performance and management of various aspects of Business studies.
- It includes performing and managing business operations and implementing or planning to make an impactful decision.
- The course is oriented more towards learning various business skills needed to run the business and Manage Economy related to it.
- M.Com in Business Administration covers the Management and its different aspects such as Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Decision Making and Financial Management.
Why should you study M.Com in Business Administration?
M.Com in Business Administration helps candidates to achieve practical knowledge and skills to run and plan business-related aspects.
- The course enables students to handle day to day industry-related aspects and working. Students are trained to handle projects related to critical thinking introducing new methodologies in the working environment.
- Varied promotional tools are used to enhance the productivity of the work and help to handle the business aspects by a realistic approach.
- Students get to use their critical thinking, analytical skills and new evaluative skills to enhance the working methodologies both in public and as well as the private sector.
- Candidates get to enhance their communication skills and enhance their performance by developing leadership skills and prerequisite knowledge to handle the financial aspects of the Business under reputed firms.
Course comparison: M.Com in Business Administration vs Masters in Business Administration
The course differences between M.Com in Business Administration and MBA are compared in the table mentioned below:
|Parameters||M.Com in Business Administration||Masters in Business Administration|
|Duration||2 Years||2 Years|
|Focus Area||Focuses more on Financial and commercial aspect of the business-related deals and planning, structuring related to them.||It covers advanced knowledge regarding business and management related to the whole business process.|
|Eligibility Criteria||B.Com with 50% from a recognized institute.||Graduation in any stream from a recognized institute.|
|Average Course Fees||INR 20,000 to 5,00,000||INR 50,000 to 15,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,80,000 to 9,00,000||INR 6,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|Job Positions||Finance Manager, Lead Consultants, Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Database Administrator||Marketing Manager, Business Operations Manager, Investment Fund Manager, Financial Manager, Health Services Manager|
M.Com in Business Administration Job Prospects and Career Options
Candidates who have completed the post-graduation course in Business Administration have immense scope to pursue various Management and business-related fields. They are equally qualified for working in finance and business-related aspects.
Candidates can have prosperous job and income in the field of Excise and Customs duties, Finance Ministry, Business Administrative supports, Financial and Accounts Control etc. as per the area of interest of the candidates.
The various job profiles and their description along with the average annual package are mentioned in the table below:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Lead Consultant||Lead Consultants are responsible for offering consultation to the teams and their advice on the business-related projects and management.||INR 6,00,000|
|Finance Manager||Financial Managers monitor accounts, investigates to provide profitability and market for business opportunities.||INR 9,00,000|
|Business Administrator||The work includes analyzing and overseeing business operations and approving expenses and expenditure.||INR 4,00,000|
|Production Manager||Production Managers helps in analyzing and checks that the working of the production runs smoothly.||INR 7,00,000|
|Events Executive||Events Executive manages the work manages and hires to run the various events.||INR 5,00,000|
M.Com in Business Administration Future Scope
M.Com holds a great future ahead in the field of business and management-related fields. Upon completion of the course, candidates can go for Doctorate in Philosophy in the field of Business Administration and can pursue related courses such as MBA and M.Com in the related specializations.
Apart from it, various job positions are specifically made as such for the Business Administrators. The skills of business administration and especially the management skills are required both in public as well as the private sectors.
Various job positions such as Business Administrators, lead consultants, excise and taxes management, Production Manager, Events Executive etc are all covered under the M.Com in Business Administration course and holds a great future and scope ahead. Candidates get to know a clearer version of finance and business with more efficacy and skills.
M.Com Business Administration FAQs
Ques. What is the duration of M.Com in Business Administration course?
Ans. M.Com in Business Administration has in total two years which consists of four semesters designed with a separate course curriculum.
Ques. Is there any entrance exam conducted for admission into the M.Com Business Administration course?
Ans. There are many entrance examination conducted for admission into the M.Com in Business Administration courses. The names include CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT and other institutional/state/national level entrance examination.
Ques. What is the educational qualification required for admission into the M.Com in Business Administration?
Ans. Candidates need to have 50% aggregate marks in Bachelors in Commerce or equivalent CGPA from a recognized institute for admission into the M.Com in Business Administration course.
Ques. What is the admission process followed by the various institutes for admission into the M.Com in Business Administration course?
Ans. Candidates need to appear for the respective entrance exam and needs to have a valid score in it. Further, candidates need to appear for the counselling process and submit all the necessary documents in a particular college/university.
Ques. What is the average fees in Indian Colleges/Universities for pursuing M.Com in Business Administration?
Ans. The course fees vary from one institute to another. Along with it, the fee structure is different for private and government institutes. The average course fees lie between INR 20,000 to 5,00,000 for the entire course duration of two years.
Ques. What are the top colleges for M.Com in Business Administration?
Ans. Some of the best colleges for M.Com Business Administration are Sunrise University, University of Rajasthan, Madhav University etc.
Ques. What are the various Job profiles of this course?
Ans. Legal Consultant, Event Executive, Production Manager are some of the job profiles for this course.
Ques. What is the average salary package of M.Com Business Administration?
Ans. The average annual salary is INR 3,80,000 to 9,00,000.
Ques. What is the duration of M.Com Business Administration course?
Ans. M.Com in Business Administration is a two years course. The course is divided into 4 semesters.
Ques. What are the various future scopes after this course?
Ans. After completing this course students can either start work or enrol in a doctorate course.