M Com Admission 2021 is purely based on the entrance exams followed by the Counseling or Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview. A merit list is released on the basis of which students are given admissions to M.Com courses.
To be eligible for pursuing an M.Com course, a candidate must have a graduation degree in commerce stream.
As an alternative criterion, many universities and colleges accept any graduation degree with honors in economics or business/management studies for admission to M.Com course.
A handful of reputed institutions demand a minimum of 45%-50% marks in graduation degree as a qualifying criterion to secure admission in their M.Com course.
The average M.com course fees is INR 60,000 in Top MCom Colleges.
Top MCom Colleges in India: Application Deadline
|College||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Shri Ram College Of Commerce - [SRCC], New Delhi||Entrance Exam||May-June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Hindu College, New Delhi||DUET||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Hansraj College - [HRC], New Delhi||DUET||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Loyola College, Chennai||Entrance Exam and PI||June-July, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Madras Christian College - [MCC], Chennai||Merit List||End of May, 2021|
|Christ University, Bangalore||Entrance Exam||December 8- June 6, 2021 (Application Open)|
|Narsee Monjee College Of Commerce And Economics, Mumbai||Entrance Exam||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||Entrance Exam||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|K J Somaiya College Of Arts & Commerce - [KJSAC], Mumbai||Entrance Exam||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Symbiosis College Of Arts And Commerce, Pune||Entrance Exam||June, 2021 (Tentative)|
MCom Admission 2021 Last Date to Apply
|College Name||Application Status|
|SRCC||To be Notified|
|Loyola College||To be Notified|
|Chandigarh University||May 29, 2021|
|Hindu College, New Delhi||To be Notified|
|Hansraj College, New Delhi||To be Notified|
|Madras Christian College||To be Notified|
|Christ University, Bangalore||To be Notified|
|Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||To be Notified|
|Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce||To be Notified|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||To be Notified|
|K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce||To be Notified|
|Sydenham College of Commerce and economics||To be Notified|
|Kristu Jayanti College Bangalore||To be Notified|
|Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration||To be Notified|
MCom Entrance Exams
Most of the entrance examinations have objective type questions and are completely Aptitude Based exams. The MCom entrance test basically cover the following 4 sections: Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, English and Quantitative Aptitude
Entrance Exam Schedule
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Application Date|
|BHU PET||January 2021 – March 2021||August 2021|
|PU CET||April 2021 - May 2021||June 2021|
|AUCET||March 2021 – April 2021||May 2021|
|JUET||May 2021||June 2021|
|SKUCET||March 2021 – April 2021||June 2021|
|DUET||March 2021||June 2021|
|SRMHCAT||January – March 2021||May 2021|
|CUCET||March 2021 – April 2021||May 2021|
|CUET||December 2020 - April 2021||April 2021|
|OUCET||April 2021 – June 2021||July 2021|
Entrance Exam Syllabus
The MCom entrance exams syllabus consists of 4 major sections that deals with different sections of Commerce, mathematics and english.
|Unit- 1||Accounting and Auditing (Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, and Auditing)||100 Marks|
|Unit- 2||Business Statistics, Business Mathematics and Taxation including GST.||100 Marks|
|Unit- 3||Economics (Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Indian Economy and recent developments).||100 Marks|
|Unit- 4||General Management, Business Law, Company Law, Corporate Governance and Entrepreneurship.||100 Marks|
Entrance Exam Prerequisites
Before appearing for any MCom entrance exams, you should follow a set of prerequisites discussed below:
- Prepare a list of MCom colleges you want to apply for, and the entrance exams they accept.
- The top MCom entrance exams include: BHU PET, DU ET, CU Entrance etc.
- Check the eligibility and admission criteria for all of these MBA entrance exams.
MCom Admission Process
To take admission in the Master of Commerce course, students are required to give an entrance examination which is usually MCQ based, testing students’ knowledge and background in commerce.
Top MCom Universities such as Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Christ University, etc. conduct a national level examination for admission into their PG courses.
The basic eligibility criteria to pursue this course is as follows:
- Students need to secure a minimum of 50% aggregate in BCom or BCom Hons or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Some universities also consider students who have completed Bachelor’s degree in Economics & Statistics, BFIA, BBS and BBE with a minimum aggregate score of 60% or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Students belonging to Reserved category are entitled to marks relaxation of up to 5% in government universities.
How to Apply?
The M.Com admission process is provided through entrance examinations. Here are the steps that will guide you through the M.Com Admission process 2021.
- Choose M.Com colleges in which you want to acquire admission. Check their application process period and deadlines.
- For the colleges and universities that are offering admission through the entrance exams, candidates are required to register and apply for the exam firstly.
- Pay the application fee after filling the application form for the entrance exam with the required details.
- Post-confirmation, download the application form for the future reference.
- Keep an eye on the official website of the examination/college for the admit cards and other important notifications.
- After qualifying the M. Com entrance exams, students will need to fill the application form of the selected colleges/ universities along with the personal details such as entrance exams score, academic qualification, etc.
- If the students successfully achieve the college’s eligibility criteria, they will be called for a written test or interview rounds (direct admissions) to finalize the admission process.
- To secure admission, candidates will be required to pay the college’s admission fees.
Shortlisted candidates are invited to take part in the final selection procedure that includes WAT, PI, and GD in certain cases.
- Top Commerce colleges such St Xaviers Kolkata conduct WAT(Written Ability Test) and PI (Personal Interview) for final selections.
- In certain Colleges GD( Group Discussions) are also conducted.
After you have been shortlisted for final MCom admission, you are required to go through a round of admission counseling, which is nothing but submission of important documents such as certificates of previous examinations, personal ID proofs, MCom application forms.
The candidates are then asked to pay the admission fee within the scheduled date and accept the MCom college admission.
Top MCom Colleges
|NIRF Rank||College Name||Admission Mode|
|2||Hindu College, New Delhi||Merit Based or Entrance Exam|
|6||Loyola College, Chennai||Merit Based|
|7||Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), New Delhi||Merit Based or Entrance Exam|
|9||Hansraj College, New Delhi||Merit Based or Entrance Exam|
|13||Madras Christian College, Chennai||Merit Based|
|39||St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore||Merit Based|
|58||Stella Maris College for Women, Chennai||Merit Based|
|87||Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, New Delhi||Merit Based/ Entrance Exam based|
|Find the Best MCom Colleges in India 2021|
MCom Admission 2021 Tips
Here are a few points to help you in clearing the M.Com admissions process:
- Prepare thoroughly for the general aptitude tests and general science.
- We suggest all the students start your preparation 2 years in advance.
- Create a time table for all subjects and follow it regularly.
- Solve and practice last year’s question papers, apart from the model tests which are available on the official websites of the entrance exams or on the internet.
- Mock tests should be given in the case of online exams to get a hang of the computer-based entrance tests.
MCom Admission 2021 FAQ:
QUES: When will the registration process for M.Com Admission 2021 begin?
ANS: The registration process for M.Com Admission 2021 has begun from May/June 2021.
QUES: Is direct admission available for M.Com Admission 2021?
ANS: Yes, few colleges such as Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics and Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, offer admission based on the student’s UG merit.
QUES: Are the exam patterns for M.Com admission 2021 different then the previous years entrance examinations?
ANS: No, the pattern for entrance examinations remains the same. Although, students should regularly check the college’s/entrance exam conducting body’s official website for admission related updates.
QUES: What are the documents required for M.Com admission?
ANS: The documents essential for M.Com admission are:
- Graduation degree mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Provisional certificate
- Category certificate
QUES: What is the minimum percentage of marks required for M.Com admission?
ANS: The minimum percentage of marks required for the M.Com admission is about 50 - 60% for the admission into a good institution.
QUES: How much marks are required for the admission into BHU through the BHU PET entrance exam?
ANS: Around 270 - 360 marks are required for the admission into BHU through the BHU-PET entrance exam.
QUES: What are the different specializations under M.Com?
ANS: M.Com focuses on different specializations like finance, marketing, accounting, human resources, economics etc.
QUES: What is the use of an M.Com degree in India?
ANS: After completion of your M.Com, you can procure great job opportunities with a good salary.
QUES: What is the salary of an M.Com?
ANS: The salary of an M.Com graduate depends on the position and experience of a candidate. However, the basic salary after the completion of M.Com varies around INR 4 to 6 Lakhs.
QUES: What can I do after M.Com?
ANS: After completion of your M.Com you can look for job opportunities like Accountant, Tax Consultant, Bank PO, Accountant, Event Manager, Lecturer, Chartered Accountant, and Human Resource Development, etc.