MPharm Pharmaceutical Analysis is a 2-year post graduation degree. The course deals with concepts and processes of drug development, elucidation of structure, qualitative, and quantitative analysis of a drug, and its contaminants.
MPharm Pharmaceutical Analysis is a specialization of pharmacy which deals with the process of identification, quantification, and purification of a substance, separation of components from a mixture, or determination of the chemical structure of unknown chemicals.
They usually get employment in areas such as the pharmaceutical industry, Hospitals, clinics, labs, medical universities, etc.
The average course fee ranges from INR 90,000 to INR 6 lacs. The average annual salary that can be expected by the postgraduates ranges from INR 3 lacs to INR 10 lacs.
After the M-pharm degree one can opt to go for further studies by pursuing a Ph.D., LLB, or MBA degree.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Course Highlights
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science|
|Admission process||Entrance examination and counseling|
|Average course fee||INR 90,000 to 7,00,000|
|Average annual salary||INR 3 to 10 lacs|
|Top recruiting areas||Pharmaceutical Industries, Medical Colleges, Research Labs, Chemist Shops, Private Clinics|
|Job positions||Biostatistician, Professor, Formulation pharmaceutical Technology Scientist, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Pharmaceutical Subject Matter Executive, etc.|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Admission Process
- The admission process for the course is either entrance-based or merit-based. The admission criteria change with universities and colleges. However, some of the common criteria are mentioned below:
- One can apply for the course through the online/offline mode as per the college by following the college rules.
- In the case of entrance examinations, Admissions will be done based on the entrance exam conducted by the universities or the national level examinations such as GATE/GPAT, etc.
- In the case of merit-based admissions, the college will declare a merit list for the eligible students based on the academic score.
- Some of the colleges also consider both entrance exam scores and scores in the qualifying exam for shortlisting the candidates.
- Further, the final admission is done based on a couple of counseling rounds which include GDs and PIs.
Students opting for Pharmaceutical Analysis need to follow the following steps to get an Admission to a College:
- Fill-up the application form and submit it.
- Then submit the prescribed documents with the application fee.
- Appear for the entrance examination.
- Based on the exam result, admission will be done through the counseling process.
However, the following candidates are exempted from the entrance examination:
- Ones who have qualified the B.Sc./ M.B.B.S./ B.A.M.S. degree
- Foreign nationals are willing to take admission to Indian universities.
- Sponsored candidates from public/private sector or development organizations
M.Pharma Pharmaceutical Analysis: Merit Based
- The candidates who must have passed the B.Sc. in Biology/ Physics/ Zoology/ Genetics/ Chemistry/ Biochemistry are eligible to apply for the course.
- Ones who have acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Home Science/ Microbiology
- Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology/ Botany can also apply for the program.
- The candidates having degrees such as B.Sc. Agriculture/ B.Phs./ BDS/ MBBS/ B.Pharm. are eligible for the course.
- The candidates must have passed the above-mentioned degrees with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Along with that, one must have to pass the entrance examinations such as GATE/GPAT or the entrance exam conducted by any private institute for admission.
M.Pharma Pharmaceutical Analysis: Entrance based
There are many national and state-level examinations to appear for admission into the M-pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis.
|Examination||Application date||Date of exam||Mode of exam|
|GPAT 2021||December 23, 2020||February 22 and 27, 2021||Online|
|GATE 2021||September 11, 2020||February 6,7, 13, 14 2021||Online|
|OJEE 2021||February 2nd week,2021||May 2nd week, 2021||online|
|TS-PGECET 2021||March 2nd week,2021(tentative)||June 20, 2021(tentative)||online|
M.Pharma Pharmaceutical Analysis: Important Tips for Examination
- Start the exam preparation right from the beginning and avoid depending on the future. So that one will have enough time to study all the topics with ease.
- Get to know about the syllabus and exam pattern of the particular exam. So that one will get to know about the topics with higher weightage and give it more time to learn with full focus.
- Make a timetable according to your weak and strong topics for the preparation process. This will help the student to stop diverting from the process.
- Learn from the correct reference books and materials which will help you to learn and clear your concepts with relevant examples.
- Make sure that you practice more and more to be perfect. Never forget to do a revision of the important and frequently asked topics.
- Keep your environment peaceful from the nuisance and keep your body and mind healthy which is the most important thing to do well in exams.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Eligibility Criteria
- The students must have a minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA in their Bachelor of Pharmacy or BPharmacy course from a recognized university or college from PCI (Pharmacy Council of India)
- Some colleges required a minimum of 60% or equivalent to be eligible for M.Pharm admissions.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Top Colleges
|College name||Average annual fees|
|JSS academy of higher education and research||INR 2,84,500|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda(MSU)||INR 1,500|
|Bombay institute of pharmacy||INR 216,568|
|Nirma university||INR 3,90,500|
|ISF college of pharmacy||INR 1,00,000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru technological university(JNTU)||INR 1,80,000|
|VELS University||INR 1,30,000|
|SRM college of pharmacy||INR 1,50,000|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU)||INR 93,230|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: College Comparison
|Parameter||Institute of pharmacy (Nirma University)||ISF college of pharmacy||Bombay college of pharmacy (BCP)|
|NIRF 2019 ranking||21||23||24|
|Average annual fee||INR 3,90,500||INR 1,00,000||INR 2,16,568|
|Top Companies visited||Nestle, APCER pharma, Zydus Cadila||Overseas, Macleods, Bayers||Panacea Biotec, Tata Consultancy Service, Wockhardt|
|Average/median placement package||INR 9 LPA||INR 4.10 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Tips for College Admission
- To secure admission to a good college, the following points have to be remembered:
- Sort the preferred top-notch colleges in that field. Take reviews from the seniors or guidance regarding the placement, fees, college life, course curriculum, etc
- Get to know about the difficulty level of that exam and the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Give a look at the syllabus of the exam and the weightage of each section.
- Get to know about the marking scheme for such exams and try to strengthen your topics which are easy for you.
- Be aware of the dates of the examinations and counseling rounds.
- Some of the colleges also take an interview as a second-round for admission, so make sure that you are aware of all the recent affairs of the world along with the general knowledge.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: What is it about?
- Pharmaceutical Analysis actually revolves around the process of drug development, analyzing the quantity and quality of drugs and their contaminants.
- The discipline includes the areas related to drug safety, simplifying manufacturing, cutting down development costs, addressing market demands for evidence-based data in the domain of pharmaceutical development.
- Pharmaceutical analysis is a process to identify a substance or drug, the components of a pharmaceutical solution or the determination of the structures of chemical compounds used in the making of a pharmaceutical product.
- In this course, candidates are trained to develop new products containing mixtures and to analyze that.
- It is an advanced program through which, students can learn both practical and theoretical knowledge to operate lab instruments
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Course comparison
M-pharm in pharmaceutical analysis vs Mpharm in pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance
|Parameter||M.pharm in Pharmaceutical analysis||M.pharm in Pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance|
|Overview||Pharmaceutical Analysis is a branch of pharmacy which deals with the process of identification, quantification, and purification of a substance, separation of components of a solution or mixture, or determination of the chemical structure of unknown chemical compounds.||This course is a blend of quality assurance and pharmaceutical analysis areas.it aims to equip eligible candidates with a better understanding of drug-based substances and drug manufacturing|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree in relevant field||Bachelor's degree in relevant field|
|Admission process||Entrance based||Entrance based|
|Course fee||INR 90,000 to 7,00,000||INR 10,000 - 2 ,00,000|
|Average salary per month||INR 3 to 10 lacs||INR 3 to 10 lacs|
|Top recruiters||Pharmaceutical Industries, Medical Colleges, Research Labs, Chemist Shops||Pharmaceutical firms, Labs, Hospitals, universities, etc|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Syllabus
The syllabus of the course is divided into 4 semesters in a duration of 2 years with each year comprising two semesters. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical modules that are taught during the entire course graduation period.
Following are some of the details of the syllabus for reference:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Pharmaceutical analytical techniques||IPR|
|Pharmaceutical drug analysis||Pharmaceutical additive analysis|
|Quality control of drugs||Clinical analysis|
|Pharmaceutical analytical techniques||Pharmaceutical quality assurance|
|Pharmaceutical cosmetic analysis||Pharmaceutical additive analysis|
|Pharmaceutical drug analytics||-|
|Pharmaceutical cosmetic analysis||-|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Jobs Prospect
- Through both the theory and practical knowledge of this field in the curriculum, the students are highly skilled for the job and become easy for them to evaluate real-life problems.
- After the completion of the course of M-pharm in pharmaceutical analysis, students get the opportunity to explore the field in the areas such as Pharmaceutical Industries, Medical Colleges, Research Labs, etc
Some of the most common job profiles along with their description are listed below:
|Job position||Salary offered|
|Manager biostatistician||INR 10,00,000/-|
|Pharmaceutical technologist||INR 8,00,000/-|
|Business Analyst||INR 5,84,000/-|
|Packaging development officer||INR 3,00,000/-|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: Future Scopes
The MPharm in pharmaceutical analysis graduates can prefer to do jobs or business on completion of the course. They can even opt for further studies. The most common choices of the M-pharm graduates are listed below:
- Research: after the completion of the course, one can do further research work in areas such as drug discovery, formulations research, bioavailability, etc.
- Jobs: one can go for jobs after graduation in chemical companies, research institutes, universities, etc.
- Business: one can even start their own company or shops of medical instruments through expertise in various skills.
- Higher education: one can opt for further studies such as MBA, LLB or they can even study for Ph.D. through GATE in the specific field. One can even start preparing for other competitive examinations for improving their skills and graduation.
- Overseas career: one can even make their career by pursuing other pharmacy-related courses by appearing for GRE/IELTS/TOEFL etc.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis: FAQS
Ques. What is the course duration of M-pharm in pharmaceutical analysis?
Ques. What is the admission procedure for admission to the M-pharm in the pharmaceutical analysis?
Ques. What are the entrance examinations for getting admission to M-pharm in the pharmaceutical analysis?
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for M-pharm in the pharmaceutical analysis?
Ques. Which are the top colleges for M-pharm in pharmaceutical analysis?
Ques. What is the average tuition fee for the course in M-pharm in the pharmaceutical analysis?
Ques. What are the different subjects taught in the M-pharm in pharmaceutical analysis course?
Ques. Name the top-notch recruiting areas of the M-Pharm in the pharmaceutical analysis course?
Ques. Is there any facility of correspondence or distance learning in this field?
Ques. What are the job profiles that one can get after the course?