MFC Course Details
Master of Finance and Control is a postgraduate degree of two year duration. The course generally lays emphasis on effective usage of Finance and Control as well as allows its students to explore the theories related to investments, commerce, stocks and finances of people.
The course also highlights studying structural financial services and planning as well as generation of assets legally and risk management.
Master of Finance and Control eligibility requires a bachelor's degree in any discipline preferably commerce, accounting and mathematics with 50% score.
The candidates are required to qualify the entrances examinations such as CAT to secure seats in the admission program.The course fee ranges around from INR 5000 to 5,00,000.
MFC Course Top Colleges and Fees
|Sai Institute of Paramedical & Allied Science , Dehradun||INR 77,100|
|Regional College of Management , Bhubaneswar Orissa||INR 1,00,000|
|Udayanath College of Science and Technology, Cuttack||INR 29,000|
|University of Sambalpur, Sambalpur||INR 60,000|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||INR 42,000|
Candidates with a successful Master of Finance and Control degree can work as Equity Research Analyst, Financial Analyst, Investments Analyst, Marketing Manager, Investment Banker, Business Analyst, Market Analyst, Operations Manager, etc.
Aspirants who wish to pursue this degree can earn salary packages ranging around INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000, the curriculum is created keeping in mind the general trends of the business market with respect to investments and equity as well as giving accurate study and analysis in corporate affairs related to finances and assets.
See more: Top MFC Colleges in India
What is the Master of Finance and Control Admission Process?
The candidates are required to have qualified an entrance exam such as CAT and common entrance test conducted by universities and colleges in India to seek admission in the desired colleges.
- Aspirants who wish to study in this course should apply for admission after their graduation by filling the form and uploading of necessary documents.
- Candidates are then required to register separately for entrance examinations such as CAT by filling the form and paying the online fee.
- After registration, once the admit card is live, candidates are required to download the admit card and later give the exam on the prescribed date.
- Candidates later, are required to fill their grades of entrance exam after declaration of results in their respective college's to proceed with the admission.
- Certain colleges also conduct personal interviews; a candidate must be prepared for the same.
What is the Master of Finance and Control Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for Masters in Finance and Control is given below:
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50 percent in their intermediate programs as well as bachelor's program in any discipline but preferably in commerce/accounting/ mathematics
- Candidates are also expected to have qualified an entrance exam such as CAT or CET conducted by various colleges and universities in India to secure admission in the desired college.
Which are the Top Master of Finance and Control Entrance Exams?
Some of the top entrance exams for Masters in Finance and Control are mentioned below:
- CAT: Common Admission Test is a test conducted by Indian Institute of Management to offer admission to students in their master’s program. The test pattern consists of multiple choice questions related to logical skills and reasoning abilities of students.
- CET: General colleges in India often conduct common entrance tests to offer admission in their course programs which vary from college to college. The pattern consists of questions that test the comprehension, logical and reasoning skills of the candidates.
|Exam||Conducting Body||Application Date||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CAT||IIM||September 23, 2020||November 29, 2020||Online|
How to Prepare for the Master of Finance and Control Entrance Exams?
Candidates willing to pursue this course should follow the admission guideline by proper preparation and qualifying the related CET examinations of their respective colleges
- Candidates should prepare an extensive time table of all relevant questions related to the subject and also practice the core logical and reasoning skills and accounting numerical.
- Candidates are advised to also solve the previous question papers of their subject material to understand the process and general pattern
- Candidates are also advised to take help of YouTube tutorials and eBooks to have better grasp and understanding of complex accounting and mathematical issues.
See more: CAT Practice Papers
How to Get Admission in Top Master of Finance and Control Colleges?
Candidates are advised to follow the admission notification guideline and read the instructions thoroughly.
- Candidates are also expected to enroll themselves in the CET exam schedule i.e. CAT or any other CET exam to seek admission in the college of their choice and preference.
- Candidates are then required to collect the study material through online and offline facilities, referring to previous years question papers and online modules and tutorials will aid them in their qualifying exam.
- Candidates are also advised to check their respective college's exam patterns and relevant questions sections to become more efficient and reliable in gaining admission in the program.
- Candidates are also expected to follow a time table, and practice extensive questions related to the subject and also general aptitude and reasoning to score better in the CET exam and seek admission in Colleges of their respective choice and preference.
Master of Finance and Control: What is it About?
Masters in financial and control is a two year post graduate program that deals with the study of finance and management in all spheres of corporate affairs and Trade as well as decision making and risk management. The course also deals with active principles of economics, accounting, commerce and mathematics.
- Masters in financial management also covers a wide range of topics on financial regulations and control with emphasis on how to conduct financial transactions and dealings through legal channels and pursuing ethical business administration.
- The program also offers insight on various taxation and lawful practices and procedures that the businesses can participate in to make their administration more secure and stable.
- Master of Finance and Control also allows its students to study in depth about various equity and assets management and control which a business can undertake for expansion.
- The course also assists individuals in developing exceptional characteristic changes in terms of analytical bent of mind and also helps in aiding decision making skills as well as risk management.
Master of Finance and Control: Course Highlight
Some of the major course highlights of Masters in Finance and Control is listed below:
|Full form||Masters of Finance and Control|
|Examination type||Offline and Semester based|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree (10+2+3)|
|Admission process||Entrance Test|
|Course fee||INR 5,000 - 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 - 10,00,000|
|Top recruiting agencies||Just Dial, Ernst & Young, Genpact, ICICI, HDFC, HSBC, Accenture, Toyota, Infosys, Adobe, HCL, IBM, Ebay, Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Alibaba, Google,|
|Job positions||Manager, Investment Banker, Business Analyst, Market Analyst, Operations Manager, Personal Finance, Consultant, Revenue Agent, Risk Analyst, Money Manager, Securities Analyst, Tax Adviser, Accountant, Budget Analyst, Corporate Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Financial Analysts.|
Why Study Master of Finance and Control?
Finances of any organizations are an integral part of the system and are needed to govern and manage transactions and dealings of business with stability and growth; hence MFC course is essential in many ways and tends to give importance to equity shares and investment management.
Candidates can also utilize this degree in the sector of banking where individuals can secure jobs as bankers, clerks and branch Managers. They successfully aid the banks in running smooth administration and hierarchical activities in an organized manner.
MFC is also capable of producing individuals who are well versed and efficient in handling marketing strategies and budget allocation jobs where they are able to manage the existing finances for certain projects and obtain the desired results within the budget and control unnecessary transactions.
Candidates can also work as consultants associated with finance and accounting in banks or accountancy firms, such individuals are responsible for delivering advice and sound insights on management of wealth and investments of existing clients and help them stabilize their assets.
Candidates can also work as risk analysts and offer services in terms of risk management in business and how such predicaments can be minimized to deliver desired results without loss.
Master of Finance and Control: Course Comparison
MBA in Finance and Control and Masters in Finance and Control are similar but some of the differences are listed below:
|Parameters||MBA in Finance and Control||Masters in Finance and Control|
|Course objective||To deliver quality education in Finance and Control aspects of business administration while keeping in mind the essential elements of business in general||A specialization of business curated to deliver maximum knowledge and in depth delivery of information related to finances of all kinds related to different types of business whether large or small without emphasis on risk management and control|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree with 50%||Bachelor's degree with 50%|
|Annual average fees||INR 10,000 - 5,00,000||INR 4,000 - 3,00,000|
|Annual starting salary||INR 2,00,000 - 9,00,000||INR 2,00,000 - 10,00,000|
|Duration||Two years||Two years|
Which are the Top Masters of Finance and Control Colleges?
Some of the Top Master of Finance and Control Colleges are listed below:
|College||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Sai Institute of Paramedical & Allied Science , Dehradun||INR 77,100||INR 2,00,000 - 5,00,000|
|Regional College of Management , Bhubaneswar Orissa||INR 1,00,000||INR 2,00,000 - 8,00,000|
|Udayanath College of Science and Technology, Cuttack||INR 29,000||INR 2,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|University of Sambalpur, Sambalpur||INR 60,000||INR 2,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||INR 42,000||INR 2,00,000 - 4,00,000|
|Institute of Professional Studies and Research,Cuttack||INR 1,90,000||INR 2,00,000 - 8,00,000|
|Thiagarajar College, Madurai||INR 27,890||INR 2,00,000 - 4,00,000|
|Vellalar College for Women, Erode||INR 5,042||INR 2,00,000 - 3,00,000|
|Gulbarga University Gulbarga||INR 15,575||INR 2,00,000 - 3,00,000|
|University of Delhi, Delhi||INR 20,000||INR 2,00,000 - 7,00,000|
Master of Finance and Control: College Comparison
Some of the Top Colleges are compared on the basis of different parameters:
|Parameters||Institute of professional studies and research Cuttack||University of Delhi|
|Overview||Master of Finance and Control curriculum of this Institute is designed keeping in mind the current progressive changes and transitions of the current economic world||Department of finance, university of Delhi combines the elements of excellent faculty experience with practical experience and knowledge|
|Annual fee||INR 1,90,000||INR 20,000|
|Average placement offer||INR 2,00,000 - 8,00,000||INR 2,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|Placement companies||Aditya Birla Group, Muthoot Finance, S and P group, Shoppers Stop||Infosys, HDFC bank, ICICI bank, GENPACT, Ministry of finance.|
What is the Master of Finance and Control Syllabus?
The semester wise Master of Finance and Control syllabus has been given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Concepts and organizational Behavior||Accounting for management decisions|
|Management Economics||Computer applications in business|
|Financial and Cost Accounting||Financial institutions end and markets|
|Financial Management||Corporate legal framework|
|Business Environment||Investment management|
|Marketing Management||Security Market Operations|
|Statistical Analysis||Research Methodologies and Business Communication|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Operations Research||Training Report & Presentation|
|International Finance||Strategic Management|
|E-Commerce||Strategic Financial Management|
|Corporate Tax Planning & Management||Insurance Management|
|Financial Services Marketing||Management Information System|
|Portfolio Management||Multinational Financial Management|
|-||Derivatives and Risk Management|
What are the Master of Finance and Control Job Profiles?
Master's in finance and control offers excellent job opportunities in many sectors related to business and its management ranging from e-commerce and retailing to banking, corporate industries to management firms.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Budget Manager||Budget managers are individuals associated with organizations and firms of different industries on the position of budget managers to allocate budgets and finance required to complete activities and attainment of desired results in the given time under the budget allotted.||INR 3,00,000 - 4,00,000|
|Financial Analyst||Financial analysts are individuals who are responsible for gauging and calculating the finances in terms of accumulation and outflow of cash and finance to determine the steady wealth of a given organization and management of finances fixed or liquid to obtain profits via investment and stocks||INR 3,00,000 - 5,00,000|
|Investment Analyst||Investment analysts are individuals involved with investment activities of an organization. Such professionals are fluent in modern investment potential markets and govern the investment activities of businesses to secure profits and growth||INR 7,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Business Analyst||Business analysts are professionals who are responsible for conducting business transactions where they see the maximum potential can be reciprocated and also oversee markets where profit and sales can be maximized. They are also responsible for developing business strategies and methods to improve existing components of business administration.||INR 8,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Accountant||Accountants are individuals engaged with business organizations to provide assistance in their management of accounts by keeping or maintaining books or records of accounts on monthly basis and also maintaining equilibriums on cash flow and liabilities of business dealings||INR 2,00,000 - 4,00,000|
|Wealth Managers||Wealth managers are professionals who are responsible for their client's wealth management by offering advice and insights on investment and stock market investment to increase their clients existing wealth store and manage excess earnings in a positive manner to maintain equal flow||INR 7,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Tax Officers||Such individuals are responsible for procuring tax from various business activities on time and also completing the formalities such as paperwork involved with such dealings to help businesses prosper in an ethical manner||INR 7,00,000 - 10,00,000|
What is the Master of Finance and Control Future scope?
Master's in Finance and Control offers exceptional job opportunities in various industries and sectors and are usually packed with great salary packages and rewards and incentives to provide adequate job motivation and stability in career growth and development.
- Candidates who wish to study further and enrich their knowledge in this sector can always opt for higher education in Finance and Control or related disciplines to seek appointment and employment as teachers and professors in universities and Management educational institutions to impart knowledge on critical concepts of finance to other students.
- Aspirants can also seek employment revenue agents and managers where clients can seek assistance related to revenue generation of large and small businesses to further expand and enhance their businesses image and prestige
- Candidates can work with the government's tax department as tax authorities and auditors to regulate taxes and policies to ensure tax collection and to provide assistance for the same.
Master of Finance and Control: FAQs
Ques. What is Finance and Control?
Ques. What are the top colleges offering this course in finance and control?
Ques. What is the eligibility for this course program?
Ques. What is the scope of master's in Finance and Control?
Ques. What exams are necessary and need to be qualified before getting admission in this course program?
Ques. What if I have a degree in arts and want to pursue Finance and Control? Am I eligible?
Ques. Can I seek work /job abroad with this degree?
Ques. What are the benefits of doing MFC?
Ques. What are the jobs for finance and control students after graduation?
Ques. Will I get a stable job once I acquire this degree?